Old Games you remember playing but can't remember the name of.

Crazie_Guy

Mar 8, 2009
ah man, I have been trying to remember this one forever. It was an old PC game. I remember my aunt had to start it up for me through DOS. You controlled a little space ship, top-down view. The game world was quite large, you could fly around, gather equipment like cloaking devices. It was quite sophisticated. I kept getting blown up by npc ships though...

shadowsoul222

Jun 6, 2010
i have one that me and my brother played a demo of once in like a Wal-Mart or something. All I remember is that it was on the PSX (or possibly PS2 but i don't think it was), it was a sidescrolling action rpg game and you chose either a guy or a girl and they each had different weapons and abilities. I remember the guy (who was the only one a chose) and he could like, capture the essence of the enemies and transform into them. and i believe he had like...a staff or chakram for a weapon. oh and it was in a jungle/forest. i've been searching for this game like forever because i remember i loved it so much.

Pandwanda

Aug 25, 2010
I remember this one marble game that was on the school computers a few years back. basically you have a huge system of switches and metal railings that the marbles would slide down along and you had different goals, like line up the marbles in this sequence of colours or just get all the marbles to the bottom. Almost everything in the game was gold, brown or silver except for the marbles which were a whole bunch of colours depending on teh level. Hope someone can help me find it, it was really fun, haha

Salem_Wolf

Jul 9, 2009
Well, this thread seems inactive but I remembered a game I couldn't recall the name of. Here goes!

It was included on this CD back in the 90s of like 100+ (maybe 250?) computer games and featured you landing on various planets with different gravity that would pull you down. At the time I loved the physics of the game, you could run out of fuel and crash or land too hard and crash and there were different levels of gravity from Moon, to Earth, Mars, Jupiter, at least as far as I can remember.

It was a moon landing game, essentially: simple but amazingly fun. If you could help me find it my eternal gratitude lies in the hands of the one who can. :D

Edit: My first Escapist post of 2011. Gonna shoot for my Neo badge. Or is it Morpheus? The badge with 1000 posts without a warning or probation!

Edit 2.0: I remember, too, it had pretty decent graphics so it was definitely a 90s game, not an 80s. I just found Lunar Lander and thaaaat's not it. Though maybe it was a port...possible.

Edit 3.0: Hm. Thrust seems accurate but not quite it, too many elements. My game was kind of simple.

Popadoo

May 17, 2010
THANK GOD I FOUND THIS THREAD! This game has been killing me for months!! It's a puzzle platformer, with some enemies involved. Two of the main aspects I can remember is you had some sort of hook arm thing, and when you got killed by the crusher things on the platforming sections, you got put in a tin of tuna... or something like that! Please help me!!

toniboni5

Jan 10, 2011
Seems that this thread is inactive but I really cant remember one game which me and my dad played. It was a bit old racing game. The quality was blurry. So, you pick a car, the race starts and there were some random put rockets and shields. You pick them and you can activate them by pressing a key. The rocket was red and the shield was green. I think there were some oil spills on the track but I'm not sure. The objective is to win by overtaking the other cars or shooting them. If anyone figures it out I'll be very greatful of them.

kakaomasse

Jan 27, 2010
there is one game i still cant find tho i did search for it...
it was an fps, playing as a guy, you could go down to the metro, shoot women, go to the WC, shoot hobos...it was a DOS game, thats for sure, and some people said it might have been Duke Nukem, but I checked...im not sure. resembled, but was not the same.

mechazeep

Aug 31, 2008
I remember this old Nintendo 64 game I rented a lot back in the 90's. It was this game where you controlled a minature helicopter in a back yard setting. The first level (what I remembered most) was a patio, with rain pooring. I forgot what you objectie was..I'm pretty sure to rescue some wax soldiers but I wass young so I remember little.
Anyone know what I'm talking about? Pleasse! This has been bugging me forever!

saraafiafi

Jan 16, 2011
can any1 plz tell me the name of the game

there are two monkeys in the game and you can play by them turn by turn,first of all they get into the cave to buy a big boat after that they able to get onto the other nearby island.
all i remember that one monkey was fat and the other 1 was small,i played this game nine years back plz if any one knows about it do tell me plz.

migo

Jun 27, 2010
That sounds like some sort of Donkey Kong game...

Here's mine. Sometime before Kingpin: Life of Crime came out there was an RTS Chicago crime game where you play the mob, go around pressuring shops to get protection, stuff like that. I only played the demo, can't remember the name.

FireCoroner

Jun 28, 2010
Peabob said:
For the Megadrive (genesis). It was basically Contra but you played as 1 of 4 Robots.
I'm fairly sure that was the European version of Contra: Hard Corps.
They changed it because of the german "harmful to minors act" which meant videogames could not be released if they portrayed humans killing each other.
The same was true for the original Turok where all human enemies were changed into robots in the German version and there was an oughtright ban on Goldeneye because of the "bloody content".

FireCoroner

Jun 28, 2010
shadowsoul222 said:
i have one that me and my brother played a demo of once in like a Wal-Mart or something. All I remember is that it was on the PSX (or possibly PS2 but i don't think it was), it was a sidescrolling action rpg game and you chose either a guy or a girl and they each had different weapons and abilities. I remember the guy (who was the only one a chose) and he could like, capture the essence of the enemies and transform into them. and i believe he had like...a staff or chakram for a weapon. oh and it was in a jungle/forest. i've been searching for this game like forever because i remember i loved it so much.
PANDEMONIUM!

BanthaFodder

Jan 17, 2011
Alright, I want to know the name of this game SO BADLY, I created an Escapist account for this exact purpose... Okay, I used to play this game on my friend's Dreamcast. All I remember was that the title was "Something Something Olympics" (I think) and you could choose from a series of wacky animals to compete in different races (sliding, running, and swimming). I remember there was this turquoise guy with a pilot's cap on the cover (statue of liberty green, either a frog or a penguin, we were never sure). There was an orange dog in a purple top hat with a tattoo of bones on his back (I believe his name was Mr. Bones), there was some kinda pink, big lipped thing with a bow... I think it was an octopus, but I could be wrong. There was the aformentioned frog/penguin, and there was also this totally badass purple shark with yellow eyes and red scars. It was a wierd ass game and the running was toal shit, but the other parts were SO FUN.

shadowsoul222

Jun 6, 2010
FireCoroner said:
shadowsoul222 said:
DUDE!! that's totally it! oh my gosh I've been looking forever for this game haha
PANDEMONIUM!

FireCoroner

Jun 28, 2010
shadowsoul222 said:
FireCoroner said:
shadowsoul222 said:
DUDE!! that's totally it! oh my gosh I've been looking forever for this game haha
PANDEMONIUM!
Not a bother! The reason I remembered is because I started using the word "Pandemonium" in conversation after hearing the title. Try it. It sounds better than "Madness" or "Mayhem".
Very Classy
Feck! That was FOURTEEN years ago! I feel OLD!

MaxP779

Jan 21, 2011
There was this game that i played on windows 3.1, im 75% sure it was called "ball" but that turns up nothing in google so im probably wrong. You play as a ball though, trying to get through obstacles etc, im pretty sure it was a bit of a puzzle game, very colorful, overhead isometric view. It wasent marble madness, it looked way better than that.

I have no idea what this was, it was on my first comp which was a 2nd hand 486sx bought from some guy, it came with simcity 2000 installed and this "ball" game. It was really fun until i screwed up the computer and broke it lol.

saraafiafi

Jan 16, 2011
plz frnds help me
can any1 plz tell me the name of the game

there are two monkeys in the game and you can play by them turn by turn,first of all they get into the cave to buy a big boat after that they able to get onto the other nearby island.
all i remember that one monkey was fat and the other 1 was small,i played this game nine years back plz if any one knows about it do tell me plz.