Next Fallout: Ideas?

AlternatePFG

Jan 22, 2010
I'd like Obsidian to develop it again, if they can try to make it less buggy and maybe improve their level design. I'm sorry, I just don't think I can handle another Bethesda Fallout story, even if I still really, really like Fallout 3.

artanis_neravar

Apr 18, 2011
You know what I want Maine, it's got nice population centers in the south then when you go north you have the crazy fucker camps, those groups of people who live in walled towns in constant paranoid fear that the government is mobilizing the army against them. it would be interesting to see the conflicting setting. Plus mutant Moose and Bears would be awesome

Jared Brokaw

Mar 14, 2011
to all the people saying forieghn countrys, im not positeve on evy little bit of the big war but wasent only america nuked. And id like to see canada. i remember that in the fallout universe it said that america annexed canada alittle before the bombs fell so ide like to see it there think radiated niagra falls and giant mutated beavers.

artanis_neravar

Apr 18, 2011
Jared Brokaw said:
to all the people saying forieghn countrys, im not positeve on evy little bit of the big war but wasent only america nuked. And id like to see canada. i remember that in the fallout universe it said that america annexed canada alittle before the bombs fell so ide like to see it there think radiated niagra falls and giant mutated beavers.
I think everyone launched nukes at everyone, we just don't know how it turned out.

Jared Brokaw

Mar 14, 2011
k. like I said I dont know evry bit of the story. Even still I would like to learn more about the annextation be cause I have never seen anything more about it other then the intro cinematic in fallout 1 and a loading screen in 3.

SomeBrianDude

Nov 30, 2010
For me, Fallout has to stay in America. Any other country and it just wouldn't feel like Fallout. I wouldn't be adverse to DLC set elsewhere, but the main game has to stay in the US.

I would love to see something set around the Alamo, perhaps the New California Republic has set up an outpost there, but suddenly there's a horde of Mexican raiders/mutants (with Sombreros!) on the horizon and you've got the choice to either help defend the outpost or throw it to the wolves. With a Mexican victory being the canonical outcome. I'd really like to see the NCR take a beating in future games.

sqrlaway

Mar 10, 2011
here's an idea-- shove it and make something new and original. fuck these infinite sequels coming out. I like Modern Warfare 2 as much as anybody, but it's time to move on.

artanis_neravar

Apr 18, 2011
sqrlaway said:
here's an idea-- shove it and make something new and original. fuck these infinite sequels coming out. I like Modern Warfare 2 as much as anybody, but it's time to move on.
Fallout has a huge following why would they ever not keep making them? The fan base wants them so who are you to try to take that away from us?

AlternatePFG

Jan 22, 2010
sqrlaway said:
I'd hardly say Fallout has been milked for sequels.

pwned123456

Feb 4, 2011
Belgian_Waffles said:
Seattle, I want to travel to the Space Needle and see how all of the hipsters died horrible horrible deaths (I live in Seattle don't get butthurt Washingtonians)
Fallout shouldn't leave America or at least it shouldn't go beyond Canada, that would make an interesting game.
i would say simillar but definitely add lower British Columbia and have the player start up there because it would be less brutal because it was a low priority target

Alpha Centauri

Sep 7, 2009
Toronto, USA

Remember USA annexed Canada, I'd love to see the effecs of it, hints of resitance maybe, it could be very intresting.

artanis_neravar

Apr 18, 2011
AlternatePFG said:
sqrlaway said:
I'd hardly say Fallout has been milked for sequels.
When you put it that way, there aren't many fallout sequels at all, they all have their own unique story, with unique characters they are more like separate games given the fallout title because they take place in the fallout world

Chevy235

Jun 8, 2010
Fallout Appalachia...RISE OF THE TECHNO-AMISH!

Srsly though...Glasgow. It's already halfway there.

EDIT: You know...after thinking on it, I agree with some other folks that London would be great. A mythos that draws heavily on cafe racer culture, the Avengers, and all of the goofy early Sixties fashion choices.

I'm imagining a guy riding a big British twin wearing a bowler and gas mask, holding a folded umbrella with a hunting rifle on his back - riding in his sidecar is a dog with goggles on. That's your cover, right there.

viking97

Jan 23, 2010
two things, no fast travel (or no fast travel without some sort of canonical reason)

and...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_KU3lUx3u0

that (don't know how to embed vids)
TL;D(watch) do morality better, more ambiguity.