New Starbucks Size Larger Than Average Capacity of Human Stomach

Dirkie

Feb 3, 2009
Next step in the enlargement craze after the Trenta: the "StarBucket" a regular sized bucket containing 2.5 gallons/10 litres of any beverage you want, comes with a straw, a napkin and a portable toilet.

SenseOfTumour

Jul 11, 2008
With all due respect, I'm not buying any of their drinks til I can get a large without needing a english to Starbucks dictionary.

I'm pretty sure if I started a chain up and called the sizes 'twondy' 'klumpf' and 'voog' I'd get as much ridicule as they deserve, although I think in Britain, it's gone the same way as McDonalds in that 'have a nice day' doesn't happen, you can ask for a large chips and they'll get the damn 'fries' for you, etc. Go into a UK Starbucks and ask for a large black coffee and I doubt they'll try to re-educate you.

Trivun

Stabat mater dolorosa
Dec 13, 2008
More Fun To Compute said:
What a pointless infographic. How many pints of beer do people drink before they need to visit the little boys or girls room? Normally significantly more in volume than this "impossible to drink" cup of coffee. Although I would be bouncing off the walls if I drank all that at once.
I heard that for beer or cider or whatever, the usual rule is "one pint, one toilet trip". Which makes sense, really. That's on average, of course, and I tend to go once per pint-and-a-half to two pints, but still...

Anyway, I agree with this quote, in general. It is pointless. However, what I find pointless isn't the info, but rather, the fact that Starbucks feels it necessary to release such a large size. And then limit the amount of stuff that can be served in said size. Plus, how much is it going to cost, and how many people are really going to bother buying this when there are other, more sane, sizes available?

Then again, I've never really cared for Starbucks' size system anyway. Call me a pretentious hipster if you want (though as I do like some mainstream stuff too, I prefer the term 'indie'), but I've always thought that Starbucks calling their sizes in the Italian style is just pointless and rather elitist of them. Much more pretentious than any 'hipster'. I mean, 'verdi'? Come on, what does that mean in English? I bet most people don't know unless it's pointed out. Which is why I prefer smaller indie-owned coffee shops anyway, and when I'm in any big chain place I always just say "can I get a large latte, please" and let the barista figure out what I mean...

DuctTapeJedi

Nov 2, 2010
It says it's bigger than the average human stomach. Not the average American stomach.

With all the other crap we consume, coffee is the least of out problems.

Fr]anc[is

May 13, 2010
That 'venti' bullshit is for real? That's just... sigh... Who's the comic who said "Just get me a fucking large!"

GLo Jones

Activate the Swagger
Feb 13, 2010
I doubt it'll come overseas. There simply isn't the demand for something like that out of the US.

icyneesan

Feb 28, 2010
Blue_vision said:
icyneesan said:
Iced coffee is serious f*cking business. I still prefer the Ice Caps from Tim hortons though... And the donuts... and the sandwiches... and the hot/cold items... Okay I like Tim Hortons a lot more then Starbucks, but Tim Hortons doesn't have a 1L cup
Ewwwwww Tim Hortons coffee bean-based drinks :p
I'll admit, their muffins are awesome thouth. And the soup. And the sandwiches. But donuts are donuts, no matter what way you cut it.
Tim Hortons coffee actually tastes like coffee to me, and its not overpriced as Starbucks. Also, F&@K YEAH DONUTS!

That's Funny

Jul 20, 2009
Oh it is On. Think your giant sized cups can defeat my stomach Starbucks, well you ain't seen nothing yet.

[sub][sub][sub][sub]I'll be pissing through the night, but it'll prove my point.[/sub][/sub][/sub][/sub]

Jaded Scribe

Mar 29, 2010
kazuki landen said:
TheYellowCellPhone said:
One liter of coffee.

I wonder who would need that much to stay awake.
Students!
^^This. By midterms, I'm measuring my daily coffee intake in number of pots, not number of cups.

31 oz and I MIGHT get through class without feeling drowsy.

DSEZ

Aug 8, 2009
mmmmmmm 31 ounces of carmel frappe

its not that big of a drink when considering the average person should drink a gallon of water a day

dex-dex

Oct 20, 2009
daaaang!
i don't even drink the smallest cup at tim hortons which i believe is eight oz. so that is about 236 ml.
JESUS A LITRE OF COFFEE!
i drink almost that amount of water a day.
my stomach does not need to expand.

dex-dex

Oct 20, 2009
SenseOfTumour said:
With all due respect, I'm not buying any of their drinks til I can get a large without needing a english to Starbucks dictionary.
I call their language Starbuckian!
thought I should share!

fletch_talon

Nov 6, 2008
My stomach must be seriously fucked up.
I quite frequently consume 1L (sometimes 1.25L) bottles of iced coffee in one sitting.

Now I'm worried.

CleverCover

Nov 17, 2010
The highest I go is grande. I'll admit I run through a tall five seconds after I leave the store, but venti is just too much to handle. By the time I'm done it's all cold and icky.

Who is honestly going to buy this much coffee? After the homework is done, sleep would be a nice prospect.

Maniac536

Jan 14, 2009
A couple years ago a guy sued starbucks for 4 million dollars because he was unfortunate enough to have glass in his coffee.

When they asked him why he was suing for 4 million (opposed to another amount) he responded, "Hey, I just wanted my money back."

Baneat

Jul 18, 2008
Trivun said:
I heard that for beer or cider or whatever, the usual rule is "one pint, one toilet trip".
Yeah but you tend to get about three in before you need to go, provided you drink fast. ultimately it ends to something like that, the liquid's gotta go somewhere