New DS Title Asks You to Play Two Games Simultaneously

Mr. Gency

Jan 26, 2010
berault said:
Mr. Gency said:
I'm trying to find a browser game much like this, but I'm having trouble. I blame the fact that I can't remember what it's called.

It's a platformer.
you could be thinking of "shift"?
No, it has to two screens much like this and the screens show different parts of the same level.

It's is black and white, though.

PrototypeC

Apr 19, 2009
They are clearly really proud of themselves, and despite the annoying trailer the game actually looks extremely clever. With such a simple change, the game becomes a unique experience. I just wish they had chosen a less cliche name, appropriate though it may be.

ShoopDaToaster

Jun 15, 2010
Meh,the gameplay doesn't seem that good,it's probably just going to be a puzzle game where you press a button every time you're about to get killed.

Ih8pkmn

Apr 20, 2010
Ok... Excuse me while I expose myself to radiation that will enable me to grow 2 more eyes on my cheeks so I can play this game!

OT: This looks awesome. Why can't there be more games that are original like this?

Also: 200 posts!

Withall

Jan 9, 2010
That looks pretty petty awesome- Really creative use of the DS's hardware- and for what seems to be a fan-made game, pretty decent music. If I had a DS, I'd be looking out for that game, and see if it gets a Nintendo-seal release.

Rack

Jan 18, 2008
I just had an evil idea. They could fuse this with Crush and have a sequel on the 3DS where the top world was 3d and the bottom world was 2D.

Daedalus1942

Jun 26, 2009
Holy sweet shit! I want this game. As long as it's not as retarded as The World ends with You'd battle system (Squenix should be shot).
This looks very original and has intrigued me enough to keep my eyes on it. About time, DS games lately have been quite shite (no I haven't played Dragon Quest IX yet, it's not out here yet, I'm waiting).

Jesus Phish

Jan 28, 2010
That does actually look really interesting and it's the first game on the DS in a long time to peak my interest enough to make me consider buying it and dusting my DS off again.

Therumancer

Citation Needed
Nov 28, 2007
I like "The World Ends With You" to a ridiculous extent. :p

That said this game doesn't do much to suck me in so far.

lwm3398

Apr 15, 2009
A side-scrolling puzzle-platformer in which you shoot stuff? With a unique twist that makes it unlike the other side-scrolling puzzle-platformer-shooters that makes it seem interesting? And there are parts in which you get in a ship and have to shoot stuff?

Hey! Guys! I think I invented a time machine! I'm back in the NES era!

Joking aside, this has piqued my interest. It might not be a complicated mechanic, but holy shit does that video make it look intuitive. If the switching is fluid and the game is kept interesting by, say, varied weapons, enemies, and stages, this could be a really good game.

ProfessorLayton

Elite Member
Nov 6, 2008
That is... amazing. I really hope this game doesn't end up falling flat, because that is such a cool idea.

Wildcard5

Jun 27, 2010
Most interesting.....

If the game has tight enough controls to work this mechanic well it will be a hit.

Either way I would at least rent it.

AvsJoe

Elite Member
May 28, 2009
Bullshit and chips I'll ever be good at that one! I'm among the people who have a difficult time with gum and walking myself; my brain was overloading just watching that diputs trailer!