If you could have one game remade what would it be?

wolfy098

May 1, 2009
Megacherv said:
wolfy098 said:
... urge to say FF7 but i know when it'll happen

OT: Katamari Damacy in EU!
Well we're getting a Katamari Forever PS3 release.

I'd love to see Destruction Derby HD released. All that's changed is online and split-screen multiplayer, and updated graphics engine. Everything else should stay as it is.

God I loved that game.
Yes but britain SKIPPED DAMACY which makes no sense

Kimarous

Sep 23, 2009
Quest For Glory 2

Oh wait, I forgot. They HAVE remade that. Okay, uh...

Perfect Dark

Dys

Sep 10, 2008
Just one? That's a tough call. Maybe LoZ: A Link to the Past or Ocarina of Time. Probably a link to the past, I'd love to see a classic style RPG with modern graphics.

EcksTeaSea said:
Jazz Jackrabbit, its a more fun Sonic with guns.
Ohhhh good call, I remember playing that as a young 'un.

Advocate Of Death

Sep 23, 2009
How about Master of Magic? Or maybe even Masters of Orion 2? Seeing how MOO3 was such a failure and Age of Wonders was a failed attempt at recreating the awesome that was MOM...

RanD00M

Oct 26, 2008
Nmil-ek said:
Morrowind, hell even just update the graphics to not look like a 9 year olds art project I'd be over the fuckin moon.
That would make my whole bloody year.

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
Arcanum, Planescape: Torment and KOTOR spring to mind. Especially Arcanum, gods I nerdgasm every time I think of that glorious Victorian architecture and steampunky glory in beautiful modern day graphics.

Jazz Jackrabbit also sounds good, whoever posted that again, but there isn't a lot to improve on I guess.

dukethepcdr

May 9, 2008
I want Die By the Sword to be remade. Keep the amazing VSIM control scheme that makes it unique but give it awesome looking next gen graphics. It would be the best hack and slash game ever.

Advocate Of Death

Sep 23, 2009
Assassinator said:
Arcanum, Planescape: Torment and KOTOR spring to mind. Especially Arcanum, gods I nerdgasm every time I think of that glorious Victorian architecture and steampunky glory in beautiful modern day graphics.

Jazz Jackrabbit also sounds good, whoever posted that again, but there isn't a lot to improve on I guess.
Second on Arcanum, amazing game, many fond memories of Virgil calling my Half Ogre with an intelligence of one an idiot and other such insults...

WhiteTiger225

Aug 6, 2009
Aqualung said:
Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, with the graphics of Crysis and voice work... Ahhhh...
You do realize putting true voice work in LoZ would completely murder the franchise right? Half the fun is imagining those grunts and squeeks as the actual voices XD (Not to mention they aren't actually speaking english, but hyrulean so you would have to make up an entire language just to sub title it :p)

Advocate Of Death

Sep 23, 2009
Just thought of another, Record of Lodoss War from the Dreamcast. Never saw the anime series it was based off of but I played the hell outta that game.

JonnoStrife

Sep 5, 2009
traceur_ said:
scaledriver said:
WELCOME TO THE ESCAPIST!

I'd like Final Fantasy 7 remade with seriously amped up graphics and voices done by the same people who did it for Advent Children.
This is what they should have released for the PS3 or PSN.

Drangen

Feb 24, 2008
When remaking a game I'd need a good reason. For Blood Omen it would have to be the loading times and maybe a tightening up of the graphics. I can think of very few other games that need remaking.

Overlord2702

May 27, 2009
I would like a remake of Prefect Dark, NOT Prefect Dark: Zero, a proper remake. I sunk a bazillion hours in that game and still do.

Overlord2702

May 27, 2009
Kron_the_mad said:
the original metal gear games (not metal gear solid for the PS1 for all of you too young to remember the old games) although with less of a Rambo visual identity
They did that with the MGS 3 Snake Eater:Subsistence. they also made a 3D camera for it to. In Australia I seen it go for 200+ dollars on eBay.

DJDarque

Words
Aug 24, 2009
Psionronin said:
X-Com with better graphics but with all the gameplay intact, and Earthbound
I was totally going to say X-Com. I loved those games. They could totally use a graphics makeover.

Legend of Dragoon with new graphics and cleaned-up dialog would make me so happy.

I would also like to see Nightmare Creatures redone.

RufusMcLaser

Mar 27, 2008
Bravo Romeo Delta. [http://www.homeoftheunderdogs.net/game.php?id=143] I've always wanted a nuclear war simulator which played out with awesome graphics- such as Defcon.

Unfortunately Defcon was more arcade than sim by a looooong shot.