Old Games you remember playing but can't remember the name of.

Mikeschotz

Oct 1, 2012
So after reading about 30+ pages of this thread I could not find the game I was looking for, so I joined this site so that maybe you guys could help me with the name of the game.

Old PC game, most likely windows 98. I played the game around 2003 possibly? Definitely after 2000. Might have been an online download because I do not remember owning a C.D.
It was a third-person RPG, Graphics similar to Diablo 2 with the top-down third person mode.

The game had a very dark setting, like everything had shadows and I do not remember a whole lot of greenery or plants of any type.

The unique part of the game is that you started with a dog/wolf/hound companion that followed you every where and helped you fight, this dog could have different colors ranging from a dark blood red- to black and brown.

I remember starting off in a small town with a blacksmith or something similar, maybe you had to help out some of the town villagers or something. I remember defeating monsters and obtaining crystals/gems/stones? that made you stronger, and could be equipped in the inventory screen if i remember correctly. I remember the game having some pretty definitive music.

Please help me find the name of this game! If you remember playing it but also cant remember the name please say so!

Lewey23

Oct 1, 2012
Hey everyone, in 2004 or 2005 I played a jet fighter game on a Mac my teacher had. Anyway I don't remember to much other than it was similar to a game called sky force, or sonic wings. If I remember correctly it was a little less pixelated. I know I didn't provide to much detail, but does it sound familiar to anyone?

optima10

Oct 1, 2012
Hi Guys,
I remember playing a game on a library pc in the mid 90's. It was a quiz board game where you had to save the king of this island who had been trapped in a castle by a dragon. Anyway, you had to go around to all these landmarks and answer a question at each one until you had been to all to get to the king. I remember when you went into the forest, the trees would bow to you or something like that
Anyone have any idea what this game is?

charge52

Apr 29, 2012
There is one game I can think of, it was a first person RPG brawler, I specifically remember one video where a mage was in a small wooden guard tower, kicked an enemy out of it, through a pitchfork at someone else, and rattled off a fireball that caused an enemy to explode. I remember it being like Dark Messiah of Might and Magic, but more brutal. Though there is the possibility it was Dark Messiah modded. Anyone know what I'm talking about? It was for PC.

saifena

Oct 1, 2012
I can not remember much about this game cuz I really didn't get a chance to actually play it cuz according to my friend I wasn't coming over her house to play videogames lol but anyways I remember playing it in 2005 or 2006 and the only thing I can really remember is, it's a ps2 game and the game started out at a dark mansion or castle and then you walked outside and it looks all spooky dark. The character was a female and I think the front cover looked like she was on the front of it and her left arm glowed kinda bluish and it looked like it was a weapon, I wanna say I remember something about her having a demon arm and I think she has a dog/wolf dog or something like that but totally not sure....so yea sorry that's all I can remember and not sure if it's even correct or i'm mixing games...so hopefully someone can help me. I know I didn't give much to go on but I would remember the cover if I seen it lol

rdb222

Sep 29, 2012
Puppytier-- it IS Last Half of Darkness. Thank you so much!!!

puppytier said:
rdb222 said:
Hi, I?m looking for a mid-90s DOS game about a murder in an old house. The twins from The Shining were playing patty-cake in one of the rooms and if you tried to escape the girl?s scary face would fill the screen and you would die. I?m pretty sure the body was in the closet , and once you found it you needed a shovel to dig your way out and escape. There also may have been something about picking deadly nightshade plants. It was sort of 3D and you had to type in command prompts at the bottom.

THANK YOU if anyone knows what this is. The game had a really short name I think.
I'm pretty sure it's last half of darkness.
http://www.mobygames.com/game/dos/last-half-of-darkness/screenshots/gameShotId,309619/

saladdays

Oct 1, 2012
I had a game around 2001-2003 or so that was a mystery/puzzle type of PC game. It basically had to do with some sort of mysterious video where one (or maybe more) people were abducted. The CD-ROM itself was supposed to be something that one of the people responsible sent to the police that contained clues on what happened to the person and where to find that person. As I remember, you had to solve puzzles that eventually unlocked various videos. Some of the puzzles required you to look up things on the internet, and some of the websites you went to were created by the makers of the game solely for the game's use. You also received email messages from police and others.

Thanks to whoever may remember this game!

SmartAlecX5

Oct 1, 2012
Okay, this has been driving me crazy for well over a year and I know it isn't a lot to go on but ...

I remember playing this game on PS2 (though it may have also been released for PS1). You had a three character party, two men and a girl. It was turn based fighting during the battles. The female character was a healer and used her bible as a weapon, when and if you used her for actual attacks. When you used her for healing she would speak another language when casting the spells.

The only other thing I remember was that the game was not very poplar and at some point there was a part where you were in a village. When you first arrived the village was dark but more or less normal but then the floor and everything turns to blood and you more or less squish wherever you walk.

Also, one other thing, I think the forest had these very small little blueish creatures that helped you alone the way?

drednoahl

Nov 23, 2011
SmartAlecX5 said:
Okay, this has been driving me crazy for well over a year and I know it isn't a lot to go on but ...

I remember playing this game on PS2 (though it may have also been released for PS1). You had a three character party, two men and a girl. It was turn based fighting during the battles. The female character was a healer and used her bible as a weapon, when and if you used her for actual attacks. When you used her for healing she would speak another language when casting the spells.

The only other thing I remember was that the game was not very poplar and at some point there was a part where you were in a village. When you first arrived the village was dark but more or less normal but then the floor and everything turns to blood and you more or less squish wherever you walk.

Also, one other thing, I think the forest had these very small little blueish creatures that helped you alone the way?
sounds like Shadowhearts

GBag_20

Sep 27, 2012
saladdays said:
I had a game around 2001-2003 or so that was a mystery/puzzle type of PC game. It basically had to do with some sort of mysterious video where one (or maybe more) people were abducted. The CD-ROM itself was supposed to be something that one of the people responsible sent to the police that contained clues on what happened to the person and where to find that person. As I remember, you had to solve puzzles that eventually unlocked various videos. Some of the puzzles required you to look up things on the internet, and some of the websites you went to were created by the makers of the game solely for the game's use. You also received email messages from police and others.

could it be majestic? if so i remember this, getting crazy phone calls and IM's n stuff was a cool idea but it got shut down because nobody was playing which sucks coz i thought it was great.

saladdays

Oct 1, 2012
GBag_20 said:
saladdays said:

could it be majestic? if so i remember this, getting crazy phone calls and IM's n stuff was a cool idea but it got shut down because nobody was playing which sucks coz i thought it was great.
No, it wasn't Majestic, but it was a similar type of game. The emails were the only real out of game thing you would get in my game, though.

GBag_20

Sep 27, 2012
saladdays said:
GBag_20 said:
saladdays said:

No, it wasn't Majestic, but it was a similar type of game. The emails were the only real out of game thing you would get in my game, though.
think i found it, its called missing since january? it was called in memoriam in europe

Jessica Will Bryant

Oct 2, 2012
im trying to remember a pac game i played back in the day i know u have to find items to survive the only part i remmber is your trapped in a tree and a tigers at the bottom and u have to try to get down to escape the tiger anybody have a clue what its called

saladdays

Oct 1, 2012
GBag_20 said:
saladdays said:
GBag_20 said:
saladdays said:

think i found it, its called missing since january? it was called in memoriam in europe
Yeah, that's it! Thanks for the help!

Shaikh Ismail

Oct 2, 2012
i was playing a game i dont remembr its name .its was a gba game in its start it showed a girl with a big sword runnig in to a house from some people 2 boys see her and rescue her a boy is named flunky and is kind of wearing a wolf head in half of his face and the other boy is name is not shown as i played oonly its start it showed its name silver haired boy he wielded a crecent blade which he holded from middle and there were chaines attached to its ends.

Andrew_C

Mar 1, 2011
Batou667 said:
kirbycolours said:
I'm trying to find a game I used to play around 10 years ago on the old family PC running windows XP, and from what I remember it was on a CD-ROM which had one flat colour (I think either green or pink?) and text on it, but no images.
The game itself is a simulation game where you gather resources by giving the people in the game commands such as mining or woodcutting, and using them to build up a village.
I'm also pretty sure that every time you start a new game the terrain is randomly generated.
I'm not 100% certain it was on the kind of disc i described, I just remember having a lot of discs like that for the PC at the time.
Anyone got any ideas on what it could be?
Sounds a bit like the first Age of Empires.
Or Empire Earth. but those are both RTS, not sims

ZehMadScientist

Oct 29, 2010
I remember some playing some racing game for the original Playstation, but I can't for the life of me remember what it was called.

They were floating hover cars or something, with a overhead camera view. Details are vague too >.>

Ehab Tafish

Oct 2, 2012
hello
i played agame about robots who fight i remeber there was yellow robot who i controled and must kill all the other robots i remebr huge map ad lazer guns
the game i'm talking about was released in 2001-2004
thanks

zerohour1974

Mar 28, 2008
ZehMadScientist said:
I remember some playing some racing game for the original Playstation, but I can't for the life of me remember what it was called.

They were floating hover cars or something, with a overhead camera view. Details are vague too >.>
Wipeout 2097?