Modern Warfare 2 Stimulus Package Details Spawn

ad5x5

Jun 23, 2009
I've played MW2 a grand total of once in the last two months.
That was last night with a couple of friends in a private game.

I don't think I'll be spending any more money on that game - because I really think it is fundamentally flawed.

Skeleton Jelly

Nov 1, 2009
Mrsnugglesworth said:
Damn.

I WANTED VACANT!

But Overgrown is a good map to.

Crash is sort of meh for me.

OT: I'll pay, because I love MW2.
Its people like this that are actually going to waste so much money on DLC and prove to developers that gamers can be milked for money.

Ben Legend

Apr 16, 2009
No, I never play on it anymore, and 1200 points? Waste of money for me.

If it was a zombie map like in CoD: WaW, then Hell Yeah!

Twad

Nov 19, 2009
baggyn said:
I think its a bit over priced for only 3 new maps and 2 old ones tarted up
I was thinking the same thing. Overpriced for basically nothing. Pure profit.
No wonder they didnt add mod support, that way they control all the stuff produced and make you pay for it.

RheynbowDash

Jan 26, 2009
iTeamKill said:
ToonLink said:
Sweet Jesus. I cannot wait for this. IW could pretty much charge whatever they wanted for this and we'd still buy it.
From reading the replies, I think its you and like two other people... I didn't even bother buying the game yet. its 10 dollars too much and no dedicated servers.
Well I'm playing the 360 version so im not concerned about dedicated servers. And I stand by what I said. People are gonna buy this. IW is going to make a lot of money off of this map pack.

ryai458

Oct 20, 2008
I'm not spending $15 on five maps I spent five times that much on the full game and I'm not spend another $15 on maps, why can't the be like Bioware and release free DLC?

TurkMafia

Jan 14, 2009
gagagagagagaga said:
Funny thing is, I honestly believe every single one of you will get it, if you play MW2 with any regularity, since you won't want to be left playing on the regular maps while everyone else is playing on the new ones.
When did they add the function to choose the map you play on? Oh wait, you can't because gamers these days hate free choice.

Anyone who buys this map pack is going to spend the majority of their time ditching out of lobbies that aren't the new ones wondering why they payed 15 dollars to play maps they are only allowed to play randomly. You thought it was hard to find a decent lobby before?

VanBasten

Aug 20, 2009
Interference said:
Fuck no. 800mp maybe, but that is completely ridiculous for 5 maps. Anyone would think Activision were trying to bury Call of Duty completely at this rate.
Yeah, because the last time they hiked up the price over 25 million people didn't buy their game, right?

Velocirapture07

Jan 19, 2009
1200 mp....They must think I'm made of money or enjoy playing MW2 enough to pay that much for 3 maps....They're wrong.

Velocirapture07

Jan 19, 2009
Gunner 51 said:
I would suggest a boycott until the price comes down to something more reasonable like 800 points.

A message should be sent out to every publisher that it's not OK to go around over-charging like this.
I totally agree....unfortunately it will never happen specifically because of all the people who's first reaction to this was "OMG I've gotta have this!".

Gunner 51

Jun 21, 2009
Velocirapture07 said:
Gunner 51 said:
I would suggest a boycott until the price comes down to something more reasonable like 800 points.

A message should be sent out to every publisher that it's not OK to go around over-charging like this.
I totally agree....unfortunately it will never happen specifically because of all the people who's first reaction to this was "OMG I've gotta have this!".
If only people could just hold off for a month or two, it'd really cheese off the bosses of whoever made the decision to overcharge. But with any luck, gamers across the world will have enough resolve to see this one through.

bjj hero

Feb 4, 2009
Kalezian said:
also, no hackers on the 360 version that I have seen.
There are hackers with modded 360s. Most of the 10th prestige people you see online, hacked. Ever join a game where everyone is running around at 70 mph? hacks. I've also read on the forums about people using the opposite of the exp hack so that everyone playing loses hundreds of thousand of xp, going back to level 1. Check the IW forums.

It is still expensive for 5 maps. I could get Castle crashers or marvel vs Capcom 2 or Shadow complex or Trial HD for that price. I could go on.

People will still buy it though.

MattRooney06 said:
£50 pounds for the main game £10 for the dlc.....which wont even neseceraly be on PS3

yeah nice going infinity ward

maby their just trying to clear the road for treyarch.....fucking mw2

Short repetative singleplayer campaign, multiplayer that is full of hackers, campers and thermal scope abusers......urgh im done
How do you abuse thermal? just use cold blooded.

I find it odd that Vacant isn't listed. On Sentyouamessage on XBL they mentioned Vacant would be released as part of the pack. As this is official Microsoft PR stuff I find it odd that it would be wrong.

HentMas

The Loneliest Jedi
Apr 17, 2009
good, i was getting tired of playing in the same maps over and over

i just hope those maps are not that big, i play 4 split screen, and to change monotony i usually play in every map available... needless to say we spend the better part of the game looking for each other (unless we point on a part of the map and decide everyone will go there hehe)

primitivescrewhead

Dec 16, 2009
Onyx Oblivion said:
No way. Treyarch gave us 3 map packs. Each 2/3 of the price of this, with a nice balance.

Treyarch's map packs all had 3 new MP maps, and a new Nazi Zombies map. And a bundle for less money than individual maps.

Treyarch>>>>>>>>>>>>>IW

I'll still end up getting this, because a boycott isn't going to stop it from selling. But I'm not getting it until it is forced into
rotation.
Agreed, Treyarch's DLC was much better value

Stylish_Robot

Dec 29, 2008
not to mention their community support was quicker, anytime a glitch/exploit came up, POOF!, patch, IW it's like "hey there's a glitch" they take 2 or 3 weeks to patch it and by that time, 2 more popped up "hey there's a glitch" "no we patched it" "no these are new" "aww damnit"

LordChhaya

Feb 11, 2009
Blimey 10 quid for 3 new maps and 2 old but now they look nicer maps? Christ I never though I'd be happy to miss out on DLC, but really that's just taking the piss.

MrSnugglesworth

Into the Wild Green Snuggle
Jan 15, 2009
Undead Warfare said:
Mrsnugglesworth said:
Damn.

I WANTED VACANT!

But Overgrown is a good map to.

Crash is sort of meh for me.

OT: I'll pay, because I love MW2.
Its people like this that are actually going to waste so much money on DLC and prove to developers that gamers can be milked for money.
Oh, I'm sorry I enjoy the game and would like new maps and old ones that are pretty good. Fuck, I'd be pissed if they just remade old ones but they made completely new ones.

So I don't care.

Stop being so bandwagon-y.