Old Games you remember playing but can't remember the name of.

CassacreKray

Sep 8, 2018
So I've tried searching but obviously there's 900+ pages and I can't search through so hopefully this hasn't been brought up before!

A game I used to play about 11 years ago, my friend with an original Playstation lent it to me for a few weeks for my PS2 (praise be backwards compatibility).
The main character was a fox I think? But I could be misremembering. DEFINITELY an animal though. I seem to remember him being a detective and going through portals for missions, and being a bit pervy - the women loved him.

I've been struggling to remember much else but it was defo PS1 and I LOVED it, but nobody has ever heard of it when I mention it.

Oscar Camilleri

Feb 13, 2016
Any help on this one would be appreciated as I fear it is quite an obscure niche game. From what i can remember the game is from the 90's , possibly on the Amiga or PC.

It was endorsed by a rock or heavy metal band ( cant remember the name). The first part of the games I remember an overhead view of bands car on the road ( similar to badlands in graphics). where if i remember correctly it was like a board game where you throw dice and the car stops at different locations and you had to collect the instruments or band members. once this has been done you are taken to the final location which is an abandoned insane asylum and the game switches to first person mode in the style of a dungeon crawler.

Thanks

Meximagician

Elite Member
Apr 5, 2014
Country
United States
CassacreKray said:
So I've tried searching but obviously there's 900+ pages and I can't search through so hopefully this hasn't been brought up before!

A game I used to play about 11 years ago, my friend with an original Playstation lent it to me for a few weeks for my PS2 (praise be backwards compatibility).
The main character was a fox I think? But I could be misremembering. DEFINITELY an animal though. I seem to remember him being a detective and going through portals for missions, and being a bit pervy - the women loved him.

I've been struggling to remember much else but it was defo PS1 and I LOVED it, but nobody has ever heard of it when I mention it.
I don't remember portals, but I do know that officer Waffle (who was a dog) from Tail Concerto seemed to have every female character's attention.

The only Playstation 1 game I remember that had a fox was Kingsley's Adventure, but Kingsley was a knight, and there were hardly any female characters that I remember.

Meximagician

Elite Member
Apr 5, 2014
Country
United States
Oscar Camilleri said:
Any help on this one would be appreciated as I fear it is quite an obscure niche game. From what i can remember the game is from the 90's , possibly on the Amiga or PC.

It was endorsed by a rock or heavy metal band ( cant remember the name). The first part of the games I remember an overhead view of bands car on the road ( similar to badlands in graphics). where if i remember correctly it was like a board game where you throw dice and the car stops at different locations and you had to collect the instruments or band members. once this has been done you are taken to the final location which is an abandoned insane asylum and the game switches to first person mode in the style of a dungeon crawler.

Thanks
Not sure which game that is, but here is a list of games featuring famous musicians from MobyGames.

Edmond Lam

Oct 26, 2017
This is an old PC Disc game which is very similar to TRINE.

Hi guys, I'm looking for a game that I played when I was young. It was a side-scrolling CD game on PC platform in the year of 2000s may be(or 1995-2000), actually I don't know about the release date of it. Just because of the graphic design doesn't look like the quality made in 21st century.

I've tried my best to remember most of the game details but I cant remember the name of it. Yeah its totally ridiculous that I remember lots of details besides the game name.

The starting animation is talking about a man was locked in a tower in the sky, a mage(maybe?) casted magic to free him.

Although the game is side-scrolling game, it looks like 2.5D. The background is 2D picture but your character and the enemies are 3D image. It is a kind of adventure game, and you have a health bar and mana bar on the top left hand corner.

In the game you can choose 3 types of character, a young man with sword, a young girl with staff and a man using two-handed axe.
I remember some of the default button which are "Z" and "X", "Z" is using a light attack and "X" is a heavy attack.
There are several types of magic you can use, fire , ice, lightning and recovery.
Each type of magic divided into 5 levels, I only remember fire and ice.

Fire L1: Single fire ball drop on a single enemy (Auto targeting to nearby enemy)
Fire L2: Fire burning on the left side of right side (depends on character facing direction)
Fire L3: Lava blast at all enemies position
Fire L4: Large explosion (Area of effect)
Fire L5: Fire from the fire phoenix (Area of effect)
Ice L1: Ice Spikes appear at a single enemy's postion (Auto targeting to nearby enemy)
Ice L2: Ice Spikes appear at all enemies' position
Ice L3: Ice wall created on the left side of right side (depends on character facing direction)
Ice L4: Ice Storm (Area of effect)
Ice L5: Ice Age (Area of effect)

And here are the stage and the boss that I try my best to remember.
Stage 1 - Forest, boss: rock golem
Stage 2 - Floor 1 , I forgot what that thing is.
Stage 3 - Below 1, boss: ice drake
Stage 4 - Below 2, boss: 2 ghost (looks like female) share 1 BOSS health bar
Stage 5 - Below 3, boss: skeleton mage(necromancer)
**And this boss I think it is a main enemy of the game because my character need to talk to him before battle.
Stage 6 - Floor 2, boss: a flying, upper body, large skeleton with both scythe-shaded hand(hand bone)
**Actually it looks like a skeleton reaper, but it is flying and only have upper body
Stage 7 - Floor 3, boss: fire drake
Stage 8 - Below 4 , I reach to the middle only.

One more thing there are 5 different BGM in the game. Each of them is used for Stage1-5 respectively. And Stage 6 use the first BGM and so on.
I just only remember the stage name and the last stage that I reached is 8.
Please help me with this, it is a memory for me and I try my best to remember the details of it.

GoofGaffLaff

May 3, 2018
There was a game I'm trying to remember where you were a girl and your parents owned a farm. It was simple at first, farm crops and fight off baddies with a shovel(?), then it gets harder.
I remember a main part of the story was that at some point, your parents get kidnapped by (I think) pirates, and you have to farm to make up enough money to free them (It was a CRAPLOAD of money, lots of grinding). Not sure, but I think that might've been the end of the game. Either that, or I just forgot what happened after.

There were lots of upgrades you could buy (I think), and I remember one level where the monsters included freaking ghosts of all things. Also, the plants you farmed started getting really weird. Like, it started with just simple flowers and such, and eventually turns into made-up plants that were just really colorful and cool looking. I can't remember much more. I think there were upgrades you could buy as well?

Inter Cooler

Sep 13, 2018
Hello, i'm looking for a game i played on windows 95-98, it was a platform sidescroller, very colourful pixel graphics, mostly nightime, adventure game, no big action kinda like puzzle, you walk around places and find some random items which are required to proceed in certain areas, remember using some kind of meat to bait the boar and a plank to cross water.

kamakazie

Mar 31, 2009
RelativityMan said:
Joey Murphy said:
I remember playing a game with a intro cutscene with a boat in a storm and main character is female who I believe woke up or something trying to group up with a friend and if do a certain type of action to a enemy it goes into a x-ray showing you broke something I know I play it either Xbox or the ps2
Was it one of these?

Death by Degrees for PS2
Fight Club for PS2/Xbox
Tenchu: Return from Darkness for Xbox
Tenchu: Wrath of Heaven for PS2
This definitely sounds like a Tenchu game to me. Could be Tenchu: Fatal Shadows.

Gabby Morin

Sep 14, 2018
Okay there's no way in hell my description is going to be enough for an ID here but I thought I'd give it a shot: it's a PC game so old I was too young to know what an OS was. In fact, I don't know for sure exactly how old I was but it was around 20 years ago - I remember it was a game about vampires but don't remember where it was set (I wanna say London but that could very well be imprinting from all the London/vampire media since, so don't take that seriously). I think you play as a detective or just a regular guy whose girlfriend I think has been turned into a vampire or maybe she's just gone missing and you're trying to find her? Anyway, I specifically remember dying in the game and I think it was because I'd been bitten. I really can't remember what the gameplay was like at all - obviously pretty simplistic but I seriously can't remember many moving parts, as if maybe it was more of a choose-your-own-adventure novel-type game, where you "visit" certain places to get information through conversations with people but it's mostly text-based with relevant imagery in the background. Yeah! You know what, that sounds about right. I most vividly remember being disturbed by the abruptly dying thing, probably because I was like 8 or 9 years old and a big scaredy-cat, but also intrigued and secretly wanting to play more even though I was too afraid. At any rate, that's about the extent of my recollection - OH, and I think the death screen had a bat in the sky above a graveyard? Maybe a tomb with the character's name on it? Okay, I gotta admit that now I'm not feeling as strongly about any of that information after "OH". So all that at the end there with a grain of salt.

You can see where the trouble is here. Good luck!

Patrik321

Dec 12, 2017
Hello Everyone. I'm looking for a Ps3 game, it was sort of like a hack n slash game, the 3 choosable characters were an old mage, a woman who had 2 daggers and a guy I can't really remember. As the game started I had to defend a city from the enemy. I remember that as I played through i had to kill a lot of skeletons in one part. I really enjoyed playing it and i would play it again but hell I can't remember the name of this game. Please, If anyone can help me with finding this game, even a page where I can see through a lot of Ps3 games, I would be happy with it, just please help me. Thank You very much.

KaiYLowell

Feb 28, 2016
Patrik321 said:
Hello Everyone. I'm looking for a Ps3 game, it was sort of like a hack n slash game, the 3 choosable characters were an old mage, a woman who had 2 daggers and a guy I can't really remember. As the game started I had to defend a city from the enemy. I remember that as I played through i had to kill a lot of skeletons in one part. I really enjoyed playing it and i would play it again but hell I can't remember the name of this game. Please, If anyone can help me with finding this game, even a page where I can see through a lot of Ps3 games, I would be happy with it, just please help me. Thank You very much.
Try this list here? https://www.mobygames.com/browse/games/ps3/

Patrik321

Dec 12, 2017
<font style= said:
Patrik321 said:
Try this list here? https://www.mobygames.com/browse/games/ps3/
Thank you, after hours of searching i found it. I really appreciate Your help!

Meximagician

Elite Member
Apr 5, 2014
Country
United States
Gabby Morin said:
Okay there's no way in hell my description is going to be enough for an ID here but I thought I'd give it a shot: it's a PC game so old I was too young to know what an OS was. In fact, I don't know for sure exactly how old I was but it was around 20 years ago - I remember it was a game about vampires but don't remember where it was set (I wanna say London but that could very well be imprinting from all the London/vampire media since, so don't take that seriously). I think you play as a detective or just a regular guy whose girlfriend I think has been turned into a vampire or maybe she's just gone missing and you're trying to find her? Anyway, I specifically remember dying in the game and I think it was because I'd been bitten. I really can't remember what the gameplay was like at all - obviously pretty simplistic but I seriously can't remember many moving parts, as if maybe it was more of a choose-your-own-adventure novel-type game, where you "visit" certain places to get information through conversations with people but it's mostly text-based with relevant imagery in the background. Yeah! You know what, that sounds about right. I most vividly remember being disturbed by the abruptly dying thing, probably because I was like 8 or 9 years old and a big scaredy-cat, but also intrigued and secretly wanting to play more even though I was too afraid. At any rate, that's about the extent of my recollection - OH, and I think the death screen had a bat in the sky above a graveyard? Maybe a tomb with the character's name on it? Okay, I gotta admit that now I'm not feeling as strongly about any of that information after "OH". So all that at the end there with a grain of salt.

You can see where the trouble is here. Good luck!
Still a bit of a needle-in-a-haystack, but here is a list of vampire themed games.

Elite313

Jan 7, 2018
matezz06 said:
Hello,

I'm looking for old real/time strategy game with following characteristics:
- it was game when you could build different tanks in factories which could be upgraded base on scientist point to produce better/stronger units (each factory was specialized to make only one type of unit)
- you could also build walking robots from special plants
- for points you were also able to build fixed defense units to protect your factories, scientist buildings and main tower
- the main tower produced something like alien spaceship which could destroy enemy buildings/defense towers or repair yours
- you could also call special air units which destroys certain area once or bring you additional units
- there was also moving unit with the power of nuke, when it was destroyed (you were sending it as closer as possible to enemy area)
- the last mission was unreal, i have never done it :D also I remember mission where you protected 4 these nuclear units with these robots

Thanks for helping, I have a feeling, it had a word WAR in the name of the game.
im looking for the same game i have a felling its name was world of war or something like that

Elite313

Jan 7, 2018
Hi all .

I remember playing a realtime map strategy game , you were the blue and the enemy was green
you have factories to build tanks each type of tank has its own factory and you and upgrade it to get more powerfull tanks of the same type

i remember there were 3 or 4 types of tanks a laser one and a long barrel type canon one and a normal one

later on in the game you cam build walking robot and has the same types of the tanks

you cant build new buildings only take enemy buildings and make it yours after you destroy it so its not red alert and you can build fixed defense points

you call more than 1 type of airstrikes , you also have the main tower building which makes a UFO that can repair buildings and damage enemy buildings , you and the enemy have main towers

i saw 2 people already posted about this game but nobody replied to them . Thanks all

Epicskunk

Aug 26, 2017
Alright, I'm looking for a new game.

In this game, you play as a man who witnesses bunnies raining from the sky, causing havoc, while sleeping in your bed. On your way, you collect pistols and a radio. In the game, you go thorugh loads of bunnies, killing them. The game had different routes based on how well you did. If you didn't do well, you would get a time piece that allows you to go back time and teleport into yourself that was supposed to get out and do this mission. In the game, you could collect weapons, including a special weapon you can get by cutting off a robot's arm. I can also remember that you can get gadgets by collecting keys in the game, which you can collect more with each run. You also had the power to lunge foward and backwards, allowing you to get a little bit more air, dodge enemy attacks and shoot while lunging. I remember that the game had walljumping as well.

It is a PC game. Hopefully someone knows what game I'm talking about so I can download it again and play again.

mayfly118

Aug 11, 2013
mayfly118 said:
Hi,
I'm trying to find the name of an old racing game. It's a 2D Nascar style racing game. It was a side view and you raced around an oval style track. The controls were strange for a racing game. On the straits left and right increased your speed. Up and down move you that way on the track. On the corners at each end you had to slow down to a certain speed first and if I remember right it turned your automatically. I think it was a shareware game in the 90's maybe on a PCZONE / PCGAMER cd???
It had Nascar cars, pit stops and you raced for alot of laps / coud choose no. laps. Crashing also spun your can in a pre animated way i believe.
Any one remember this game???

Headdrivehardscrew

Aug 22, 2011
Dear all,
The game I'm looking for must have been released between 2000 and 2005. I thought it was the first TellTale game ever released, but it just turned out I was wrong. The way I remember it is that it was a sort of point-and-click adventure of sorts with what I thought to be kid's TV show characters ? la Thunderbirds are Go, some sort of cutesy big-headed doll characters that (sparingly) populated the various screens that made up the playable area, which I believe to be a village of sorts. It's not the Smurfs. I couldn't find any Thunderbirds game that would fit the description. I'm about to go mad. If you remember the title or point me to a helpful resource, it would be much appreciated.