NPC you couldn't bring yourself to kill or mourned the death of

Zaksav91

Oct 16, 2009
Wrex in Mass effect (this one is self explanatory)

Dwayne in GTA4 (I would always choose playboy over Dwayne, because e just seemed like a tool in comparison to my man Dwayne)

Oh and in RTS's when I have one powerful unit that has been there for me the entire time I played that level I would always be cautious not to throw them away because if I did I would always feel bad :(. If it's a unit I would always try to spare at least one guy in the unit :).

JourneyThroughHell

Sep 21, 2009
HellbirdIV said:
Journeythroughhell said:
It doesn't feel right killing those guys. Especially at one exact moment where you
rappel down to do a knife kill and the dying guy looks at you with the knife in his chest
Being European I actually love that mission because it sticks it to the bastards of the American military (That is, the particular people in the American military that -are- bastards, not that all members of the American military are bastards.), especially Shepherd and all of his Shadow Company troops. Fuck 'em all for betraying TF-141!
Aah, I don't particularly hate all of the Shadow Company guys in the same way people do not hate regular german WW2 soliders.
They're just soldiers and that truly looked horrible.
Also, Shephards motivations are understandable if horrible and inhumane.

Pete Oddly

Nov 19, 2009
Classic: Watching Magus kill Cyrus in front of Glenn in Chrono Trigger.

Recent: Seeing Ophelia get her heart ripped out by Doviculus in Brutal Legend.

I wish I could inb4 Aerith, but I'll bet tons of people thought of her first when you posed this question.

Captain Schpack

Apr 22, 2009
schwetty balzac said:
Recent: Seeing Ophelia get her heart ripped out by Doviculus in Brutal Legend.
f****ck. Use the spoiler bars man, Damn i was going to play that game.

jk jk

I mourned the loss of Vic, Sarge (not actually sure if he died), and Brooklyn from Call of Duty 2: Big Red One. Also, ghost, gaz, griggs, roach and anyone else i forget from call of duty 4 or MW2

For Vic i actually cried. However, for Sarge and Brooklyn i just went on angry rampage and f*cked up those nazi bastards.

PAGEToap44

Jul 16, 2008
When playing Halo 3 co-op my friend filled a Marine's face with Spiker ammo. I don't take kindly to friendly fire. I stuck the betrayer with a grenade and promptly commited suicide by running off a cliff like a lemming.

EDIT: When playing through Fallout 3 a second time I decided to gain Bad Karma. I struggled when it come to the desruction of Megaton. I was practically weeping when I pulled the lever.

Pete Oddly

Nov 19, 2009
Whoops. New to the forums I am, and not aware of the spoiler bars was I.

I apologize for that, and the bad Yoda impression.

Joshimodo

Sep 13, 2008
The Golden Sun said:
Gyrefalcon said:
The vampire in the Dark Brotherhood missions in Oblivion was like one of the ONLY characters that consistently had something nice to say. I couldn't bring myself to do in one of the only people that didn't greet me cheerfully in one sentence and curse me for smelling of death in the next.
YES! He was so nice...for an assassin...Also the Sherrif in Fallout 3, but I didn't kill him, I just had to watch him get murdered before my eyes, totally powerless to help him...
You know you can save him, right?

For me, I'd have to say either Greta in Fallout 3 (not because of her, but because Carol gets depressed afterwards. One of the few games where there's an outside consequence to your free will), and Lucien LaChance in Oblivion. I mourned him, he was an interesting character.

I'd have to say I felt some remorse for killing Saren in Mass Effect (well, causing him to be an hero). He was just a tainted guy who had become a puppet. Didn't feel bad about killing his possessed form, though.

credop

Oct 8, 2008
Mr Saturn, WHY SUPER SMASH BROS, WHY WOULD YOU MAKE HIM GO OFF THE CLIFF!!

Mirrored Jigsaw

Feb 25, 2009
Herbert "Daring" Dashwood of Fallout 3. I heard his stories on Galaxy News Radio even as I killed him. I was going goody-two-shoes, and when I got the Lawbringer perk, I had to test out Tenpenny Towers. While I was there, I discovered that killing the guards gave you fingers to turn in for the quest, so I killed every guard there. Dashwood attacked me too, and I had no choice. I'm so sorry.

Grayjack

Jan 22, 2009
Anyone in Assassins Creed and GTA4. I hate how they lie on the ground, screaming in pain.

ArcWinter

May 9, 2009
BestJaxx said:
Herbert "Daring" Dashwood of Fallout 3. I heard his stories on Galaxy News Radio even as I killed him. I was going goody-two-shoes, and when I got the Lawbringer perk, I had to test out Tenpenny Towers. While I was there, I discovered that killing the guards gave you fingers to turn in for the quest, so I killed every guard there. Dashwood attacked me too, and I had no choice. I'm so sorry.
I completely agree.

Also, Dukov made me laugh, so You Gotta Shoot Em In The Head quest made me sad.

BlindMessiah94

The 94th Blind Messiah
Nov 12, 2009
Some people here need to read the OP and also wikipedia the term "NPC". But for me, I'd have to agree with either Cyrus from CT or
Schala
from same game.

Ekonk

Apr 21, 2009
The Companion Cube.

I still cry myself to sleep about this horrible thing I've done.

Leftnt Sharpe

Nick Furry
Apr 2, 2009
Duncan from Dragon Age. Even though it is blatantly obvious early on that he plays the Obi-Wan esque old man mentor figure who you must avenge. Bioware just did that cut-scene so well that it tugged on my heartstrings a little.