Old Games you remember playing but can't remember the name of.

florain03

Mar 6, 2017
QEmpire said:
RelativityMan said:
QEmpire said:
So, back in the 2000s there was this spider-man game i used to play, it was downloaded, i remember that it was inside buildings and it had the old activision logo and i think there was a part where you could be black spiderman and there were some spider symbols or something, the symbol part iam not sure. It's not spiderman friend or foe; I've been looking for it, but no luck, hope you can help me. Sorry for bad spelling, english is not my native language.
There were two games around that time where I know you can play as black suit Spider-Man: Spider-Man 3 and Spider-Man: Web of Shadows. Meanwhile in Ultimate Spider-Man Venom is playable, but I don't know if you can play as Spider-Man in his black suit.
I don't think they are the game i was looking for, is there an older spiderman game where you can use a blacksuit spiderman that you can remember?I remember there were some kind of agents that you could fight; Eitherway thank you.

here's a list of official spider-man games, might be one of them

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spider-Man_in_video_games

florain03

Mar 6, 2017
Ariel Romano said:
There was an old arcade game where you had to ride a stationary bike as the controls, and the game itself featured a kid riding his bicycle/glider through a course. I feel like the name was something like "Solitar" or "Zolitar", but for the life of me I can't remember.
Prop Cycle

florain03

Mar 6, 2017
Elia1995 said:
I remember about a NES game I played as kid where you play as a ninja or something red-colored and you kill ninjas, 2D Platformer subdivided in 2 "episodes":

In one (maybe the first one) you climb up a mountain or something while fighting these dark ninjas, in the second one you are inside a building with large floors.
Ninja-kun: Adventure of Devil Castle

Meximagician

Elite Member
Apr 5, 2014
Country
United States
Povilas Valentukevicius said:
I remember playing a few racing games like 12-15 years ago, not quite sure.

First: A sci-fi racing game, 3 diffrent planets that have 3 levels each, first planet is desert-ish, second winter-ish, third volcanic.The game had a shooting mechanic where u shoot when pressing space, it shoots where your car is looking. I think I played it on pc, windows xp. There were quite a lot of diffrent vehicles you could get. A starting car was a three-wheeler red car, the very last vehicle, the fastest vehicle was flat hovering vehicle, it's color was purple-ish, the vehicle before it was a heavy one, which was slower, but also hovered, it couldn't be pushed around so much and when shot it wouldn't sway to the side as hard and it was yellow.

Second: Don't have too much info on this one. I think there were power-ups like boosters n stuff. Its also a sci-fi racing game. It was quite intresting, had more maps than the "First" game I was talking about. These are two diffrent games tho. I think when at the start of the race, when the countdown gets to 1 sec then press the accelleration button to get a speed boost for a few secs for a headstart. I don't remember hovering cars, only with wheels. There were quite a lot of jumps n stuff. I think you could upgrade your cars, idk, maybe not. Now that I think about it, you could look at it like this: Blur, but sci-fi and in volcanic/winter planets. It had multiple gamemodes: Singleplayer Career mode, Single Race (stuff like these usual racing games), Multiplayer had Soccer Mode, Splitscreen Racing and one more I don't remember, I don't believe it had online multiplayer, but at the time I didn't really have internet so I didn't care. Actually the game had more similarities to Wipeout (1995), but I tried playing it and no it was not it.

I guess both these games would have the tags: Sci-Fi/Racing/Vehicular Combat.
One quick detail: The games graphics,I believe, looked similar to Carmageddon 2: Carpocalypse Now. So I think they came out during a similar time.

These aren't the games: AIM series, Twisted metal, Death race, POD,sky race, cyberline, Wipeout...
That first game is probably Safari Biathlon, it has three planets and three tracks each. That link doesn't have any screenshots, but they are easy enough to find elsewhere, especially with some keywords like the developer name (Nikita).

The second one might be one of the Rollcage games, or maybe Bumper Wars or Dethkarz.

florain03

Mar 6, 2017
George Avramenko said:
Hello, I am looking for a game that I used to play about 16 years ago. All I can remember is that it was a basketball game that you could fight and throw stuffu could throw them back up. I don't remember if it was on PC or PS1/ Dendy Console
Probably one of the Arch Rivals / NBA Jam series

florain03

Mar 6, 2017
Neil Bulloch Jr said:
Hi everyone,

This is my first post, so thank you in advance for any and all help.

I am going to try to describe this game as best as I remember it. I had rented this fantasy action adventure game for the ps1 almost 20 years ago; I think it had more than one disc, but I am not sure. The first level was inside some kind of flying type machine/vehicle where you had to fight your way through it. Afterwards you ended up in this town/village where you could talk to NPCs, and eventually you teamed up with some girl/princess type character.

At later parts of the game the same girl/princess was kidnapped and taken to some kind of castle which you had to infiltrate and go through some old underground mines. Your character used a sword and maybe magic but I am not certain on the latter. I also remember some puzzle/platforming elements. I never got to finish the game cause I had to return it, but it has always stuck with me cause it was the first fantasy/story based game where I was fully able to understand the plot ( I must have been 7-8 years old). It always reminded me of something between Ocarina of Time and maybe the first Dark Cloud.

Any help? Thanks again!
Sounds a lot like Alundra 2, but i dont know about the multi-cd part. Pretty sure Alundra 2 only used a single cd

florain03

Mar 6, 2017
Neil Bulloch Jr said:
Hi everyone,

This is my first post, so thank you in advance for any and all help.

I am going to try to describe this game as best as I remember it. I had rented this fantasy action adventure game for the ps1 almost 20 years ago; I think it had more than one disc, but I am not sure. The first level was inside some kind of flying type machine/vehicle where you had to fight your way through it. Afterwards you ended up in this town/village where you could talk to NPCs, and eventually you teamed up with some girl/princess type character.

At later parts of the game the same girl/princess was kidnapped and taken to some kind of castle which you had to infiltrate and go through some old underground mines. Your character used a sword and maybe magic but I am not certain on the latter. I also remember some puzzle/platforming elements. I never got to finish the game cause I had to return it, but it has always stuck with me cause it was the first fantasy/story based game where I was fully able to understand the plot ( I must have been 7-8 years old). It always reminded me of something between Ocarina of Time and maybe the first Dark Cloud.

Any help? Thanks again!
Oh! I just saw your next post, it is Alundra 2! Awesome game!

NinJexLT

Apr 2, 2017
Country
Lithuania
RelativityMan said:
That first game is probably Safari Biathlon, it has three planets and three tracks each. That link doesn't have any screenshots, but they are easy enough to find elsewhere, especially with some keywords like the developer name (Nikita).

The second one might be one of the Rollcage games, or maybe Bumper Wars or Dethkarz.
Thank you, it was Safari Biathlon. As for the 2nd game, it was neither Bumper Wars nor Dethkarz. From what it looks like, by process of elimination, it has to be one of the rollcage games. Still, thank you very much, and here I go, off to the nostalgia train.

Kodfdf Dfaa

Feb 26, 2019
Hello, I remember this game I used to play where you have a top down view of an island i think, where you send rockets with satellites into space and to the moon. If I remember correctly you could research new rockets and stuff like that. I'm sorry it's really vague but that is all I can remember, I've sat hours searching and looking at google images, but cant find it. Any help is appreciated.

SwebbieJr

Feb 19, 2018
SwebbieJr said:
Hi all!

Got a challenging one for you. I remember playing a game in primary school almost twenty years ago, so likely on an acorn or early Apple PC.

It involved getting to an incubator at the end of the game, high you had to activate. On the way through the different areas, you needed to collect eggs (or maybe they were keys) of certain colours. I remember one of the areas being a lake divided into a grid. THe only way you could get your boat across was to have found a chart showing where all the hidden currents we?re, because they?d could move your boat into different grid squares and into the rocks.

There was a lot more, but that?s all I can remember! Anyone think they could solve this?
Bumping This. I remember it was definitely an egg. When you got to the end you had to put it in an incubator and select the right temperature depending on the egg you?d collected, using info you gathered during the journey to the end. I remember the map being a top down view. The name is Still frustratingly out of reach...

Edmond Lam

Oct 26, 2017
This is an old PC Disc game which is very similar to TRINE.

Hi guys, I'm looking for a game that I played when I was young. It was a side-scrolling CD game on PC platform in the year of 2000s may be(or 1995-2000), actually I don't know about the release date of it. Just because of the graphic design doesn't look like the quality made in 21st century.

I've tried my best to remember most of the game details but I cant remember the name of it. Yeah its totally ridiculous that I remember lots of details besides the game name.

The starting animation is talking about a man was locked in a tower in the sky, a mage(maybe?) casted magic to free him.

Although the game is side-scrolling game, it looks like 2.5D. The background is 2D picture but your character and the enemies are 3D image. It is a kind of adventure game, and you have a health bar and mana bar on the top left hand corner.

In the game you can choose 3 types of character, a young man with sword, a young girl with staff and a man using two-handed axe.
I remember some of the default button which are "Z" and "X", "Z" is using a light attack and "X" is a heavy attack.
There are several types of magic you can use, fire , ice, lightning and recovery.
Each type of magic divided into 5 levels, I only remember fire and ice.

Fire L1: Single fire ball drop on a single enemy (Auto targeting to nearby enemy)
Fire L2: Fire burning on the left side of right side (depends on character facing direction)
Fire L3: Lava blast at all enemies position
Fire L4: Large explosion (Area of effect)
Fire L5: Fire from the fire phoenix (Area of effect)
Ice L1: Ice Spikes appear at a single enemy's postion (Auto targeting to nearby enemy)
Ice L2: Ice Spikes appear at all enemies' position
Ice L3: Ice wall created on the left side of right side (depends on character facing direction)
Ice L4: Ice Storm (Area of effect)
Ice L5: Ice Age (Area of effect)

And here are the stage and the boss that I try my best to remember.
Stage 1 - Forest, boss: rock golem
Stage 2 - Floor 1 , I forgot what that thing is.
Stage 3 - Below 1, boss: ice drake
Stage 4 - Below 2, boss: 2 ghost (looks like female) share 1 BOSS health bar
Stage 5 - Below 3, boss: skeleton mage(necromancer)
**And this boss I think it is a main enemy of the game because my character need to talk to him before battle.
Stage 6 - Floor 2, boss: a flying, upper body, large skeleton with both scythe-shaded hand(hand bone)
**Actually it looks like a skeleton reaper, but it is flying and only have upper body
Stage 7 - Floor 3, boss: fire drake
Stage 8 - Below 4 , I reach to the middle only.

One more thing there are 5 different BGM in the game. Each of them is used for Stage1-5 respectively. And Stage 6 use the first BGM and so on.
I just only remember the stage name and the last stage that I reached is 8.
Please help me with this, it is a memory for me and I try my best to remember the details of it.

Johan Muller

Mar 1, 2019
Hi all
Im looking for old dos pc game it is point and click
magick game where the characters begin in the attic
it not Simon the Sorcerer if someone now the name please thank you

florain03

Mar 6, 2017
aodat2 said:
I remember a game which I played when I was younger. It was basically an online game where you are actually a GUNBOT where you will shoot to either kill your enemy or shoot the land below them to drop them.

You can either play 1 on 1 or more. But it's generally a Blue and Red Team. I still remember the characters (bots) are very cartoonish thus its not those 3D games or sorts. It is basically played online with loads of other players. Another thing I remember about the game is that by shooting, you have "Wind" and etc so you need to shoot further and etc to hit your enemy.

Does anyone remember a game like this? I've been trying to remember the name but just can't seem to remember anything at all. It's quite a fun game where you just shoot your friends and etc. There's quite a lot of different bots for you to choose, some are tanks, boomerang shooter and a lot more.

Would seriously appreciate it if anyone can tell me the name of the game.
There are lots of games with that gameplay, most popular of them is the Worms series. But since you are looking for an online one, it must have been GunBound Online

florain03

Mar 6, 2017
bellali said:
Hi

So there is this very old pc game I used to play probably 12-13 years ago. You had a character and had to shoot some kind of missiles in the air to blow up bubbles, each character had a different way of shooting I think. So basically the bubbles exploded and new smaller bubbles came out of them and you had to destroy them all without getting hit. There were different storylines, some of them with some dark knights or some shit. There was also a dragon at some point which when you killed him showed an (fake) error message in the game. That's about all I can remember haha.

I thought the name of the game was Pando or something but I searched it and nothing pops up so it must have been different.. but something similar to Pando I suppose. Thanks!
Not sure about the dragon part, but the gameplay sure sounds a lot like the Super Buster Bros / Pang series

yeonya

Feb 6, 2018
Hi,

I'm looking for a game that I played when I was a tiny lad. I remember it very vaguely but I'll try my best to list what I remember.

- First of all, I'm pretty sure this was a 2D platformer, most likely on the SNES.
- It has to do with dinosaurs and humans, and you had to pick who you wanted to play as.
- Both single and multiplayer, I think.
- It looked a little cartoony and was very colorful.
- I think it was your responsibility as a human to save your dinosaur buddy.

This is just about all I can remember. I really wish there was more I could think of but it's 5:40 am right now. If I remember anything else I'll add it to the post.

Mar 30, 2010
aodat2 said:
I remember a game which I played when I was younger. It was basically an online game where you are actually a GUNBOT where you will shoot to either kill your enemy or shoot the land below them to drop them.

You can either play 1 on 1 or more. But it's generally a Blue and Red Team. I still remember the characters (bots) are very cartoonish thus its not those 3D games or sorts. It is basically played online with loads of other players. Another thing I remember about the game is that by shooting, you have "Wind" and etc so you need to shoot further and etc to hit your enemy.

Does anyone remember a game like this? I've been trying to remember the name but just can't seem to remember anything at all. It's quite a fun game where you just shoot your friends and etc. There's quite a lot of different bots for you to choose, some are tanks, boomerang shooter and a lot more.

Would seriously appreciate it if anyone can tell me the name of the game.
If it's an old DOS era game, you're probably thinking of Scorched Earth.

Meximagician

Elite Member
Apr 5, 2014
Country
United States
yeonya said:
Hi,

I'm looking for a game that I played when I was a tiny lad. I remember it very vaguely but I'll try my best to list what I remember.

- First of all, I'm pretty sure this was a 2D platformer, most likely on the SNES.
- It has to do with dinosaurs and humans, and you had to pick who you wanted to play as.

This is just about all I can remember. I really wish there was more I could think of but it's 5:40 am right now. If I remember anything else I'll add it to the post.
Could that have been Dinocity?

Wan Wei Xian

Mar 6, 2019
Hi

I'm looking for a puzzle game that I played when I was in primary school, im remember a few of detail in this game, hope you guys can help me find it.

-First, the game want us to bring a (colour catapillar) back to home, so its has many level. After each level complete, the catapillar will move a little bit to next level.
-The game has give you some colourful catapillar(not sure is catapilar or butterfly) to connect with other same colour catapillar(not sure is catapillar or butterfly ), if successful link with other, it will disappear.
-After finish all the connection of (catapillar or butterfly), it will complete the level and move to next level.

Thats all i can remember, its really a beautiful puzzle game, hope someone know this game.

yeonya

Feb 6, 2018
RelativityMan said:
yeonya said:
Hi,

Could that have been Dinocity?
yes it was, thank you!!