Marc Ecko Creates the World's Ugliest Halo T-Shirts

Sevre

Old Hands
Apr 6, 2009
Well atleast he tried, I'd never be caught wearing a video game t-shirt though. Maybe a Half Life one though.

Anton P. Nym

Sep 18, 2007
I'm probably the biggest Halo fan most people will meet... and let me say that I won't touch any of these t-shirts. Especially not for ~$40.

The problem isn't the franchise, it's the designer; I took a peek at the rest of Ecko's site [http://www.shopecko.com/family/index.jsp?categoryId=2879130&cp=2441354] and he's really into hyper-busy jam-everything-in compositions. Sorry, not for me.

-- Steve

scotth266

Wait when did I get a sub
Jan 10, 2009
They don't fit my tastes, but hey, someone out there will love them.

Not my place to judge really: they're made in an art style that I don't appreciate.

MR.Spartacus

Jul 7, 2009
"Looks like Bungie vomited on your shirt." I'll say that to anyone I see wearing that monstrosity. Honestly though it's just way to busy and unoriginal. Looks like somebody just doctored ripped apart a lot of screen shots.

Goldbling

Nov 21, 2008
I don't have any game shirts, I don't think they make 3XL fat people shirts. Then again I don't pre-order or whatever you have to to get them anyways, if I knew I probably would but no one ever tells me.

Goldbling

Nov 21, 2008
Sigel said:
Yuck-I would not get one even if they were free and came with a puppy.
Aww cmon, now all the free puppies have to be put down because of the ugly shirts!

omgwaffles

Jul 23, 2009
GodsOneMistake said:
WTF I Could make a better shirt than that, a fucking sugared up 12 year old could make a better shirt than that.
Hey, I didnt come here to be insulted
*snivel*
*seizure from sugar overload*
*dead*

Shapsters

Dec 16, 2008
The white one on the right isn't that bad, not as though I would wear it. The shirts aren't as bad as Malygris makes them out to be, but they are pretty damn gawdy.

AkJay

Feb 22, 2009
VoltySquirrel said:
It may look bad to you, but if you see half of the things teens wear these days, and it would look perfectly acceptable.
true, maybe more teens would buy it if it had a fake jewel-encrusted "G-Unit" on the side.

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
I really like Halo...those things are just insulting really. Ugh, I think I threw up a little in my mouth.

Xanadu84

Apr 9, 2008
I have absolutely no fashion sense. Dressing up for me generally consists of a solid color shirt with buttons. And these T Shirts...Even I think they are an eyesore. Whatever happened to understated?

I hate to milk the, "I know damn well everyone here likes Valve" wagon for all its worth, but perhaps we should compare these shirts with the Valve store shirts

http://store.valvesoftware.com/index.html

I'm noticing a severe discrepancy they should address, cause Valve stuff is a lot better.

John Stalvern

Aug 28, 2008
This ghetto fabric vomit stuff was popular in my area last year. Thank god its reached critical mass and is dying out.

Xanadu84

Apr 9, 2008
So this has never come up for me before, but how do I upload images? Because I think I'm going to show how these shirts can be made much better, and my goal is to make them infinitely better with under half an hours work, only useing MS Paint, and my absolutely non-existent art skills.

Edit: Since I don't know how to upload images, here's a link to my attempt to take these shirts and make them at least vaguely wearable. Again, MS Paint, a few minutes, and no art skills whatsoever.

http://s950.photobucket.com/albums/ad344/Xanadu84/

TOGSolid

Jul 15, 2008
The more important question is, who is Mark Ecko, and why should we even give a shit?

On the plus side, even MTV Multiplayer called them garish, loud and "basically unwearable."
http://multiplayerblog.mtv.com/2009/07/24/halo-clothing-by-marc-ecko-is-basically-unwearable/

Neurowaste

Apr 4, 2008
Some of them are too sugary hyped, but they aren't the worst thing I've ever seen, not like I'd wear any of those pieces of crap, I'm perfectly fine with my halo shirt.