Old Games you remember playing but can't remember the name of.

sonofliber

Mar 8, 2010
Unforseen12 said:
Hi,
please help me remember this game I played 10 years ago. It was a RTS similar to C&C but the difference is the armies are robots. The game was in 2d and I believe it was released before 2001. I remember that there were red and purple armies (there are probably more colors not sure what they were). I looked the whole Internet and couldn't seem to find it. (not dark reign)
Z is the game tiy are looking for

Joey Ledbetter

Aug 31, 2012
There was this game i used to play a long time ago, maybe 8+ years. It was kind of mythological, you could choose between a few factions(or really leaders) there was like a fairy leader, an evil leader a good leader and a bunch of other. Now depending on which you picked it would place you on the map and you would be given a set amount of turns or moving spaces, etc. The combat was if you met the other faction youd go into a turn based combat mode and one thing you didnt want was for your leader to die, but you were trying to kill the other leaders. It was a real fun game, any ideas?

Unforseen12

Aug 30, 2012
sonofliber said:
Unforseen12 said:
Hi,
please help me remember this game I played 10 years ago. It was a RTS similar to C&C but the difference is the armies are robots. The game was in 2d and I believe it was released before 2001. I remember that there were red and purple armies (there are probably more colors not sure what they were). I looked the whole Internet and couldn't seem to find it. (not dark reign)
The units were bigger than that.
probably not Z.

hellhound432

Jul 31, 2012
Joey Ledbetter said:
There was this game i used to play a long time ago, maybe 8+ years. It was kind of mythological, you could choose between a few factions(or really leaders) there was like a fairy leader, an evil leader a good leader and a bunch of other. Now depending on which you picked it would place you on the map and you would be given a set amount of turns or moving spaces, etc. The combat was if you met the other faction youd go into a turn based combat mode and one thing you didnt want was for your leader to die, but you were trying to kill the other leaders. It was a real fun game, any ideas?
There are quite a few games that you could be referring to, how about Lords of Magic or Heroes of Might and Magic?

Klagermeister

Jun 13, 2008
I've been trying to remember the name of an old SNES game I played, so please help me out.

You played as some furry mammal (the type of mammal escapes me). I think it was wombat or something... Anyway, you looked like a superhero/ninja hybrid with the ability to spin violently by charging your attack button or dash at incredible speeds. Think Sonic the Hedgehog meets Aero the Acrobat.
The first level consisted of you infiltrating a flying vessel to destroy it.
The second level took place in a trash reclamation facility (The boss was the crusher).
The third level started with you riding a giant robotic ostrich that could shoot laser beams through a forest, then crashing on a giant train, and shortly after the train begins to flood and you need to escape the ensuing wall of water.

Please, people, this has been driving me crazy for years...
WHAT WAS THAT GAME!?!?

PRETTY sure it wasn't Zero the Kamikaze Squirrel.

EDIT: After painstaking searching on youtube, I have discovered it was Sparkster.
Now to find a cartridge of that game!

taryn1121

Aug 31, 2012
Hello... I have been trying to remember a game for years now... It is a PC game i used to play back in 1993/94. I don't remember too much about the game, so sorry for the vague description that follows... I do know that it was NOT a RPG... at least not what I classify an RPG to be... there are no characters to create. its probably a predecessor to Myst. its got the same feel and you never actually see yourself. first scene is a room, in an old cabin with a desk in the corner with objects lying on it. there's a fireplace to one side and a door in back that is locked. and a Table in the middle of the room, i think, with more objects lying on it. your cursor is a 'hand' and you use it pick up the objects and use them together to do something or create something to get further along in the game, i think your supposed to do something in the fireplace to create a potion or something and then you have to find a key somewhere in the room to open the door. There are several levels and puzzles to solve. There is another level later on where you are outside near the edge of a lake. with a boat and trees around and nets... There is an option at the bottom of the screen where you have a 'bag' where you can store certain items and take them with you to the next level or room. If someone can remember or knows of this game, PLEASE, reply. I would be so VERY grateful! THANKS!

BloodKing

Aug 31, 2012
I need some help honestly I don't if anyone will be able help this game is really old, maybe mid 90's or something like that, all I can remember is, you start of with one unit you find a base or something. I also remember the introduction being in a different language, you could play as to races both names I can't spell, I remember a red ball on the left side and blue of the right side; What I distinctly remember is building farmer/harvesters and them getting killed by enemies. It was probably in japan or china.

Unforseen12

Aug 30, 2012
Unforseen12 said:
sonofliber said:
Unforseen12 said:
Hi,
probably not Z.
I also remember a unit saying "oh shit!" when it gets destroyed.
Any help pleaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaase..!

Razaim

Aug 5, 2010
jonjst said:
A remember a game were there was three parts of the game were you had to play different characters. The first part you played as some sort of astronaut in a group with two others, the second part you played as a woman with magic powers and the third you played as a giant monster. It had comedy but mostly for the first part and it was usually banter between the group of astronauts. A remember a specific character called Timmy I think and he was killed by a strange creature which I think was called a ripper. I think the ripper was a creature that burrowed out of the ground. It had base bulding elements in it and you could also purchase things from a shop as one of the astronuats.
Giants: Citizen kabuto

EDIT:k already replied to, sorry peeps

Razaim

Aug 5, 2010
Lord Roach said:
Ok if someone already talked about his game I apologize, I'm new to the forum thing and don't really know how to search for stuff haha. I've played this pc game a long time ago, I think in 2001 or 2002, idk when it exactly was released since I was too young to pay attention to those things, like the title of the game. Anyway, this alien dude had this ship with a 'female' AI personality, and I think he was a bit in love with the ship. They crash landed on a planet, and he had to leave to search for parts to repair her with. I remember tht when u were closer to the ship she could help with battles by shooting at your enemies, which were wild animals and alien zombie-like guys with robotic arms and blinking antennas comin from their heads. Later u find a tribe of those same aliens, before the robotic changes, and most of the aliens are dead and a lot are displayed on spikes around. They were red and white in color if that helps. You then had to guard a surviving one which was hard because he always stepped in front of u and wound up getting killed. Then I remember some part where you see what happens to the natives, and u hear screaming and see aliens on cotts with missing limbs.
The main alien was green, and on his ship in the beginning u c a pic of a woman alien that was tan and wearing a teal dress that showed most of her butt. I assumed tht was the 'ship' but idr. Anyone ever heard of a game like tht? I really would like to know what it was called.
I would also like to know how this game is called. that teal dress naked but thing is quite a motivator.. :p

Marco Cozza

Sep 1, 2012
Hi everyone!

I remember a game where there was tanks with a insect-like shape, each one with different weapons.

The goal was to destroy every other tank and of course to survive in the meantime. I remember some bushes and little lakes on the several maps you could choose from.

I once played this game about 10 years ago with my Windows 98 pc. Does anyone recall a game like this? I really don't know the name and I'm driving me crazy!!

Thanks in advance.
M.

Zandarck

Jul 13, 2011
Tohehe said:
I remember playing a game in the late 90s on the Playstation and it was such a great game.

It was a shooter. At the start of the game you picked one of four playable characters from what was either their police badge or passport, but I'm guessing it was more like a police badge because they were either officers or detectives or something. There were two guys (one was older and had grey hair) and two girls (if I remember right, one had brown hair, the other had blonde).

I can't remember whether it was side-scrolling or 3D, but I have a feeling it was side-scrolling, as if the camera was in the corner of the room.

You had to move through the rooms of a building, and kill the guys inside. Some had dogs you had to kill too, I definitely remember that because that's why my mum took the game off us haha

It was also a mulitplayer, and I think it could've been 4 player but i'm not certain. You could also combine powers to do a special move sometimes (kind of like it is in Gauntlet.

I'm pretty sure you played through levels, and also i think there were cut scenes at the end of the levels. I have a memory of a ship, and a daughter you had to rescue and return to a blonde woman, but I was really young so I might be confusing it with another game. I also think it was in Japanese but that will probably have been because my Dad used to get some dodgy games for us because our playstation was chipped...

The graphics weren't that great I don't think; they were better than sprites but it wasn't quite Time Crisis either. It's possible that it wasn't released on Playstation and was just an emulator or port or whatever it's called.

and that's pretty much all i can remember, although the I was probably around 4 or 5 at the time so some of the details might be wrong
Sounds a lot like Fighting Force to me.

[link]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXCZ--6uJmc[/link]

U284N_H34D5H07

Sep 1, 2012
I'm only looking for one game. Here are the characteristics of the game:

Old game that came out around late 1990s early 2000s.
PC.
In the first mission you had to rescue your commander.
You could make vehicles, mechs, and turrets.
You could collect energy from trees and bushes and stuff.
When you collected energy your commander sucked it up with his arm.
Your base was in color but everything else was in black an whit except for the HUD.
RTS with a view like WOW.
Red vs. Blue game.
You could make factories that produced vehicles and mechs.
Your commander made the factories.
When you won it showed a large VICTORY bar across your screen along with background art.
When you lost, large DEFEAT bar along your screen with background art of burning mechs.
Maps included outdoors kind of maps along with metal and cement indoors.
You had to defeat the red commander.
You controlled your mechs and vehicles.
When you were making your base, every thing was grid lock (I think).

Please help me define this game. I would love to play a classic again. I think I gave enough information for you guys to define it. Thank you guys so much.

-Evan

Thomas Kildaman

Sep 1, 2012
For the life of me i can't remember the name of the game.

Once i was playing a demo of a game on the PS2. It was like a Mech shooter from the 3rd perspective. I remember there was one green robot that had like 4 legs splayed out like a spider. I remember it was decently fast too. I remember the demo took place on an arena that looked like a dock because i recall the container ship. After you have defeated all the robots you had to face a boss bot and after that the demo ended. I think it was like a japanese game but im not entirely sure but i somewhat remember the dialogue in the little box at the bottom being cryptic. The title of the game as far as i remember was like a shortcut like S.T.A.R.S for example.

Unforseen12

Aug 30, 2012
Unforseen12 said:
Unforseen12 said:
sonofliber said:
Unforseen12 said:
Hi,
probably not Z.
I also remember a unit saying "oh shit!" when it gets destroyed.
Any help pleaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaase..!
No body knows the name of the game??

Batou667

Oct 5, 2011
U284N_H34D5H07 said:
I'm only looking for one game. Here are the characteristics of the game:

Old game that came out around late 1990s early 2000s.
PC.
In the first mission you had to rescue your commander.
You could make vehicles, mechs, and turrets.
You could collect energy from trees and bushes and stuff.
When you collected energy your commander sucked it up with his arm.
Your base was in color but everything else was in black an whit except for the HUD.
RTS with a view like WOW.
Red vs. Blue game.
You could make factories that produced vehicles and mechs.
Your commander made the factories.
When you won it showed a large VICTORY bar across your screen along with background art.
When you lost, large DEFEAT bar along your screen with background art of burning mechs.
Maps included outdoors kind of maps along with metal and cement indoors.
You had to defeat the red commander.
You controlled your mechs and vehicles.
When you were making your base, every thing was grid lock (I think).

Please help me define this game. I would love to play a classic again. I think I gave enough information for you guys to define it. Thank you guys so much.

-Evan
That's got to be Total Annihilation.

Batou667

Oct 5, 2011
Thomas Kildaman said:

Once i was playing a demo of a game on the PS2. It was like a Mech shooter from the 3rd perspective. I remember there was one green robot that had like 4 legs splayed out like a spider. I remember it was decently fast too. I remember the demo took place on an arena that looked like a dock because i recall the container ship. After you have defeated all the robots you had to face a boss bot and after that the demo ended. I think it was like a japanese game but im not entirely sure but i somewhat remember the dialogue in the little box at the bottom being cryptic. The title of the game as far as i remember was like a shortcut like S.T.A.R.S for example.
Ghost In The Shell?

Thomas Kildaman

Sep 1, 2012
Batou667 said:
Thomas Kildaman said:

Ghost In The Shell?
No, thats not it. The intro was definately CG, it took place in an urban environment and there were 2 legged robots 2. It definately wasn't anime.

Thomas Kildaman

Sep 1, 2012
Thomas Kildaman said:
Batou667 said:
Thomas Kildaman said:

Ghost In The Shell?
No, thats not it. The intro was definately CG, it took place in an urban environment and there were 2 legged robots 2. It definately wasn't anime. P.S for a little hint the music for the demo stage was Zebrahead - Rescue me

Treykwondo

Sep 2, 2012
I literally just joined this site as no where else on the internet has a 83 page long Game memory subject thats still active.. LOL

I have searched for about 16 years or more for a certain game that was on an old floppy.. Story is as follows..

Forgive me if my memory of it is abit vague , but what i remember is that you drove a RV/Camper to some vacation site or rv site , you would get pulled over if you did anything wrong or anything like a wreck.. I look for this game so hard , because i was denied of my right to beat it. When i was about 5 , give or take a few years , i angered my father while wanting to play it badly , so he took and snapped the game in half.. Even with time and car , couldnt fix it.. So for at least 15 years minimum , Ive been heart broken and felt deprived of the ending of which i never saw...

But like i said , my memory is vague.. No name.. No sound memory... Nothing... If you guys know of anything like this , please lemme know..

Oh and thank you very much for having an active thread lol.