Old Games you remember playing but can't remember the name of.

Jake Bee

Apr 4, 2019
Hello,

Im looking for one game. I think it would be hard to find. I was playing game maybe 1999-2003.
I remember playing it on my old computer running on win95. Im not sure if it was MsDos game or it was some kind of flash game.
I remember that quality was like made in "paint" software But not THAT bad comparing to these days flash games playable online.

*It was 2D point n click game.
*Third person gameplay
*Horror genre or mystery
*In game was spooky music

You play as teenager (name of the boy could be Andy or Sam, he had brown hair) who woke up in house with amnesia or afterparty hangover. And he need to get out from house at firs place and find girl - crush or girlfriend not sure.

After few moments playing I remember that you found her house. You needed to pass trough the barking dog to the house, right to her room. Passage was trough the window. After calming dog with bone or something.
Then you needed to search for items in her room.
Those are just few things that I remember... finding clues to find her.

Next what I remember was creature/beast in well or just hole outside maybe in forest. You look down and creature was able to talk to you somehow.

I think that you had map with locations where you can go and search for items/clues. I dont remember the full plot of this game, all I can say it was "dark".

Games that are not:

Hugo's House of Horrors (graphics wasnt that bad - not that pixelated)
Maniac Mansion - (characters was taller compared to display)

I have never completed the game, sometimes I remember how played it and asked uncle for hints. It could be 15 years ago.

Thank you for help.
PS: sorry for my english

SeveralButts

Jan 21, 2015
Hey there everyone, I just wanted to know if someone could help me on my nostalgia trip, there was a game I played a lot as a kid it was an early 2000's game. The hubworld was in a tree, but not like in a treehouse, like the tree WAS the house and there were rooms inside, there were a lot of minigames including some archery game where you could shoot targets and balloons. The characters mostly consisted of small dragons i think and an old wizardy guy.

Sarah Doody

Apr 9, 2019
I've been searching for this game off and on for a little bit. It was something we would play in the junior high robotics class when we ran out of other things to do. I remember there were bugs but they may have been robot bugs, and they came in different colours. I believe it was a puzzle game with coding elements but I could be mistaken on the last part. I remember it was puzzle-based though. It was like you had to get the bug things from point A to point B and you had to get the right colour to the right place. The graphics were pretty simple, it was like top down view, 2D, the background was gray. That's all I can remember at this time. :/

Tan Anh Tran

Jan 30, 2014
Guys help me find 2 games i played when i was a kid.

First one is like 10 years ago.

its an action RPG game

The game is in 3d. (may be)

there are nations or empires. a lot of corlor, we can ally with other to become stronger and maybe betray them later.

there is a loot system just like diablo but enemies spawn more and more loots

main character is king or something. lead a bunch of people to fight (same color)

a "love and hate" system between nations (idr)

a lot of side quest ( i guess)

its not like a "campain" game but more like a custom map game.

The main quest is to capture or destroy all of other nations (empire ?)

Second one is an assassine creed game like.

More like strategy game than action RPG

we lead 4 people. do quests like capture or kill or silent kill,

there are hover cars in the game.

there are cilivians in city. gangs and a lot of people.

every time start a game, we chose weapons or other equiptments for 4 characters.

we could chose 1 or 2 or 4 people to control at a same time.

tthe gamee set in future timeline

there are quality systems high or lower performent make the game looks like potato.

there are robots loook like spider.

Infiltrate houses or use other ways to do the quest.

alot of guns.

i dont know if it was 3d or 2d. Sorry !

thats all i could remember. Please help me find those memories back !

Tan Anh Tran

Jan 30, 2014
Darren555 said:
Darren555 said:
Okay i got this game and cant get on the name i did it when i was small like 10/14 years ago or so.
Okay you begin in a huge room/tribe you had a own house there were 5 other AI you could have truce/ally/war with them , and in the middle of the tribe room you had like a shop , your bank (i believe) and missions or something like that , and if you went in war you need to destroy there huge stone/crystal . You could loot thier chest if you kill them . You also could hire people to protect your home/house .And you go to the other rooms there were monsters/creatures that harm you but jf you kill them you get loot from them.(bit like RuneScape systeem [for loot]).
You you could go further and further in together room to gain better loot.

edit|PC game early 2000 game rpg game it is 3D
YOUR LOOKS LIKE MINE

First one is like 10 years ago.

its an action RPG game

The game is in 3d. (may be)

there are nations or empires. a lot of corlor, we can ally with other to become stronger and maybe betray them later.

there is a loot system just like diablo but enemies spawn more and more loots

main character is king or something. lead a bunch of people to fight (same color)

a "love and hate" system between nations (idr)

a lot of side quest ( i guess)

its not like a "campain" game but more like a custom map game.

The main quest is to capture or destroy all of other nations (empire ?)

Tan Anh Tran

Jan 30, 2014
Darren555 said:
Darren555 said:
Okay i got this game and cant get on the name i did it when i was small like 10/14 years ago or so.
Okay you begin in a huge room/tribe you had a own house there were 5 other AI you could have truce/ally/war with them , and in the middle of the tribe room you had like a shop , your bank (i believe) and missions or something like that , and if you went in war you need to destroy there huge stone/crystal . You could loot thier chest if you kill them . You also could hire people to protect your home/house .And you go to the other rooms there were monsters/creatures that harm you but jf you kill them you get loot from them.(bit like RuneScape systeem [for loot]).
You you could go further and further in together room to gain better loot.

edit|PC game early 2000 game rpg game it is 3D
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Depths+of+Peril+

I FOUND THE GOD DAMMN GAME TOPOOOK ME LIKE ********* 5 YEARSSSSSSSSS !!!!!!!!!

xzorbakx

Sep 6, 2016
xzorbakx said:
Hello,i remeber i used to play a game at the year 2006 on my old pc (the game probaly was made earlier than that) it was a 2d scrolling shooter game , that u play with some sort of guy that shoots enemies ,and the bosses was some kind of huge warlord i remember also that some of the enemies was wearing ninja suits , also while on the game u meet merchant that sell u pieces of the exact ninja suit enemies are wearing expet for 1 missing part , and on the end of the game u reunite (either old man and his daughter or a man and his wife not sure sorry) and also get your final reweard whic is the last ninja suit piece , whic unlocks hard ninja mode where u can replay the game with only using the ninja suit weapon whic was gray projectors (could be shurkiens too ) , (the game also look like the andriod game dash quest ) i hope any one remeber it , thanks in advance
Hello , i still dont remeber the game but i found really similar game if that helps any one to recognise it , it looks like the game (pathway ) in almost everything , the shopping , the inventory ,expect i remeber it was free shooting without aim at specific monster and not turn based fighting

nick0

Aug 23, 2013
Hi guys,

I`m searching for a PS1 or PS2 game

There are 2 main characters (you can play the second one later in the game)

At first you got to play a male human

At the second part you have to play someone from another species and he finds an animal which counts as a delicacy for them but he takes care of it and much later their king (which is your companion for some time) eats that pet

I remember that it has a world map

I believe that it is a turn-based(not sure) fantasy game

I don`t remember much more but I`m sure if I see the name or the cover that I remember the game.

Thank you very much in advance.

Laura Kearns

Apr 14, 2019
EDIT: NVM I FIGURED IT OUT IT'S CALLED BEYOND TIME....idk how i can forget that one >.<
https://www.amazon.com/Beyond-Time-PC/dp/B00002SFM9

So a friend and i were talking about PC games we grew up with and that reminded me of this one game.\

~PC game from the Late 1990s Early 2000s
~Locations were all over the world in history but you started out in Egypt
~Time Travel was involved in the beginning
~It was a Puzzle Solving game
~Graphics seemed realistic to almost lifelike (at least back then it did XD)
~The part i was in there was literally no one there but maybe the Egyptian Gods and Goddesses and even then they didnt show up unless you solved a certain Puzzle (i could also be wrong on this.)

Explaination:

~It's cover art had a Egyptian Cat Statue on it with i think a gate (i could be wrong on that but i know for sure the cat was black) and it was about artifacts going missing all over the world.
~Well you go to Egypt to an Excavation site then somehow go back in time to before the Temple (it seemed like one to me) was lost to the ages.
In it you had to solve super hard puzzles. One involved a table with snakes drawn on it. Plus I always go stuck in the first part of the game. Could never figure out how to get across the Nile. >.<

~That's all i can remember besides learning much about Egypt and just being obsessed with it at one point cause me and my sister never could get across the Nile. >.< I had found it once before but just kinda lost it again....

~No it's not "Where in Time is Carmen" Game as I have actually played the crap out of that game growing up. Also it's not "Lost in Time" As that was what reminded me of this game.

ChaoticJack

Jul 1, 2017
Country
United States
Phone game.

It was a Pixelated retro style game. It was rng choice based, the color scheme was dark shades of green and black. You were climbing a tower (I think) and had to reach the top and defeat the boss. It was medieval and a decent challenge. I can't remember what device it was for. Either iPhone or Android.

Soham Mukhopadhyay

Apr 23, 2019
It was a Windows game.

There was a spaceship like thing you need to navigate through a maze like area and shoot incoming enemies (all 2D, camera from top). As far as I remember all enemies were robots, few with long 4-6 legs. There were crates placed here and there. You need to destroy the boxes to get different ammos/missiles to get through the level. The levels ends when the spacecraft reaches a particular landing pod like area. I remember that I used to play Road Rash during that time as well.

Anyone?

AwesomeWunderbar

Jul 31, 2012
I have a game that I could never figure out what it was called. I never knew the name I only ever watched someone play it. I only know one quest/scene from it.

So the main character is a guy and the girl he loves has been kidnapped, I think, and he's going through this castle looking for her, but there's like, flesh all over the castle. When he/you finally get to get she's somehow fused with the flesh castle and you have to kill her. The scene after this is your character mourning and the party as well and the girl you killed had a sister who is in your party.

That's all I can remember from it. I think it was for the ps2.

BerinHardt

Sep 19, 2009
Oyster Syndicate said:
Hello Everyone,

Okay, I am like the rest here. I only made this account just for this game :D. The problem is, I don't really remember much information ._. . Anyway, I used to play it on windows 98 or XP, but most likely 98.

Here is what I remember:
I think the objective of the game was to clear levels. You used to play with a small yellow character, can't remember the shape, but I think it was like a ball or an egg. You used props in the level to help you clear it. I also remember a propeller hat being one of those props. You could also construct your own levels if I am not mistaken.

^Sorry for the shallow information, but that's all what I remember. And of course, I remember it was amazing :D .
I've been reading this thread for almost the first 400 pages looking for this same game. There are a couple more posts that may refer to the same game.

+ Yellow round big-eyed characters
+ Isometric view, simple pixelart graphics
+ Puzzle solving, leave the level mechanics
+ The goal was to get the guy to the baloon or helicopter hat
+ the guy would get drunk or pissed and wander around trying to break the ballons
+ I kind of remember he falling asleep on the ground from time to time

the game is BLUPIMANIA

Filip Carina

Jun 18, 2017
Please help me,it's a click point game 3rd person game detective/adventure/horror game there is a guy with blonde hair with a brown jacket and i think he has a goatee and in the beginning the guy and his friend order a pizza while a girl is running away from kidnappers into your office.Then the door is locked and you have to figure out a way to get out of there with the girl. You eventually get to the rooftop and there are more missions after that but we can't remember that well. At one point you are at the butcher shop and I think that the point of that mission was to prove that someone was killing people. The last thing I remember was a mission where you tried to get into a castle but we stopped playing then. We played it on PC,it had a long intro every time you went into the game,iirc it was about a lady that was hung and in pain. We played it in 2012 i think.I hope you can help me now.

BerinHardt

Sep 19, 2009
Filip Carina said:
Please help me,it's a click point game 3rd person game detective/adventure/horror game there is a guy with blonde hair with a brown jacket and i think he has a goatee and in the beginning the guy and his friend order a pizza while a girl is running away from kidnappers into your office.Then the door is locked and you have to figure out a way to get out of there with the girl. You eventually get to the rooftop and there are more missions after that but we can't remember that well. At one point you are at the butcher shop and I think that the point of that mission was to prove that someone was killing people. The last thing I remember was a mission where you tried to get into a castle but we stopped playing then. We played it on PC,it had a long intro every time you went into the game,iirc it was about a lady that was hung and in pain. We played it in 2012 i think.I hope you can help me now.
sounds like broken sword 3 to me

dre10g

Jun 28, 2016
Behnam.RK47 said:
I was remembering my childhood and then this one game got stuck in my head, his icon was a Blue Butterfly. I couldn't play since i got the Windows XP Update (Mistakes were made) i didn't know the Compatible Mode because i was a child...

- I played at around 2002-2003 (Bought a magazine with CD in my country that got this game, not sure if it was PC GAMER or not)

Some of the aspects of the game are:

- You start at a house that gets wrecked by some robot (wich is the boss of the stage)

- The first boss is a Robot Orange (or red) fish

- The second boss is a Robot Yellow Armadillo

- You can recruit soldiers

- there was WC cabins that you could save game by going in them

- It's a platform shooter game that has some Mechs

- You can recruit soldiers, robots and people

Please help, my childhood needs you guys!
Handkerchief?
https://youtu.be/u65GuE901bg?t=97

Meximagician

Elite Member
Apr 5, 2014
Country
United States
AwesomeWunderbar said:
I have a game that I could never figure out what it was called. I never knew the name I only ever watched someone play it. I only know one quest/scene from it.

So the main character is a guy and the girl he loves has been kidnapped, I think, and he's going through this castle looking for her, but there's like, flesh all over the castle. When he/you finally get to get she's somehow fused with the flesh castle and you have to kill her. The scene after this is your character mourning and the party as well and the girl you killed had a sister who is in your party.

Haven't played it myself, but some parts of the story sounds like Shadow Hearts.

AwesomeWunderbar

Jul 31, 2012
RelativityMan said:
AwesomeWunderbar said:

Haven't played it myself, but some parts of the story sounds like Shadow Hearts.
I've played Shadow Hearts myself and it wasn't that game. The graphics from what I remember were more... Like dragon quest kinda? Not the exact style but the characters avatars were smaller and in a more 'cute' style.