New DS Title Asks You to Play Two Games Simultaneously

berault

Nov 5, 2009
Mr. Gency said:
I'm trying to find a browser game much like this, but I'm having trouble. I blame the fact that I can't remember what it's called.

It's a platformer.
you could be thinking of "shift"?

Antiparticle

Dec 8, 2008
Hm, this could be interesting... although I'm not sure playing two bland unoriginal adventure games at the same time is really equal to one good game. I'll wait for the reviews.

Aurgelmir

WAAAAGH!
Nov 11, 2009
When I first read this, I was picturing playing Metroid on one screen and Mario on the other. But looking at the trailer, it looks rather cool.

Personally I didn't find it to brain hurting... all you basically do is face yourself in and out of one screen and into the other.
Only time you need to look at the other screen is if your current screen has some thing that is stopping you.

That said, looks like there was a lot of fast action there.

Might get this game.

Nalgas D. Lemur

Nov 20, 2009
What it made me think of is this [http://tasvideos.org/380M.html], or if you really want something to eat your brain trying to follow it, this one [http://tasvideos.org/871M.html]. We're going to need more screens...

BobisOnlyBob

is Only Bob
Nov 29, 2007
As a fan of TWEWY, I know I can cope with shifting play. I'm also a fan of Ikaruga, the Shift series on Kongregate, and games like Metroid and Gunstar Heroes.

Provided the actual platforming feels good and the enemies are sufficiently challenging (and it isn't as painfully generic as it looks besides the gimmick), then this is a must-buy for me.

orangeapples

Aug 1, 2009
berault said:
Only problem I see with this is that you wouldn't be able to use the touch screen part, at least not as much, with arguably half the game occurring on the part of the hand-held that is not touch screen.. I'm just saying.
This game is taking advantage of 2 screens. Not all DS games need to use the touch screen. the touch screen is a function: a function that doesn't HAVE to be used. An example would be: your car HAS an AM reciever, but your radio doesn't HAVE to use it.

I actually know someone who thought her radio was broken when it was only in AM.

back on topic:

besides, it is called the Nintendo DS for dual-screen, not Nintendo TS for touch screen.

Aardvark Soup

Jul 22, 2008
Wow, is this still not out yet? I can remember this same game being announced for the Game Boy Advance years ago before it was moved to the then newly released Nintendo DS...

verindae

May 22, 2010
InnerRebellion said:
Oh my. That game looks amazingly annoying.
My thoughts exactly, though it's pretty cool at the same time. I think I'll be getting this one for sure :p

Rack

Jan 18, 2008
I've played The World Ends With You and as a result I know for a fact the answer is no. I absolutely can't play two games simultaneously.

Imper1um

May 21, 2008
Wow, I'd play it and get frustrated, but I think it will be fun to play. Yay for hurt braens!

romxxii

Feb 18, 2010
This is less confusing than The World Ends with You. This game you're actually switching between two game worlds and only control the character on a particular one. With TWEWY you're controlling two different characters at the same time, with unique movesets, and you have to synch up their attacks.

minarri

Dec 31, 2008
Deofuta said:
Reminds me of the combat in The World Ends With You

That hurt my brains as well.
I thought of the same thing. That game was too bothersome for me to play more than a few hours of before returning it, so I'm thinking this new one might be the same way.

rpspartin

Aug 4, 2009
Zebag said:
There is already a DSiware game like this. Difference is though that the characters are always on both top and bottom screen so you have to pay even closer attention. Oh ya the game is called Chronos Twins
I was just about to mention that game. to me at least it played way to slowly and i just couldn't get into it.