New Skyrim Gameplay

Dr_Horrible

Oct 24, 2010
OakTable said:
s0m3th1ng said:
OakTable said:
I'm not feeling it. Graphics look pretty mediocre, and the combat is much too clunky-looking. Not to mention Bethesda has a terrible repuation for writing, so this is probably going to have a very poor story.
If you think those are "mediocre" graphics(Taking into account it is the 360 version being shown) then WHAT, pray tell, do you consider "good" graphics? This is the single most beautiful game I have ever laid eyes on.
I don't think you've seen either Metro 2033 or Crysis 1 on maximum settings.
To be fair, you just named the two highest graphical quality games ever (as far as I know) on max settings, and compared them to a 360p video of the Xbox version of the game... far from a fair fight

Captcha: "103 legoomen" does this mean that 103 men made of legos will bring about the apocalypse? i knew it!

Lukeman1884

Sep 21, 2010
Awesome. The ONE thing that kinda disappointed me was what little I saw of dual wielding weapons in this game. It seems like all it does is give you another weapon to choose from while attacking, with you still just swinging one weapon at a time. Here's hoping you CAN actually attack with both weapons simultaneously. Also, the finishers looked great, not like the crappy ones used in DA

OakTable

May 10, 2011
I was responding to his comment that Skyrim was the most beautiful game ever.

EDIT: I'm a bit annoyed that half the comments here are, "THIS GAME HAS DRAGONS AND YOU CAN SHOUT FIRE THEREFORE IT IS GOOD." I thought an RPG was judged based on the amount of choices and consequences it presents to you and the stories and characters they have instead of solely judging it on the combat.

Kuilui

Apr 1, 2010
Its looking amazing indeed. Top shelf, cannot wait to play it. I'm looking forward to the day an elder scrolls game gets released with four player coop, full story and all that. That will be a day of greatness that will be unsurpassed for many years to come.

Duffeknol

Aug 28, 2010
Dragons: Yaaaaay!

Ragdolls: NNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

Azaraxzealot

Dec 1, 2009
OakTable said:
I'm not feeling it. Graphics look pretty mediocre, and the combat is much too clunky-looking. Not to mention Bethesda has a terrible repuation for writing, so this is probably going to have a very poor story.
well i'm kind of excited. it might get me back into fantasy RPGs for all i know.

i love the lighting and texture work i'm seeing.

AnAngryMoose

Nov 12, 2009
graverobber2 said:
AnAngryMoose said:
imnotparanoid said:
[HEADING=1]HOLY SHIT[/HEADING]
That was fucking epic!
Especially the dragon!
Not just any dragon. An unscripted dragon! Once I heard unscripted dragons and saw how quickly you could swap out weapons for spells I became ecstatic. I loved my Battlemage in Oblivion and now he's got some dragons to kill!

Definitely a day one purchase.
Day one purchase?

PRE-PURCHASE!!!

This game is going to be so awesome
Too true! Especially if there's going to be awesome pre-purchase goodies!

Now the most important question: Will my PC be able to do it justice?

Javarock

Feb 11, 2011
Duffeknol said:
Dragons: Yaaaaay!

Ragdolls: NNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!
Why are ragdolls bad?. I enjoyed playing with the corpses, And I found some amuseing bugs with them....

Sinisterair

Oct 15, 2008
I Now know that my choice to pre-order first day i could was a smart one.....not that i ever doubted Bethesda.......I Cant wait for this game, I love the ElderScrolls

Tharwen

Ep. VI: Return of the turret
May 7, 2009
I'm slightly concerned that the second bandit didn't start looking around for the player when his friend got shot, but other than that it looks fabulous.

I want to talk to the giant mammoth-herders!

WorldFree55

May 22, 2011
everything was just...perfect. And this is the first time i have ever said that about any game. This game just looks absolutely gorgeous.

Screw the first day purchase, I'm going to the midnight purchase!

Super Toast

Supreme Overlord of the Basement
Dec 10, 2009
Obligatory picture.

Any and every doubt I had for this game is gone. I want it. Now.

Jezzascmezza

Aug 18, 2009
When the dragon picked up that giant and threw it into the air, I almost squealed a little in joy.
Game looks great. Definitely my most eagerly anticipated game for this year, and that's saying something.
But he didn't mention the Dark Brotherhood, which is a little disappointing.

Frotality

Oct 25, 2010
between this and the witcher 2, i just might be able to wash the bitter taste of bioware sequel out of my mouth...

bigger, better, MORE stuff as opposed to less....theres hope for the future of WRPGs yet.

my only worry is that from the video its apparent you still level your skills by using them, but they scrapped the minor/major skills mechanic...so your gonna end up leveling in skills you dont care for, but theyre the only ones your good with, so you have to use them to survive....and you get caught in the same vicious cycle as the fable games, ending up with a character you hate because you accidentally used a sword too much and the starting spells suck.

...oh well, im sure a mod will clear that up. god i love PC gaming...

voetballeeuw

May 3, 2010
Where do I sign the life of my unborn child away?

I am incredibly excited for the release. So far, it seems like it could become my top game of all time. I loved Oblivion, so hopefully this turns out to be greater.