Old Games you remember playing but can't remember the name of.

thebluemonkeytail

Nov 14, 2012
thebluemonkeytail said:
Im not sure how old this game is but i cannot remember the name for the life of me .. basically you were a man running around and the aim of the game was to collect letters or something and you had these blob looking things that if you ran into them it would kill you so you had to shoot them ? i remember there were a bunch of levels and in one of them you can run on rooftops and in trees and things? Please help me it is annoying me soo much :)
it is a PC game and i think it came out around the same time as the first Duke Nukem ? and to pass each level you had to collect all the letters to spell a word .. it was a childrens game.

thebluemonkeytail

Nov 14, 2012
Zagnut said:
thebluemonkeytail said:
Im not sure how old this game is but i cannot remember the name for the life of me .. basically you were a man running around and the aim of the game was to collect letters or something and you had these blob looking things that if you ran into them it would kill you so you had to shoot them ? i remember there were a bunch of levels and in one of them you can run on rooftops and in trees and things? Please help me it is annoying me soo much :)
Is that Word Rescue?

http://www.3drealms.com/word/index.html

"Benny Bookworm needs your help to stop the Gruzzles. He needs you to reunite the stolen words with their meanings. Once you join all the words with their pictures, Benny will put them back into the books."

"Play as either a girl, or a boy! ... Either way, you'll visit amazing locations on your word finding adventure. As you hunt for all the missing words you'll visit dark caves, rocky cliffs, deserts, happy towns, scary haunted houses, funny factories, creepy dungeons, and many others."
YES !! Thanks soo much :)

UnusualStranger

Keep a hat handy
Jan 23, 2010
Blank Verse said:
Sounds like Lufia I. In Lufia I, you play as the son of the leader of the group you're referencing. In Lufia II, you play as the leader of the group you're referencing.

I recently replayed them on an emulator. I really, really recommend them to you for a great, funny nostalgia trip.
Thank ya kindly, good fellow. I might have to check that out, though it probably won't be as I remember it. Still, thanks for the info all the same, since I'm always happy to go back in time.

Sarah Desharnais

Nov 15, 2012
GoddessKali said:
I have a game I can't remember it was for the original playstation. It was multi-player, you fought orcs and stuff. Characters were both male and female, you colled gold from chests took potions and if you died non one could move on. When you died there was a green potion thing with a skull, your team had to bring you back. It was very old graphics from the 1990's. I cannot for the life of me remember the name, but the characters could be wizards or close to it, you could use magic, but there was also vikings with axes and stuff. Can anyone help me??
This sounds like Champions of Norrath for the ps2. I loved that game... one of my favorites!

Sarah Desharnais

Nov 15, 2012
Please help me find this game. I don't know a lot about it but it looks like #67 from this http://acidcow.com/pics/17659-games-102-pics.html You were trying to start a village of some sort and there were characters who could ride horses, or walk, and you could buy windmills and other buildings and upgrade them. Everywhere was dark but if you moved your character around, wherever he was going there was light around him. You could find herds of sheep and kill them for food and stuff. If you got close to other civilizations they would come after you and you'd have to fight them. There were definite battle noises.

Does anyone know the name of that game that is #67? 'Cause that MIGHT be it... I was so young I only remember bits and pieces of gameplay. I really want to play it though.

Zagnut

Dec 8, 2009
Sarah Desharnais said:
Please help me find this game. I don't know a lot about it but it looks like #67 from this http://acidcow.com/pics/17659-games-102-pics.html You were trying to start a village of some sort and there were characters who could ride horses, or walk, and you could buy windmills and other buildings and upgrade them. Everywhere was dark but if you moved your character around, wherever he was going there was light around him. You could find herds of sheep and kill them for food and stuff. If you got close to other civilizations they would come after you and you'd have to fight them. There were definite battle noises.

Does anyone know the name of that game that is #67? 'Cause that MIGHT be it... I was so young I only remember bits and pieces of gameplay. I really want to play it though.
Game #67 is definitely "Heroes of Might and Magic 3"!

Virgil077

Nov 15, 2012
There was this 90s PC CD-Rom game that was marketed mostly for children and pretty much had the same concept as I-Spy (find this object), it took place in some house at night time and you made your way around it by pointing and clicking and the characters who would assist the player were a pair of Dalmatians (atleast i think they were). A good comparison would be to games made by Humongous entertainment and the learning company. Some details may be off seeing as how long ago it was but i'd appreciate any ideas.

Virgil077

Nov 15, 2012
There was this 90s PC CD-Rom game that was marketed mostly for children and pretty much had the same concept as I-Spy (find this object), it took place in some house at night time and you made your way around it by pointing and clicking and the characters who would assist the player were a pair of Dalmatians (atleast i think they were). A good comparison would be to games made by Humongous entertainment and the learning company. Some details may be off seeing as how long ago it was but i'd appreciate any ideas.

rubidiumelemen

Nov 15, 2012
I remembered playing a racing car game and these car have weapon. For example, one has magnet to pull the car in front back to it, and another one use chemical poison (to shrink other cars temporarily if i remember it right). The game has many racing mode, like normal, reserved, normal + night, reversed + night.
If you guys know this game. pls tell me :D

Jessica Livingston

Nov 15, 2012
I can't remember what this game is called it was back in the 90's it was a car or hovercraft arena game and the cars had these magnetic grabbers on the front that you could activate to pickup a ball and drop it into an opponents hole.

lordmaster316

Nov 15, 2012
i cant remember the name of this jap game...arcade scrolling shooter game
(horizontal-left going to the right)
all i can remember is some playable characters
one is a robot with samurai armor.. one is a girl with big breast.. one is a old monk i think his attack is jap letters (cant remember him well)
all of them have assistant flying beside them...if you hold the attack and release the asistant will attack example
one is a ninja girl with a raccoon if you hold the attack it will charge when you release the raccoon will get big and breath fire 5-6 hit
and when you push the bomb/special attack button of they get big
(not becoming big its like zooming in the character)
like the ninja girl she will spin ... and flower petals appear all over the screen
(sakura tree petals i think)and hit everything

oh theres a cheat you can unlock a hidden character
i think when you hold his attack he will use a big sword

Scuba111

Nov 15, 2012
I have been trying to figure out the name of the game I used to play when I was a kid. The only reason I made a profile on here was so I could hopefully find out!

It was an asian game- asian language and subtitles. All I can remember is being able to capture (cartoon looking) cats in bubbles and throwing explosive crates/boxes. I had to defeat 3 female cats with human like features( breasts, long hair) They were in an air balloon shooting canon balls at me I think and dropping these black creatures to the ground that would come after me. I dont remember what system it was I'm thinking playstation. This has been bothering me for years! Any ideas? Thanx :)

zerohour1974

Mar 28, 2008
rubidiumelemen said:
I remembered playing a racing car game and these car have weapon. For example, one has magnet to pull the car in front back to it, and another one use chemical poison (to shrink other cars temporarily if i remember it right). The game has many racing mode, like normal, reserved, normal + night, reversed + night.
Micro Machines 3 or 4

rubidiumelemen

Nov 15, 2012
zerohour1974 said:
rubidiumelemen said:
Micro Machines 3 or 4
Sry zero, that's not the game I'm talking about. My game has big car, not micro :)

chucho13

Nov 15, 2012
hi guys, i remember used to play this game on an emulator (not sure if nes or snes), (sorry for my english :/). It was an rpg, like final fantasy, and you started with a horse, and you could get a boat after if you wanted to.

And i remeber that you could command a lot of different createures, like archers, trolls and even ghosts. I remeber that the ghosts every time you attack they duplicated his number or something, but if you had too many ghosts they would attack you and that's all i remember. It's a long shot but it's worth the try.

thanks

chucho

Genjuros

Nov 15, 2012
Hi guys,
help needed with the name of this game.

At start, you have 1 hero in a cartoon universe, and then have to fight bosses, which then join you (or maybe they were your friends, but got turned evil).

Anyways, I remember it as being 3 friends you rescue, 1 being a lizard/dragon, needed to walk on certain ice-levels, otherwise you no footgrip. a Cloud-like guy, needed to jump to certain platforms. and you had to change between the heroes to get through levels. I think the starting heroe later on learns to climb walls.
all heroes had about same size, but were needed in different situations.
hope some1 knows the name, thanks. :)

dtaPacman

Oct 20, 2011
rubidiumelemen said:
zerohour1974 said:
rubidiumelemen said:
Micro Machines 3 or 4
Sry zero, that's not the game I'm talking about. My game has big car, not micro :)
What console? Could it have been vigilante 8 on ps1?

Bast Priestess

Nov 15, 2012
Add me to the list of people who joined because they have a game they can remember but not the name (and I never knew this place existed before tonight!)

I played my game about 2000/2001 on a Win ME or 2000 computer at school, though I am leaning towards the Win ME. It was set in a haunted house (mansion? tower?) and you had to advance through it by solving maths problems to get keys (and maybe other things). It was in first person.

For some reason I keep thinking the game is called Rat Tower, but nothing comes up in Google under that, though you do have a voice that mocks you if you get the answer wrong and sounds put out if you get it right.

The math problems included long division, and the numbers were red and in a little box on the right hand side next to the equation. You had to fill in the equation by dragging these numbers (and maybe equation symbols too) over to the question. If the number/symbol didn't fit where you put it, it would float back to the box you got it from.

I can remember a ghost guarding the main staircase, which had a chain and padlock across the front of it. I also remember there being corridors with doors, and when you wanted to get in these doors you had to solve more math problems. There was also either a witch or a skeleton sitting in a rocking chair in the shed, though I think it was a witch.

The graphics were good; it looked all real, the staircase actually looked real, not cartoonish.

Hope someone knows what I'm talking about, it's been driving me mad for a while now :D