Old Games you remember playing but can't remember the name of.

KaliArchon

Sep 21, 2012
decks said:
I've played this game a few years ago, you were a guy on an island and you had to kill these huge monsters and you had to climb up them and you could only kill them by hitting them in their weak spot
Sounds like it's Shadow of the Colossus.

KaliArchon

Sep 21, 2012
KaliArchon said:
Alright. There's an old game I played sometime in the mid 90's that it took place in some sort of mine, and you were this miner type guy going around and there were traps and stuff, and you had to get gems or something.
Well, I found the answer to my question. It's called Crystal Caves. Thanks anyways.

Fraser Kobayashi

Sep 14, 2012
Panthera Onca said:
Hello everyone,
I've been searching the internet for an educational game I used to play at school around the years 2000-2002

It was a math game on which you are a character (an alien maybe?) that needs to get more fuel for his space ship. He does this by solving math problems in a 3 level adventure that recycles trash into fuel. I barely remember it and I think there's an alien boss at the end. I know if I hear the name I'll remember it right away.....it was something like Astromath or Spacemath....It's driving me crazy.

The first level had trash falling from the sky with math exercises written on it. When you typed the answers you collected the trash. The second level involved tuning it into fuel somehow....And the third level was the boss.

I would be delighted if you guys could help me remember.

Going to have to def say math blaster.

Coldie

Oct 13, 2009
rechoired said:
Okay! I have a game that I created this account to ask about. I've been googling for a bit and can't find anything.

I played it on a PC at about the same time as SimCity 2000. The premise is that you are collecting parts to build either a car, plane, (and maybe helicopter?) and the parts are in boxes. You move around areas to find boxes. Once you have built your car/plane or whatever (depending on what you choose. and you can customise with fire paint and stuff) you race it against the "bad guy" (but you can't control this race - you just see it happen). If you win, you advance a level or something and it gets harder.

Also I vaguely remember something about monkeys? I think they patrol the areas and try to steal the parts?

Any ideas?
Sounds like Super Solvers: Gizmos & Gadgets.

Gnak

Sep 21, 2012
Hello all! I have an old game for you to remember, used to play it on playstation when I was a kid. It was that japanish graphics stile rpg, turn based, grid based. I remember you could get into an item and fight monsters in that item and then the item would get stronger as you went deeper and deeper. I think you could go max 100 levels in an item. You'd fight all kinds of blobs and weird birds etc... Ring a bell to anyone?

Dragoon

Jan 19, 2010
Gnak said:
Hello all! I have an old game for you to remember, used to play it on playstation when I was a kid. It was that japanish graphics stile rpg, turn based, grid based. I remember you could get into an item and fight monsters in that item and then the item would get stronger as you went deeper and deeper. I think you could go max 100 levels in an item. You'd fight all kinds of blobs and weird birds etc... Ring a bell to anyone?
Probably Disgaea, definitely sounds like it.

T_SURFER

Oct 30, 2009
Alizaria said:
I'm trying to figure out the name of an old game i played as a kid, i don't remember much other then you could play through the game with two people, one used a yo-yo? as a weapon, (no it is not earthbound) the other used like one of those party blower things that unroll when you blow into them, i thing the weapons can upgrade also.
i remember one level kinda like a graveyard? idk something really dark and spooky, again it was a side scroller.
for some parts it was a side scroller style game,then i think i remember little cut scenes where depending on how much money you spent you'd have to sail somewhere, if you had little money you were basically floating on a piece of wood, if you had alot you'd be on a nice ship. idk ive been trying to find this game for ages and nothing works.

im hoping that im remembering this game correctly (i was born 1992 so that gives a bit of a time frame, i was still a little kid at the time. thanks all.
"The Legend of the Mystical Ninja", perhaps?

If not, you might find it in the Video Games section in:
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/KillerYoyo

shimmy

Sep 16, 2012
KaliArchon said:
shimmy said:
Repeat

Got a game which I played around 1997 although I'm sure the game itself is older.

- Game is viewed top down if I remember correctly.
- It's a square, blue board representing the ocean.
- You are a ship and must uncover squares one step at a time to find treasures etc.
- special events and things occur when you go on certain tiles

That's pretty much all I remember. I have found 1 thread mentioning it used to be on a shareware disc or floppy, yet the name is unknown.

The game pops up in my head every 2 years or so and I find myself looking for it on the internet and didn't get any wiser, so I thought I'd post here.

Thanks again.
I remember this game from so long ago, and always remembered the name. It's Pirate's Plunder!
Yessss, that's the one! Thanks so much!

Gnak

Sep 21, 2012
DustlessDragoon said:
Gnak said:
Yes, that's it!!! Thank you very much!

Dragoon

Jan 19, 2010
Gnak said:
DustlessDragoon said:
Gnak said:
Yes, that's it!!! Thank you very much!
No problem, happy to help.

seanwk91

Sep 15, 2012
Batou667 said:
seanwk91 said:
Hey, I remember this old SNES game that I used to own when I was very young, and I cannot find the title ANYWHERE.

It is a 2D side-scroll game where one plays as a knight, I believe exploring castles. I cannot remember what kind of things he fights. Also, I remember lightning for some reason. I believe he has a sword and shield, but I am not sure. He automatically turns into a skeleton with his armor still on if he dies. It is possible that one or more of the bosses is a big dragon, but I am not sure. Can anyone help me? I have been looking for this game for about five years now.

NOTE: It is not Castlevania, as that seems to be the most results that I get when I search for it online.
Dragon's Lair?
Yes, thank you!

seanwk91

Sep 15, 2012
There was a 3D game that my mom used to play when I was young that I am very interested in playing myself (she cannot seem to remember it), on either Sega or SNES, where a woman is going through either a house or a dungeon, she sees faces talking to her in the ceiling, and a most memorable part was where she got attacked by a suit of armor and if one did not turn around and dodge it in time it would kill one, but if one did dodge it in time the suit of armor would fall down the hole in front of the woman and shatter. I believe it is 1st person and the genre seemed to be mystery/adventure/puzzle. It seemed to be quite and advanced game for its time. Can anyone identify this game, I have been searching for it for about 10 years.

shimmy

Sep 16, 2012
Hi again guy's and gals, another game here!
I don't know wether this game is actually really old or not but I know the graphics are definately pixelated, yet it's in 3d.

In the game you control a speedy character and there is a chest in the middle of the level you have to break, but the mini monsters that come out of the chest have to be contained inside the playing area. That's all I remember :(

Thanks

Cloudbusted

Mar 6, 2012
There are a couple of games I've been trying to find for years.

1. The first one is an old game I played on the PC as a kid (at least 10 years ago) and it was a detective/puzzle game. When I try to look it up I always get "Sleuth" but I know that's not it. The graphics are a bit newer but it does have the same text input box at the bottom. I remember a scene with a field of bees that your character needs to navigate, as well as a scene in a hotel room where you can look through the keyhole into the next room.

2. This one is a bit more vague, but why not try.. I think this one is a fantasy around N64/PS1 era. The map interface was a bit like a scroll and I remember a large caterpillar and something to do with playing music. Like I said, super vague but I can't stop thinking about it.

kikke2

Sep 21, 2012
HI, there was this old game for PS1, 3D, that you were a woman, putting and activating all kind of traps all along the way.

Anybody knows this game??

grizztex

Sep 21, 2012
This is driving me crazy.. i remember playing a PC game that was set on an island. It had a female lead character, was a first person shooter and the Island was full of dinosaurs. It is a pretty older game and am pretty sure it's not Jurassic park. You had to roam the island accomplishing tasks and collecting weapons and so forth. Please help get this out of my head...LOL thanks