It's Old Flames Only in Mass Effect 3, Says BioWare [UPDATED]

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
Yay. Liara's back for female, and Tali is back for male. I don't really care about anyone else. I'm good. Although I wonder which characters are suddenly going to come flying out of the closet like in Dragon Age 2. That worries me a bit.

Stevepinto3

Jun 4, 2009
Gay relationships?

MALE SHEPARD/GARRUS ROMANCE FTW!

To people that are offended by homosexuals hitting on you in a game; really? Why does this need to get so much talk? In ME2 every single female will make the first move on you, but I don't remember anyone complaining about that. Ask yourself if it's really because it ruins the experience, or if it's because you're just uncomfortable with homosexuality.

MASTACHIEFPWN

Will fight you and lose
Mar 27, 2010
Good thing I never played ME1, and I only banged miranda in ME2...
Yeah, I had some good times as Sheperd...

Blood Countess

Oct 22, 2010
to me it kind of seems everytime Bioware releases something new about ME 3 the less and less I want it

maybe some people are right, bioware is out to ruin their product

FFHAuthor

Aug 1, 2010
I'm really starting to wonder if all the folks making statements about ME3 are all actually working on the same game. It feels like just about every press release about this game has been contradicted by another press release.

Android2137

Feb 2, 2010
vrbtny said:
Hehe, I just had the ultimate thought.

I romanced Ashely as a Femshep in ME1. Then Romanced Garrus in ME2. And BioWare stated that cheating will have consequences.

And cheating on Ashely... with Garrus!! Boy, Ashley is going to be Mega-Mega Pissed....I'm gonna have to hide for the entire of ME3....
Yeah when I reached that point with Garrus, I was kinda wishing that Kaidan and Ashley would swap personalities! Then I wouldn't have left Kaidan to die on Virmire just because I didn't know how to break up with him gently.

Either way, as long as all of my Sheps get to further their relationships with their respective love interests, I'll be happy.

Kingsnake661

Dec 29, 2010
Gee. from the sound of it, some peoples shepard has way more to fear from teh space herpies then they do the reapers. LOL.

Mass Effect

Jul 8, 2010
Rauten said:
Soooo my female Shepard will FINALLY be able to go after Tali?

Bioware, you have just sold me a copy of Mass Effect 3.
See, what I mean... Tali is just so awesome - even the girls want her *seductive growl*...

As a sidenote... If Legion becomes a romance option (which I doubt) what would he say to you when he comes into your room?

Legion: Shepard-Commander.
Shepard: Oh Legion, I didn't expect to see you here...
Legion: Shepard-Commander we have reached consensus. Permission to begin sexual intercourse.
Shepard: *Stunned silence* That's one way to put it Legion.
Legion: Proximity alert, pleasure routines active. Beginning assigned task.

Also, does anyone else think Legion and Tali would make a cute and compatible couple :3!

Dr Jones

Join the Bob Dylan Fangroup!
Jun 23, 2010
vrbtny said:
Hehe, I just had the ultimate thought.

I romanced Ashely as a Femshep in ME1. Then Romanced Garrus in ME2. And BioWare stated that cheating will have consequences.

And cheating on Ashely... with Garrus!! Boy, Ashley is going to be Mega-Mega Pissed....I'm gonna have to hide for the entire of ME3....
But.. Both Garrus and Ashley are heterosexual. How can you woo them both?

I sense fraudulence in this here post!

Rauten

Capitalism ho!
Apr 4, 2010
Mass Effect said:
Rauten said:
Soooo my female Shepard will FINALLY be able to go after Tali?

Bioware, you have just sold me a copy of Mass Effect 3.
See, what I mean... Tali is just so awesome - even the girls want her *seductive growl*...
Might be worth noting, I'm a male IRL. I just enjoy the sights of women strong enough to rip my spine then beat me to death with it. Funnily, I play Paragon.

SovietSecrets

iDrink, iSmoke, iPill
Nov 16, 2008
I just want to be able to pick Miranda and I shall be happy. A bit saddened that I haven't heard anything about her yet or maybe I just missed something.

ZodiacMaster101

Jul 6, 2010
So, does that mean that if I decided to end my relationship with Liara by saying we should be friends using the shadow broker dlc, and then afterwards starting a relationship with Tali, I should be fine in Mass Effect 3?

Souplex

Souplex Killsplosion Awesomegasm
Jul 29, 2008
If Ash and Jack met, they'd probably talk about poetry. Ash likes the classics, Jack likes the emo stuff you hear at poetry slams.

zungerman090

Nov 18, 2009
This doesn't seem like a good idea. Basically, Bioware will change all of the existing characters. Imagine how awkward it will be to find out after 3 years of being together that Garrus is actually into human dudes. The characters should stay consistent. It just feels like an attempt to appeal to the fans. All the money that will go into developing these romance threads should rather be spent on adding missions and locations.

ryo02

Oct 8, 2007
before me2 came out I went through me1 again to make a perfect save and I romanced nobody and in the seconed game I romanced only Tali paragon all the way in both games. and I did not "romance" the consort.

I also did an evil female run (I dont like playing evil so not being my gender helps distance myself a bit) where I romanced liara and kaiden but when forced to choose went with liara. I also "romanced" the consort then in me2 romanced garrus who Im grooming to be evil.

I also did a paragon character who romanced Liara then Tali (or did I stay loyal to liara I forgot uh oh).

those should be interesting so I think Im set.

LiquidGrape

Sep 10, 2008
zungerman090 said:
This doesn't seem like a good idea. Basically, Bioware will change all of the existing characters. Imagine how awkward it will be to find out after 3 years of being together that Garrus is actually into human dudes. The characters should stay consistent. It just feels like an attempt to appeal to the fans. All the money that will go into developing these romance threads should rather be spent on adding missions and locations.
You realise that Garrus and Tali were made available as romances as fan appeasement, right?
How is this different?
No character has explicitly made an account for their respective sexuality, and is therefore wholly open for elaboration.

Execution is key. And if they do half as well as Dragon Age 2, I don't think we have any reason to worry if it turns out that Garrus has harboured unspoken lust for MaleShep all this time.