Lamest/WTF?! plot twist

dumblogic511

Oct 31, 2009
sinclose said:
Hail Fire 998 said:
dumblogic511 said:
Bioshock Spoiler:

At first I really liked the twist for bioshock, I had already figured out that your character is Ryan's son because of the pole dancer scene, and I was pretty sure Atlas was a bad guy, but I thought the twist about him having control over your mind was pretty sick. But then I started to think about it, and it doesn't make much sense. If he has complete control over your mind, why doesn't he just command him to take the adam from the little girl in the early part of the game? Why does he feel the need to fake some shit about saving his family to a guy he has complete control over?
To make you think you were your own man and it was all your choice.
Yeah but that's the whole point. It was just meant as a dramatic tool and made no logical sense. He shouldn't have to fake a story for his slave.
You replied with exactly what I was gonna say:) ty good sir. It is very strange to me that a game that is dependent on its narrative(a pretty damn good narrative for a video game)completely ignored, or missed a huge plot hole that I noticed in one playthrough.

Skorpyo

Average Person Extraordinaire!
May 2, 2010
ForgottenPr0digy said:
I'm the fucking Universe!!!!!!!!!

*guess the refrence*
I don't know, you've got me IN THE DARK there...

all ALONE and such...

Limzz

Apr 16, 2010
MadeinHell said:
Well most lately MW2
Funny story about that one: I played through the whole game thinking that we knew he was bad already and then he was conspiring with 141 and I was like "whaaaaat, he's on my team?" That was more surprising than the actual twist. It's the same thing that they did in doom 3: make a character so obviously evil you don't even realize the plot twist is a plot twist.

Nomanslander

Feb 21, 2009
Lord Honk said:
CK76 said:
The new Bionic Commando.

Your arm...is your wife...and wait, whaaaaa?
this

any. other. game. would've come up with a better story than this. i even liked
Dark Messiah's "NO, I'm your father" and
inFamous' "No, I'm you from the future"
more than that.
Actually I really liked the Infamous one.

The whole setting of the game was already over the top.

BlumiereBleck

Dec 11, 2008
In Radiant Dawn(great game thou) when you're in the middle of a huge battle armies clashing until everyone is turned to stone except the strongest(aka playable characters and merchants)

Nomanslander

Feb 21, 2009
dumblogic511 said:
Bioshock Spoiler:

At first I really liked the twist for bioshock, I had already figured out that your character is Ryan's son because of the pole dancer scene, and I was pretty sure Atlas was a bad guy, but I thought the twist about him having control over your mind was pretty sick. But then I started to think about it, and it doesn't make much sense. If he has complete control over your mind, why doesn't he just command him to take the adam from the little girl in the early part of the game? Why does he feel the need to fake some shit about saving his family to a guy he has complete control over?
Actually the question you should be wondering is why create a sleeper agent when all you're going to do is send him away and expect him to come back and fight his way to the target he's suppose to kill.

Don't they usually have sleeper agent implanted into an organization where no one knows about?

Misterian

Elite Member
Oct 3, 2009
Country
United States
Gears of War 2

RIGHT after the Delta Squad kill the RiftWorm, Command tells them they have to go to some lab that carries info on the Locust hideout.

I was with Marcus when he was like: 'What the hell?!'

Punisher A.J.

Nov 18, 2009
squidbuddy99 said:
Kingdom Hearts II
ROxAS is SORA(x)'s Nobody! And xEMNAS is ANSEM(x)'s Nobody. Kinda. Didn't see that coming, durpy durp-durp!
Yeah.... actually I kinda accepted that without thinking too hard... hm. what really is WTF is.... wait wait wait i need a
Xion looks like Kairi but is Sora's other half of the 2 nobodies. Roxas + Xion = Sora... yet its wrong to make a self-love/trasvestite joke when xion turns into Sora(and if you did not know that you're an idiot because the trailer gave that away). And how Xemnas turned into mansex.... ok haha its funny in all but mansex = sexman!.... just shows the type of people we are. and finally.... the keyblade/lightsaber effect. First one man get the master blade, then oh no there are two(its ok because when the evil + good guy gets the master sword{for the chosen ONE} its ok because its a good fight), THEN all hell breaks loose and EVERY ONE GETS THE MASTER BLADE!.... come on it was better when it was the one and only..... and how come I did not get one.

Oh and to count there are a total of 11 key blade users, that I know of.
Sora, Kairi, Roxas, Riku, Xion, Mickey, the 3 people from birth by sleep, their "MASTER", and the darth maul type evil dude who totally owned in that teaser. U know the guy who flew and controled like every Keyblade with his mind.

Yassen

Apr 5, 2008
I'd say the twist in Dante's Inferno after you beat Lucifer.

Okay so Dante has been dead this whole time.... eh?

Lucifer managed to make Death's Scyth disappear to show Dante had no real power. But what about all the things I killed along the way? Were they just an illusion or did that really happen? Did we really fight and defeat Death? Nothing is really answered.

I got the impression the whole twist was just poor writing where they might as well have said "Ooohhhh shit Dante's been dead this whole time bet you didn't see that one coming? Does this make our game good now that we included a twist?"

lucky_sharm

Aug 27, 2009
igissx said:
Basically i would say K.O.T.O.R but thats dumb when i can just say..... EVERY SINGLE GAME EVER MADE BY BIOWARE! They always have one plot twist that made me want to snap the controller in half...or keyboard...but the games were good so i forgive them.
This is a bit of a confusing post. Could you elaborate on what sort of other games made by Bioware that had dumb plot twists?

A Weary Exile

Aug 24, 2009
dumblogic511 said:
Bioshock Spoiler:

Fontaine wanted to give him the illusion of choice, if he had commanded Jack to harvest the sisters he would've thought something was up and resisted. Although, he would've had to do what Fontaine said anyway but whatever.

Nomanslander said:
Actually the question you should be wondering is why create a sleeper agent when all you're going to do is send him away and expect him to come back and fight his way to the target he's suppose to kill.

Don't they usually have sleeper agent implanted into an organization where no one knows about?
Perhaps Rapture was too dangerous for little baby Jack to grow up in, he had that accelerated growth so I think that Jack is only about two or three years old at the time of the game and he needed a safe place to mature then come back as Fontaine's puppet.

What I want to know is how Jack was able to get to land and live on the surface (..."When me and the Kraut put you in that sub you were no more than two.") how the fuck does a baby get to shore from a sub? This part has always puzzled me.

ConfusedCrib

Oct 30, 2008
Spaceman_Spiff said:
Chuck Palahnuk's Rant does it for me:

So apparently the entire story about modern day alienation and our obsessive desire for human contact is anyway possible is thrown out in favour of making the main character and interstellar time-lord!
True that, escape time and you are a GOD!

Cody211282

Apr 25, 2009
MadeinHell said:
Sunrider84 said:
MadeinHell said:
spoiler about ME2 said:
Illusive man looking over your team in the collectors base. Yeah he is actually looking over you there. I'm not sure if I remember it correctly but right before you go to the final boss you stand on the platform and start moving, and the Illusive Man appears in the background behind the wall (somehow) and he's super huge, it's like it's a gigantic TV screen and he is just filming his face. Not sure if I described it correctly because I played that game quite a long time ago.
But don't be surprised if in ME3 Illusive Man turns out to be:
A) Working with the reapers entire time
B) Some early version of the reaper HIMSELF (the eyes) but smoking kinda puts this off although he's the only smoking person in ME2 (and 1) universe so that puts me to my 3'rd version of the story
C) Illusive man is in fact some sort of... "ancient" person. Maybe hundreds of years old, maybe more and until I play ME3 I don't know how that would be explained.

The C option seems most "possible" to me, since Illusive man acts very weirdly, he doesn't act like any of the person within the universe, he is extremaly intelligent and eloquent and has a knowledge of human psychology that only comes with a lot of experience, while he doesn't look all that old, I would personally give him... early 40? Yeah somewhere around that. And that age seems to be not enough to accomplish all that he has accomplished. As said before he also smokes and he seems to be the only person in the universe to do such a thing (everyone else is doing "high-tec" drugs and alcohol :p)
As said earlier I might be completely wrong those are just preddictions but hey, if it turns out to be true (especially some form of option C) you know who told you that first (points finger at himself) ehe ;D
Isn't that thing with him in the background just a bug? I saw that too, but it didn't appear when a friend of mine played through it (he didn't notice at least) and when I checked that part of the "ending" on youtube, I couldn't see it there either, so I dismissed it as a bug.
Well it happening for more than 2 people at the same place in the same time kinda deminishes it as being a bug.
+ It would be a REALLY weird bug to have him in a pose that didn't appear through the rest of the game just to have him stare at you from the sealing.

And I'm pretty sure it's mentioned in wiki for ME2 I'll go check now.
I've beaten the game a few times and have never seen this, are you sure it's not a glitch?

dumblogic511

Oct 31, 2009
Nomanslander said:
dumblogic511 said:
Bioshock Spoiler:

I assumed there was probably some audio message in the game I missed that explained that, or the game just has big gaping plot holes that go largely unnoticed because people think they just missed part of the story.

Lordtommy

Apr 26, 2009
fix-the-spade" post="9.192269.6055941 said:
The second half of Modern Warfare 2 springs to mind. Especially as it all happens for no apparent reason and the main bad guy both destroys his own government and puts you in the perfect position to destroy him on purpose.

The ending of MW2 made pretty good sense to me:

The Russians captured an American military satellite which allowed them to access the defense network. This led to their sneak attack of the East Coast (and probably West Coast as well). Sheppard knew that launching that detonating that nuke above the US was the best way to incapacitate the Invading army, but couldn't willingly go with it because it would be considered treason. That's why he turns against your team at the end, to destroy all evidence of his involvement in the plan. That way he would appear to be more of a hero, and more Americans would enlist in the army to fight off the invading Russians. He basically stole Makarov's idea of killing his own country's civilians and blaming it on the enemy to incite the people to war.

dumblogic511

Oct 31, 2009
wouldyoukindly99 said:
dumblogic511 said:
Bioshock Spoiler:

Fontaine wanted to give him the illusion of choice, if he had commanded Jack to harvest the sisters he would've thought something was up and resisted. Although, he would've had to do what Fontaine said anyway but whatever.

He could have very easily said would you kindly harvest the adam, which is basically what he said anyway, just without the would you kindly, and he would do it without being suspicious. I also was replaying it a little while ago and noticed when he gets his first plasmid, he immediately jabs it into his arm without being told anything, kinda weird that the just didn't give a scene where atlas tells him to put it in his arm.