NPC you couldn't bring yourself to kill or mourned the death of

Piphchan

Aug 20, 2008
The Boss in MGS3. I didn't want to kill her, she was so awesome! I pushed the button, weeping... :***(

Jerich0

Aug 11, 2009
Agayek said:
Aeris.

If I need to explain what game or why, you obviously know nothing about video games.

Amnestic said:
I will always mourn Captain Emmy Malin [http://www.wowwiki.com/Emmy_Malin]

I felt like such a cockbag for killing her.
It's unfortunate Malin isn't as awesome is Captain Placeholder was.
oh, i was just waiting for someone to mention this.

OP: probably the adoring fan from oblivion. i couldnt kill him. not through lack of trying, mind you, he kept respawning!

TheZapper

Jul 11, 2009
Like many others, I felt bad when I killed Dwayne in GTA 4. Silly me trying to shoot him with a pistol entered execution mode, which made it even worse, watching as you put the gun to the back of his head slowy pull the trigger.

BenzSmoke

Nov 1, 2009
The end of Half-life 2 Episode 2
When Eli Vance was killed by the Advisor.
I actually felt tears come to my eye.

Biek

Mar 5, 2008
Biorr. I was so worried when he was holding off the dragon so I could face King Allant. Alas, he kicked my ass but when I returned to the Nexus Biorr was right there!

I'd have hugged him if I could.

Aug 17, 2009
Well, it isn't killing, but I didn't like having to actually push Mr. Kennedy into Maria in WWE Smackdown! vs Raw this year. I watch enough wrestling to know that the scene would end that way, so I wanted to just have a normal match.

For actual deaths, I'd say:

-Any character in Fire Emblem, because them niggas 'aint comin' back.

-Sarah Pa- I mean Moira in Fallout 3 because she was a glowstick in the Plexiglas coffin that is Megaton

-Wrex in Mass Effect. I actually reloaded three times to get a path that doesn't have him die (I hadn't focused on Speechcraft)

-All four of the main Bosses in Bioshock (The Surgeon, Atlas, Ryan, and Cohen) because none of them were that bad. The Surgeon was just strung-out, Cohen because had gone stir-crazy, Atlas because with him dead there was nobody left to rebuild Rapture, and Ryan because his intentions were noble, and the Player Character brained him with a golf club. Seriously dude? You have all those guns (up your ass, of course), and you kill him with a golf club?

-And there have been plenty of NPCs that didn't really deserve to die in my years gaming, but they generally were forgettable enough to not be a problem.

TheLastCylon

Apr 14, 2009
KAPTAINmORGANnWo4life said:
and Ryan because his intentions were noble, and the Player Character brained him with a golf club. Seriously dude? You have all those guns (up your ass, of course), and you kill him with a golf club?
It's not like the PC had any choice. Ryan made the PC kill him with a golf club

DuplicateValue

Jun 25, 2009
Does anyone remember the old lady in the Dark Brotherhood quest in oblivion? You know, the one where you have to kill off everyone in the house without them noticing? Yeah, her.

Similarly, the quest where you have to kill an old lady in her house, take her shopping list and track down and kill all her relatives. I felt like such an asshole.

Aug 17, 2009
Fanusc101 said:
KAPTAINmORGANnWo4life said:
and Ryan because his intentions were noble, and the Player Character brained him with a golf club. Seriously dude? You have all those guns (up your ass, of course), and you kill him with a golf club?
It's not like the PC had any choice. Ryan made the PC kill him with a golf club

Well yeah, but I still had pity on him, especially after the second swing.

p3t3r

Apr 16, 2009
patsburg said:
ghost and roach in mw2
seconded i was so pissed of when they died i was just like. "***** no you didn't". especially after i spent the game showing me friend how much of a badass ghost was. he had a skull mask and every thing. also i was pissed when zero died to.

Spiner909

Dec 3, 2009
Most characters in Fallout 3.
At first, marines in Halo 2 (I grew not to care)
And any allies in any Call of Duty.

hopeneverdies

Oct 1, 2008
The last German soldier at the end of the second to last level in Medal of Honor: Frontline. You heard him radioing his wife, telling her that he loves her, misses her, and that the war will be over soon.
Thankfully, I still got the gold rank for that mission. (95+% enemies killed, end the level with 75+% health.)