Mar-A-Lago Raid

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
I think the best chance for the Democrats (not that this will be very likely to happen) is for Biden to decline to run for re-election, in which case California governor Gavin Newsom has expressed interest in running. I think he would have a pretty decent shot, and he's shown himself to not be afraid to call out Republicans for their bullshit.
Most Americans will hate Newsom just for being from California (and related to Pelosi) and even people in California don't actually like Newsom. The only reason he's calling out Republicans is because he's a drama hound, not because he has any actual morals or convictions (though I'll give him credit for the insulin thing).

Reactions: Gergar12

meiam

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2010
I think the best chance for the Democrats (not that this will be very likely to happen) is for Biden to decline to run for re-election, in which case California governor Gavin Newsom has expressed interest in running. I think he would have a pretty decent shot, and he's shown himself to not be afraid to call out Republicans for their bullshit.
Oh god please no, he's like the mirror image of Desanti. Can't we just have someone whose not crazy and maybe below the age of retirement.

immortalfrieza

Elite Member
Legacy
May 12, 2011
Country
USA
Oh god please no, he's like the mirror image of Desanti. Can't we just have someone whose not crazy and maybe below the age of retirement.
And while we're at it, let's get someone with actual integrity, find the fountain of youth, and genetically engineer pigs with wings and hollow bones.

Reactions: Thaluikhain

Godzillarich(aka tf2godz)

Get the point
Legacy
Aug 1, 2011
Cretaceous
Country
USA

SilentPony

Previously known as an alleged "Feather-Rustler"
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where

immortalfrieza

Elite Member
Legacy
May 12, 2011
Country
USA
Considering the fact that Cannon is an appointee of Trump she shouldn't even be on the case due to clear conflict of interest, but of course they're going to ignore that.

Burnhardt

Elite Member
Legacy
Feb 13, 2009
Country
United Kingdom
I mean at this point Im just impressed: https://www.salon.com/2022/09/30/wh...s-stunned-after-overrules-own-special-master/

Trump told his pocket Judge he wants a special master. She agreed. Then he told her he doesn't like the special master actually doing stuff, so he doesn't want to have to follow the special master. And she agreed.
Wish I had a leash on a judge that tight.
He thought he was getting another sycophant, who would blindly agree that everything had already been properly declassified either by the proper processes or his mind, or was covered by attorney-client privilege, whilst also reiterating his election fraud spiel.

Instead he got someone who actually approached the job properly and completely neutrally, and he and his team did not want to answer the questions being asked about the evidence.

The US legal system is seriously fucked up if a former President can have this much influence over it.

meiam

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2010
Trump is running straight to supreme court hoping they'll bail him out... probably will happen. Maybe at the same time they'll make it illegal for non christian to breath or just straight up declare Trump is the new god and above the law.

Godzillarich(aka tf2godz)

Get the point
Legacy
Aug 1, 2011
Cretaceous
Country
USA
Trump is running straight to supreme court hoping they'll bail him out... probably will happen. Maybe at the same time they'll make it illegal for non christian to breath or just straight up declare Trump is the new god and above the law.

Trump has served his purpose to them, no need to keep him around. If they wanted to help them they would have helped him overturn the election

Reactions: BrawlMan

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
Trump has served his purpose to them, no need to keep him around. If they wanted to help them they would have helped him overturn the election
Just as the man routinely discards everyone around him, so he is discarded now that his usefulness is ended.

The irony

Reactions: BrawlMan

meiam

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2010
Well that was absolutely true, request denied (with no comment)

Now I wonder if Trump get re elected if he'll try to impeach them for not helping him.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
Well that was absolutely true, request denied (with no comment)

Now I wonder if Trump get re elected if he'll try to impeach them for not helping him.
Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. I think I can actually hear his pudgy thumbs slamming against his phone screen, posting a "Truth" screed about the loyalty he thinks they owe him.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

Ah! Okay, now it makes sense. Trump isn't a traitor, he didn't commit high crimes against the United States and sell our national secrets for debt relief...he's a toddler with o comprehension of other people's property. In other words:
That makes him worse and even less trustworthy. I am not surprised in the slightest. People in the Republican party and his religious fanatics need to stop feeding his Galaxy wide ego.

Generals

Elite Member
May 19, 2020

Ah! Okay, now it makes sense. Trump isn't a traitor, he didn't commit high crimes against the United States and sell our national secrets for debt relief...he's a toddler with no comprehension of other people's property. In other words:
Hasn't this always been the excuse of those who pretended to be anti Trump "moderates" but yet kept on defending him? So they were right after all? But this doesn't somehow make his actions any less of a crime as far as I understand.

Reactions: Thaluikhain