Old Games you remember playing but can't remember the name of.

GiantRaven

Dec 5, 2010
migo said:
Here's mine. Sometime before Kingpin: Life of Crime came out there was an RTS Chicago crime game where you play the mob, go around pressuring shops to get protection, stuff like that. I only played the demo, can't remember the name.

migo

Jun 27, 2010
The Gansters graphics look familiar. I'll take a look at it more closely to see if it's it. There was this line "Sure, I could use protection" that was always spoken whenever a shopkeeper gave in.

VanityGirl

Apr 29, 2009
I just rediscovered the game I had long forgotten.

I used to have a ball with this game. I played it for HOURS and HOURS at a time.

grubbstar999

Jan 24, 2011
this has been killing me.... i remember a game i used to play on either the Amiga or my first ever PC (a Time PC!).
it was a smallish map, really dark, and you controlled a Knight who'd go round pretty much jsut opening and unlocking doors. you'd pick up weapons along the way and then zombies would come out to be killed too.

it was 2 player, one person would use ASDWX keys and one would use the arrows on the right of the keyboard. anyone know what the name of this was?!

Metsox

Jan 24, 2011
Glad i found this thread. I have been trying to remember a game I used to play back in the Nineties. It was a space mining game. The basic screen was just a bunch of different planets that you produced ore from. Just a screen filled with different planets. Some were bigger than others. (i.e. more productive I can't remember much else. Anyway, if anyone could jog my memory I would be really appreciative.

CheesusCrust

Sep 24, 2009
A 2D side scrolling platformer where you play as a small creature that throws water ballons/balls/bubbles at enemies and use them to solve puzzles and stuff. I've searched for any information on the game and I created a thread dedicated to figuring out what it was but to no avail. I'm not sure it really existed at all. Maybe it was a vision from God and I'm supposed to design it?

Inochea

Feb 11, 2011
PLEASE HELP ME FIND THE TITLE OF AN OLD GAME!!!!
I'm looking for an old game I used to play in an old MAC. basically it is a puzzle game about a BLACK BALL you would control with the mouse and the goal was to hit the ball against some certain cube (or cubes) which would activate in order to pass to the next level (the game had many levels each of greater difficulty). Of course there where all sorts of obstacles. It has to be from the early 90's (along with this game the computer had Prince of Persia II and lemmings). That's basically it, please I would apreciate any help!

waxly

Feb 19, 2011
Created an account just for this one...

Daedalus1942 said:
Tiny116 said:
StriderShinryu said:
Tiny116 said:
2 games
1 is an old rts with different races that was cool (sorry can't really elaborate on it more)
2 IS a battle driving game. Think Death race meets Wipeout and unreal tournament, winner gets out of death row. Lots of cool arena and weapons, no idea what happened to it though.
1.) Dune? They weren't different races though so maybe not.
2.) Twisted Metal? Twisted Metal:Black was the one with the get off death row storyline from what I recall, but the series has been around since the early PS1 era.
No
for the second one the convicts were always in their respective pod/cars lots of weapon upgrades as you drive around and it was PC
Sounds like Carmageddon.
Sounds like DeathDrome ;)

I had it on a demo disk yeeeeeears back, and could never remember the name of it. Ended up googling:
game death penalty arena motorbike old game -flash
which gave me this thread, and I had a brainwave and switched "arena" out for stadium. Then I remembered that there were actually different areas you could travel between, so I tried "dome" and in a last ditch effort tried "drome".

It took me all day, but I found it. Your game was DeathDrome.

Kenny Doyle

Jun 4, 2008
I've been looking everywhere for a certain PS1 game, it was some kinda puzzle, platform, RPG-like thing. You were some guy and you were on an island and your task was just to simply "Get back here before sunset". Although this wasn't the full version of the game, it was on a UK Playstation magazine demo disk, all I remember doing is trying to run from these blob-type monsters that had spikes come out of them to attack you. I don't remember ever completing the demo, although the game has been in my mind from time to time.

There was another where it was like grid that changed colour and you were some dude that shot stuff and the enemies grew in waves and had really good music to it.

I'm asking for two things here;
for someone to perhaps give me an answer to at least one of the above games, and if anyone else has a game they enjoyed but don't remember the name of?

eclipsed_chemistry

Dec 9, 2009
Could you be more specific on the second game you want to know about? Unfortunately, "dude that shot stuff" could be applied to almost every game out there, you know? As for the first one, it doesn't sound familiar at all, sorry to say.

Jamash

Top Todger
Jun 25, 2008
Kenny Doyle said:
There was another where it was like grid that changed colour and you were some dude that shot stuff and the enemies grew in waves and had really good music to it.
Despite it being a PS2 game, you could be describing Rez... in that game you're a dude that shoots stuff, with waves of enemies, plus it has really good music.

However, "really good music" is subjective and the rest of the description is vague enough to cover most video games, so you'll probably have to give more details if you can.

Kenny Doyle

Jun 4, 2008
Jamash said:
Kenny Doyle said:
Despite it being a PS2 game, you could be describing Rez... in that game you're a dude that shoots stuff, with waves of enemies, plus it has really good music.

However, "really good music" is subjective and the rest of the description is vague enough to cover most video games, so you'll probably have to give more details if you can.
Sorry if it's so vague but it's all I remember from it. It did look kinda what Rez did, although it was an aerial view, each little robot enemy did something different and were all uniquely designed with each wave. I forgot what kind of person you played as, like some small character in a TRON-like outfit.

Jamash

Top Todger
Jun 25, 2008
Kenny Doyle said:
Jamash said:
Kenny Doyle said:

Sorry if it's so vague but it's all I remember from it. It did look kinda what Rez did, although it was an aerial view, each little robot enemy did something different and were all uniquely designed with each wave. I forgot what kind of person you played as, like some small character in a TRON-like outfit.
You should browse through this list of PS1 games:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_PlayStation_1_games

and cross reference it with Mobygames' PS1 section:

http://www.mobygames.com/browse/games/playstation/

and if you think you see a description that's familiar, then search Youtube for a video.

For example, from the description you gave and from using Mobygames, I think it might be Blast Radius, and a quick Youtube search reveals a game play video, on an actual PS1 UK demo channel:

Even if that's not the game, have a look through the other videos and you may see something you recognise.

SuperNovaGoPop

Oct 26, 2009
I remember this game on the old Apple computers at the Boy's and Girl's club (make your jokes if you must, I would too). It was basically a sidescrolling MDK. It had a character that looked similar in profile to the main guy of MDK (that weird helmet o-o;). The first level had these cat-like robots that attacked in huge swarms. It was anywhere from 2001-2003 if that helps.

Sundayboy

Mar 2, 2011
This will probably be one of the most vaguest descriptions ever, but it is all I can remember after racking my brains for years.

The game I am seeking is for the Playstation 1. I remember hiring if from Blockbuster roughly circa late 1990's and I am sure it had a Japanese type namebut not 100% sure of this. All I rememeber is that the main playable character is white I think (either some kind of animal or human ...not sure).

I know it has something to do with the characters father or grandfather going missing/died/or send into another dimension. the character has some kind of amulet either a brooch or a ring with a stone on it. I am sure the aim of the game is to reunite the character with his lost family member using the amulet.

I remember finding the ending quite emotional at the time and left me thinking there might be a sequal or maybe I just got a bad ending and the magic/power did not work and you were still left alone at the end!

I know this is really vague but somebody must be able to help and rememeber something :)

Solo-Wing

Wanna have a bad time?
Dec 15, 2010
Daedalus1942 said:
troyrich said:
I was thinking eariler about all the games i used to play and one came to mind that i used to love, but i cannot for the life of me remember what it was so I wondered if anyone else gets this same memory issue and who knows Might end up finding some classics we forgot long ago.

My one is a PC game It was a car game of sorts driving around and arena leaving a coloured trail behind you and you killed other players by getting them to drive into the trail you leave behind. I think the cars and arena were mostly black (or at least the version i had was) and the trail and 'walls' coming from the cars were really bring colours depending on team etc. Like red, orange, green, blue.

Well there you go, What games have you forgotten, Hopefully we can rediscover old games we thought long lost!
The game you're describing sounds like Tron, but I doubt that's what it is.
OMFG That is LightBikes. They got the idea for LightBikes from the original Tron movie.

Jelly ^.^

Mar 11, 2010
Okay, this is going to be a really off-the-wall one, but back in primary school we played a game where you had to race against an opponent, but by gathering parts in a sort of sidescrolling game with puzzles on like, magnetism and stuff. This was when the computers had windows 95 and 98.

Also, does anyone have a link to the Maths Circus games from that time period? I'd really like to play the second one and get past that fucking monster bastard on Expert using the wizard etc.

Thanks guys.

Jelly ^.^

Mar 11, 2010
saraafiafi said:
can any1 plz tell me the name of the game

there are two monkeys in the game and you can play by them turn by turn,first of all they get into the cave to buy a big boat after that they able to get onto the other nearby island.
all i remember that one monkey was fat and the other 1 was small,i played this game nine years back plz if any one knows about it do tell me plz.
Quite possibly Donkey Kong Country 3.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donkey_Kong_Country_3:_Dixie_Kong%27s_Double_Trouble!

BeanDelphiki

Feb 1, 2011
toniboni5 said:
Seems that this thread is inactive but I really cant remember one game which me and my dad played. It was a bit old racing game. The quality was blurry. So, you pick a car, the race starts and there were some random put rockets and shields. You pick them and you can activate them by pressing a key. The rocket was red and the shield was green. I think there were some oil spills on the track but I'm not sure. The objective is to win by overtaking the other cars or shooting them. If anyone figures it out I'll be very greatful of them.
Were there drivers for the cars that were animals? Like a polar bear, a moose (I think), a tiger, etc.? And it was a PC game?

If so, I might know it - but I'd have to ask my sister for the game's name and get back to you (she'll remember, I don't). If not, sorry I can't help.

Okay, here's basically the only game from my childhood I haven't tracked down yet. It's a PC game...I think I played it when I was 10, so maybe 16 years old? Might not be quite that old, but around that time frame. It was what you'd call a point-and-click, I guess. It had this rather melodramatic opening about how your character (a little boy) suddenly fell ill or wouldn't wake up or something. Like maybe he was in a coma? And someone (I think a shrink?) said that you/the boy are trapped in your dream world. (This opening was all in text, mind you.)

So when you start playing...everything has this weird, dream-like illogic to it. You start off facing a bar, I think. Typical of point-and-click games, you have to find objects that can be used in certain ways...generally strangely. There was a dock, and I think you found a dead fish there. Pretty sure you found a key in the bar...but it didn't open any doors. There was a sewer you could get down into by greasing a grating with something unusual...I think there was a strange character down there. Everything has this sense of something ominous about to happen.

The last screen I can recall getting to is the edge of this canyon...but there's no way across. At the edge there is a strange plant or flower, and you are clearly supposed to do something to it, but I could never figure out what. Possibly because it was just a demo.

If you recognise this, please help!

unreal91

Mar 11, 2011
Please Help me. i've been going crazy the past couple of days trying to figure out these 2 very old games that me and my brother used to play a very long time ago. I'm pretty sure it was for one of the old nintendo systems like nes or snes im not completely sure tho. Anyways i'll do my best there is 2 of them.

They are both 2 player game's. The main one was this co-op game where if i remember right you were cavemen or something and i remember beating the crap out of whatever it was you had to fight with a bone or club of some sort. i really don't remember much about this as it was around 12 years ago and i was like 7 years old. All i know is we played it all the time and it would be cool to be able to hook that up and play through a few levels with em. ]]Edit]] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyIpV527P5A [[Edit]]

Second game. It was this war like game. this could have been for one of the nintendo systems or even psx or sega im pretty sure it wasnt the psx but i wouldn't throw it out of discussion because i can't be to sure. just like the other game i don't remember enough to give to much detail but Basically i always played against my bro I'm pretty sure it was turn based and every map had a middle divider it it kind of reminds me of worms in a way but you were army soilders and it looked kind of cartoony. You picked you people before the round starts and then take turns blasting people away pretty much from bazooka to whatever. like i said... seems alot like worms but it most def. was not.

Sorry for the vague details. Thanks in advance for any help =)

[[[[EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT READ PLEASE]]] I just remembered the first game no help needed on that. it was called Caveman ninja or ummm "Joe & Mac" fun game tho >=)