Old Games you remember playing but can't remember the name of.

Erick van Heugten

Jan 14, 2012
Hi i am looking for a playstation 1 game.
I the levels being a small round *3d* planet you could fly over all the way.
You had to save innocent people from large insects with your hovercraft/plane and drop them off at your base.
THe game had a vieuw from above and i believe slightly titlted (not directly above)
When your were done i believe you could fly through something that looked like a wormwhole in the ground.

Hope you can help me cause ive been looking all day.

Erick

voodoomoocow

Jan 13, 2012
nightshade_x said:
Okay this is probably a really long shot but I can't remember much about it.

It was a mystery solving game. You were a sister and brother team (I think they were brunettes or redheads, can't remember exactly) and you were solving cases around the town you lived in.

I remember one of the bad guys was a kid named Moriarity ...

It came in a green box with a violet stripe along the bottom, and was either on the old style floppy discs or the newer 3.5 discs... I just remember there was a lot of them.

I wish I could remember more, but it's been over 10 years since I've played it. I think it was played on Windows 3.1.
This is Eagle Eye Mysteries and you can play it for free on DosBox http://www.abandonia.com/en/games/27927/Eagle+Eye+Mysteries.html

ps2neverdies

Jan 13, 2012
So no 1 knows this game ?

ps2neverdies said:
first one is a ps2 game if i remember correctly u play a girl(60% sure she had orange hair) on an adventure which u can ride dragons(orange dragon if memory serves) i remember the first level/stage u help out some villagers and one of them was u walk to this guy/girl outside of his house scared from giant spiders in his basement then u go down and kill them with your sword also another thing u can learn magic i remember when u wanted to cast something the Cam focuses infront of the girl and she moves her hand in a certain motion and purple/pink stuff follows her hand, but u could only move ur hand in 4 places like north east west south. I also remember at a certain point after questing u arrive in a ship to snowy place if that helps and also when u want to learn new magic spells u go to this tower where i think a witch teaches u, might be a man tho but i think its a woman.sadly thats all i remember about this game tried google'ing it but no use.
plz check this out if u havent alrdy.

callmeroti

Jan 13, 2012
callmeroti said:
Hi guys, i'll remembered around 13 years back i played a game and i don't remembered the game's name. Alright the game is something like Alien vs Human and there is a base for you to build, buildings can be construct under a long height stick and each building can be upgraded to level 3 in order to produce advance robot or space marine and when the building is build from level 0 to 1, it will call spaceship to drop you the building. Humans have something like starcraft space marines whereas Alien have E.T with holding plasma gun.

The funds from this game is collects from a small light hole (seem like a small volcano) and you need to use your tank to stand on it while it can establish and start funding after awhile.

appreciated if anyone here knows this game, please leave your message here because it is one of my most wonderful memory during my secondary... thanks =)
Anyone know this? Just to quote my post in case you guys haven't read it :)

Skoldpadda

Jan 13, 2010
Shotgun Guy said:
I remember when I was like seven or eight, 1997-1998 my dad was playing a game on the computer were you are a detective of sorts and you had to figure out who killed this lady, it was a game that used real actors and you just picked what you wanted to say or where you wanted to go. I remember one of the suspects always seemed really suspicious and whenever you went to question him he'd be doing something that involved him having a possible weapon. One time he was cutting lettuce with a knife. Eventually we were pretty sure it was him so we did the option to arrest him and the video was of the character telling him he was under arrest, the guy was digging a hole in his backyard and just hit the detective in the face with it and it was game over, I think my dad stopped playing after that. Anyway if someone actually knows what that game is, I'd love to know!
It reminds me of Black Dahlia, but that's from 1998.

Taj Rizek

Mar 17, 2010
ps2neverdies said:
So no 1 knows this game ?

ps2neverdies said:
first one is a ps2 game if i remember correctly u play a girl(60% sure she had orange hair) on an adventure which u can ride dragons(orange dragon if memory serves) i remember the first level/stage u help out some villagers and one of them was u walk to this guy/girl outside of his house scared from giant spiders in his basement then u go down and kill them with your sword also another thing u can learn magic i remember when u wanted to cast something the Cam focuses infront of the girl and she moves her hand in a certain motion and purple/pink stuff follows her hand, but u could only move ur hand in 4 places like north east west south. I also remember at a certain point after questing u arrive in a ship to snowy place if that helps and also when u want to learn new magic spells u go to this tower where i think a witch teaches u, might be a man tho but i think its a woman.sadly thats all i remember about this game tried google'ing it but no use.
plz check this out if u havent alrdy.
I think its this game:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drakan:_The_Ancients%27_Gates

Anyway i am also looking for a game. Its an old pc game, a 2d platformer.
You played as a mine worker with a lamp on his helmet. You could shoot bullets that were in the size of your body. You had many different levels and monsters, the goal was to collect diamonds if im not mistaken. I remember green aliens or something. The levels were all simply designed in a 2d manner with metalic platforms and dirt terrain. Most of the game happened underground. Your main character is really small, like half an inch tall on your screen.

Thank you.

alex9565

Jan 15, 2012
So there's this old RPG for the Playstation 1 that I rented from a video store when I was a kid. This game seemed to be fairly good graphics for the Playstation when I look back now but I could be wrong. The most notable thing I remember about this game though was that to go into the battle screen with monsters you had to collide into these catfish like things much like you collided with Goombas and other monsters in super Mario RPG. Some of them would either run away from you usually implying that they were easy, some would move randomly meaning that they were normal difficulty, and others would run towards you which meant that they were really hard. I didn?t make it very far in the game so they might change throughout it.

ps2neverdies

Jan 13, 2012
I have 2 questions regarding playing ps2 games on pc?
1. I downloaded Pcsx but my problem is all the games i download from iso sites are all in parts and for some reason after download is completed the file doesnt open i get an error message.
2. i have Daemon i used it once to run a game instead of burning CD, is it possible to run ps2 games with it ?

Also is there any better way to run ps2 games? plz serious answers.

~Additional Details

Also this is my pc
http://dc194.2shared.com/download/3_jhIYzO/My_Pc.jpg?tsid=20120115-202514-a202f6d1

And if anyone has experience in this area and got a minute to help me thro skype would appreciate it.

nickster146

Jan 15, 2012
hi everyone, got a game thats been on my mind for ages and i cant figure it out. its an old top down rpg dungeon explorer type game, and i played it early 2000s on a pc with windows 98 i think. (i live in england btw)
i cant remember any plot but you start off in a small village and after choosing your character (man/woman, i think the usual strength agility etc points but im not really sure) and then go into the mountain to explore the dungeon. theres always the same first room which has a goblin or something in it. as you go deeper you come across more powerful monsters like manticores. you have to keep going back to the village to sell the loot you pick up and buy armour, potions, spells etc.
i cant remember but i think its mostly magic based, you select a spell and point and click to shoot it and the monsters. the first spell you get is a light spell i think. there are also lots of amulets you pick up and can equip.
the dungeon in the game is a sort of grey colour, you cant see far around you so have to move around to see whats on the level your on. there are other colours as well for the monsters and stuff so not just grey and white. i remember it being a very big and confusing game, and it was quite easy to explore too many levels down and get lost.
the really annoying thing is i cant remember if it was a cd game, or one you downloaded.
would reeeeeeaaaaally appreciate it if someone could help me out, im meant to be revising for exams at the moment and have spent hours obsessively hunting for this game so if someone found it you would really be helping my future! lol
ill try and help out with other peoples but most seem to be on the early consoles and i never owned any of them

Rhaff

Jan 30, 2011
I't trying to remember a space game, really complex, title was something like E3/E4 ie one letter one number. Nevermind found it. X3 not E3

Amethyst Wind

Apr 1, 2009
There was a game back in 95 that came bundled with our PC, along with Encarta Encyclopaedia (who remembers that?) and a Civilisation game. It was about a professor who had put his brain in a mouse and now the mouse has to go around and put the brain back together. There were lots of different puzzles to complete.

Anyone remember what the title is?

EDIT: ntsAsfo prosecute? I understand that they're nuts as fo' but why are they being prosecuted, Captcha?

drhq

Jan 16, 2012
This is going to be really vague but here we go:

All I remember is that it was on the PC (Windows 98), third-person, adventure/puzzle game with a male protagonist wearing possibly a blue robe, or just blue clothing. One of his attacks (or maybe just an action) was to throw a yellow ball and it made a strange but distinctive noise when you did so.

One level, or area, seemed to constantly be raining (because of an approaching storm?) and another was sandy; maybe a beach or a desert. The rainy area was a town with several inhabitants, one being a boy who would shoot you with a slingshot.

These details are a little strange but are worth considering; the protagonist may have had a pregnant wife (and a room in his house decorated for a child) and some sort of pet. Also maybe drove a car?

That's really all I can remember.

Taj Rizek

Mar 17, 2010
nickster146 said:
hi everyone, got a game thats been on my mind for ages and i cant figure it out. its an old top down rpg dungeon explorer type game, and i played it early 2000s on a pc with windows 98 i think. (i live in england btw)
i cant remember any plot but you start off in a small village and after choosing your character (man/woman, i think the usual strength agility etc points but im not really sure) and then go into the mountain to explore the dungeon. theres always the same first room which has a goblin or something in it. as you go deeper you come across more powerful monsters like manticores. you have to keep going back to the village to sell the loot you pick up and buy armour, potions, spells etc.
i cant remember but i think its mostly magic based, you select a spell and point and click to shoot it and the monsters. the first spell you get is a light spell i think. there are also lots of amulets you pick up and can equip.
the dungeon in the game is a sort of grey colour, you cant see far around you so have to move around to see whats on the level your on. there are other colours as well for the monsters and stuff so not just grey and white. i remember it being a very big and confusing game, and it was quite easy to explore too many levels down and get lost.
the really annoying thing is i cant remember if it was a cd game, or one you downloaded.
would reeeeeeaaaaally appreciate it if someone could help me out, im meant to be revising for exams at the moment and have spent hours obsessively hunting for this game so if someone found it you would really be helping my future! lol
ill try and help out with other peoples but most seem to be on the early consoles and i never owned any of them
Try Nox

drhq said:
This is going to be really vague but here we go:

All I remember is that it was on the PC (Windows 98), third-person, adventure/puzzle game with a male protagonist wearing possibly a blue robe, or just blue clothing. One of his attacks (or maybe just an action) was to throw a yellow ball and it made a strange but distinctive noise when you did so.

One level, or area, seemed to constantly be raining (because of an approaching storm?) and another was sandy; maybe a beach or a desert. The rainy area was a town with several inhabitants, one being a boy who would shoot you with a slingshot.

These details are a little strange but are worth considering; the protagonist may have had a pregnant wife (and a room in his house decorated for a child) and some sort of pet. Also maybe drove a car?

That's really all I can remember.

Try, Little Big Adventure. The one you are talking about is LBA2.

Can anyone help me with the game im looking for? its a dos game, check out my description above in post number 584.

Thank you.

Oh and @
ps2neverdies said:
<3 ^_^ ty alot man u made my day.
Np dude :D

EDIT: Yes! i found it!

http://www.dosgamesarchive.com/download/crystal-caves/

Cheesypriz

Jan 16, 2012
Hey everyone, there's this PC 3D arcade-like shooter which I've played roughly 9 years ago.
Its kinda futuristic where you're playing as a female protagonist? flying in a air craft and all you've to do is shoot down alien-like space craft and carriers with your left button(twin lasers are the only weapons i remembered).
I remember clearly that the game graphics are in polygons.
1 mission where you're sent down the river of a city (kinda like the river of London Bridge) shooting off some drones and carriers and into the city where more drones emerged, that part of the level is fast pace, lots of turning. The boss of that level have multiple drone like turrets of sort flying around its core.
That's everything i know. Please help me there thanks.

Phil McCracken

Jan 16, 2012
I'm looking for this OLD shareware game I think I played on an IBM 386 on a Novell operating system. It was a 2D platformer with alot of walls and ladders and things chasing you around. My friend thought it might be Clyde's Revenge but it wasn't that. Then I found this game Jetpac that looks really similar but the game I'm thinking of was black and white I think.

MasterAssassin3

Jan 17, 2012
Alright guys, I have been trying to figure out the name of this game for years purely out of curiosity. I remember it being about you in a tank and it was on PS1 and you were fighting armies of tanks and soldiers. You were only one color and the enemy army was only one color, I believe it was like green and red or blue and red and it was kind of sci-fi, it was NOT realistic and it was 3D. I can't figure it out and I have looked on so many lists of ps1 games to no avail, if someone could help me with this, it would be amazing. I played it in the late 90s or like early 2000. Also, the view distance was really low and the ground was like barren and brown I believe, the soldiers from you army would run up hills and stuff to attack the enemies and I can;t remember but I think the infantry would break into pieces when they died, but it wasn't an ARMY MEN game or something like that.

zantaff

Jan 17, 2012
I remember playing this game whenever I went to my cousin's house but can't for the life of me find what it is.

It had SNES type graphics. It is a (futuristic?) war game viewed top-down where you build units, missile silos and other buildings. You would then launch attacks & defend from the enemy on who is on the other side of the map.
I believe the view was isometric. I can't remember if it was turn-based or not or had fog-of-war.

Thanks.

spcmoffatt

Nov 30, 2011
Trying to find out the name of this game for yeeeears... It is old roughly from 1995+ (I know not much to go by)
It was a 2d cartoony game in which the camera is in the sky facing down, It isnt side scrolling it is more like one of the first Zelda games.
It was an RPG type game i beleive and i dont remember a huge deal about this game but i do know you play as a purple or blue wizard wearing the normal wizard setup (big pointy hat and robes)
I remember that you collect books that make you stronger or give you new spells or something and there is one boss thats a big ogre and your in a cave, i remember a forest level and a floating castle level. I also remember that in the game there is lamps and you collect new armor and items. If anyone can remember this game i would appreciate it sooo much its a game me and my dad used to play when i was a little boy and i have alot of memorys playing it with him. It was also on the PC and i think it was made after 2000 but i cant be sure.
sorry i dont have more info but will edit if i do, If you have ANYTHING even if you dont think its close PLEASE reply!

EDIT: My dad has told me its a also got some puzzles in it and that it has spiders... (Yeah dad real helpful.. spiders!)