Old Games you remember playing but can't remember the name of.

Erick Olivares

Nov 1, 2012
Hello guys, looking at most of these posts makes me feel very old, since my question goes back waaaaay back to 1985/86 maybe 1987? who knows...

I remember growing up around greater Los Angeles area, there was a Liquor store by my house that had a coin-up arcade game which I played 24/7, if I can recall, it was next to another one of my favorites coin-up games from back in the days "Double Dragon". I wish to know the name of the game, Any suggestions will be highly appreciated.

The Theme: The game starts with a boy inside a class room, perhaps the setting takes place in a high school or junior high.
If I can remember correctly, the 1st stage goal is to get closer to the front door so that the boy could exit the class room and scape. He would move desk to desk knocking out all of his classmates one by one, one at a time. After exiting the room, I believe the second stage takes place in the hall way of the school, but that's all I can remember. It was a very difficult game, I was 8 years old back then.

Any suggestions will be highly appreciated, Thanks!

Weenysaber

Nov 1, 2012
Alright, i'll try and describe this as best as i can. I played a game when i was younger, about 6-7(i'm now 19). it was for the PC and it was a Robot game. You play as an army of Brown robots vs Silver robots and you start off assaulting the base of the silver robots and you can customize your robot with different ways of moving, body styles, weapons etc... But for the life of me, I can't remember what it was called. I bought the game from wal-mart and i played it on a Windows98 so it's pretty old.

Weenysaber

Nov 1, 2012
Alright, i'll try and describe this as best as i can. I played a game when i was younger, about 6-7(i'm now 19). it was for the PC and it was a Robot game. You play as an army of Brown robots vs Silver robots and you start off assaulting the base of the silver robots and you can customize your robot with different ways of moving, body styles, weapons etc... But for the life of me, I can't remember what it was called. I bought the game from wal-mart and i played it on a Windows98 so it's pretty old.

Trouterrious

Oct 27, 2012
shadoheart said:
Trouterrious said:
Someone else asked about this game as well, but I found no answer to it. You controlled a toy helicopter, the tutorial was a snow level, the first level is a backyard, and the second level is a tub. In the first level, you fly around rescuing and murdering army men toys. There is a sandbox, croquet, a patio, and a small garden with venus fly traps that attack your helicopter. The tub level is a confusing one, that I remember having portals, and required you to drain the tub by shooting holes in the sides. The game had an isometric view.
i think the name of the game is army men
I've checked all the Army Men games that include piloting a helicopter as the main point of the game, and none were the game. It may have been, but I'd need a title for which Army Men game. I highly doubt it's an Army Men game, though.

jetth

Oct 28, 2012
i played this game when i was a little kid i believe that the console it was on was snes, nes, or ps1. I only remember these things: i think it starts off where you are on a helicopter flying to the right and then you jump off and start running really fast, i also remember that there was this one alien or monster boss that was white and fat. (i think there were no saves or checkpoints ) not sure.

Weenysaber

Nov 1, 2012
The army man game you are talking about is Army men Sarges Heroes, it is for Nintendo 64. I happen to own the console and the game

Akarui Yoshiru

Nov 2, 2012
Hey,

I remember playing a weird game on PS2 but I didn't get to play much of it as it was a demo that was bundled with a bunch of different games [I think like 5] and it was kinda like Gundam but about a young boy instead. Let me try explaining some of the cut scenes I remember.

"A group of boys are captured and tied up together while a large machine is released against the town. One of the boys escapes and leaves his them behind, ending up in a facility. While not paying attention, he trips in falls into the seat of a Gundam like robot, accidentally activating it and launching him topside. Shortly after pilot instructions, another robot attacks and it takes quite a lot to kill him. After he is destroyed, another cut scene shows the group of tied up boys being stepped on by the giant robot but cuts out early, then a girl screams and the boy inside the robot flys off to save her. After trying to defeat the giant but failing, he dashes off to rescue the girl but then the game ends"

Any ideas? It was really fun as a kid and I played it dozens of times but never could learn the name

Mario Lameiras

Nov 2, 2012
Ok there was a ps1 game i am looking for for a couple of months. Its a 3ps, kind of resident evil but its in space, inside a starship. I remember the rest of the crew has zombie-mutant like and they are trying to kill you. And you can swap between characters. I always though it was dead space but i couldnt find any dead space game for the psx.. So.. Any hints?

killemore

Nov 2, 2012
I am looking for 2 games.

1) It was a Dos or maybe even apple 2e game. You could choose to be a boy or a girl, and were trying to escape a castle. The point of the game was to find puzzle pieces and items around the castle. I remember there being a vampire(?) that if you ran into you woke up naked and had to start over. Once the puzzle was complete I believe there was a short cut scene showing the boy and girl leaving the castle together.

2) I can't remember when this game came out, but it had to me in the nineties or early this century.I also remember it being on the pc. It was a mix of both strategy and rpg. It was a fantasy setting, you could choose a nation to play, and manage alliances and wars. You recruited generals armies and could defend and attack whomever. You could also choose several of your generals(up to 4 I think) and go on quests inside your own territory to uncover artifacts and spells. When on those quests you were in either first or 3rd person mode and it behaved like a dungeon crawler or rpg.

Thank you kindly for your efforts

Jordan Koller

Nov 2, 2012
Game is for sega
single player
side scroller
was the extra big cartridge
started off in the the woods, could go either right or left, going right ment death, had to go left, and enter into a tree/cave?
All I remember is that it was very trippy, and would like to play it again, please help me find out what game this is.

Akarui Yoshiru

Nov 2, 2012
Akarui Yoshiru said:
Hey,

I remember playing a weird game on PS2 but I didn't get to play much of it as it was a demo that was bundled with a bunch of different games [I think like 5] and it was kinda like Gundam but about a young boy instead. Let me try explaining some of the cut scenes I remember.

"A group of boys are captured and tied up together while a large machine is released against the town. One of the boys escapes and leaves his them behind, ending up in a facility. While not paying attention, he trips in falls into the seat of a Gundam like robot, accidentally activating it and launching him topside. Shortly after pilot instructions, another robot attacks and it takes quite a lot to kill him. After he is destroyed, another cut scene shows the group of tied up boys being stepped on by the giant robot but cuts out early, then a girl screams and the boy inside the robot flys off to save her. After trying to defeat the giant but failing, he dashes off to rescue the girl but then the game ends"

Any ideas? It was really fun as a kid and I played it dozens of times but never could learn the name
Nevermind, I found it. Its called "Zone of Enders"
Game I described: http://youtu.be/vK1YBmFTa-8

Planeforger

Oct 30, 2007
killemore said:
2) I can't remember when this game came out, but it had to me in the nineties or early this century.I also remember it being on the pc. It was a mix of both strategy and rpg. It was a fantasy setting, you could choose a nation to play, and manage alliances and wars. You recruited generals armies and could defend and attack whomever. You could also choose several of your generals(up to 4 I think) and go on quests inside your own territory to uncover artifacts and spells. When on those quests you were in either first or 3rd person mode and it behaved like a dungeon crawler or rpg.
That one might be Dragonshard.

killemore

Nov 2, 2012
Planeforger said:
killemore said:
That one might be Dragonshard.
I looked at dragon shard and that's not the one. The strategy element was more zoomed out, like looking at a map of the continent. You could order armies to different areas, but it only ever got up close during the dungeon crawl areas.

Batou667

Oct 5, 2011
Jordan Koller said:
Game is for sega
single player
side scroller
was the extra big cartridge
started off in the the woods, could go either right or left, going right ment death, had to go left, and enter into a tree/cave?
All I remember is that it was very trippy, and would like to play it again, please help me find out what game this is.
Shadow of the Beast?

endoftheline

Nov 2, 2012
I cant remember name of a racing game, where you play with small cars, it has upper view and you could collect things which make you faster, smaller, huge etc.. If you are huge you can run over other cars, if small they can run over you.. I remember it had some desert map, grand canyon map etc.. Im pretty sure it was PS1 game.. I think, but not sure that you can choose between different cars. I really want to know what was the name of it, ive been searching for ages.

Edit: It also had night maps and same maps but backwards etc..

poizon

Nov 2, 2012
hello.
have old game screenshot with guy looks like serious sam or duke nukem, but can't remember name of game.
please, help!

http://www.imageup.ru/img225/1092818/snimok-ehkrana-2012-11-02-v-154942.png

Dungeonchicken

Nov 2, 2012
Hey guys the game I'm searching was released between 1994/5 and 2000. It could be part of a minigame collection or something all I know is that your a paintbrush and the goal is to color as much as possible of the screen. You had three opponents (paintbrushes) and you could collect power-ups which whould make you faster or something.
I think it's a pretty hard one but I appreciate any kind of help :)

tjk566

Nov 2, 2012
I registered for an account here, just to post on this topic....
My brother an I remember a PC game from the 90s where you travelled through your computer's system files in a ship and tried to recover new files. You had to avoid virus-infected files and fight/ally with other ships you came across. If you saw two ships fighting one another and you helped destroy one, the ship you saved would become more of an ally. In contrast, the ship you destroyed (and his allies) would become more aggressive.

Also, if your ship was close to being destroyed, you could call an ambulance ship that would come pull you out of the level. There were some levels that you raced other ships in too.

Foes anyone know this game?

Brett Tischler

Nov 2, 2012
there was an old game where you build and race a solar power car in australia as well as catch and tag animals and other things
i was wondering if anyone knew the name if you know of a way to get the name would be great thanks