Old Games you remember playing but can't remember the name of.

zion_jah

Nov 25, 2016
Ok. I've just registered for this post. My memory is kinda blurry and I didn't thought about these 2 games for years (was trying to find them but no luck), and they came to my mind few minutes ago again. Can't stand this anymore, so here it is:

- FPS
- Your character is on some kind of graveyard
- Enemies showing themselves behind tombstones (their heads sticking out, one by one) and shoot at you.
- 1995-2000 aproxx

Dunno if it was just 1 level of a demo game. But remember playing it as a kid once, and never saw it again.

- FPS (as i recall)
- Wandering through city, killing aliens
- Aliens were suited up, and they had humanish figure (if i'm right)
- 1996-2002

And for third, I think it have something to do with the first game, but not sure. Guess I've played it both at same time that year..
It was basic target shooting game. To see how good is your aim or smth. I think icon of the .exe file was red target. And game was called "top shot", "top gun" or smth like that...

Well, it's a long shot for these games to be found. Sorry for poorly analysis guys.. It was many many years ago and as i said before - memory is too blury.
Anyway, thanks in advance, if someone is willing to search for them.

Awags0218

Nov 25, 2016
Alright, here's a game that was either on the Ps1 or Ps2. You played as a small knight character in an open world setting. There was a broken bridge you couldn't cross. And a dragon boss battle were you vs the dragon in his lair that is circular in design with a hill like structure. You also visit a pub of some sort full of anthropomorphic creatures. The bar keep was an enemy creature that was not one of the bad creatures you face in the game. There was also a whale looking brute type of enemy. That's all I can remember.

Awags0218

Nov 25, 2016
zion_jah said:
Ok. I've just registered for this post. My memory is kinda blurry and I didn't thought about these 2 games for years (was trying to find them but no luck), and they came to my mind few minutes ago again. Can't stand this anymore, so here it is:

- FPS
- Your character is on some kind of graveyard
- Enemies showing themselves behind tombstones (their heads sticking out, one by one) and shoot at you.
- 1995-2000 aproxx

Dunno if it was just 1 level of a demo game. But remember playing it as a kid once, and never saw it again.

- FPS (as i recall)
- Wandering through city, killing aliens
- Aliens were suited up, and they had humanish figure (if i'm right)
- 1996-2002

Not sure about the first but the second sounds like Duke Nukem 3d (1996).

mrlofi

Nov 25, 2016
Used to play a game on my father's computer when I was young.
It's a 90's game, where you choose to play among three different characters. I remember a dwarf with a hammer.
You play the game through a bird view, but I think you controlled your character with WASD (not point and click).
All three characters had special abilities. I remember a level that took place in a sewer, where you had to fight rats (I think).

That's all I know.

Edit: I remember the art style as being gritty, and medieval.

Meximagician

Elite Member
Apr 5, 2014
Country
United States
Cecicela1 said:
I'm looking for an old playstation game (1 or 2), you had to be two players, and in the game, the two characters (I think they were bunnies or mice or some cute animal) would each have one side of the screen and have to get through the level by helping each other out. For example, one bunny could have a big pond in front of it - the other character had to push logs from its side into the pond so the other character could cross the pond. The levels are timed and both characters have to cross the finish line before time runs out to get to the next level (you can grab clocks along the way to gain more time).
Each main level had a theme (I most remember a "music" theme and a "winter/ice" theme) and after a number of sub-levels (i think maybe 4-5) you would have to beat a a big character together.
That would be The Adventures of Cookie & Cream for PS2.

Meximagician

Elite Member
Apr 5, 2014
Country
United States
zion_jah said:
It was basic target shooting game. To see how good is your aim or smth. I think icon of the .exe file was red target. And game was called "top shot", "top gun" or smth like that...
That would be Remington Top Shot: Interactive Target Shooting. Taking a machine gun to go varmint hunting was good for a laugh, even if the 'varmints' were just a bunch of cardboard silhouettes.

Awags0218

Nov 25, 2016
mrlofi said:
Used to play a game on my father's computer when I was young.
It's a 90's game, where you choose to play among three different characters. I remember a dwarf with a hammer.
You play the game through a bird view, but I think you controlled your character with WASD (not point and click).
All three characters had special abilities. I remember a level that took place in a sewer, where you had to fight rats (I think).

That's all I know.

Edit: I remember the art style as being gritty, and medieval.

If you could compare the graphics of the game you cant remember to another game, what would it look like?

rodrigoclacome

Nov 25, 2016
So my friend wants to know the name of this game that we used to play really bad. I do not remember the name either but it was a 2D game of some kind of race of floating skateboards, you could join rooms and play against other players, it was an online game.
The year I can't really remember but it has to be between 2005-2007. If someone remembers the game please let me know we'd really appreciate it!!

Demons

Nov 26, 2016
So I had this game on, I think PS1, that I can never remember the name of.... I guess a part of the game was sort of like Carmageddon, you could drive around and run over things, I remember running cows over, but you could also go into places in a first person shooter mode to do missions and kill people with guns.... I really loved this game but could never remember it's name, a few years ago I found it but lost it again. I'd love to play this game again!

I also can't find this PS2 game, I used to own it but sold it/lost it/broke it, it was a destruction derby/race game/time challenge etc with free roam, you chose 1 car at the start to use, then you would do races, demo derby, etc to earn money to buy new cars, upgrades etc. The upgrade shop you had to drive to to buy the stuff and cars. I strongly remember this song playing https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DA2wjmB91ws I think the cover had an orange car on it, but I believe the game had 2 names...

EDIT - AHA! I found the second one, it's called Driven to Destruction, or Test Drive: Eve of Destruction. Great game!

Ber

Nov 25, 2016
I have a vague memory of a game I played when I were young.
I think it was on ms dos.
It was in the desert/western/saloon and I am not sure, but there were something with snakes and maybe shooting. It was a simple looking game.

zion_jah

Nov 25, 2016
RelativityMan said:
zion_jah said:
That would be Remington Top Shot: Interactive Target Shooting. Taking a machine gun to go varmint hunting was good for a laugh, even if the 'varmints' were just a bunch of cardboard silhouettes.
Haha, thanks very much man. You revived my childhood for a minute there.

You don't know anything about first game tho? Cause it's the one that's bugging me, not for years, but for decades now... If I could just play it one more time, f**k.

Well, thx again!

Padwolf

Sep 2, 2010
Nevermind, I found it, it's Digital, A Love Story.

I don't think it's an old game, but it's a PC game. It's a downloadable free game where you are in control of an old computer, it even has the old dial up tone to get onto the internet on it. You click to post on some forums and befriend people, and then you get friendly with some girl and then all of a sudden she goes missing and you have to go around different websites she hung around on to find her. I cannot remember the name of it, but it was brilliant. Again I don't think it's very old though

revajera

Jan 16, 2016
Strategy PC game, that you had to run off the CD every time (so somewhat old). I got my hands on it around 2003.
The whole point of the game was to achieve victory in the part of the map that you were currently on, and when you'd done that you could proceed to the next one with your primary hero.
But basically you stuck around and helped build your city, all the while having to take care of fending off threats (invisible bears in forests who'd kill your lumberjacks) or the enemy nations (?). Also, exploring -- you would find chests with stuff every once in a while.
Pretty sure you could choose from such nations as Poland or Russia. Or maybe it was a Polish game, i have no clue.

The suggestions I got so far: Heroes of Might and Magic V, Age of Empires II

Please confirm. I would be very grateful.

zion_jah

Nov 25, 2016
revajera said:
Strategy PC game, that you had to run off the CD every time (so somewhat old). I got my hands on it around 2003.
The whole point of the game was to achieve victory in the part of the map that you were currently on, and when you'd done that you could proceed to the next one with your primary hero.
But basically you stuck around and helped build your city, all the while having to take care of fending off threats (invisible bears in forests who'd kill your lumberjacks) or the enemy nations (?). Also, exploring -- you would find chests with stuff every once in a while.
Pretty sure you could choose from such nations as Poland or Russia. Or maybe it was a Polish game, i have no clue.

The suggestions I got so far: Heroes of Might and Magic V, Age of Empires II

Please confirm. I would be very grateful.
Cossacks!?

Andrei Daniel Oprea

Nov 27, 2016
Help me out guys if you know.I tried searching what i remember and nothing.
The game was played on an old console the ones which you put cassettes in,the cassette i stil have it with the game but probably got changed back than and not sure it has the exact cassette it was in.It says "Hell Boy" HI-GAME 1999-KT 2150.
The game had a guy who could shoot some balls in straight line and used a sword,at the end of the first lvl you battle 2 bosses 1 flied and 1 was on the ground.It looked like this the area:

___x
iiii]______Y_____P_[iiii

P=player x-little winger devil looking
Y-a bit bigger than player and it's an armored boss.
If anyone knows pls help,a link to a video or the game would be great.

nightglimmer

Sep 20, 2016
Reposting this, with a few clarifications.
Hello, I'm looking for the name to an old Apple II ? game (could have possibly been a commodore, but I don't think so). I've searched a number of titles with no luck. It was probably from late 1980s/early 90s. You go into an old Victorian house and there are these ghosts you need to help in order to leave the house. I know there is a plant named Clive or Victor (maybe Victor was the gardener) that you have to be careful doesn't wrap you up. Type commands, like [USE SCISSORS] in the greenhouse. There was a ghost baby, a ghost who laughs a lot maybe named Letitia? and I remember playing it on a green and black screen. It was a combo of text and basic pictures. it's driving me nuts. I swore it had something to do with manor or mansion, but all of the titles I've looked up don't seem to fit and I spent a couple hours on it--one lead I found was someone in 2005 asking about the same games, with no answer! Been bugging me for a couple of years.

It may even have been an educational game because I think I played it at school, in addition to another game I don't remember on the same system that had Greeks, medusa, a minotaur, icarus... If anyone knows that one too, I owe you a beer. They may have been on the same disc, but not necessarily.

Thanks!

Felstaff

Sep 19, 2011
nightglimmer said:
It was probably from late 1980s/early 90s. You go into an old Victorian house and there are these ghosts you need to help in order to leave the house. I know there is a plant named Clive or Victor (maybe Victor was the gardener) that you have to be careful doesn't wrap you up. Type commands, like [USE SCISSORS] in the greenhouse. There was a ghost baby, a ghost who laughs a lot maybe named Letitia? and I remember playing it on a green and black screen. It was a combo of text and basic pictures.
You probably already found Hi-Res Adventures; #1 Mystery House & #4 Ulysses in your searches, but if not: how close to these two would you say the games were?

casper.vdz

Nov 27, 2016
Hello. well then i think i have a challenge for you.

I played this game on pc during the mid-late 90s but the game could be older.
It is set in the dark ages with dragons, knights and talking trees i think.
I think you start of in a castle and have to get somethings for a dragon then the dragon lets you ride it during a animation, during the animation the dragon gets shotdown by 2~ dragons and you end up i a swamp/forrest and there you can find the talking tree.
It is a point and click 3D adventure game, non cartoony from what i remember.
First person picture by picture. open worldish but i dont know.
On the boxart there is a dragon with red eyes and the skin is black/blue.

Thanks!