Old Games you remember playing but can't remember the name of.

GiantRaven

Dec 5, 2010
Offworlder said:
It was this PS1 game where you played as this kid running around in his dreams/nightmares with a zap gun of some description. As far as I can remember he wore these cool green sunglasses and had a backwards hat with a baggy T-Shirt....and, that's all I can remember about the character, I can kinda remember the first level being some sort of castle with a Roman guard at the end as a boss.

I would love to remember what it was called cos I had so much fun playing it at my friends house. We never got past the first level but it was still hella fun.
Was it Rascal?

Shnuggle Bear

Oct 9, 2012
Ok... this is a long shot but I'd love to try and play this game again.

It was a top down helicopter game that had to have been out around.. '96..ish? I played in daycare on a system that I believe was made for the Tv? Basically you started in between three buildings and had to fly around. If you touched a building you would die and I think other things would shoot you as well.. The graphics were not that great and I have no idea if you had a gun or not.. It's not like Raiden where things fly at you and you shoot them. I think it was more of a "you fly whichever way you please game." Happy hunting <3

*FREE HUGS* To whoever can find this game!!

Gamerps2ps3

Oct 9, 2012
Please help! Im think of a ps2 game that is a jungle type game, and it is an action-adventure game, it is animated almost like a cartoon and its almost like a tribe game, please help. Also i remember the word "adventurer" that is potentially in the title. Also the title is more than one word. Maybe like "someone's adventure " or " the legend of".

crackedupjunky

Oct 9, 2012
Hey I never really use forums so if I'm posting this wrong i apologize.

This is going to be a hard one to figure out the game would be some time between 1995-2000.
I never played the game only saw my friends brother playing it (he wouldn't let us play). The main character was an Asian guy with a pony tail and bald on the rest of his head. he was wearing blue robes kinda like a monk. He could do a bunch of kicking punching type karate moves. The game was in third person. It was free roam I believe but not sure as i only saw a bit of the game. You played in third person and the land was really lush and bright with grass and water. Also I'm pretty sure he was flying a green dragon at certain points. The game was on pc. Well thats about all the details I got I hope someone has this game in the back of their mind.

Thanks in advance.

Scoobert Doo

Oct 9, 2012
There was a game I played in the mid to late 80s, maybe very early 90s. It was a math based game with exploring. It might have been exploring pyramids. I remember spiders dropping up and down from the ceiling.

Jodie Riddex

Oct 8, 2012
Scoobert Doo said:
There was a game I played in the mid to late 80s, maybe very early 90s. It was a math based game with exploring. It might have been exploring pyramids. I remember spiders dropping up and down from the ceiling.
Super solvers ancient empires!

Hamish.MR

Apr 13, 2012
This is a terribly long shot; I feel like I'm the only one to have ever played this game..

It's set inside a computer, you play a little blue (?) guy who is the computers sort of antivirus software. You start on this grid of computer chips, with a virus starting to eat its way to the edge. If it makes it to the edge, you lose (obviously). And the only way to stop it was to pick the uneaten chips and solve a puzzle related to them, when you got the puzzle right, the chip became inedible to the virus. Once you'd surrounded the virus in solved chips, he'd die. There were multiple difficulties, and I think the hardest had several viruses all at once. I played this when I was about 8, so back in about 1997.
I've been wracking my brain (and Google) to find out what game this was, so any help would be appreciated.

ahzidahakah

Oct 9, 2012
This one is tough. It was either on Windows '98 or XP, but no other system. This game was a demo for my PC, but it was awesome.

It was a space game. You were a pilot and you had a crew with you. It was first person, but you could go into 3rd I believe. You had a HUD that you could change the color and depending on what you clicked, you shot different weapons. If you shot your teammates too much they'd all turn on you and attack you.

Anyhow, this game felt very free-form, you could fly all over the place and it was mostly a dogfighting game, but in space. You could change your weapons and such. I just can't remember, for the LIFE of me, what the game was. I remember one part where you had to blow up a huge space station, I think. It was a long time ago.

yakakamoto

Oct 10, 2012
Ok Here it goes - Game was for Sega Genesis; you had a boat and traveled around recruiting people and seiging castles...when you landed you turned into a person and the battles were kinda turn based rpg i think...I think it had some other rpg elements to it as well...the biggest thing I remember was that there was a time limit of some time...either by spaces or just a time limit...and I could never beat it but want to now! Been searching Google but can't find it...help!!!

GiantRaven

Dec 5, 2010
Hamish Mabon-Ross said:
This is a terribly long shot; I feel like I'm the only one to have ever played this game..

It's set inside a computer, you play a little blue (?) guy who is the computers sort of antivirus software. You start on this grid of computer chips, with a virus starting to eat its way to the edge. If it makes it to the edge, you lose (obviously). And the only way to stop it was to pick the uneaten chips and solve a puzzle related to them, when you got the puzzle right, the chip became inedible to the virus. Once you'd surrounded the virus in solved chips, he'd die. There were multiple difficulties, and I think the hardest had several viruses all at once. I played this when I was about 8, so back in about 1997.
I've been wracking my brain (and Google) to find out what game this was, so any help would be appreciated.
Possibly Chip's Challenge?

NastyClark

Oct 10, 2012
I played 1 game dont remeber the name but it was demo version in year 2009/10
it was older game than that.
Game was in cyber space u had to mouse drag the units u wanted to greate and take over stuff the backround was green black, and if im not mistaken u needed to destroy viruses computer viruses, in ther eu also needed to be smart of the resources u had when mining and taking over the control points, I may be mistaken by few things here but i dont have good memory about such games. If someone knows the game name then send me an email [email protected]

There was yellow little men running around aswell they were 2D but the game was in 3D and u moved around as the camera i think and the yellow men were the wrokers who took over stuff if i remeber correctly.

Owyn_Merrilin

May 22, 2010
yakakamoto said:
Ok Here it goes - Game was for Sega Genesis; you had a boat and traveled around recruiting people and seiging castles...when you landed you turned into a person and the battles were kinda turn based rpg i think...I think it had some other rpg elements to it as well...the biggest thing I remember was that there was a time limit of some time...either by spaces or just a time limit...and I could never beat it but want to now! Been searching Google but can't find it...help!!!
That sounds like Pirates! Gold. The only real question is if that version of the game had the turn based siege battles. The original Pirates! came out in the 80s, and the various remakes have used a few different systems for sacking cities. I know the 2004 remake had turn based siege battles. Don't know about the one from the 90's.

Kaylee Stebbins

Oct 10, 2012
Hello,

I'm looking for a Ps3 based game that came out 3 to 4 years ago that started you off as either a male mage, male warrior, or female. You leveled up by killing monsters and protecting your area. You could use your orbs, or whatever, to buy new armor in different colors and such. I found it slightly similar to "Dragon Age: Origins", but I know it's not that game. It was multiplayer or single player, and I do believe you could go on the PlayStation Network to chart scores. Does anyone have the slightest clue?

Hamish.MR

Apr 13, 2012
GiantRaven said:
Hamish Mabon-Ross said:

Possibly Chip's Challenge?
Unfortunately not. I have Chip's Challenge. I vaguely remember when you did the puzzles, it took you to another screen, and when you passed or failed, it took you back to the virus infected area. I guess it was a motherboard kind of thing.

saraasa

Oct 10, 2012
This is kind of awkward. I have tried to find this game over the years and my memory may not be that good of the actual game. I think I found it once and the graphics weren't as good as I remembered.

First, I played this one Windows 3.1 but Windows 95 may have been out at the time. I don't remember if it was loaded in DOS or Windows. We had a cd-rom and the smaller floppy discs so it could have been on either medium. We did have a lot of Apogee games, but I don't think it was made by them.

It didn't play very well on Windows 3.1 and we weren't able to finish the game. The version I remember had watercolor stills and showed the enemies when they would attack you. However, the version I found years later with the same story line didn't have the stills and looked like a basic dos game and I think that version used typed commands. The version with the stills could be in my head since I was like 4 or 5 when we had it.

I don't remember the plot, but I do remember some of the enemies. The player explored this house and had to avoid the inhabitants. I think the inhabitants were there randomly or something would make them leave.

I remember two girls (who may be vampires) who were playing patty cake on a bed. I think there was a box in their closet you needed.
A dog that would attack you. I think it was in the kitchen.
A gravedigger who would bury you alive if you ran into him. I think you stole his lamp or something.
I think there were others that I don't remember.

Edit: I think this person is describing the same game.
rdb222 said:
Hi, I?m looking for a mid-90s DOS game about a murder in an old house. The twins from The Shining were playing patty-cake in one of the rooms and if you tried to escape the girl?s scary face would fill the screen and you would die. I?m pretty sure the body was in the closet , and once you found it you needed a shovel to dig your way out and escape. There also may have been something about picking deadly nightshade plants. It was sort of 3D and you had to type in command prompts at the bottom.

THANK YOU if anyone knows what this is. The game had a really short name I think.

Ok, Last Half of Darkness. Does anyone remember if it was updated though with better graphics? The story is the same, just I remember better graphics.

Coldie

Oct 13, 2009
crackedupjunky said:
This is going to be a hard one to figure out the game would be some time between 1995-2000.
I never played the game only saw my friends brother playing it (he wouldn't let us play). The main character was an Asian guy with a pony tail and bald on the rest of his head. he was wearing blue robes kinda like a monk. He could do a bunch of kicking punching type karate moves. The game was in third person. It was free roam I believe but not sure as i only saw a bit of the game. You played in third person and the land was really lush and bright with grass and water. Also I'm pretty sure he was flying a green dragon at certain points. The game was on pc. Well thats about all the details I got I hope someone has this game in the back of their mind.
That's one of the Little Big Adventure games. If it's all isometric, it's the first one, Relentless. If it's isometric indoors and 3D outdoors, it's the second one, Twinsen's Odyssey.

Scott Daniels

Oct 10, 2012
Okay, if anyone can figure this out, I will love you forever. It's an old, top-down(think Legend of Zelda style) game. It was for the computer, sometime in the 90's, really, really, old graphics. You could play as a few different(generic) RPG classes. The game started out in a semi-wooded area and your character started inside some type of old house. If you died, you had to start the game over and a screen with a skull on it, accompanied by evil laughing, was shown when you got said game over. There were, of course, generic fantasy enemies as well, such as zombies, skeletons, etc. When you killed a zombie there was a groaning noise and it looked like someone used the old paint tool to animate the blood. It was a heavily pixelated game, but I can't for the life of me remember what it was called....

crackedupjunky

Oct 9, 2012
Holy smokes thank you so much to Coldie Twinsen's Odyssey is the game. I never thought I'd get to play this game thank you so much!