Old Games you remember playing but can't remember the name of.

Burninator38

Nov 29, 2016
I wonder if anyone recalls this game.
What I remember clearly:
It was a PC game
I played it in the 90's
There were trains that shipped supplies.
These supplies would stack up in a storage area on the ground near your train stop.

What I don't remember as clearly:
if you placed the tracks or scheduled the trains
if you designated where the storage areas were
if cities built up around your train stops

bymka

Nov 29, 2016
Hello.I hope someone can help find dat game, because google cant =(

So its PC action hack-slash isometric(or top-down view) game like diablo or nox but no rpg system(not sure)
like there was a choice between the three characters.
Im remember the level of rats and final boss was GIANT(he was relly HUGE) rat king
and i played this game in 2001-2002 or so years

Thanks in advance

Zaltys

Apr 26, 2012
ncaldmt44 said:
I remember playing a game between 2000-2003. I think it was for PS2 and it was an RPG style game. I don't remember a whole lot, but I remember that it was set in a sort of medieval time. You would go around and collect characters for your army, dwarves, archers, knights, sprites, the occasional dragon etc... then you would battle people and different castles, and I think I remember having to have siege weapons. You could sail around, or walk or whatever else and you would find places that would have different characters say, 15 knights. When those characters were killed in battle they would not come back but you would have to go find more (started with 2 dragons, 1 died, left with 1 sort of deal). I also remember the dragons being red. I don't remember the point or the story of the game, sorry! Any suggestions on what this game could be?
That sounds a lot like the King's Bounty series, but most weren't released on PS2...

How about Heroes of Might and Magic: Quest for the DragonBone Staff?

sixdaysdrifting

Nov 29, 2016
Hello all gamers out there!

If you can figure this one out, I'll be happy! There was a pc game back in my youth in the 90s that I used to play at my local pc store. The graphics is very ps1 like, so it may have come out on ps1 but I don't know. I played it on a pc computer. It was a sort of arcadelike 3d shooter/adventure/platformer game. You move around in 3d space like Resident Evil. But the game was nothing like RE. So there was a fix camera (or it moved a little bit, but you couldn't move the camera like in mario64) and you could move around in different directions. I think the background was 2d though. I don't remember if you could jump. You played as guy (in polygon) that I think was chasing someone or something through different timeperiod worlds in different stages. You started like in a mayan world and met enemies. I don't remember if the guy you were playing had a yellow shirt or the enemies. You picked up powerballs (I think) on the way to power yourself. I think if you reached certain level you could shoot from your hands. You could pick up weapons from the enemies you beat. When you finished the first staged you jump through a portal and move on to a different world. One was an western cowboy stage. You had to use a pistol. That stage was kind of hard, for my age back then. I never finished the game, but I think there was a futuristic stage further on in the game also. I think that was the ending stage or something in those lines, where you would meet up with the guy you were chasing.
I don't remember, but I think there was a time limit and you could get a highscore. That was the arcadelike experience with the game.

Please, if someone knows don't hesitate to give an answer!

Nov 29, 2016
Hello there!

I've been trying to find this game for so long now, and i'd really appreciate if any of you can help me find this one out.
It's a pc game and to begin with you could start choosing between 4 witches (Fire, Water, Earth, Wind) they fly arround in their broom and the game itself had 4-5 gamemodes: dungeon(where you can play max to 4-6 players and the reward were elemental spirits), arena and others i don't remember. You had to farm many elementals spirits as the one you choose to lvl up your stuff. I think the NA server was Closed, but later i played it again on a chinese server with proxys. any idea what's it called?

ncaldmt44

Nov 28, 2016
Zaltys said:
ncaldmt44 said:
I remember playing a game between 2000-2003. I think it was for PS2 and it was an RPG style game. I don't remember a whole lot, but I remember that it was set in a sort of medieval time. You would go around and collect characters for your army, dwarves, archers, knights, sprites, the occasional dragon etc... then you would battle people and different castles,
Zaltys said:
ncaldmt44 said:
I remember playing a game between 2000-2003. I think it was for PS2 and it was an RPG style game. I don't remember a whole lot, but I remember that it was set in a sort of medieval time. You would go around and collect characters for your army, dwarves, archers, knights, sprites, the occasional dragon etc... then you would battle people and different castles, and I think I remember having to have siege weapons. You could sail around, or walk or whatever else and you would find places that would have different characters say, 15 knights. When those characters were killed in battle they would not come back but you would have to go find more (started with 2 dragons, 1 died, left with 1 sort of deal). I also remember the dragons being red. I don't remember the point or the story of the game, sorry! Any suggestions on what this game could be?
That sounds a lot like the King's Bounty series, but most weren't released on PS2...

How about Heroes of Might and Magic: Quest for the DragonBone Staff?
[/quote]

That is it, Thank you!

shadow252

Nov 28, 2015
KaiYLowell said:
shadow252 said:
shadow252 said:
I think the game I played when I was younger were played by me in 2003-2006 years.

It's a 2D game. Characters were very tiny and had big eyes if I'm not mistaken.

This was an building game. In this game you had to go underground to find some minerals like gold.

You could build some factories or something, houses and many other similar thing to speed up your work.

It had adventure elements like fighting some monsters(there were some big worms eating your people).

On starting screen there was an tower with sorcerer or dragon(I don't remember exactly :p).

It wasn't a game like Settlers, more like lemmings or something like that(2D and other stuff).

It probably had multiplayer. It looked like it was in middle age, but had balloons to fly in and windmills, I think so.

Of course it was a PC game.

I hope someone will know what game I mean. :)

Please, people of escapist forum. Please help me find this great game.
Hrmmmmmm. You're certain it's 2D? Because if not, this might be something to check out... http://www.mobygames.com/game/good-life
Unfortunately that's not it. I'm pretty sure the game I'm looking for is something like a side-scrolling game with strategy elements.

thedkm

Jul 24, 2014
sixdaysdrifting said:

If you can figure this one out, I'll be happy! There was a pc game back in my youth in the 90s that I used to play at my local pc store. The graphics is very ps1 like, so it may have come out on ps1 but I don't know. I played it on a pc computer. It was a sort of arcadelike 3d shooter/adventure/platformer game. You move around in 3d space like Resident Evil. But the game was nothing like RE. So there was a fix camera (or it moved a little bit, but you couldn't move the camera like in mario64) and you could move around in different directions. I think the background was 2d though. I don't remember if you could jump. You played as guy (in polygon) that I think was chasing someone or something through different timeperiod worlds in different stages. You started like in a mayan world and met enemies. I don't remember if the guy you were playing had a yellow shirt or the enemies. You picked up powerballs (I think) on the way to power yourself. I think if you reached certain level you could shoot from your hands. You could pick up weapons from the enemies you beat. When you finished the first staged you jump through a portal and move on to a different world. One was an western cowboy stage. You had to use a pistol. That stage was kind of hard, for my age back then. I never finished the game, but I think there was a futuristic stage further on in the game also. I think that was the ending stage or something in those lines, where you would meet up with the guy you were chasing.
I don't remember, but I think there was a time limit and you could get a highscore. That was the arcadelike experience with the game.

Time Commando

check this: https://youtu.be/acj1ewLSD9Y?t=5022

arose

Nov 30, 2016
This is a game I played as a kid in the early 2000s. I remember a tide pool and a game where there would be a hermit crab that would keep growing out of its shell. There was another game were you had to cut down trees and build a beaver dam. I'm not sure if these are the same game, but any information on either would be wonderful. I've been searching the internet for hours and have found nothing.

Mizorath

Nov 30, 2016
Okay, i give up, i tried searching but no matter which keywords i input, nothing comes up. You are my last hope guys. I remember playing this game around year 2004, could be a little bit later tho, it was puzzle game, where you were pushing blocks, squishing enemies with them and solving puzzles. I remember bit of the story, i think it was about guy who wanted to destroy your house so he kidnapped your wife. When you finished the game, he destroyed your house and you were sitting on the ruins with your wife or whoever that was and she was feeding you cereals. Also, you were playing as something that i would describe as "white head with big eyes and 2 feet". Every answer is appriciated guys.

Mizorath

Nov 30, 2016
Okay, i give up, i tried searching but no matter which keywords i input, nothing comes up. You are my last hope guys. I remember playing this game around year 2004, could be a little bit later tho, it was puzzle game, where you were pushing blocks, squishing enemies with them and solving puzzles. I remember bit of the story, i think it was about guy who wanted to destroy your house so he kidnapped your wife. When you finished the game, he destroyed your house and you were sitting on the ruins with your wife or whoever that was and she was feeding you cereals. Also, you were playing as something that i would describe as "white head with big eyes and 2 feet". Every answer is appriciated guys.

sixdaysdrifting

Nov 29, 2016
thedkm said:
sixdaysdrifting said:

Time Commando

check this: https://youtu.be/acj1ewLSD9Y?t=5022

YASSSS!!!! That's it! Thank you so much. I remembered the name was something with time, but I forgot to write it and it was the player you played with that had a yellow suit. Nice! Now I can finally sleep well! Thank you so much!

Manolis Mprotzakis

Nov 30, 2016
Hey guys!Can someone tell me a name of a game?It was an RPG,a Pixel one,you started naked i think...And had to kill crabs with a stick and then later you started killing skeletons and other things,it had bosses too....Please someone help me find this game,My childhood memories are in there!

Don V Anderson Jr.

Nov 30, 2016
Hello everyone.

I am not looking for a game not to try replay it. I am just curious of it's name. Pretty sure it is long since defunct.
I believe it was an online browser based game from 1998-2002 give or take. It so reminds me of "You don't know Jack" but that is not it. I cannot remember if the questions were audio or only text based.

It was a trivia based game. You were tiny little figures that had to ascend a stepped pyramid to win the game.
I believe it was up to 16 players and had a chat client built in to it.

My sister introduced me to playing it, but she has no clue...she denies even playing it lmfao.

Thanks for the help.

Lauren7227

Nov 30, 2016
Hi! I've been trying to remember this game my uncle had for ps1 where you play as a male ninja and go through four temples each designed with specific traps made from certain elements. I remember that the first temple you go through was an earth temple. The walls were made of stone and you had to avoid pillars that would smash you and pits filled with spikes. Then once you got to the end of the temple, you had to fight this giant rock monster. It was not susceptible to any attacks from the character, and in oder to defeat it, you had to press the switch on the wall and drop the overhead platform on the monster's head. Can anyone help me remember this game?

*EDIT* I found the game! I'm thinking of Mortal Kombat Mythologies: Sub Zero. Thanks for your help, guys!

OzHorde

Nov 30, 2016
Hello everyone. I have searched for what I can remember of this game to no avail. Hopefully someone remembers it:
- timeframe ~ 25-30 years ago
- probably commodore 64
- rpg / 3d dungeon / 2d overworld and town
I forget the goal of the game but I remember there was a person who would take various gems you found; amethyst sticks out in my memory.
In the dungeons, you could see monsters 4-5 squares away and they would have still frame images as they got closer. One I remember was a snake/dragon-like creature that hung from the ceiling - it's images would switch from left to right facing as it got closer.
What sticks out most in my memory was the confusion spell that would say 'you have been befuddled'.
One monster, a giant slime I think, could eat your armor. Another could break your weapon. So you carried multiples of each.
In the towns, you could rob the shopkeepers and the guards would come after you. If you had the bow and arrow, you could go on the other side of a wall and kill all the guards and they would just stand there and die. You could then rob all of the shops freely.
One of the first monsters you encounter was annoying at the end of the game because it took very little damage from most weapons - switching back to your original dagger did the most damage.
Very few weapons/armor/monsters - maybe 10 of each throughout the game.
That's about all I can recall. I know it sounds like it could be the template for many games but I have yet to find the one I remember. Thanks!

RobCarnage99

Nov 30, 2016
I played this game like 10 years ago on my computer. I played it on the cartoon network website(obviously i'ts gone now). In the game you had a birds-eye view of 4 robots that you controlled, you fought against 4 other robots with rockets and lasers I think. It was turn based and after you destroyed the other robots you moved on to another level and fought against 4 new, different colored robots. I think the robots you got to use were white? Please help. Thanks!

quest-ion

Nov 24, 2016
Racing game, 2000-2004, 3d, 3rd person, windows, every track is a loop
Cars: All cars were made from wrecking yard junk, so they are primarily rusty and brown
(one of the very first cars looked like rusted version of this https://i.imgur.com/GZ1B7Rm.png )
Locations: Junkyard, Ski Resort (you can hit skiers with you car), ...
(No, it isn't Carmageddon)

//Found, Speed Demons (1999)

Shakn Smann

Dec 1, 2016
Guys I need a help in a game i can't remember it's name
I remember that it took me more than a day to finish it like 12-13 years ago
The game is a shooter game where you fight against few types of Robots & Humans
I remember the humans were wearing a white suit and there was a Hard green robot
I also remember there was a ladder where you can climb to get to a roof of a building next to the place you spawn at
i used to try and destroy the helicopter despite being a little bit far but you could actually hit it
At the end after you destroyed all the humans and robots you will go to a room where there is somthing like a tunnel bridge and fight against the boss , an orange or yellow robot ( not sure the color ) and i think it can fire missiles towards you
when you kill it you will finish the game

I really would love to play this game again and finish it faster than it took me ...
Anyone knows the name ?