Old Games you remember playing but can't remember the name of.

Robbys

Oct 23, 2011
I remember playing a RTS game,like 8 or so years ago,maybe a bit more.
Was set in the medieval time,there were various resources-planks,stones and grapes are pretty much the only ones I remember.
I remember the building was quite detailed- workers carried each plank and stone and then built from that.
I dont remember the combat,but if I'm not mistaken the buildings occasionally burned down(maybe from the combat,dunno :D)
Also one detail I remember,you could build a place where grapes are made into juice,and you could actually see the guy making the juice,like stamping on the grapes with his feet.
Would be great if someone knows it x.x

nightshade_x

Oct 29, 2009
Okay this is probably a really long shot but I can't remember much about it.

It was a mystery solving game. You were a sister and brother team (I think they were brunettes or redheads, can't remember exactly) and you were solving cases around the town you lived in.

I remember one of the bad guys was a kid named Moriarity ...

It came in a green box with a violet stripe along the bottom, and was either on the old style floppy discs or the newer 3.5 discs... I just remember there was a lot of them.

I wish I could remember more, but it's been over 10 years since I've played it. I think it was played on Windows 3.1.

Moonlight Butterfly

Be the Leaf
Mar 16, 2011
TheLoveableMuffin said:
Am I the only one that's noticed page 16 is completely full of brand new users with only one post in this thread?
I noticed that too it's very strange. I was kind of trying to be nice and assume they had googled for ''Old Games you remember playing but can't remember the name of.''

:/

Fuzzy

Dec 23, 2011
Fuzzy said:
I have a game in mind for some time and can't remember its name.It was a horror game and it was starting like you had a nightmare in witch you learn to fight zombies and find a badass sword. After the nightmare you find a letter from your brother/cousin or something which tells you that he is in trouble .You take a train and get to a ghost town enter a church or a house and shoot a zombie .You find in that church a passage to an underground place where you find an angel/spirit that tells you what happened to your brother and that you need some artifacts to find your brother . You turn back in time ,fight undead to get your brother back.

Please help me I am searching it for days.I loved this game but I was so young than and never finished it .Sorry for bad english .
Found the game, a friend told me its Shade The Wrath of Angels
Thanks

blurryrox

Jan 8, 2012
Hey guys, i've been searching for this game i played for years..
i couldnt remember the name.. gahhh very frustrating..
well the game is like this. it is a PC games
1.you are controlling a yellow thingy unit and make a village
2.it will need energy to build, so you need to grow apples
3.it play the sound "nyum! nyum!" repeatedly while eating the apples.
4. the yellow thingy will die if you order it to make a wall because
it will use all of his energy when building a wall.
5.the enemy is a blue alien.
Robbys said:
Was set in the medieval time,there were various resources-planks,stones and grapes are pretty much the only ones I remember.
I remember the building was quite detailed- workers carried each plank and stone and then built from that.
I dont remember the combat,but if I'm not mistaken the buildings occasionally burned down(maybe from the combat,dunno :D)
Also one detail I remember,you could build a place where grapes are made into juice,and you could actually see the guy making the juice,like stamping on the grapes with his feet.
i felt like we are on the same game...

TheLoveableMuffin said:
Am I the only one thats noticed page 16 is completely full of brand new users with only one post in this thread?
well for me, its because ive been reading the whole thread, looking for what im searching for :p its just a coincidence that suddenly people start signing up for this thread.

PuffinBox

Aug 29, 2011
The game was basically a flight sim in space
I played this around 8-10 years ago on an old PC I think it was a demo of the full game

-controlling a spaceship fighting aliens
-It gave you a big space to where to fight missions
-I remember two missions that were blowing up a bigger spaceship and protecting your base from attacks
-also you had AI partners that you could shoot
-The color palette was basically black and green
-you had to lock in on enemies and shoot missiles or use your plasma guns
-they gave you a list of every ship in the current mission whether they be friend or foe (on the bottom left)
-Your AI partners and the aliens also had voiced lines

LilithSlave

Sep 1, 2011
There was an old Windows and Mac game about cooking with talking kitchen appliances. It was very Western cartoon styled. I remember, I think they would feed the food to the dog or something afterwards.

Does anybody remember this game and what it was called?

Philol

Nov 7, 2011
I remember this game where the people of this realm had been turned to stone except for you and half of a wizard who could still talk and gave you the task of finding out what happened, and you killed orcs and unicorns, and you could cut the heads of chickens, but for the life of me I can't remember it's name.

Robbys

Oct 23, 2011
Robbys said:
Found the game I was searching for :) It's called Knights and Merchants.

Jose Williamson

Mar 16, 2011
I vaguely remember an old school Arcade cabinet I played a couple times. It was like a 1st person view turnbased? RPG game in which you killed enemies and saw large slashes on the screen and stuff.

Not much to work with but, man, this has been bothering me for a couple years now!

Disregard!

Crossed Swords

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H485or8VOC8

grahammcisaac

Jan 11, 2012
Ok. A PC game from the 90's I think.. From what I can remember a girl falls in a pond and lands in a different world, kind of a weird town. Her mother follows her and her mother has to fight a scorpion in a desert. There's also a part in a graveyard

Sort of vague, but it's all I can remember!

Pwng ninja

Jan 11, 2012
I remember playing a Japanese game back in the 90s where the main character wore black biker looking clothes. the game opens up to where he and his friends were walking through a town when they get into an altercation with another person. the main character extends his left hand out, touched his right hand the his left wrist, and shoots a ball of blue energy from his hand, knocking the man out. Later in the game you're on a ship, its dark and raining and there is a giant dragon-like sea monster that you must fight. the main character is able to clench his hand and create an energy sword. further on in the game it is snowing and the main character has to run around and find one of his friends.

i was so young i got frustrated and couldn't finish the game, id like to see if i could finish it now but idk what its called, grrrrr

Solarus17

Jan 11, 2012
I've been looking for a racing game.

I played it around 7 years ago for the PC. *it is not an arcade game*
It's a 2nd person toy racing games with several tracks and toy cars.

The cars were literally toys by that I mean that the maps seemed big even though they would be normal dimensions for humans. Anyways here are the fact:

There was a car named "Phat". I believe it was big and lime green.
There was also a pink one and a formula race car as well as at least around 15 more cars.

There was one track called "Ghost Town"
There was also one in a toy store with a giant train, one in a museum, one in a supermarket, one in the suburbs, and several more that I can't remember.

There were power ups, such as a homing missile and oil.

I believe after the tournament ended there would pop out huge trophies with platinum, gold, and silver.

Thank you and please reply if you remember.

angelblades

Jan 12, 2012
Ok I can't remember anything about this game other that this: It's a Playstation game and there is a part where a young child is swimming through caves and the longer you are underwater, the bigger the bubbles get. There are also plants that will suck you in and kill you. Also there is a part where you have to climb up this mountain and you have to follow this lizard up it.

I will be very grateful if someone could figure the name of this game out. Its bugging the hell out of me!

callmeroti

Jan 13, 2012
Hi guys, i'll remembered around 13 years back i played a game and i don't remembered the game's name. Alright the game is something like Alien vs Human and there is a base for you to build, buildings can be construct under a long height stick and each building can be upgraded to level 3 in order to produce advance robot or space marine and when the building is build from level 0 to 1, it will call spaceship to drop you the building. Humans have something like starcraft space marines whereas Alien have E.T with holding plasma gun.

The funds from this game is collects from a small light hole (seem like a small volcano) and you need to use your tank to stand on it while it can establish and start funding after awhile.

appreciated if anyone here knows this game, please leave your message here because it is one of my most wonderful memory during my secondary... thanks =)

ps2neverdies

Jan 13, 2012
Hi everyone, first off i wanna say thnx to the person who came up with this topic.
Well i have 2 games i cant remember first one is a ps2 game if i remember correctly u play a girl(60% sure she had orange hair) on an adventure which u can ride dragons(orange dragon if memory serves) i remember the first level/stage u help out some villagers and one of them was u walk to this guy/girl outside of his house scared from giant spiders in his basement then u go down and kill them with your sword also another thing u can learn magic i remember when u wanted to cast something the Cam focuses infront of the girl and she moves her hand in a certain motion and purple/pink stuff follows her hand, but u could only move ur hand in 4 places like north east west south. I also remember at a certain point after questing u arrive in a ship to snowy place if that helps and also when u want to learn new magic spells u go to this tower where i think a witch teaches u, might be a man tho but i think its a woman.sadly thats all i remember about this game tried google'ing it but no use.
The second game isnt as much as important as the first, but i remember playing this when i was around 9yrs old and it was on a 98windows if i am not mistaken anyways i remember 2 things about it is at first when u open it there was this green logo of an inspector guy but u cant see his face and secondly the game is about building apartments/hotels and for some reason i remember a cry of a baby when u choose the kind of people who live in ur hotels i could be wrong tho, in the game also the environment of the area where u could build was dark i mean it was like u would describe it a ghetto or i dunno but if it rings any bells plz reply.

Thnx a lot for reading and i'm sorry if it was too long for some of u but i wanted to make it as clear as possible.

voodoomoocow

Jan 13, 2012
I've been searching for a game and this was one of the top search results for google, so I apologize if old users are getting annoyed at the 1 posters, but maybe someone can help.

This was a game I used to play on my Mac around 1997 to 2000, I can't exactly remember the date. There is no background, just black, with a glowing grid. Each corner has a stationary robot (red, yellow, blue, and purple). You have to protect the corner by sending out robots, but you have a certain amount of each. One robot puts a rod down. You send out another robot to activate the rods. you need rods in all four corners (and activated) to turn the square into your color. You can get a little greedy and expand your grid by making a huge square covering a lot of grid space, but there are also destroyer robots you and other players send out to destroy the rods of other players. The objective is to enclose a grid around other players' primary robot thing, indicating triumph. There MAY be another robot that destroys other robots, but I am not certain on that.

If no one knows what this game is, but it sounds like another game, please tell me. I have a craving to play something with similar gameplay.

Bostur

Mar 14, 2011
ps2neverdies said:
The second game isnt as much as important as the first, but i remember playing this when i was around 9yrs old and it was on a 98windows if i am not mistaken anyways i remember 2 things about it is at first when u open it there was this green logo of an inspector guy but u cant see his face and secondly the game is about building apartments/hotels and for some reason i remember a cry of a baby when u choose the kind of people who live in ur hotels i could be wrong tho, in the game also the environment of the area where u could build was dark i mean it was like u would describe it a ghetto or i dunno but if it rings any bells plz dont reply.
There was a building game called Constructor around that time. It could be that.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Constructor_%28video_game%29
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sv7lg0IHnW0