Old Games you remember playing but can't remember the name of.

devilbeast

Sep 6, 2012
Ok,i hope this is not a shot in the dark but here we go:
- it was a fighting game for the ps1
- the main character was named Ryu (not street fighter) or something like Ryoku and he wore red and also had brown, spiky hair
- one of the characters was a cowboy
- another had tan-skinned aspect with gray hair
-another character looked like a ninja
-One of the characters was named Rosemary or something like that
-The final boss was a tall, pale skinned man that threw fireballs and stomped on neck trying to break it.
So, could you please help me?

squeakbox

Sep 6, 2012
I remember this old SNES game, and for the life of me can't find the title ANYWHERE.

It was a game involving a cat/kangaroo character, or some kind of animal character. He might've had a gun, but I'm not sure on that one. Anyways, the final boss held 2 kids (I think they were twins?) in a cage, and the password area was a room with platforms (the game was a platformer). And the password you would enter would require you jumping to a platform with a piece of "fruit" on it, and selecting one after another. Like something like oranges, cherries, and grapes! (They may not be those EXACT things, but that's what I remember)

Can anyone HELP ME?!? This is killing me trying to find it...

squeakbox

Sep 6, 2012
devilbeast said:
Ok,i hope this is not a shot in the dark but here we go:
- it was a fighting game for the ps1
- the main character was named Ryu (not street fighter) or something like Ryoku and he wore red and also had brown, spiky hair
- one of the characters was a cowboy
- another had tan-skinned aspect with gray hair
-another character looked like a ninja
-One of the characters was named Rosemary or something like that
-The final boss was a tall, pale skinned man that threw fireballs and stomped on neck trying to break it.
So, could you please help me?
Are you thinking of Grandia? The main character has brown, spiky hair and is named Ryudo.

squeakbox

Sep 6, 2012
squeakbox said:
I remember this old SNES game, and for the life of me can't find the title ANYWHERE.

It was a game involving a cat/kangaroo character, or some kind of animal character. He might've had a gun, but I'm not sure on that one. Anyways, the final boss held 2 kids (I think they were twins?) in a cage, and the password area was a room with platforms (the game was a platformer). And the password you would enter would require you jumping to a platform with a piece of "fruit" on it, and selecting one after another. Like something like oranges, cherries, and grapes! (They may not be those EXACT things, but that's what I remember)

Can anyone HELP ME?!? This is killing me trying to find it...
Nvm, I found it. It was Ardy Lightfoot. While the final boss doesn't have 2 kids in a cage, the password room is how I remember it.

bound_by_fire

Sep 6, 2012
I remember an RPG for PS1 there was a girl with you and at night she turned evil and grew bat like wings and in the game she was joking around about you may not be able to trust her or something it was so long ago and she was on the cover of the game too i don't remember much else about the game except it was almost like a free roam battle system except during a fight you were confined to a certain area only so big and you couldn't move your chars they would move as they attacked and the monsters would move around and sometimes if you attacked as a monster was attacking and you didn't make it to the monster in a certain amount of time the attack would be wasted that's all i can think of plz help

Kokomeeps

Sep 6, 2012
All right, I have a real challenge for you guys. I'm 21 years old and I can remember playing this eight to ten years ago. It was an online multiplayer game that is very similar to Arcanists, but less cartoony and way older. You would make your avatar, and then join a group that was getting ready to play. Then you would pick your bot, whether it be a red dragon or a robot, or many other varieties but I can't remember. After that you'd be dropped on a terrain, and then play team vs. team to try and beat the other. You would fire off a unique blast to your bot by choosing the angle of fire, and then how strong it would fire. You could beat an opponent by bringing his hp to 0 or blasting the land underneath him and getting him to fall. I remember that my avatar had 'arch angel' armour with wings and it was the best in that time. You'd earn money by beating opponents which you would then use to buy avatar attire. PLEASE HELP!

squeakbox

Sep 6, 2012
bound_by_fire said:
I remember an RPG for PS1 there was a girl with you and at night she turned evil and grew bat like wings and in the game she was joking around about you may not be able to trust her or something it was so long ago and she was on the cover of the game too i don't remember much else about the game except it was almost like a free roam battle system except during a fight you were confined to a certain area only so big and you couldn't move your chars they would move as they attacked and the monsters would move around and sometimes if you attacked as a monster was attacking and you didn't make it to the monster in a certain amount of time the attack would be wasted that's all i can think of plz help
This sounds like Grandia II for the PS2, Millenia grows bat wings, and at first you can't trust her.

squeakbox

Sep 6, 2012
Kokomeeps said:
All right, I have a real challenge for you guys. I'm 21 years old and I can remember playing this eight to ten years ago. It was an online multiplayer game that is very similar to Arcanists, but less cartoony and way older. You would make your avatar, and then join a group that was getting ready to play. Then you would pick your bot, whether it be a red dragon or a robot, or many other varieties but I can't remember. After that you'd be dropped on a terrain, and then play team vs. team to try and beat the other. You would fire off a unique blast to your bot by choosing the angle of fire, and then how strong it would fire. You could beat an opponent by bringing his hp to 0 or blasting the land underneath him and getting him to fall. I remember that my avatar had 'arch angel' armour with wings and it was the best in that time. You'd earn money by beating opponents which you would then use to buy avatar attire. PLEASE HELP!
Is it in 2D or 3D? Maybe it's City of Heroes? Or Diciples III?

Ashley Wolfe

Sep 7, 2012
Ok, this has been driving me crazy.
The game was an old computer game VERY similar to paint. I remember at the beginning, you ride a roller coaster to a art museum(?)and there you can pick what kind of painting/drawing you want to do. There was also a character who had purple hair(?). I played this game on Windows 98 so it had to be pre-2000.

THANKS!

Ashley Wolfe

Sep 7, 2012
Ok, this has been driving me crazy.
The game was an old computer game VERY similar to paint. I remember at the beginning, you ride a roller coaster to a art museum(?)and there you can pick what kind of painting/drawing you want to do. There was also a character who had purple hair(?). I played this game on Windows 98 so it had to be pre-2000.

THANKS!

Maru_Kitty

Sep 26, 2010
Okay I am looking for an old reading educational game.
It was similar to word blaster, jump starter, reader rabbit.
yet you played as this kid and had to go through this house and play the games
to get items to help you build the other characters from the games.

like one was building sentences with a like.. slot machine thingy..

im not sure what the character's name was.. but I know you had to save your like "family" i think it was.. or something close to that.

it was for like.. windows 98 i believe.

John Rhemson

Sep 7, 2012
Ok, I remember playing this on Shockwave.com (I think). This was around 10 years ago or so. Here are the details I remember.

The premise was that a man, a woman, and an old guy had to escape from a mansion with monsters chasing them. You had to solve puzzles in a certain time before the monster catches you.

-The woman was chased by a tentacled creature (I remember it as an octopus man)

-There was a portrait on the main stairwell of a lady with bleeding eyes, acting as a countdown timer. Once the blood reached the bottom of the portrait, your pursuer would catch you.

-A shadow of your pursuer would grow closer after time passed.

-One of the puzzles was putting together a ladder.

Voco

Sep 7, 2012
There was a 2D point and click adventure game about dinosaurs that I use to play back in the 90's. You played as a photographer/reporter and had to go around a dinosaur themed park to take photos. There is a shop that you go into at the park which you can buy a fossil, torchlight, pick and grappling hook. Later in the game you use the grappling hook to get up a cliff and find a cave which contains a time machine that takes you back in time. The game had different ways you could die, such as dinosaur bones at the park which you click on and they end up falling on you and crushing you when you touch them. The name of the main character may be Peabody.

Jc Keukpa

Sep 7, 2012
OK, here goes... (PLEASE HELP)

Was a PC based game
You had to breed germs or microbes or something
I think there were two colours of germ
They would invade a country and had to grow and fill that country
Was NOT called Pandemic or Pandemic II

Please HELP!

NLFW

Sep 7, 2012
OK, so, I've been looking for this game for 10+ years:

It's an arcade platform/shooter game, you control (i think) a kid that shoots energy from his hands, and you kill mutant enemies.

I think the first boss was a giant yellow snake/worm made of circles, coming out from a manhole.

other things I remember: there was a common enemy shaped like a blue slug, shooting red things at you. once in a while there were a group of small flying enemies, that if killed dropped rings (?). One of the powerups made your shoot look like atoms

anyone knows?

kreepypasta

Sep 7, 2012
I have three games that I'm trying to remember the names of and I think they were all for PS1:

1. There was a game where you play as a green bug and at one point you have to dodge dung from dung beetles. I guess it was a platform game.
2. There's this game that takes place in the snow and it is very cartoony. I remember this one level where your character is throwing something at penguins who are tied to balloons and floating. In this level you are able to turn the character 360 degrees to throw.
3. This one was a game where you play as a wind up english soldier toy. You play inside a toy world where you encounter other toys.

These are all very vague descriptions, but I'll take any guesses!
Thanks!

Prabhat Adivarekar

Sep 7, 2012
Hi, I am looking for a game which was based on magic. i think i played it back in 2001-2003. the story was somewhat like a boy who is just learning magic and gets to use different spells where he can summon animals, demons, orcs, skeletons and dragon also. He first meets an old man who tells him about his magic and how to use it. There is also something about him having a sister who is also a magician and he is searching for her. there is a map like age of empires and we have to explore the map to find the spells. there is a villain who keeps roaming and when we encounter him we have to use the spells to kill him.

bound_by_fire

Sep 6, 2012
kinda sounds like mech warrior 2 there was a spider mech that shot a big green ball and had 4 giant machine gun cannons, pretty BA mech

bound_by_fire

Sep 6, 2012
drama23 said:
Can someone please help me with this? It's killing me.

When I was a kid I always played this game on the snes with my friend but I can't remember what it was. I remember it was a two player game and the characters you played looked like they were kids. In the game you had to fight through monsters like zombies, vampires, mummies and basically anything you can think of. You start out with water guns for weapons and you could find weapons like weed wackers, forks, dishes, flamethrowers and a lot of other stuff. You also had to find keys to open doors and get to the end of the level and there were over a hundred levels. You could use cheat codes to skip to higher levels.

I know this isn't very good info to go off of but does anyone know what game this is?
is it zombies ate my neighbors?

jcflames25

Sep 7, 2012
hi, not sure if i am doing this right or not but i came across this while trying to search google, i am looking for this game i played 8 or 10 years ago, i only ever seen it on an old Compaq computer, it was in the jungle and you ran from what i think were demons in robes, you could shoot the green ground to trap them, which after a delay the ground would reappear, killing them. you also collected gold skulls..? i remember you could make your own levels as well, i cannot for the life of me think of the name of this game, if anybody could help me id appreciate