Old Games you remember playing but can't remember the name of.

Rhion Kendall

Jun 18, 2013
Hi i am trying to remember of a game i played. it is Sci-fi RTS/FPS for windows. The year might be 1995-2000.

It had to deal with a home base where you can create vehicles like tanks and planes (ships) and turrets and what not but you could switch between them on the hub on top. The only games that i found similar to this was the Battlezone series (e.g Battlezone 2) although it may seem familiar i dont recall any of the maps in those games and the whole aspect of being able to construct vehicles easily and instantly switch/warp between them was not really seen in Battlezone and i dont remember being able to walk like a soldier as seen in the gamplays of Battlezone.

I remember that when one machine was destroyed you were automatically sent to another one. I just remembered that you could spawn the machines on the map like if it was an expanded map of rts games that usually be on the bottom right/left corners and you could have selected the machines from said expanded map. Also the UI (or HUD) was very similar to Ground Control UI(or HUD).

Any help would be appreciated, i have been digging and searching the internet to no avail. Please and thank you.

Pixelhunter

Dec 21, 2014
Rhion Kendall said:
Hi i am trying to remember of a game i played. it is Sci-fi RTS/FPS for windows. The year might be 1995-2000.

It had to deal with a home base where you can create vehicles like tanks and planes (ships) and turrets and what not but you could switch between them on the hub on top. The only games that i found similar to this was the Battlezone series (e.g Battlezone 2) although it may seem familiar i dont recall any of the maps in those games and the whole aspect of being able to construct vehicles easily and instantly switch/warp between them was not really seen in Battlezone and i dont remember being able to walk like a soldier as seen in the gamplays of Battlezone.

I remember that when one machine was destroyed you were automatically sent to another one. I just remembered that you could spawn the machines on the map like if it was an expanded map of rts games that usually be on the bottom right/left corners and you could have selected the machines from said expanded map. Also the UI (or HUD) was very similar to Ground Control UI(or HUD).

Any help would be appreciated, i have been digging and searching the internet to no avail. Please and thank you.
Another RTS/FPS-hybrid of that time was "Urban Assault" (1998), mabye have a look at that.

Rhion Kendall

Jun 18, 2013
Pixelhunter said:
Rhion Kendall said:

Another RTS/FPS-hybrid of that time was "Urban Assault" (1998), mabye have a look at that.
DUDE! THIS IS IT! I LOVE YOU MAN!!! THANKS SO MUCH!!

Rhion Kendall

Jun 18, 2013
i am also looking for a racing game that looks and plays like rollercage series and track mania but it isnt those. the closest that i have come to find was Nitro stunt racing but it is not it. i remember it being more cartoony than stunt racing. my memory of it is very vague. the name of it may have had nitro or turbo in its name, i cannot remember. all i remember is that it had it heavily dealt with the theme of speed. and i think the loading screen may have had an exhaust pipe spewing out flames or it was a blue/purl bar fueling up with green goo or blue nitrous.

All i probably could remember would be the first track where it had some loops in it and i think when u went on one the camera angle changes to an outward angle and goes back to third person after the loop is done. other than that i think you could have jumped with the car as well (Not very sure with this one so take it with a grain of salt). the car i think i remember choosing was purple as well with green flames. the cars were very similar to rollercages and nitro stunt racing. the game may have been a download and play game like Arial fire and games as such (not sure if this is accurate but its a just in case).any help or suggestions would be great please and thank you

And if anyone else may know this other game it is a side view game that plays like another world and blackthorne. i mainly remember you playing as a human while teaming up with an armored alien and you start off on a ledge. i saw a clip on youtube and cant seem to find it back. i cant remember if it was the human you played as or the alien (that looks like an ogre) but if no one can dind it then its ok, was really hoping to find it back. cause i remember it so well but when i google for games similar to anotherworld or blackthorne it dosnt come up

Meximagician

Elite Member
Apr 5, 2014
Country
United States
Rhion Kendall said:
i am also looking for a racing game that looks and plays like rollercage series and track mania but it isnt those. the closest that i have come to find was Nitro stunt racing but it is not it. i remember it being more cartoony than stunt racing. my memory of it is very vague. the name of it may have had nitro or turbo in its name, i cannot remember. all i remember is that it had it heavily dealt with the theme of speed. and i think the loading screen may have had an exhaust pipe spewing out flames or it was a blue/purl bar fueling up with green goo or blue nitrous.

All i probably could remember would be the first track where it had some loops in it and i think when u went on one the camera angle changes to an outward angle and goes back to third person after the loop is done. other than that i think you could have jumped with the car as well (Not very sure with this one so take it with a grain of salt). the car i think i remember choosing was purple as well with green flames. the cars were very similar to rollercages and nitro stunt racing. the game may have been a download and play game like Arial fire and games as such (not sure if this is accurate but its a just in case).any help or suggestions would be great please and thank you

And if anyone else may know this other game it is a side view game that plays like another world and blackthorne. i mainly remember you playing as a human while teaming up with an armored alien and you start off on a ledge. i saw a clip on youtube and cant seem to find it back. i cant remember if it was the human you played as or the alien (that looks like an ogre) but if no one can dind it then its ok, was really hoping to find it back. cause i remember it so well but when i google for games similar to anotherworld or blackthorne it dosnt come up
Not sure about the first game, but could the second one have been The Way or the sequel to Another World, Heart of the Alien?

Pixelhunter

Dec 21, 2014
Rhion Kendall said:
[...]
I'm kinda leaning towards "Hunter Hunted" (1996), with human and alien teaming up and such, but the alien wasn't armored and looked more like a minotaur.

Amine Souiki

Mar 12, 2019
Hello everyone,

I am looking for a game that I played when I was very young on windows 95. It was a plateformer, japanese I think, where you control a little boy. The game is very colorful and you could ride a white goose.

Thanks.

Rhion Kendall

Jun 18, 2013
RelativityMan said:
Rhion Kendall said:

Not sure about the first game, but could the second one have been The Way or the sequel to Another World, Heart of the Alien?
Sorry no and the way is a newer game, its an old one like another world and blackthorne

Rhion Kendall

Jun 18, 2013
Pixelhunter said:
Rhion Kendall said:
[...]
I'm kinda leaning towards "Hunter Hunted" (1996), with human and alien teaming up and such, but the alien wasn't armored and looked more like a minotaur.
defiantly not this one either, i think instead of them teaming up, you are in a prison and you release some and they help you in some way, i really cant remember. is that really all the side view games like another and blackthone? it may have been just another side view shooter with the alien (that look like the alien from another world) but the graphics was more snes like and less dos and he was wearing like a bracelet on his arm with red and blue or green colours, i hope this is helpful, trying to be as descriptive as possible and remember as much as i can

Mar 12, 2019
Hello, I'm searching for an old game, it was a 3rd person shooter, you were on a sort of alien world, you had a squad of 4(?) aliens, all humanoids, and you could choose their body size and color. I also remember that in this world there was mostly plants. Thanks if anyone could help me :)

Rhion Kendall

Jun 18, 2013
Rhion Kendall said:

The game that i found that was similar and that feels familiar was Stunt GP(2001) if anyone knows anything exact or similar to that please let me know. and revolt isnt one, i checked.

Pixelhunter

Dec 21, 2014
Gennaro Gianmarco Compare said:
Hello, I'm searching for an old game, it was a 3rd person shooter, you were on a sort of alien world, you had a squad of 4(?) aliens, all humanoids, and you could choose their body size and color. I also remember that in this world there was mostly plants. Thanks if anyone could help me :)
Maybe Evolva (2000).

Pixelhunter

Dec 21, 2014
Rhion Kendall said:
Pixelhunter said:
Rhion Kendall said:
[...]
defiantly not this one either, i think instead of them teaming up, you are in a prison and you release some and they help you in some way, i really cant remember. is that really all the side view games like another and blackthone? it may have been just another side view shooter with the alien (that look like the alien from another world) but the graphics was more snes like and less dos and he was wearing like a bracelet on his arm with red and blue or green colours, i hope this is helpful, trying to be as descriptive as possible and remember as much as i can
Hmm, there were a couple of similar games, "Another World" even had a direct sequel "Heart of the Alien" (1994) on console.
On PC there were games like "Flashback" (1992), the "Oddworld" games ("Abe's Oddysee" (1997) and "Abe's Exoddus" (1998)),
"Bermuda Syndrome" (1995) etc. but none of them has a matching protagonist and atm I can't remember anyone who does. :-D

Rhion Kendall

Jun 18, 2013
Pixelhunter said:
Rhion Kendall said:
Pixelhunter said:
Rhion Kendall said:
[...]
Hmm, there were a couple of similar games, "Another World" even had a direct sequel "Heart of the Alien" (1994) on console.
On PC there were games like "Flashback" (1992), the "Oddworld" games ("Abe's Oddysee" (1997) and "Abe's Exoddus" (1998)),
"Bermuda Syndrome" (1995) etc. but none of them has a matching protagonist and atm I can't remember anyone who does. :-D
its ok thank you so much for he attempt though. I guess it must have been a mistake on my part. I probably just mistook another game for something else, but thank you. cause i honestly cant find it either and i coulda sworn i saw it in a YouTube clip somewhere. it probably was nothing like those games and was more of just a side shooter.

Mar 14, 2019
Hey everyone! I'm in need of some major assistance! I'm look for a free PC game my friend and I played when we were younger. Pretty sure it was on freeworldgames.com but i can't remember the name! I'm almost positive it started with a B... but it was a puzzle/escape type of game. You were a grey, block man, in a black room with doors. An eye shows up every now and then. You collect these types that you kind of put together what happens in them at the end, you get them out of order, but you have to like almost watch your life? In types. It super weird but there were like two or maybe three games. I'd really love to find it again!

sinkerdude

Aug 31, 2017
Hey everyone. I have one.
So I can't remember much about this one, but here goes

So essentially you're a small golden robot eho starts in a run down shack in a desert(2D platformer with pre-rendered 3D graphics like in dk country if I remember correctly) where if you went to the side of the screen there was a pit. If you were to try jumping over a big claw-like worm would jump out and eat you.
I think it was on pc (I was like 3 or 4 when I played this, it was at a family friend's house)
That's about all I can remember. I hope someone knows the name. Thanks anyway

Meximagician

Elite Member
Apr 5, 2014
Country
United States
Janea Marie Castillo said:
Hey everyone! I'm in need of some major assistance! I'm look for a free PC game my friend and I played when we were younger. Pretty sure it was on freeworldgames.com but i can't remember the name! I'm almost positive it started with a B... but it was a puzzle/escape type of game. You were a grey, block man, in a black room with doors. An eye shows up every now and then. You collect these types that you kind of put together what happens in them at the end, you get them out of order, but you have to like almost watch your life? In types. It super weird but there were like two or maybe three games. I'd really love to find it again!
That would be Gateway II by struma. Some versions of Gateway and Gateway II, such as the ones on Newgrounds, no longer work, but the versions on kongregate still do. Also, do yourself a favor and tell the first game you've played it before, the only thing that does is skip the annoying tutorial prompts.

Pgray57

Jul 6, 2015
Country
United States
Hey guys, I remember playing a game on either the PS2 or on GameCube that was kinda a 2d platformer RTS where you would send units to to fight the other team and destroy their base. This game had like hero units that were elemental and that were in direct control of the player. One was a lightning unit that looked similar to the lightning guy from that one old Scooby Doo movie, and another was like a tornado guy. The only normal unit that I remember is a like musket unit that were like garden gnomes I think, or maybe they wore helmets that looked like mushroom tops, I cannot remember.

Clowkun

Jan 21, 2011
Okay, so here's a weird one. Should have been around the 90's, PC, I think it counted as an edutainment game. I'm pretty sure it had a time travel them, maybe with some sort of mad scientist mascot. I know it collection of activities/minigames, the ones that stick out the most to me involve playing as an amoeba, attacking the others until only your primordial ooze is left "Standing." A game where you play as a beaver, linking and building twigs into a dam, playing some sort of scrabble game with cavemen, and doing some sort of future slot car game where you had to make future hover slot cars loop around a track without crashing into each other. I know there were a few other games to play, but those are what I recall most strongly.

ChaoticJack

Jul 1, 2017
Country
United States
Hey guys,

I'm looking for a game, hellishly old, 1990s - 1998. A platform game involving a basic character with black hair. Pretty sure the character's name is Bill, but unsure. It had an overworld where you could select a level and move to it. An enemy I remember distinctly was a Caterpillar and one of the upgrades was a hammer. I can't remember much on it other than you were trying to rush through the level. I've scoured everywhere for so long and still yield no results.