Old Games you remember playing but can't remember the name of.

Jivesucka

Sep 23, 2012
Hey team, trying to find a game that's lost to the ages of time. Can't remember the name; all I can remember is that the intro featured a bunch of tanks on parade and the theme was Mozart's Rondo Alla Turca. Gameplay was somewhat 'Risk'like iirc, but I can't trust my memory that far back.

Many points to whomever can figure out what I'm talking about.

xbunx

Jan 5, 2018
The game I?m looking for is a point-and-click child?s educational game about nature. It was about a story of a camp with bug people. It started out with a door, where your name was asked. When you chose the name it would show as a sign on the door. The door would open to a young boy's bedroom (you are the boy) and there's a book at the side of the bed wide open. As you approach it you go into the book and it's a camp with bug people. A blue beetle guy introduces you and helps you around the entire game. You have to get a certain amount of different things from playing different mini games a around the camp to complete the game. I distinctly remember the blue beetle saying the phrase ollie ollie oxenfree. It looks like Quarky and Quaysoo's Turbo Science (but I?m pretty sure it isn?t). It also might not be bugs.

vinnie524

Apr 2, 2015
A friend of mine is looking for an old game he loved, but has no idea of the name. Says it was some time around when WoW was booming, possibly during Burning Crusade.

Details he can remember:
-Some sort of open-world-ish (maybe dungeon crawler) RPG, 3rd person, early or mid 3D graphics almost WoW-like, PC
-You choose from 4 classes : assassin(woman), sorcerer/wizard, some kind of warrior, doesn't remember 4th
-Your armor/gear doesn't change from items (he's not even sure if there were items in the game), but by progressing or leveling up
-Final boss is in some fiery hell-shit room, tentacles and shit everywhere and there are phases where you have to hop some platforms
-Towns you visit in-between dungeons don't have much exploration. He explained it was like a long corridor and you just pick what to interact with like shops

If anyone has any idea at all, shoot. Even if it's not what we're looking for it might help pin the game down.

mousecake

Jul 21, 2014
that looks just like the game i remember!!! i dont know how you were able to think of it in all my ramblings, but thank you!!!

note:(can't seem to be able to delete the duplicate post....)

mousecake

Jul 21, 2014
notsofast said:
Is this an Enemy Infestation?
that looks just like the game i remember!!! i dont know how you were able to think of it in all my ramblings, but thank you!!!

Ners

Apr 19, 2018
Ners said:
Ners said:
Ners said:
So, can't remember a game, it was some sort of action/shooter based. No close known timeframes but I used to play it on a WinXP machine around 2009 perhaps? +/- couple of years, likely older.
After a couple of clicks through the main menus (red-black themed, some pictures and an intro/cutscene I think) you show up as an armored person/soldier in some sort of a valley surrounded with another few soldiers, each having a different set of weapons I think. You could individually control each unit. The main theme color of the game overall was red, like red-orange-yellow(?) and any shades around those, it was literally all red-shaded. From the grounds and grass up to the skies as well, except soldier units, those were black and structures(?) those were more grayish.
The surroundings were kind of like steppes, low steppe-like grass, lots of tiny hills and valleys covered in grass and some larger mountains in the horizont, felt like a desert.
Moving some further you'd encounter some enemy units and some flags waving around, or was it some poles? Can't recall, but it definitely was something alike. Eventually you'd end up finding some kind of conctrete/metal structure/bridge(?) up on a huge hill and few trees around which were similar to those of GTA SA, huge&high, they were also scattered around the fields but nothing in large amounts.
This is the further I came and that's all I get to remember, guess there was some mission to be done but as a kid back then and with lack of english knowledge, it wasn't something I went after and likely the reason I can't remember what it was about, it's mostly visual memories.
Anyone got a clue what I'm talking about?
BUMP!

eSwirl

Mar 25, 2018
Hello, this one is tough, I don't remember the name of a PC game I was playing when I was a kid.

I played it on PC. I bought it from an old shop. (<2007) (It is a illegal copy of a game, I don't know it when I was small.)
Similar to AOC kind of rts game
Starting from the farming, building house, mining, etc.
The most special is that you can build a Hero House to have a Hero, but it is just a knight
Each soldier can have its own weapon.
You can build an arrow turret or a cannon turret but it's expensive.
The is a Pathfinder, he will walk around and find something good.
The world is round and connected which means that when you go to the top of the map, you will be at the bottom of the map. It is a globe.

There are 15 mission or story.
Each one has its special case.
I can only remember a few.

1. At the beginning there was a bard who could control the monsters. In the distance, there is a strong dragron on the mountain. You can fight the dragon with soldiers and the bard, then the bard will control the dragon.
Control the dragon and you can win easily.

2. The story is that the green turtle are fighting with the blue turtle. Your king sends the strongest cavalry to attack the turtle but none of them come back.

3. Level 15 is the hardest
At the beginning of the game, you already had a lot of soldiers and resources. You have a perfect valley, but your opponent has more troops than you.
At the mountain, there was a hero name called Conan. He told you, if you gave him a ruby gem, he would help you.

KaiYLowell

Feb 28, 2016
xbunx said:
The game I?m looking for is a point-and-click child?s educational game about nature. It was about a story of a camp with bug people. It started out with a door, where your name was asked. When you chose the name it would show as a sign on the door. The door would open to a young boy's bedroom (you are the boy) and there's a book at the side of the bed wide open. As you approach it you go into the book and it's a camp with bug people. A blue beetle guy introduces you and helps you around the entire game. You have to get a certain amount of different things from playing different mini games a around the camp to complete the game. I distinctly remember the blue beetle saying the phrase ollie ollie oxenfree. It looks like Quarky and Quaysoo's Turbo Science (but I?m pretty sure it isn?t). It also might not be bugs.
Can't say this is ringing any bells, but you may want to start here: https://www.mobygames.com/browse/games/educational/m,81/list-games/

Hakkspets

Oct 12, 2017
Hey I have a tricky one.
It's and old educational game, I think it might have just been a math's game. It was on the floppy disk.
From what I remember you start in a dungeon where a skinny prisoner with a long beard hangs on the wall with shackles round his arms and feet. I think he gave you simple math questions you had to answer correctly.
I have also a vague memory of trying to reach a wizard from some stairs. You would only move forward if you answered the wizards math problems correctly.
I'm sorry but that's all I can remember. Hopefully someone will remember this game as well.

Edmond Lam

Oct 26, 2017
This is an old PC Disc game which is very similar to TRINE.

Hi guys, I'm looking for a game that I played when I was young. It was a side-scrolling CD game on PC platform in the year of 2000s may be(or 1995-2000), actually I don't know about the release date of it. Just because of the graphic design doesn't look like the quality made in 21st century.

I've tried my best to remember most of the game details but I cant remember the name of it. Yeah its totally ridiculous that I remember lots of details besides the game name.

The starting animation is talking about a man was locked in a tower in the sky, a mage(maybe?) casted magic to free him.

Although the game is side-scrolling game, it looks like 2.5D. The background is 2D picture but your character and the enemies are 3D image. It is a kind of adventure game, and you have a health bar and mana bar on the top left hand corner.

In the game you can choose 3 types of character, a young man with sword, a young girl with staff and a man using two-handed axe.
I remember some of the default button which are "Z" and "X", "Z" is using a light attack and "X" is a heavy attack.
There are several types of magic you can use, fire , ice, lightning and recovery.
Each type of magic divided into 5 levels, I only remember fire and ice.

Fire L1: Single fire ball drop on a single enemy (Auto targeting to nearby enemy)
Fire L2: Fire burning on the left side of right side (depends on character facing direction)
Fire L3: Lava blast at all enemies position
Fire L4: Large explosion (Area of effect)
Fire L5: Fire from the fire phoenix (Area of effect)
Ice L1: Ice Spikes appear at a single enemy's postion (Auto targeting to nearby enemy)
Ice L2: Ice Spikes appear at all enemies' position
Ice L3: Ice wall created on the left side of right side (depends on character facing direction)
Ice L4: Ice Storm (Area of effect)
Ice L5: Ice Age (Area of effect)

And here are the stage and the boss that I try my best to remember.
Stage 1 - Forest, boss: rock golem
Stage 2 - Floor 1 , I forgot what that thing is.
Stage 3 - Below 1, boss: ice drake
Stage 4 - Below 2, boss: 2 ghost (looks like female) share 1 BOSS health bar
Stage 5 - Below 3, boss: skeleton mage(necromancer)
**And this boss I think it is a main enemy of the game because my character need to talk to him before battle.
Stage 6 - Floor 2, boss: a flying, upper body, large skeleton with both scythe-shaded hand(hand bone)
**Actually it looks like a skeleton reaper, but it is flying and only have upper body
Stage 7 - Floor 3, boss: fire drake
Stage 8 - Below 4 , I reach to the middle only.

One more thing there are 5 different BGM in the game. Each of them is used for Stage1-5 respectively. And Stage 6 use the first BGM and so on.
I just only remember the stage name and the last stage that I reached is 8.
Please help me with this, it is a memory for me and I try my best to remember the details of it.

TK0pe

Mar 28, 2012
Longshot but worth a try

So let's start, i had this game as a kid and it was in japanesse (i don't think it's released outside of Japan)

You start in jungle (forest) with multiple soldiers (explorers?) top down camera
You can give them orders to chop wood,build tents etc
Animal will attack you..

That's everything i remember

Dec 14, 2017
Hi, I'm looking for an old pc game. This is a small purple character who has to dig in blocks of ice to find diamonds. The game dates from the early 2000s. The view is in 2D and looks like Boulder Dash. Thank you

Brianna Minor

Jul 11, 2018
I cannot remember the name of this game! It was on the ds when I was very young, like 2005-2008ish. When you started a new game, it would ask you a series of questions, the one I remember was about a lake with a town on the other side and how I would reach the town. I also think it had "demon" or something similar in the title. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Message me if you think you know it, I don't come here very often.

Meximagician

Elite Member
Apr 5, 2014
Country
United States
MartinaLove said:
Hi, I'm looking for an old pc game. This is a small purple character who has to dig in blocks of ice to find diamonds. The game dates from the early 2000s. The view is in 2D and looks like Boulder Dash. Thank you
I couldn't find an exact match of your description, but could it have been either Pretzeldash or Boulder Dash-XL?

Meximagician

Elite Member
Apr 5, 2014
Country
United States
Ace Striker said:
Trying to remember the name of this flash game I played... It's a side scroller, by the way. You start off as this epic immortal god in cool armor with an awesome sword, and you're killing off any and all enemies without a scratch coming on you. Absolutely invincible. But something makes you lose your power, and you become a mortal with hardly any defenses. Now these same enemies that you were killing with ease, you must kill to regain your strength. You fight through... 3 areas I believe? Maybe 4. After the completion of each one, you unlock an outfit that increases a specific stat to help you in your quest. After completing the final area, you have the same armor and weapon from the beginning, but you're not quite immortal. Just hard to kill. A few friends tried to say that this was a lot of games, but certainly they can't be more wrong, right? Hopefully this description is clear enough to find out what the flash game is.
That is likely Escape from the Underworld a freeware flash game that you can also download.

kamiglob

Oct 1, 2017
hey everyone
and my sincerset graditudes to who ever can help me here
im looking for a game from around 2002-2004ish, its a game where you as the player control a chapion who controls an armie against the A.I. oppenet who also control his own armie in a 1v1 battle, and depending on what hero you and the A.I. are playing you had diffrenet minions (i think you also had abillities not sure...), you would do a battle after battle until you reach the final boss. i think it had high grapgic for the time (might just be my memmory tho...)
it was in high fanasty setting, and each "arena" was rather small.
kind of a long shot but thanks a bunch to who ever helps.

Ace Striker

Jun 2, 2017
RelativityMan said:
Ace Striker said:
Trying to remember the name of this flash game I played... It's a side scroller, by the way. You start off as this epic immortal god in cool armor with an awesome sword, and you're killing off any and all enemies without a scratch coming on you. Absolutely invincible. But something makes you lose your power, and you become a mortal with hardly any defenses. Now these same enemies that you were killing with ease, you must kill to regain your strength. You fight through... 3 areas I believe? Maybe 4. After the completion of each one, you unlock an outfit that increases a specific stat to help you in your quest. After completing the final area, you have the same armor and weapon from the beginning, but you're not quite immortal. Just hard to kill. A few friends tried to say that this was a lot of games, but certainly they can't be more wrong, right? Hopefully this description is clear enough to find out what the flash game is.
That is likely Escape from the Underworld a freeware flash game that you can also download.
No, that's not it... There were no angels or demons. And no stick figures either. The game had a bit of detail to it.

Meximagician

Elite Member
Apr 5, 2014
Country
United States
Ace Striker said:
RelativityMan said:
Ace Striker said:
No, that's not it... There were no angels or demons. And no stick figures either. The game had a bit of detail to it.
In that case you could try looking through the examples for this trope (A Taste of Power) on TV Tropes. If you click on 'related' and scroll down to 'VideoGame' it will have an even more complete list.

Ace Striker

Jun 2, 2017
RelativityMan said:
Ace Striker said:
RelativityMan said:
Ace Striker said:
In that case you could try looking through the examples for this trope (A Taste of Power) on TV Tropes. If you click on 'related' and scroll down to 'VideoGame' it will have an even more complete list.
Well now I'm sad. It doesn't seen to be on there. It was a really fun game when I played it. :(

sengels

May 16, 2016
Hello there, I am searching for a pretty old game which I of cource can't remember the name of.

All I know is that you where a robot that could find body parts to solve certain puzzles or defeat certain enemy's.
One Puzzle/battle was a kind of Football/soccer battle against another robot or thing xD.
The game was a top view aspect and the cutsences where 3d animated. I also remember a gear being in the title to respresend an "o".

I hope someone can help me out here :)!

Many thanks