Impeachment 2, the reckoning revenge redemption.

Specter Von Baren

Annoying Green Gadfly
Legacy
Aug 25, 2013
I don't know, send help!
Country
USA
No I didn't say that as a way of saying "are you referring to me?"

I said it about what I've noticed about you for the past couple of years.
TDS hit a lot of people like a truck. Though I'd say Obsidian got the least of it as his compassion is still there to temper his anger. Other people who are no longer on the forums however went completely off the deep end. Though as the song Cold goes, "It's all so wrong. But who am I, who am I to say?" as I myself changed a lot over the last year. Though even on that end, I'm starting to lose interest in the political bull again as it seems our destiny is set.

Reactions: Dwarvenhobble

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
Now that Trump is found "not guilty", can we stop claiming that Trump "incited an insurrection" or "attempted a coup"?
We gotta agree with the superior authorities and and accept their conclusions, and not spread dangerous conspiracy theories that are in conflict with known facts, right?

Last edited:

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Now that Trump is found "not guilty", can we stop claiming that Trump "incited an insurrection"?
We gotta agree with the superior authorities and and accept their conclusions, and not spread dangerous conspiracy theories that are in conflict with known facts, right?
twifly eyeroll.gif

Kwak

Elite Member
Sep 11, 2014
Country
Now that Trump is found "not guilty", can we stop claiming that Trump "incited an insurrection" or "attempted a coup"?
Which 'we' exactly?

Reactions: MrCalavera

Avnger

Trash Goblin
Legacy
Apr 1, 2016
Country
United States
Impeachment is a political process, not a legal one. Troll smarter, not harder. ;)

Seanchaidh

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 21, 2009
Country
United States of America
even if people asserted your asinine misrepresentation that it's primarily the authority of the judiciary which makes the Trump election fraud claims bunkum, the Senate isn't a judicial body and just engaged in a nakedly political process.

ObsidianJones

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 29, 2020
Country
United States

Thanks, McConnell. You've said absolutely nothing. I'm glad your actions and your words are consistent.

I'm just going to quote a poster because he's lined it all up perfectly

sci fi sicko2 hours ago
Same guy that was responsible for delaying the proceedings till after trump left office.

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) said Wednesday that President Trump's second impeachment trial will not start until at least next week, formally rejecting calls to return the Senate to Washington early.

"The House of Representatives has voted to impeach the President. The Senate process will now begin at our first regular meeting following receipt of the article from the House," McConnell said in a statement.

He added that "there is simply no chance that a fair or serious trial" could be wrapped up before President-elect Joe Biden is sworn in Jan. 20, even if he were to agree with a request from Senate Democratic Leader Charles Schumer (N.Y.) to return the Senate to Washington, D.C., early to start the trial.

"This is not a decision I am making; it is a fact. The President-elect himself stated last week that his inauguration on January 20 is the ‘quickest’ path for any change in the occupant of the presidency," McConnell said.

The Senate is out of session until Jan. 19, a day before Biden will be sworn in.

Under a memo circulated by McConnell late last week, the earliest the Senate could begin consideration of the impeachment articles is at 1 p.m. either on Jan. 20, the day Biden is sworn in, or Jan. 21, the day after he is sworn in.

McConnell said the deadly riot was the product of "increasingly wild myths" and "an intensifying crescendo of conspiracy theories orchestrated by an outgoing president who seemed determined to either overturn the voters' decision, or else torch our institutions on the way out."

But despite all the criticism, he said he voted "not guilty" because he believes Trump is "constitutionally not eligible for conviction" given that he is no longer president.

The riot occurred on Jan. 6. The House impeached Trump on Jan. 13, while he was still president. Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., said the House was ready to send the article to the upper chamber on Jan. 15 but couldn't because the Senate was out of session. At the time, McConnell opposed returning sooner, arguing that a fair trial could not be conducted and concluded in the short time Trump had left in office.

"It is so pathetic that Senator McConnell kept the Senate shut down so that the Senate could not receive the Article of Impeachment and has used that as his excuse for not voting to convict Donald Trump," Pelosi said in a statement Saturday.
It was so vile and heinous that you couldn't be bothered to do anything until an arbitrary time you set up, that just so happened to be what you considered the scope of your legal limit. Right.

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
Impeachment is a political process, not a legal one. Troll smarter, not harder. ;)
I was just basing that off Revnak's post:

Impeachment (plus being found guilty in the Senate) implies that the individual has committed a crime. Pretty sure a judgement by the senate is legally actionable and would immediately or quickly lead to a federal conviction as well.
If impeachment implies that the individual has committed a crime, then acquittal implies that the individual is declared "not guilty".
Doesn't matter if the process is "legal" or decided by drawing straws. It's the official, authoritative process, and to disagree with it is to disagree with the authorities.

crimson5pheonix

It took 6 months to read my title.
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008

Democrats gonna Democrat. Just like Impeachment #1, they made sure to have enough to get everyone outraged with just enough evidence to get him "impeached" by The House (again) but made sure to hamstring themselves enough to make sure that Donald Trump could ultimately walk. They play everyone like a fucking fiddle; Democrats get to act outraged over this grave injustice while Republicans get to pat themselves on the back for a job well done with their defense.

All well, time to move on to nothing fundamentally changing now I guess.

bluegate

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2010
Ah, America, home of blatant corruption.

One could only hope that this shakes awake all democratic members in power now to finally get aggressive against the republicans, because they have plenty of evidence that they're a bunch of corrupt, spineless, deplorable degenerates.

crimson5pheonix

It took 6 months to read my title.
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
Ah, America, home of blatant corruption.

One could only hope that this shakes awake all democratic members in power now to finally get aggressive against the republicans, because they have plenty of evidence that they're a bunch of corrupt, spineless, deplorable degenerates.
Nah, they don't even want to use the tools they have already.

Reactions: tippy2k2

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
yes and if failed even those standards as under a full legal hearing the evidence tampering would have had a decent chunk of the case thrown out.

Cheetodust

Elite Member
Jun 2, 2020
Country
Ireland
I was just basing that off Revnak's post:

If impeachment implies that the individual has committed a crime, then acquittal implies that the individual is declared "not guilty".
Doesn't matter if the process is "legal" or decided by drawing straws. It's the official, authoritative process, and to disagree with it is to disagree with the authorities.
Really? Because even the people who voted in his favour don't think that means he's innocent.

“There’s no question – none – that President Trump is practically and morally responsible for provoking the events of the day,” McConnell said in a speech following the vote that led to Trump’s acquittal.

“These criminals were carrying his banners. Hanging his flags. And screaming their loyalty to him.”

He called Trump’s actions leading up to the siege “a disgraceful dereliction of duty.”

McConnell went further and suggested Trump could face charges now that he is out of office.

“President Trump is still liable for everything he did while he was in office, as an ordinary citizen,” he said. “He didn’t get away with anything yet.”

Reactions: MrCalavera

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
One could also hope that the space lizards are running everything, and a new dragon Emperor is proclaimed that takes better care of things. I'm thinking my one is less likely than yours, but not by much.

Hades

Elite Member
Mar 8, 2013
Country
The Netherlands
No? The jury forfeiting their duty to deliver a sentence doesn't magically mean the crime didn't happen. Trump wasn't convicted because the Republicans didn't want to sentence him, not because they felt he didn't do it.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
If you get rid of the enemy then who will the enemy be?
Oh, that's just a natural progression of "us vs. them" politics- all you do is just constrict what defines "us", and everyone who doesn't fit that definition becomes "them", the new enemy. Engage purity tests, purges and fresh rounds of demonization as needed.

Reactions: Dwarvenhobble

Agema

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
McConnell went further and suggested Trump could face charges now that he is out of office.

“President Trump is still liable for everything he did while he was in office, as an ordinary citizen,” he said. “He didn’t get away with anything yet.”
Except Trump just did de facto get away with it, thanks to Mitch McConnell.

The calculation here is simple: McConnell wants Trump to be taken down, but isn't in a million years prepared to be the man to do it, so he's passed the buck. And thus we see in purest form the example of leadership without bravery or moral backbone.

No wonder Trump took over the party.