Most "holy shit" inducing game section ever?

bliebblob

Plushy wrangler, die-curious
Sep 9, 2009
There's been so many I'll just say the latest one, which happened just now actually.

For the longest time I tried really hard to love oblivion just because I liked morrowind so much. Alas I was pretty underwhelmed, not in the least by the switch from morrowind's interesting alien world to a way more generic setting.
So today I decided to at least get a look at sheogorath's world before I completely gave up on the game. Just because, you know, I did pay for it. (I got the GOTY edition)

And than...
I got to that part where you sit down and talk to sheogorath's chamberlain and than the walls disappear to reveal the fringe. And I was like "Holy sh*t now THIS is more like it!" Not only was it very beautifully done but the fringe looks sooooo much more interesting. I knew sheogorath's plane was gonna be a little different but not this much. There's completely different monsters and everything!

Buleet

Feb 21, 2010
Just Cause 2.
The ending.
WARNING:SPOILERS
You ride a set of 4 nukes fighting an apparently immortal midget defusing them one by one while you play as a combination of james bond and spain.after defusing the second nuke i realised holy fuck im fighting a midget on nukes whilst playing as a Spanish James Bond.
I am pretty sure that counts as a holy shit-inducing moment.

Bugerion

Jan 10, 2011
Umm STALKER:SOC when you decide to run away from monolith that whole running part with portals was WTF moment for me especially when on brief moment you teleported back to that gun dealer

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/572871

This. Seriously, play this game. Make it to the end and you'll see what I mean.

Other than that...The opening mission for Saint's Row 3. Fucking plane-fu!!

As for games that are out and that people have heard of...the first time I used the Fat-Man in Fallout 3. And just about every other time since ammo for it is kinda scarce and I never specialize in heavy weapons [sub]not that you really need it of course...[/sub]

C95J

I plan to live forever.
Apr 10, 2010
Grouchy Imp said:
'Holy shit what the hell is that get it away from me!!!' moment - playing Fallout: New Vegas, scavenging around Searchlight:
Specifically when I went into the fire station and came face to face with my first Radscorpion Queen.
A similar thing happened in New Vegas, when I:
Went into a random ant mound, casually killing ants when I encountered an ant queen. I actually freaked out, purely because I didn't expect it.

Omnific One

Apr 3, 2010
End of Episode 2
End of Belly of the Beast in Medal of Honor
Nuke in CoD4

Also, I LOVE Second Sun in MW2. Seriously, I love the beginning of that level. And the end of the previous one.

Zyplin1080

Sep 14, 2008
The 13th colossus (the flying snake) from SOTC

Nearly any boss from MGS3, but to pick one, The End.

Maybe topping the last two: The end of Portal 2. I fired the last portal without thinking and realized what I just did literally a split second before it happened.

Nuclear Pancake

Aug 29, 2009
I think the only 2 moments that have made my heart pound like hell are the ending of the suicide mission in Mass Effect 2 , i had heard that people could die and 2 of my friends who had played it were talking about who they lost as i was playing, everytime someone fell over got hit i jumped and then the final sprint to the Normandy before flying away was my most emotional game moment yet.

An honourable 2nd was COD4 (but not the nuke)the mad dash to the helicopter as the ship is sinking and nearly falling at the end, just awesome.

imnot

Apr 23, 2010
Halo 3 ODST:
Final mission, just driving down the highway with my tank blowing up shit and HOLY SHIT

Well shit :O

James Crook

Jul 15, 2011
When I first used the MP40 is Call of Duty: World at War's multiplayer... holy nuts that thing was madly overpowered.

Qmonster

Sep 20, 2010
Hmm. Well, it was more something I did to annoy a friend, but I played through the entire first level of Stranglehold only shooting enemies in the crotch.

books of war 13

Jul 1, 2011
batman the third time facing scarecrow never been so scared when playing my console i'd recently had some technical problems with it.

Alade

Ego extravaganza
Aug 10, 2008
The conversation with Sovereign from ME1, it came as a real shock and it really made the threat that the reapers pose very clear.

T-Bone24

Dec 29, 2008
Talking to Virgil on Ilos in Mass Effect was a very humbling experience as the scale of the crisis and the age of the Reapers just hits you full force. Similarly, the conversation with Sovereign earlier on in the same game.

And then in Mass Effect 2 when you find out that the *spoiler*s are really *spoiler* and have been *spoiler*ed by the great, big *spoiler*.

When you find out that the Collectors are really Protheans and have been enslaved and altered by the great, big Reaper death fleet. And then realising that if Saren had got his way in the first game, the same thing would have happened to us, if life hadn't been exterminated anyway. The no-win situation didn't really sink in until that point.

Vykrel

Feb 26, 2009
the final level of Halo 1, when you escape the Autumn. that part was just so epic, and i dont think anyone expected it to be that crazy. when i was playing it, i expected to walk to a nearby ship or something. then when i got in the warthog i thought i was gonna drive like a few hundred feet or so. i didnt see that long, epic escape sequence coming.