Metroid Film...by Uwe Boll starring... Jessica simpson

Mr. In-between

Apr 7, 2010
Yeah... like Nintendo would ever allow this to happen after the sad sack of shit that was Super Mario Bros.

Canid117

Oct 6, 2009
I know I haven't played metroid in a while so my memory is a bit spotty but... where did the fucking love interest come from? It wasn't from the original game so why are they saying "Back to its roots?" This has to be a joke. A very bad joke that a /b/tard would do for the lulz.

RivFader86

Jul 3, 2009
Uwe Boll....SHOOT IT...SHOOOOOOOT IT

Edit: Now i read it i feel i have to clarify...Shoot Uwe Boll (Bang)...not Uwe Boll shoot the movie

fluffybunny937

Jul 5, 2009
I just placed a bet of 20 cents with my local bookie. If this movie wins an academy award I'll be a very rich man.

Krion_Vark

Mar 25, 2010
Enigma6667 said:
NINTENDO franchise
I remember reading an article about WHY Nintendo hasn't had one of their games made into a movie yet. They are VERY VERY Protective. I highly doubt they would give Uwe Boll the okay to have one of their children and make it into a grotesque monster. I also remember that they said something like they aren't putting making a movie out of one of their games is bad they just want the right guy to come along and I HIGHLY HIGHLY doubt they would let Uwe Boll have at it and make it into a disgusting piece of fecal matter.

Apr 24, 2008
I kinda want this to be true, but I suspect it isn't. I have trouble imagining Nintendo would be this stupid. Then again... http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0108255/

Addendum_Forthcoming

Queen of the Edit
Feb 4, 2009
Swarley said:
If this movie is ever made I will build a Dalek war suit and end the world with it.
Although I doubt this film will ever be made ... I shall help you if it is true :3

Humanity will be deemed 'unclean' after such an event and must be purged :D Being serious however ....

I do reckon that major Nintendo brands (Zelda, Metroid, Mario) are incredibly precious things to Nintendo (despite the old cartoon-a-fying of Zelda, and the comic-a-fying of Captain Nintendo), so it's not doubtful that they'd hold out for some director (and film budget) that would atleast blow people away.

I mean, Metroid has all the things that could work in a movie as set pieces .... guns, big monsters, acrobatic female protagonist who shoots said guns at said monsters who operates well and truly behind enemies lines all by her ownsome.

But it's storyline isn't exactly stellar, the setting is brilliant ... you're a mercenary in a protracted series of wars and skirmishes against a thoroughly alien enemy, whilst formerly attached to a colonising centralised bureaucracy that has extended (and is extending) itself throughout the galaxy.

But being an interplanetary soldier mowing down hordes of aliens isn't exactly a fresh idea that hasn't been written about and screened half a billion times.

A Metroid movie would either have to take the setting to it's very first roots, or just throw out most of the story, to beable to juggle the increasingly complex mountain of settings that has been laid ontop of eachother every Metroid game. And even then it would have to pad it out and add additional emotional reasons why we should care at all about Samus apart from the fact that she is a walking (or rolling) battle tank that is also half ninja.

It's a bit hard to care about a character of whom you can't even see her face half the time.

Gerhardt

May 21, 2010
Whether you are a Metroid fan or not, and whether you think Metroid (or any other game) does or does not have movie potential, it doesn't sway the fact that Uwe Boll is nothing short of entertainment cancer.

Despite Nintendo re-releasing that game about 20 times to make embarrassing amounts of money from their fans, it's a game that holds a special place in the hearts of most gamers due it being the first game to ever have a female protagonist. A very bad ass heroine at that.

Metroid just doesn't have the kind structure to be a compelling movie, but I think that when most people think of it being made into a film, they're thinking something like Avatar minus all the wordy-talky meatbags in favor of greater sci-fi, special effects bonanza.

It all comes down to a hot chick wearing half a tank and frying anything that so much looks at her funny, and that I think is something we can all believe in.

by the by, if you haven't already.... http://www.petitiononline.com/RRH53888/petition.html

Mercurio128

Jan 28, 2010
fluffybunny937 said:
I just placed a bet of 20 cents with my local bookie. If this movie wins an academy award I'll be a very rich man.
Unfortunately you won't be able to collect your winnings as any universe where Uwe Boll can win an Oscar would kersplode due to extreme levels of inanity.

Krion_Vark

Mar 25, 2010
Deiphagia said:
The Metroid games are very exploration/random encounter action oriented. How would they make that into a movie?
I can see a Metroid Fusion movie because there was significant plot.
I give thee the Metroid Manga. Samus talks and its pretty much an origin story which is actually pretty AWESOME.

Icecoldcynic

Oct 5, 2009
Oh dear lord. This is horrifying. The worst part is, as a metroid fan I will of course feel compelled to see it.

Master_of_Oldskool

Sep 5, 2008
Oh good dear God, tell me this is a joke. DEAR GOD TELL ME IT'S A JOKE. Uwe Boll must never be allowed to ruin Samus, not with Jessica Simpson's help, not with anyone else's. WE MUST DESTROY THIS IDEA FROM THE MINDS OF MEN EVERYWHERE, LEST IT COME TRUE AT THE HANDS OF SOME HORRIFYING EVIL BEING.

Besides which fact, Jessica Simpson just isn't hot enough to portray Samus.

stiborge

Sep 23, 2009
I don't know. This all seems a bit too ridiculous to be real. I feel like this has to be an elaborate joke.

Thaius

Mar 5, 2008
If this is true... no, it can't be. No way would Nintendo hand over one of their most prized franchises to such a madman. I could see him casting Jessica Simpson, 'cause it's not like Boll ever makes good decisions, but this wouldn't happen in the first place. It can't.

And if it does... anyone want to join me on a suicidal mission of assassination?

Zeromaeus

Aug 19, 2009
Swarley said:
If this movie is ever made I will build a Dalek war suit and end the world with it.
I'll join you.
EX-TER-MIN-ATE UWE BOLL!

It does seem like a really bad joke though.

CKalvin

Sep 21, 2009
Blackvegie said:
Everybody is focusing on the negative so for a change of pace i'm going to focus on the positive:

This is going the greatest movie ever! Maybe Uwe Boll has matured as a filmmaker and delivers an action packed, thought provoking, Sci-Fi epic. Maybe Jessica Alba adds a layer of depth to Samus Aran creating one of the most compelling characters in cinema history.

Maybe.
Obvious troll is obvious. If it was Jessica ALBA and not SIMPSON I wouldn't mind watching, but the bit about Boll creating a thought-provoking epic is about as realistic as any of Boll's movies winning any form of accolade [ apart from a Razzie ]

and krion's right, Nintendo, like Blizzard, aren't going to be so bloody stupid to put a highly regarded franchise in Uwe Boll's grimy disgusting hands.