Old Games you remember playing but can't remember the name of.

Meximagician

Elite Member
Apr 5, 2014
Country
United States
Clowkun said:
Okay, so here's a weird one. Should have been around the 90's, PC, I think it counted as an edutainment game. I'm pretty sure it had a time travel them, maybe with some sort of mad scientist mascot. I know it collection of activities/minigames, the ones that stick out the most to me involve playing as an amoeba, attacking the others until only your primordial ooze is left "Standing." A game where you play as a beaver, linking and building twigs into a dam, playing some sort of scrabble game with cavemen, and doing some sort of future slot car game where you had to make future hover slot cars loop around a track without crashing into each other. I know there were a few other games to play, but those are what I recall most strongly.
That would be The Time Warp of Dr. Brain

Mar 14, 2019
RelativityMan said:
Janea Marie Castillo said:
Hey everyone! I'm in need of some major assistance! I'm look for a free PC game my friend and I played when we were younger. Pretty sure it was on freeworldgames.com but i can't remember the name! I'm almost positive it started with a B... but it was a puzzle/escape type of game. You were a grey, block man, in a black room with doors. An eye shows up every now and then. You collect these types that you kind of put together what happens in them at the end, you get them out of order, but you have to like almost watch your life? In types. It super weird but there were like two or maybe three games. I'd really love to find it again!
That would be Gateway II by struma. Some versions of Gateway and Gateway II, such as the ones on Newgrounds, no longer work, but the versions on kongregate still do. Also, do yourself a favor and tell the first game you've played it before, the only thing that does is skip the annoying tutorial prompts.

YOU'RE A LIFESAVER!! Thank you so very much!

Fir3

Aug 22, 2012
Fir3 said:
Fir3 said:
Fir3 said:
Fir3 said:
I believe i played this Pc game Rts around 2004-2006,it is similar to starcraft.
It had 2 or 3 races if i'm right,one was some humanoid-aliens,other was some robots.
I remember that the robots had a special ability of their resource colectors that they wouldn't have to go back to town center to return the resources,they were using their hands as pipes to go underground and come to surface near town center to transfer the resources.
I think minerals was the main resources.
I even have a pic i took with my cellphone at that time - the main menu of the game,similar to starcraft main menu.
I remember it was the demo version that i played.
I spent a long time without luck searching in RTSC Rts Game List and IGN Games List
I will search in other Directories too,i won't give up.
4 years later still searching for it.
Had another flashback of another potential resource being lumber.
I looked entry by entry with no luck on http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chronology_of_real-time_strategy_video_games (even looking on older games since i don't know the game release time, only the time period i played it)
What i suspect is the game might have been cancelled after release. The version i played was definitely a demo version since i remember only 1 map or skirmish mission was available or something like that.
And the pic above might not be exactly the main menu, maybe it was the pause menu when you press Escape.
Still searching for it.

Darren555

Oct 1, 2017
Darren555 said:
Okay i got this game and cant get on the name i did it when i was small like 10/14 years ago or so.
Okay you begin in a huge room/tribe you had a own house there were 5 other AI you could have truce/ally/war with them , and in the middle of the tribe room you had like a shop , your bank (i believe) and missions or something like that , and if you went in war you need to destroy there huge stone/crystal . You could loot thier chest if you kill them . You also could hire people to protect your home/house .And you go to the other rooms there were monsters/creatures that harm you but jf you kill them you get loot from them.(bit like RuneScape systeem [for loot]).
You you could go further and further in together room to gain better loot.

edit|PC game early 2000 game rpg game it is 3D

Gabrielsbelli

Aug 15, 2015
Hey guys

So, I think this is gonna be pretty hard for me to explain and a little vague, because the game was crazy and strange, and I was young, but here we go

All I remeber was playing this game back in 2007 or 6, or even earlier, it was a bombing game for pc (believe I found it on a cd-rom, and it was very different from any game I've seen), it had this dark blue background, and the brickwalls were blue too (but you could change the color), the view was from above, and you controlled a smiling ball (that could be blue, yellow, pink or green I think), you could pick up power ups that helped or not (some would make your explosion go further, other would spawn a enemy black ball that would try to kill you) there were enemies like slimy purple things, also I remeber there was a timer for the levels, and the levels were finite, I don't remember the goal, if was to pick up something or enter a portal in the middle of the level, or was to destroy all enemies (believe it was the first option), you could play with a friend that would choose anorther ball with different collor, if you were successfull, a message appeared giving your congratulations or something like that, and the screen would be filled with the smilling balls, one by one, if you didn't close the message, there was music too, like from a violin. I think when you opened the game the name would appear with an effect of going out of the screen making a dramatic sound, and the backscreen was like matrix, with purple lines. If it helps, I remeber that in the same cd-rom there was the demo for zulu assault too, along with a version of arkanoid that I've never seen, and a bunch of other games.

I know this was the worst description for a game, but seriously, that's all I remember, and in the way I remember, so this is it.

Meximagician

Elite Member
Apr 5, 2014
Country
United States
Gabrielsbelli said:
Hey guys

So, I think this is gonna be pretty hard for me to explain and a little vague, because the game was crazy and strange, and I was young, but here we go

All I remeber was playing this game back in 2007 or 6, or even earlier, it was a bombing game for pc (believe I found it on a cd-rom, and it was very different from any game I've seen), it had this dark blue background, and the brickwalls were blue too (but you could change the color), the view was from above, and you controlled a smiling ball (that could be blue, yellow, pink or green I think), you could pick up power ups that helped or not (some would make your explosion go further, other would spawn a enemy black ball that would try to kill you) there were enemies like slimy purple things, also I remeber there was a timer for the levels, and the levels were finite, I don't remember the goal, if was to pick up something or enter a portal in the middle of the level, or was to destroy all enemies (believe it was the first option), you could play with a friend that would choose anorther ball with different collor, if you were successfull, a message appeared giving your congratulations or something like that, and the screen would be filled with the smilling balls, one by one, if you didn't close the message, there was music too, like from a violin. I think when you opened the game the name would appear with an effect of going out of the screen making a dramatic sound, and the backscreen was like matrix, with purple lines. If it helps, I remeber that in the same cd-rom there was the demo for zulu assault too, along with a version of arkanoid that I've never seen, and a bunch of other games.

I know this was the worst description for a game, but seriously, that's all I remember, and in the way I remember, so this is it.
That was probably the 1995 game Dstroy, which later got a remake with the same name in 2006.

Gabrielsbelli

Aug 15, 2015
RelativityMan said:
Gabrielsbelli said:
Hey guys

That was probably the 1995 game Dstroy, which later got a remake with the same name in 2006.
It is a good shot but it's not it, the map wasn't that big and the art was different (was simple, but different from any bomberman or bomberman variant), also the ball didn't have feet, and they were smilling.

Yaniv Nagar

Mar 27, 2019
Hello all, trying to find a name of a game I played years ago, and it's been bugging me for weeks!!!

I THINK it was a match 3 game, with a plot, there was a hunter female hero, and you could choose which way to go in the plot (it had a hand drawn graphics of a forest or whatever, and you could choose directions).
later on you could hatch eggs, or acquire animals that were some kind of power ups in the game itself like beetle, eagle etc.

Storyline had something like "You hear a scream 'Ahh leave me alone!'" and the you go and save someone there...

And no, it's not puzzle quest :)

Hope someone can remember it,

Thanks!

Farcry Beast

Jul 12, 2013
Tricky one!

I remember playing this game in the late 90's, early 2000. It was a 2D sideview, like Mario or Sonic and you could play at least to characters: a viking/dwarf like warrior with a red beard and viking helmet with horns and a huge axe or a wizard with a white/grey beard and blue robes if I remember correctly. You needed to do some minor platforming and at some level your enemies were skeletons.

Meximagician

Elite Member
Apr 5, 2014
Country
United States
Farcry Beast said:
Tricky one!

I remember playing this game in the late 90's, early 2000. It was a 2D sideview, like Mario or Sonic and you could play at least to characters: a viking/dwarf like warrior with a red beard and viking helmet with horns and a huge axe or a wizard with a white/grey beard and blue robes if I remember correctly. You needed to do some minor platforming and at some level your enemies were skeletons.
Could that have been one of the games in the Brave Dwarves series?

Farcry Beast

Jul 12, 2013
RelativityMan said:
Farcry Beast said:
Tricky one!

Could that have been one of the games in the Brave Dwarves series?
It sure looks a lot like what I've got stuck in my head, very plausible! I'm going to check for more info about these games but it's very possible this might be it, thanks a lot! I'll keep you updated once I've checked them out.

tipuvlad22

Jan 7, 2018
A pretty old android game, it was turn based and every character attack was a reflex/timing mini-game. The graphics were really good, the style was cartoonish. Also all the characters had a really big head compared with the rest of the body.
Edit: It's called World of Warriors, don't know how to delete my post :)), maybe someone else will need it.
Edit 2: Sadly the game was terminated on 5th of October 2018, R.I.P.

The Ssn

Sep 19, 2014
The Ssn said:
The Ssn said:
I search in many sites but i cant find it out. Hope you guys can do it.
This game is very similar to Blood Bowl: sport, bloody, players wear armors, but there're many differenences:
- It's a turn-based game.
- The goal is kill all opponents, you use keyboard to control your players damage opponent's players by throwing a ball. If a player take many hits, his armor will broken. I remember AI killed my players with single hit, a headshot..
- You can't move your players, just throw a ball to kill.
That what i remember...
Can anyone..? :(

Repost my post, hope anyone can help me to find this game, one of my first childhood PC games ... :(
I return to this thread after many years, to find my lost game. Please!
i PLAYED this game in around 2002-2004 so it must be released some year before..

ColePfeiffer

Feb 11, 2017
Alright folks, back at it again, I tried this once a while ago, hopefully somebody recognizes the game I search for.

Its a game about a ghost at a cemetery/graveyard place.
I have a feeling the ghost looks like Casper but I don't think its a casper game.
I believe it was like a 3D top down game.
Exists on PC, released between 2000-2008?
The cover art was like a cemetery gate with the ghost next to or in front of it at night iirc
It was set at night and I'm not quite sure, but I think you play as the ghost doing random things in the cemetery/graveyard.

I was only a kid when I played this and just can't remember what it was called, if it helps, I live in Sweden so chances are it
wasn't known outside of here.

xzorbakx

Sep 6, 2016
Hello,i remeber i used to play a game at the year 2006 on my old pc (the game probaly was made earlier than that) it was a 2d scrolling shooter game , that u play with some sort of guy that shoots enemies ,and the bosses was some kind of huge warlord i remember also that some of the enemies was wearing ninja suits , also while on the game u meet merchant that sell u pieces of the exact ninja suit enemies are wearing expet for 1 missing part , and on the end of the game u reunite (either old man and his daughter or a man and his wife not sure sorry) and also get your final reweard whic is the last ninja suit piece , whic unlocks hard ninja mode where u can replay the game with only using the ninja suit weapon whic was gray projectors (could be shurkiens too ) , (the game also look like the andriod game dash quest ) i hope any one remeber it , thanks in advance

Meximagician

Elite Member
Apr 5, 2014
Country
United States
The Ssn said:
The Ssn said:
The Ssn said:
This game is very similar to Blood Bowl: sport, bloody, players wear armors, but there're many differenences:
- The goal is kill all opponents, you use keyboard to control your players damage opponent's players by throwing a ball. If a player take many hits, his armor will broken. I remember AI killed my players with single hit, a headshot..
That what i remember...

Repost my post, hope anyone can help me to find this game, one of my first childhood PC games ... :(
i PLAYED this game in around 2002-2004 so it must be released some year before..
Total shot in the dark, could it have been Chaos League?

The Ssn

Sep 19, 2014
RelativityMan said:
The Ssn said:
The Ssn said:
The Ssn said:
That what i remember...

Total shot in the dark, could it have been Chaos League?
No.. Thanks anyway. I searched for year and it's not about football, rugby.

John

Oct 2, 2017
Country
Russia
Triyng in second time to find the game:

I'm searching one retro game( sorry, can be wrong in details): isometric rts when your need to defend the town from enemy big mechwarrior-like robots by your robots. You can send your robots and they flies to choosed destination. Also, this is multi-window game, you see enemies in separate window. I think this is end of 90s game

So the key points:
-Isometric rts
-Multi-window
-Defend the town by flying robots
-The game of ending of 90s or beginning 00s

Mavi Flair

Apr 2, 2019
How come no one know this game's name? Sweet Jesus!

There was an old third person tactical game where we could switch between the soldiers in the game.

Also, we could choose them, choose their weapon, check their skill in that rank, etc. But we was doing this things before we getting into the map. We could control whoever we want after started the game.

Squad number was 4-5 i think. It was an old soldier game as far as i remember.

I need this game so bad..

The Ssn

Sep 19, 2014
Mavi Flair said:
How come no one know this game's name? Sweet Jesus!

There was an old third person tactical game where we could switch between the soldiers in the game.

Also, we could choose them, choose their weapon, check their skill in that rank, etc. But we was doing this things before we getting into the map. We could control whoever we want after started the game.

Squad number was 4-5 i think. It was an old soldier game as far as i remember.

I need this game so bad..
Need more information, plafform? Year? Theme?
TRy: Spec Ops Covert Assault.