Old Games you remember playing but can't remember the name of.

Ap0calypsepony

Nov 19, 2012
so it was on the computer . in the 90's. it was daemons i think underground and you gained guys.and tunneled around. had kinda a ages of empires type play to it. trying to find gold and other things. and you got invaded by other underground daemon colones . when your tunnels got too close . and the cool part is you could become witch ever of your little guys you want and control them in a first person view. thats all i remember. no one i know has any clue what im talking about . does anyone here?

Shawna Duguay

Apr 13, 2010
There's a game I've been trying to find for years and I've never managed to. I don't remember too much, so this might be a hard one, but maybe (hopefully) one of you out there will know what I'm talking about.

It was a PC game. It was 2D and each level was all in one screen (so, no side scrolling or anything). The graphics were pretty simple looking. Each level, if I remember correctly, had a bunch of platforms and ladders. On one of the platforms, there would be a door going to the next level. You were a little guy and you had to find your way to the door. And sometimes, (maybe if time was running out or something?), other little guys would come and chase you and if they caught you, you lost.

I only got to play it on my grandparents' computer, so I was never very well acquainted with it...hence me not remembering much. :/

OH! And another one!

There was another PC game...newer looking graphics than the platform one, and kind of cartoon-y... There was a little dog (black and white, I think) and he had a big red space ship or rocket or something. And I think there were a bunch of mini games or something like that. I remember so little of this one, but I used to play it all the time.

Edit: HOLY CRAP, I just found the first one! It's Lode Runner: The Legend Returns!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7lYnVqpeW4

Nicholas Nolte

Nov 19, 2012
i dont remember the game but i do remember some parts its for the ps2 i think your a kid in some town and then the town disappears but you house is still there and you find a cave with a cat in it and the cat ends up changing in to a girl and you also find a guy with a hammer.

fireskullz

Nov 19, 2012
hey guys hope you guys could help me, it was a Mac game, PC game too maybe? idk, but it was a game where you are magicians (i think) and what you did was summon creatures to attack other magicians in the field, it was a box 2D game where you are stuck in it with either 1 other cpu magician or player or to 7-8 more npc magicians to play against, it was a console like game with pixel like graphics, i think it had a snake like name or something like that but im not sure, i tried to find it but no good
hope you guys can help

Planeforger

Oct 30, 2007
Ap0calypsepony said:
so it was on the computer . in the 90's. it was daemons i think underground and you gained guys.and tunneled around. had kinda a ages of empires type play to it. trying to find gold and other things. and you got invaded by other underground daemon colones . when your tunnels got too close . and the cool part is you could become witch ever of your little guys you want and control them in a first person view. thats all i remember. no one i know has any clue what im talking about . does anyone here?
Sounds like a Dungeon Keeper game - maybe the second one?

sami9145

Nov 19, 2012
Bresoldat said:
Okay. I can't remember much about this game. I played it in school in the early 2000's. It was an elementary PC game. I believe it was mostly about math, but I vaguely remember a metronome and a piano somewhere in there. I do remember it being sort of creepy, almost like a Halloween game. I remember clicking on a tower to go inside and there, you had to grow a certain amount of crops to make a potion or something. You had to figure out how many seeds to plant and how much water and sunlight to give to yield the correct number of fruit or whatever. And then I believe if you went through the woods, you found these three witches and you had to measure the correct ingredients for a potion... And there was a labyrinth, but I don't remember what was inside. And I know you had to beat a certain amount of the games to unlock the door to this house on a hill. Although, I don't remember what was inside. But every time to made it in, you ended up back outside and had to complete more games (they were the same games but harder than before) again. And I think as you completed the games, a jewel or something would light up on the door.. And it was always night time and it was pretty much storming the entire time.

And there was another pc game I played in school. It was a mansion, and the person who owned it was a cat. And every time you found all the clues, you would get a picture of that mansion in your hall.. I'm wanting to say it was "reading mansion" or something g like that.
Those were JumpStart Games!!! Well the first one is forsure. Jumpstart 4th grade. I loved that one and I think the second one might be jumpstart too? just another game? Idk but the first one I do remember! :)

And I have a game I am wanting to find. It was a dinosaur PC game. We played it in my elementary school. You played as the dinosaur (I believe some sort of raptor?) and collected eggs or something. It had decent graphics, kinda 3d not 2d. I know it may not be helpful but if I saw the pic of it I would recognize it off the bat! It wasn't super cartoony. And you roamed the landscape. It was late 90s early 00s when I played it. Since it was at school I assume some educational value but idk.

Innominatus

Jul 25, 2012
This has been bugging me for a while. I played an old RPG that had grid-based combat and featured two separated brothers as the main characters. They each built up their own separate parties throughout the game and ended up clashing towards the end.

One of the brothers was a sort of dragonkin that ended up having his wings ripped off towards the beginning of the game. Other than that I can't really remember much detail, but if I can figure it out I would love to play it again.

veghard

Nov 19, 2012
I can't remember the name of a game where you played as a small man who had to move through small labyrinths, evading obstacles made of fire, ice, acid and water. And if I'm not mistaking you had to pick up some key on the way and the place where you entered the next level was a green plate.

Ricardo Mendes

Nov 4, 2012
trainer said:
Hey all. I remember the game but i don`t remember name :( i played this game around 2000 - 2005s on windows 2000. game was turn based ,battle , there was a 5 or 3 marines in bay whose trying to find their group. I think game ir 2D , there was gigant insects , aliens , and other monsters which i kill in battle mode 1 turn by me 1 by enemy . i remember that, i needed find a keys to get in building.. i`ve be searching this game long time but all failure. :( Sorry for my bad english.
Gorky 17 (also known as Odium). That game is AWSOME!

Dx7MfZb

Oct 27, 2012
Hey i've recently been looking for some NOSTALGIA PC games and there a 3 that i don't remember the name of

1st - Is a Space Invaders close with a flying dog with big ears, you shoot sea creatures in space, the background where photos of mountains ect. there was a end boss batlle which was another dog he had few phases he had eggs flying around him.

2nd - Is a mini-game where you would destroy walls on 5 floors (or maybe 4) the walls were in different colours and there was someone repairing them i think and there were some enemies, you had to destroy every wall, it was a very small game and I had it on disc from a magazine back in day which i don't have today

3rd - was a hunting game that was rather funny not realistic, all i remember is that you were dropped in forest and you had to go and hunt down a deer (i think it had a gun aswell)

daniwhazzup

Nov 19, 2012
remember that PS2 Game where you had different weird cars and arenas? Like you were in this arena where there where other weird cars, and the goal was destroying the other ones with your weapons.
I remember my favorite was this toy car, although they all looked like toys. Oh, and one arena was a kids room.
Please help, i really miss my childhood :)

asdasd7

Nov 18, 2012
Dx7MfZb said:
2nd - Is a mini-game where you would destroy walls on 5 floors (or maybe 4) the walls were in different colours and there was someone repairing them i think and there were some enemies, you had to destroy every wall, it was a very small game and I had it on disc from a magazine back in day which i don't have today
I think I'm looking for the same game ;] or sequel or something. but yea, I remembered it wrongly. I mean, you didn't have to paint them but to destroy.
Read please my previous post.

trainer

Nov 16, 2012
Ricardo Mendes said:
trainer said:
Hey all. I remember the game but i don`t remember name :( i played this game around 2000 - 2005s on windows 2000. game was turn based ,battle , there was a 5 or 3 marines in bay whose trying to find their group. I think game ir 2D , there was gigant insects , aliens , and other monsters which i kill in battle mode 1 turn by me 1 by enemy . i remember that, i needed find a keys to get in building.. i`ve be searching this game long time but all failure. :( Sorry for my bad english.
Gorky 17 (also known as Odium). That game is AWSOME!

Thanks man !! You are awesome :) yeah this game rocks.

MADM1K3

Nov 19, 2012
Going to copy my post on XKCD if you don't mind :)

Background: Futuristic squad control strategy game.
System: PC
Year: Mid 90s
Perspective: Isometric
Art style: Looks a lot like "Crusader: No remorse"
Environment: Future. All levels are enemy bases + territory around that base.
Mood: Neutral.
Genre: It's either TBS or RTS. Can't remember exactly but leaning towards RTS.
Gameplay: You control the team of several (4 to 6) people, who look almost exactly as before mentioned protagonist from "Crusader" franchise. You clear an enemy base and then return to yours (very similar to X-com ground missions). The thing i remember for certain is your team members level up after each mission and change color. So after each upgrade in their rank - they become different color, red being the best as i remember (can be wrong). The gameplay feel very similar to Syndicate. The other thing i remember for sure is - you save by entering a room full of pods for storing your soldiers, which are located inside a wall like in a morgue.

So it's basically X-com/Syndicate hybrid with graphics from Crusader. Sorry for such a vague description :(

Connor Litton

Nov 19, 2012
I had a game maybe 7-8 years ago for XBOX NOT Xbox 360 it was a magic game where you played as a kid and fought trolls and stuff. and (i know htis is obscure but it's something i remember) save points were rings of rocks and mushrooms.

Nate Walter

Nov 19, 2012
Ok, I played this game online around '04-'06 time, it is a fantasy rpg game, slaying monsters, using magic drinking potions, and getting exp. to level up, it was a really simple game played with the mouse where all you did was click whether you wanted to attack or get into a dropdown menue to choose a spell or a potion. it was all text and pictures, and the background color was a sort of light brown or tan. can anybody help me out?

Ricardo Mendes

Nov 4, 2012
MADM1K3 said:
Going to copy my post on XKCD if you don't mind :)

So it's basically X-com/Syndicate hybrid with graphics from Crusader. Sorry for such a vague description :(
Maybe Jagged alliance? i haven't played it in a couple of years, and i don't remember clearly, but it kinda fits your description (as far as i remember)

Sagratanas

Nov 19, 2012
Please help me !!! It was fantasy real-time strategy game i had the demo of that game and one guy (like hero in warcraft 3) if I remember with yellow hair and he says ''i will handle it'' ''give it to me'' and he has lightning attack lightning balls are spreading and blows monsters (like orcs etc.) up and games name like kingdom or something year is like 2002-2004 dont remember :/ anyone? but it was like warcraft help meee :(

imanidiot42

Sep 14, 2009
I'm trying to remember a fighting game for the ps1 in a tekken kind of model. Had only a handful of characters, an anime kind of animation style, and one of the characters looked kind of like a biker with a glowing sword and I think his name began with Z. When defeated during the campaign the characters would actually die after a bit of plot related talking. I think it's really obscure so I don't expect anyone to know but any help would be appreciated, thank you