Old Games you remember playing but can't remember the name of.

Jess Rollin

Apr 30, 2019
This has been driving me crazy so I'm hoping I remember enough to trigger someone's mind.

I believe it was a PC game that took place at a monks temple? You are trying to master your mind or something like that. Couldn't give you a time frame.

There are logical puzzles that you must complete. The two that I really remember are:

A barrel rolling game.
-You start off looking down at a grid. On the grid is a wooden barrel that has an arrow on it. On another spot of the grid is a picture of an arrow. you then have to flip/roll the barrel from you starting block, to the end block and match up the arrows. So if the end block has a picture of an arrow facing to the right, your barrels arrow must be facing right when it lands on that block. You are only allotted so many moves to make it work.

A koi carp numbers game?
I don't remember this game too much. Just that you're on a red wooden bridge over looking a stream and there are koi fish under you swimming. I feel like they might have numbers on the fish and you have to pick them in order from low to high OOORRR they are swimming in one direction but their heads are pointed in another and you need to use the keyboard to pick which way they are SWIMMING.

Last thing I remember about this game is there is a "wisdom" tree or something and it has four sections with different colors. Red, Green, Blue and Yellow I think. Anyways, for each mini game you win, it grows this tree so like, the barrel would be logic and red on the tree is logic so the red side of the tree will grow and then the fish game might have to do with focus so when you win that it will grow the yellow side of the tree which is focus. This is how you keep track of what areas of the brain you need to work at vs which areas you don't.

Anyways, that's all I can remember. I feel like it might have been a 3D game because I remember the graphics were good.

Hopefully someone can help!!

Karolis Skromanas

May 1, 2019
Hi all I had a 2000 game with tanks where there was only black but barely slippery, you see your tank and it can control and fight before the other tanks red green purple and blue there were different powers, and it was possible to expand and play the game and ps1 ask me to find out.

qweewqqwe

Mar 27, 2018
qweewqqwe said:
SexyBurrito said:
Hello.
I'm lookging for a game I used to play when I was a child. The character was a pikachu lookalike (it's not pokemon D: ). It had more levels and every like 5 level had a different theme. Any help would be appreciated.
Mine has a pikachu lookalike protagonist, pink I think, is a maze game where the character STACKS RUBIES on his head and creates a funny column of them if you carry too much rubies
The camera and levels were sort of like this
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQCN1a_y9sq_zOl0KMkNMLraClKHr1G-I1Mk1ANvSq0whre6_-t
But with walls instead of empty spaces
bump and clarify it's a PC game from the later 90s or early 00s

May 2, 2019
Hello.
Im looking for a game that i played in my Win98 PC around that year i think.
-The game was a Beat`em up/side scroller type.
-You have three characters that u can alternate.
-A baseball, footbal and a hockey player.
-You had to fight against zombies or gangs?
I don`t remember much more,i was about 10 years old, hope u can help me thanks.

Rajab Suri

May 2, 2019
Hi everyone,
The game I am looking for and hope somebody else here has played was a point-click and had a more dark-fantasy tone to it.

There was this FROG like character with BIG EYES whose sole mission would be using his EXTREMELY STRETCHY TONGUE to SWING and get the golden coins placed all over the background, (Background had trees?) one misstep and the character would fall to the ground skipping all the progress of that particular mission, had to repeat all the steps again.

***TIP: It was around 2009-2010 that I had played this game and many others, along with games like Machinarium, but I am not sure if they were all released on the same year.

Meximagician

Elite Member
Apr 5, 2014
Country
United States
Adrian Rivas Latapie said:
Hello.
It's a strange title, but could that have been Three Dirty Dwarves?

Christopher Conlan

May 3, 2019
Looking for a game which I only had the demo of, but I played several times because I really enjoyed it, either on the original Xbox or the Xbox 360 (sorry, I can't quite remember which).

- It was basically a flying game, sort of futuristic, I'm pretty sure they were like spaceships but not in space. The environment was like a sunny area.

- It felt somewhat open, like I was told go here and do this, then here and do that. The pilot was talking to someone over the radio, and there was obviously some sort of narrative going on.

- I can remember the pilot exiting the ship while it was on a platform but I can't remember if this was in-game or a cut-scene.

- The pilot had the ability to go into slow motion. Towards the end of the demo you're flying through a canyon/tunnel and there's lots of falling rocks which you use the slow-mo to evade.

Please help! Every couple of years I'm reminded of this game and I go looking for it to no avail. For some reason screenshots Starlink: Battle for Atlas Game me think of it again just now.

Meximagician

Elite Member
Apr 5, 2014
Country
United States
Christopher Conlan said:
Looking for a game which I only had the demo of, but I played several times because I really enjoyed it, either on the original Xbox or the Xbox 360 (sorry, I can't quite remember which).

- It was basically a flying game, sort of futuristic, I'm pretty sure they were like spaceships but not in space. The environment was like a sunny area.

- It felt somewhat open, like I was told go here and do this, then here and do that. The pilot was talking to someone over the radio, and there was obviously some sort of narrative going on.

- I can remember the pilot exiting the ship while it was on a platform but I can't remember if this was in-game or a cut-scene.

- The pilot had the ability to go into slow motion. Towards the end of the demo you're flying through a canyon/tunnel and there's lots of falling rocks which you use the slow-mo to evade.

Please help! Every couple of years I'm reminded of this game and I go looking for it to no avail. For some reason screenshots Starlink: Battle for Atlas Game me think of it again just now.
That is more than likely Sine Mora, or possibly Zeit[sup]2[/sup]. I also looked at Yager for the original Xbox, but didn't see any slow motion stuff.

goofykirby

Jun 7, 2017
I unfortunately can't remember much, but here goes. Its a game that takes place at an isometric angle, I remember that you play as a character on top of some sort of spinning top, jumping on rounded platforms connected to the ground, and that there's a level with a circus tent in it. Its probably an early-mid 2000s game downloaded from some website that I can't remember.

digidv85

Oct 14, 2017
Hey everyone. I found this thread through a Google search and figured I might as well try my luck here. I was over at a friend's home in the 90's when they showed me this game. I believe it ran either on DOS or Windows 95 since it was on the PC. They first showed me the original Doom so it was around that timeline. It was a point-and-click game that I believe was a shareware title. You played as a Native American tribe member who starts out in her apartment. You're free to leave and explore other areas by clicking on them through a citywide map system. Some of the places you could explore were a park, a subway and an XXX club but that required you to purchase the full game which made me believe it was a free demo.

If you went to the subway station you'd come across a man harassing a young kid. There's nothing you can do to interfere at the moment. But if you went back to your apartment and called someone on the phone and asked about weapons, you'd receive a crowbar. If you returned to the subway you'd have the option to use the crowbar on the thug thus killing him. The kid would run off without a word but you'd pick up a $100 bill from the dead punk. You then automatically leave the area for obvious implication reasons. At the park you'd find ''some old fart'' sitting on a bench. I remember trying to give the $100 bill to him but my character refused to do so. If you further went into the park you'd find a series of windows belonging to an apartment complex.

The game teased that you could act like a pervert and spy on the people doing somewhat adult things by teasing them behind a paywall. It would imply such things were going on that could only be unlocked to view by purchasing the full game. That's pretty much the extent of this demo and/or all I can remember at least. I've tried unsuccessfully to find this game for over two decades. No doubt with Doom being on the same PC, the game would've definitely been M-rated. Sadly a simple search on anything I mentioned has turned up empty. I'm not interested in so much playing it myself but I'd really like to put this mystery to a close. If anyone has information on this, please reply or contact me personally. Thanks.

Pixelhunter

Dec 21, 2014
Christopher Conlan said:

I'd also have a look at "Crimson Skies: High Road to Revenge" (2003).
Man, its predecessor on the PC is one of my all-time-favourites.

Vitor Vilhena

May 6, 2019
Hello guysm there is a game that i want a lot to know the name, since it was so fun.
its a pc game that i used to play at least ten years ago, were the 1 to 4 players (in the same pc) would be one marine, inside a army, fighting against tick aliens. the game graphics were kinda cute, and the camera was from above, so all the players could see in the same screen. the game had levels that we had to beat, like an open space invasion to defending a closed space against the incoming waves. Anyone could help?

May 2, 2019
RelativityMan said:
Adrian Rivas Latapie said:
Hello.
It's a strange title, but could that have been Three Dirty Dwarves?
Yea, that`s the game!.It's not like i remembered it but it is definitely that Thank you so much!

Meximagician

Elite Member
Apr 5, 2014
Country
United States
digidv85 said:
Hey everyone. I found this thread through a Google search and figured I might as well try my luck here. I was over at a friend's home in the 90's when they showed me this game. I believe it ran either on DOS or Windows 95 since it was on the PC. They first showed me the original Doom so it was around that timeline. It was a point-and-click game that I believe was a shareware title. You played as a Native American tribe member who starts out in her apartment. You're free to leave and explore other areas by clicking on them through a citywide map system. Some of the places you could explore were a park, a subway and an XXX club but that required you to purchase the full game which made me believe it was a free demo.

If you went to the subway station you'd come across a man harassing a young kid. There's nothing you can do to interfere at the moment. But if you went back to your apartment and called someone on the phone and asked about weapons, you'd receive a crowbar. If you returned to the subway you'd have the option to use the crowbar on the thug thus killing him. The kid would run off without a word but you'd pick up a $100 bill from the dead punk. You then automatically leave the area for obvious implication reasons. At the park you'd find ''some old fart'' sitting on a bench. I remember trying to give the $100 bill to him but my character refused to do so. If you further went into the park you'd find a series of windows belonging to an apartment complex.

The game teased that you could act like a pervert and spy on the people doing somewhat adult things by teasing them behind a paywall. It would imply such things were going on that could only be unlocked to view by purchasing the full game. That's pretty much the extent of this demo and/or all I can remember at least. I've tried unsuccessfully to find this game for over two decades. No doubt with Doom being on the same PC, the game would've definitely been M-rated. Sadly a simple search on anything I mentioned has turned up empty. I'm not interested in so much playing it myself but I'd really like to put this mystery to a close. If anyone has information on this, please reply or contact me personally. Thanks.
That is definitely episode one of Blackstar: Agent of Justice. Both episodes are pretty short and easy enough to find on the web (if you know the name).

Rob Laser

May 8, 2019
Hey guys, I've been looking for a game for several years now, can't find a trace of it anywhere:

I used to play it on my grandfathers PC, must have been sometime in the 90s. Probably Win95, maybe even Win98 PC.
It was a 2D platform/jump'n'run game, where the main character was a ninja sort of guy. I'm thinking red suit and black hair, but might have been different. The screen did not scroll, but you would rather leave the screen on the right and enter the next screen on the left.
I never played very far in the game, but in the beginning I think you would walk through a castle. I remember that you could fight knights and enter caves (or maybe cellars) through doors, in which you were attacked by bats as well. There was some kind of special move, a karate-style jump kick where the character would shout "hi-ya!". There was a health bar at the top of the screen which consisted of quite a lot of little vertical bars, which depleted for taking damage from right to left. Every time the character took damage there was this loud buzzing noise.

Does this ring any bells? Thanks a lot!

Gethsemani_v1legacy

Oct 1, 2009
Tan Anh Tran said:
Second one is an assassine creed game like.

More like strategy game than action RPG

we lead 4 people. do quests like capture or kill or silent kill,

there are hover cars in the game.

there are cilivians in city. gangs and a lot of people.

every time start a game, we chose weapons or other equiptments for 4 characters.

we could chose 1 or 2 or 4 people to control at a same time.

tthe gamee set in future timeline

there are quality systems high or lower performent make the game looks like potato.

there are robots loook like spider.

Infiltrate houses or use other ways to do the quest.

alot of guns.

i dont know if it was 3d or 2d. Sorry !

thats all i could remember. Please help me find those memories back !
This sounds like Syndicate [https://www.gog.com/game/syndicate] or Syndicate Wars [https://www.gog.com/game/syndicate_wars].

residentout1

May 21, 2013
am trying to find an old flash game i play as a kid all i remember is that it was a make you own car game where you transport green squares that explode and may have been in black and white.

Alexander Anthony

May 9, 2019
I had an RPG on gameboy (though it may have been remastered from another console) where you start in a village, go north into some sort of shrine and fight the mandatory start-of-game boss, then when you return to the village no-one there remembers who you are.. I think when you return to the village it's gone from colour to b&w as well. If anyone has any ideas I'd be hugely appreciative!!

Daniele Zappato

May 9, 2019
Hello! I used to play with a game in which you were in a kind of labyrinth but with no ceiling (you could see moon and stars). The camera was close-up. I can't remember other details, but i remember i liked it so much. thank you!

ManLee

Oct 18, 2016
I remember playing a Pinball-ish labyrinth maze wooden board pinball or a metal/steel ball, a PC game, you had to control the ball with the keyboard avoiding the holes and reaching the finish zone. Thanks!