Laws of physics broken as a perpetual motion machine was invented

SinisterGehe

May 19, 2009
No way this can be true, otherwise the big fat corporation pigs of energy industry would have silently assassinated this dude, in order to fund wars in middle east so they can buy cheap oil and sell it us expensive. So they can get richer and we can get poorer while we are destroying the world with global warming.
SO logically this can't be true...

Isn't this what the green conspiracy theorist would say? or something according to these lines?

I think this isn't true, but if it its. Good work lad!
But I still think it isn't otherwise I would have heard it from other sources already.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
SirBryghtside said:
How did they prove this, by the way? Because it seems to me like they went "Yeah, it runs for a while, it's perpetual" and left it at that...
That's not how perpetual motion works. They're saying that it outputs more power than it inputs.

If it does, then we've solved the energy crisis.

antidonkey

Dec 10, 2009
Judging by the description, I'd say that a perpetuation motion machine was invented years ago. It's called a car engine and it "harnesses the power of exploding gas vapors".

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Futurenerd said:
THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS TRULY PERPETUAL ENERGY.
GET THAT THROUGH YOUR THICK SKULLS HUMANITY AND STOP BELIEVING THESE GUYS WHO SAY THEY'VE MADE THESE.
JEEZE.
Just out of interest: how do you account for gravity?

Tharwen

Ep. VI: Return of the turret
May 7, 2009
Wicky_42 said:
Lord Kloo said:
Jesus Phish said:
Wicky_42 said:
Eh, bull. If it was serious, it would be up in a few more mainstream publictions, lol. Also, what is the article on about here?
The inventor will not be able to fully patent the Alpha Omega Galaxy Freefall Generator. He will only be able to patent certain parts of the machine. This is because the device claims to be a perpetual motion machine that generates more power than it uses.
You can't patent a perpetual motion machine? Why not?!
You can't patent it because it's using bike parts. He didn't make those bike parts, nor the plans for them.

I'd be very interested to see if this is real or not. I'd love to see some more proof of it and what kind of output of energy it gives.

Ampersand said:
*sigh* you said it, it uses gravity to produce more electricity then it consumes. It's utilizing acceleration due to gravity and converting the kinetic energy into electricity. I'm sure that very clever but it's not perpetual motion.......this is simple stuff people.
It looks like more of a generator, but it looks like a very clean and safe one.
There isn't a single patenting board in the world that will accept to patent PMM unless they see visual and scientific proof by government officials.
There are patents for flying nuclear-fusion powered cars... You can patent anything, evidently.
That patent is for the invention of a flying vehicle powered by nuclear fusion, not for a nuclear fusion reactor. It protects the design from infringement by any other flying vehicle powered by a nuclear fusion reactor.

The patent in question here would be for a perpetual motion machine, which can't be filed since none have been invented yet.

Sigmund Av Volsung

Hella noided
Dec 11, 2009
Looks good, but massive generators will need a MUCH bigger motor.

Makes a helluva lot of noise though, like a retarded wasp stuck up it's arse.

Serioli

Mar 26, 2010
It's obviously not a real perpetual motion machine, it uses the initial input to open a portal to hyperspace and gate in energy so the output looks greater. It's not creating energy it's just bringing it in from another dimension, BUH!

jack583

Oct 26, 2010
i don't believe it.
if that thing atually works then, i am an idiot for quiting my design!
though the pricipal behind it does seem plausible.
a base design would be to have a lever free-falling down in a circle then a motor giving it a kick start to throw it back up with just enough power to send it back to the top and over. of course that wouldn't work, but it would be enough to figure out that device shown at the start of the forum.
using momentum as fuel is the only way perpetual motion will ever be possible. so i say this person is on the right track

Mr Companion

Jul 27, 2009
In Somerset? Sure, because thats where I would expect the perpetual motion engine to be invented. Somerset is the home of scientific revolution no doubt. This is such silly rubbish.

Zagzag

Sep 11, 2009
The first law of Thermodynamics says that energy cannot be created or destroyed. This machine is doing neither, it's just converting gravitational potential into electrical energy, if the article is correct. No physicists need to be consulted.

DazBurger

May 22, 2009
mance200 said:
There's also that nothing can create it's own energy. The number of machines, plant life, animals, and all other living beings that can do it is astonishing.
Oh really? Name one...

Bek359

Feb 23, 2010
It s indeed possible to make machines that have incredible energy efficiency, and can run for a very, very long time under their own power. However, it's like dividing by zero or reaching the temperature of absolute zero; you can get incredibly close, but you just can't do it. I call shenanigans on this being a true perpetual motion machine, but it may still be valuable if some of the principles of it can be applied to make existing machines more energy-efficient.

thejboy88

Aug 29, 2010
If this is true then it's nice to seen that the energy crisis we've been woried about might actually come to an end in our lifetime.

Serioli

Mar 26, 2010
lacktheknack said:
Futurenerd said:
GET THAT THROUGH YOUR THICK SKULLS HUMANITY AND STOP BELIEVING THESE GUYS WHO SAY THEY'VE MADE THESE.
JEEZE.
Gravity is based on mass and all mass is decaying, eventually all mass will cease to exist and with it gravity. A really long timscale but not eternal/perpetual.

VGStrife

May 27, 2009
lacktheknack said:
Futurenerd said:
JEEZE.
What?
Gravity is a force, not energy. Gravity can pull things towards it that have high potential energy (i.e. been moved away from the source using some other energy source) by transforming it into Kinetic.

Don't understand the question.

Also, Futurenerd, I agree with your caps use, I also wanted to shout, but I though a disproving head shake got my point across.