Old Games you remember playing but can't remember the name of.

Raileanu Vlad

Aug 26, 2018
Hello, i am looking for a game i played around 11 years ago, from what i remember it had cartoony graphics, and you would play with a spotted dog and i think what was a mole. If i remember correctly the game had a mechanic where you could swap between the 2 characters, and you had to do alot of puzzles and progress through the story, the puzzles we're mostly 2D, either side-scrolling or viewed from above. I remember something about a time machine at some point, and a puzzle where i had a car (more like a piece of wood) with 4 square wheels, and i had to finish a track with it(in some cave) without dying, but i searched enough before the race i could find 4 round wheels which would make the race alot easier.
Help pls :c

Ariel Romano

Jun 10, 2013
There was an old arcade game where you had to ride a stationary bike as the controls, and the game itself featured a kid riding his bicycle/glider through a course. I feel like the name was something like "Solitar" or "Zolitar", but for the life of me I can't remember.

Marcin Czosnek

Aug 27, 2018
Hello, i am looking for a game where you were driving a tank using numpad (7 - left track forward, 4- left track beckward etc.), shooting with space, longer you push - further bullet goes. z,x was moving tower. you were shooting to other vehicles, and from some of them you get loot. there was no natural world, only desert-like map where enemy was spawning randomly (single player). 3D game from 1999 - 2000. i had it default installed on my first PC in 2000. i often played it with my dad together on one tank, because you had to use many buttons at the same time.

CozyDino

Feb 15, 2016
Midwoka said:
CozyDino said:
THe second game is a psx (i guess) game. It's more complicated to describe him. It's a ugly fps game. Where you have a green hud. You don't see your weapon. The map is kinda flat and it was outdoor. I remember enemies looking like aliens. And i remember there was powerups for your weapon to get.
Maybe either Krazy Ivan [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9vB7x2e2Zs] or Forsaken [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rf_iEoz-lk0]?
No sorry it's not them, but it's really near my desription though, nice try x) It's like krazy ivan, but i dont remember seeing the weapons, and it's was way more uglier than this in my memories

todayskiller

Mar 31, 2010
Hey everyone, I was hoping someone could help me out.

I played a game on the PC back in the day, but can't remember the name of the game to save my life!

You played as a mercenary type, and you either accepted or declined missions up in your spaceship. it was a FPS shooter, and you could drive a dune buggy looking vehicle with a machine gun on top, you could also get into 2 legged Mechs that had a machine gun or rocket launchers, or there was what I liked to call the "scout vehicle" which looked like a hover bike.

*SPOILER*

The first mission you follow a guy and he betrays you at the end.

Near the end of the game you can also choose who to help out (Mining colony, or 2 other factions I believe).

Any clue what the name of this game might be?

Thanks!

Pixelhunter

Dec 21, 2014
todayskiller said:

I played a game on the PC back in the day, but can't remember the name of the game to save my life!

You played as a mercenary type, and you either accepted or declined missions up in your spaceship. it was a FPS shooter, and you could drive a dune buggy looking vehicle with a machine gun on top, you could also get into 2 legged Mechs that had a machine gun or rocket launchers, or there was what I liked to call the "scout vehicle" which looked like a hover bike.

*SPOILER*

Near the end of the game you can also choose who to help out (Mining colony, or 2 other factions I believe).

Thanks!
Yep, that's Techland's "Chrome" (2003).
I don't know what happened, but it's no longer directly available via Steam.

todayskiller

Mar 31, 2010
Pixelhunter said:
todayskiller said:

*SPOILER*

Thanks!
Yep, that's Techland's "Chrome" (2003).
I don't know what happened, but it's no longer directly available via Steam.

You are awesome!!! thank you so much!

shame that it's no longer on steam though, that's weird.

madhatter1984

Apr 17, 2018
Elia1995 said:
I remember about a NES game I played as kid where you play as a ninja or something red-colored and you kill ninjas, 2D Platformer subdivided in 2 "episodes":

In one (maybe the first one) you climb up a mountain or something while fighting these dark ninjas, in the second one you are inside a building with large floors.
Rad Action (aka Ninja Taro)?

Meximagician

Elite Member
Apr 5, 2014
Country
United States
Marcin Czosnek said:
Hello, i am looking for a game where you were driving a tank using numpad (7 - left track forward, 4- left track beckward etc.), shooting with space, longer you push - further bullet goes. z,x was moving tower. you were shooting to other vehicles, and from some of them you get loot. there was no natural world, only desert-like map where enemy was spawning randomly (single player). 3D game from 1999 - 2000. i had it default installed on my first PC in 2000. i often played it with my dad together on one tank, because you had to use many buttons at the same time.
That would be Wild Metal Country. Rockstar actually released the game as freeware under Rockstar Classics.

Marcin Czosnek

Aug 27, 2018
RelativityMan said:
Marcin Czosnek said:
That would be Wild Metal Country. Rockstar actually released the game as freeware under Rockstar Classics.
no. f***ing. way. i love U man. i was looking for it 5 years. THANK YOU!

Mar 30, 2010
CozyDino said:
the first game is a PC (surely) game, you have to drive an aircraft, a bit like wipeout, but i remembered that the aircraft could fly. The main mechanic of this game is to get balloon to get faster. I remember a bit that we could use weapon, and there are areas where aircrafts have to shoot themselves and not linear tracks, more like deathmatch.
Sounds like it could be Terminal Velocity.

CozyDino

Feb 15, 2016
Grouchy Imp said:
CozyDino said:
the first game is a PC (surely) game, you have to drive an aircraft, a bit like wipeout, but i remembered that the aircraft could fly. The main mechanic of this game is to get balloon to get faster. I remember a bit that we could use weapon, and there are areas where aircrafts have to shoot themselves and not linear tracks, more like deathmatch.
It's not that one. The game that i search is more recent.

CozyDino

Feb 15, 2016
CozyDino said:
Grouchy Imp said:
CozyDino said:
It's not that one. The game that i search is more recent.
The game I search looks like Ace Online/Air Rivals

Christian Fagrell

Sep 3, 2018
Hi, I played an old arcade game in the 90s which I dont know the name of. I remember you played a bard or guy with a flute who attacked mobs with the music notes or something like that.
Please help.
Thanks.

Joey Murphy

Sep 5, 2018
I remember playing a game with a intro cutscene with a boat in a storm and main character is female who I believe woke up or something trying to group up with a friend and if do a certain type of action to a enemy it goes into a x-ray showing you broke something I know I play it either Xbox or the ps2

Joey Murphy

Sep 5, 2018
I remember playing a game with a intro cutscene with a boat in a storm and main character is female who I believe woke up or something trying to group up with a friend and if do a certain type of action to a enemy it goes into a x-ray showing you broke something I know I play it either Xbox or the ps2

madhatter1984

Apr 17, 2018
Christian Fagrell said:
Hi, I played an old arcade game in the 90s which I dont know the name of. I remember you played a bard or guy with a flute who attacked mobs with the music notes or something like that.
Please help.
Thanks.
You can play as a bard on Gate of Doom (aka Dark Seal) and its sequel, Wizard Fire (aka Dark Seal II).

Meximagician

Elite Member
Apr 5, 2014
Country
United States
Joey Murphy said:
Was it one of these?

Death by Degrees for PS2
Fight Club for PS2/Xbox
Tenchu: Return from Darkness for Xbox
Tenchu: Wrath of Heaven for PS2

Junior

Oct 28, 2017
Reposting this due to having no results.... I know there is not a lot of description but there must be some suggestions out there.

So I can remember a pc game from I believe the late 90's. The few things I remember is that there are knights of all the main colours. The black knight being the final one hardest to kill. The only way to kill him is with a rune. You need to dodge blobs of green poison and jets of fire as you make your way up from the sewers to the top of a tower.

bermen613

Apr 24, 2016
Hello! Does anyone remember a game that was either late 1980's/early 1990's. It was similar to battletech or mechwarrior. But the game was more of a tournament style. You starting at the bottom of the ranking and worked your way up the rank winning money to buy better weapons and such for your mech. I remember you or the computer can set restrictions for a match, like no one could use missiles or lasers.... or no moving and what not. I never got to rank 1 when I was a kid. That game keeps coming back into my mind and would love to beat it.. if anyone knows I would much appreciate it.