Old Games you remember playing but can't remember the name of.

halfhorsefilms

Jan 20, 2012
ShayaMarie said:
There was a game that I have been searching for for days, can anyone help?! A few people already posted info about it but no one responded... Here are the current descriptions:

"There was this random old game they had on the school computers...you got trapped in the body of a kewpie doll and transported to like a fairytale land or something where you had to solve puzzles based on nursery rhymes... anybody else ever play this? This was back in the early nineties..."

"Okay, here's basically the only game from my childhood I haven't tracked down yet. It's a PC game...I think I played it when I was 10, so maybe 16 years old? Might not be quite that old, but around that time frame. It was what you'd call a point-and-click, I guess. It had this rather melodramatic opening about how your character (a little boy) suddenly fell ill or wouldn't wake up or something. Like maybe he was in a coma? And someone (I think a shrink?) said that you/the boy are trapped in your dream world. (This opening was all in text, mind you.)

So when you start playing...everything has this weird, dream-like illogic to it. You start off facing a bar, I think. Typical of point-and-click games, you have to find objects that can be used in certain ways...generally strangely. There was a dock, and I think you found a dead fish there. Pretty sure you found a key in the bar...but it didn't open any doors. There was a sewer you could get down into by greasing a grating with something unusual...I think there was a strange character down there. Everything has this sense of something ominous about to happen.

The last screen I can recall getting to is the edge of this canyon...but there's no way across. At the edge there is a strange plant or flower, and you are clearly supposed to do something to it, but I could never figure out what. Possibly because it was just a demo.

If you recognise this, please help!"
You're thinking of "The Island of Dr. Quandary." A very surreal and unnerving game!

Jan 18, 2012
StrawberryCheesecake said:
I don't remember much about this game as well because it happened in 2001 or 2002, but here it goes.

I remember playing this multiplayer PC game in 2001 or 2002 and it has been bugging me for years not knowing what it is called, This game is we played in our computer class when we weren't supposed to. I think it came with one or two extra CD's for another person to play from another computer to join other friends plin a game where you would try to shoot and kill one another as many times as possible in different locations of your choice.

I don't remember though if there was a time limit. Does this game sound familar to anyone? Does anyone have any clues to what it might be?
I think by what Dogie Brechina described the game he was talking about that the game I'm try my hardest to explain might also be considered as some kind of war type game. At least I think. I think.

Monica.

Jan 21, 2012
I've been obsessing over the name of this game for a while, I just can't remember and Google is not being helpful at all. Sadly, I can't remember many details either, I think I played it about 15 years ago. It's basically about a boy (I think his name was Anthony, not sure about that...) that helps his aunts on some sort of farm where they grow magical stuff, like mushrooms, I clearly remember collecting mushrooms on some sort of hidden objects part of the game, I'm not sure the whole thing was about hidden objects. There were also some potions and I think they had to sell the potions, I was so young, can't really remember. The title sounds something like "McAnthony's magical farm" in my head, or something along the lines. Thank you for your time and I'm sorry I couldn't be more precise.

LE : I finally found it!!! It's "Big Anthony's mixed-up magic", in case anyone else would come here looking for this tile.

Sean McVey

Jan 21, 2012
I have a game, it's early 90's. You flew on this monster thing and it crashes, you spend the game trying to solve puzzles and get to it.

Details:

You were this humanoid thing.
It had pretty awesome music.
The flying thing was greenish.

paul123

Jan 21, 2012
Guys help me!!! I can't remember a game((( All I remember is that u play a woman in red pants and she goes jumping on roofs.

karluz

Jan 21, 2012
Hi.

I'm looking for a game for years now.

I remember that we played with a ball that runs in straight ropes or rails or something like that and we had make the ball bounce into the walls and jump from one rope to another to cacth some items and make to the exit from the mase.

I played it in my PC maybe in 1991.

kubex27

Jan 21, 2012
Hello, i dont remember name of my game, i only remember that i was flying bird(?) or smthg with MAGNES and i was picking a parts to making a TANK. That was game for PC for sure.
Sorry for my english ;p .

thanks and gl :)

dallian354

Jan 22, 2012
well, I'm trying to remember this game for a while now.

It was a ps1 race game you were racing in a futuristic thing (can't really tell what it looked like i know it was green) over ice or water. Some of the levels were just racing but in some you had to eliminate the other players, you could use weapons in the normal race tracks too.
So it's basically a bit like wipeout but on ice or water and with different vehicles.

That's all i remember right now, hope you guys can help me. :)

drednoahl

Nov 23, 2011
zantaff said:
I remember playing this game whenever I went to my cousin's house but can't for the life of me find what it is.

It had SNES type graphics. It is a (futuristic?) war game viewed top-down where you build units, missile silos and other buildings. You would then launch attacks & defend from the enemy on who is on the other side of the map.
I believe the view was isometric. I can't remember if it was turn-based or not or had fog-of-war.

Thanks.
Metal Marines?

http://www.gamefaqs.com/snes/588483-metal-marines/images

nicktron10

Jan 22, 2012
there was a game for the ps2 or ps1 were you were this little white robot or human and you can runn real fast and the first boss is you gat into this giant robot and you go partly in the ocean and fight this other giant robot. The game was so fun but i forget the name. please reply if you know what the name is

paul123

Jan 21, 2012
That's not quite it. But still thanks. I also remember that the woman was some japaneese or chineese. Hopefully that helps :)

Pikachuusb

Jan 22, 2012
I'm sooo excited. I've been hunting for the names of these games for years & while searching google I came across this thread. Sadly i haven't come across the games in the 18 pages of this thread. Hopefully someone will vaguely remember these games from my poor description. I apologise for how bad it is in advance.

The 1st game is a spy/detective(??) game that came out maybe early 90s(?) you could sign up for emails or phone calls from the company. If I'm not mistaken the box was large like a board game?

The 2nd game was for Commadore 64. It was close to Knight Games, but you tried to rescue the princess. I remember seeing a sword fight with a castle background. Then I think you can marry the princess that you rescue?

I hope you guys have a better clue about these games than I do. Sorry for the horrible descriptions :p

beowulf18

Jan 22, 2012
OK, I've been searching for this one for like 8 years.What I remember is that you could headbutt, catch an orc with a whip, at some point you escape from prison by going through a hole in the ground that was under your bed.

Also you fight giant scorpions, spiders in a sever level, lots of traps with spikes and walls that can crush you, also I vaguely remember fighting a wizard that was wearing a blue/black robe, he was bald and had a pale/white face.

After you fight him he teleports to a school of wizards, you follow him and if you're not very careful, you can disturb the students which in turn will transform you into a frog, then it's game over.

I think the game was from 2002-2004 pc game by the way, isometric rpg, also it had voiceovers, so no reading dialog text, which was quite modern for the time.(just like the first Gothic had voiceovers in 2000 when it came out, pretty damn modern).

I hope you guys can help me out, I'd really appreciate it.

exealth

Jan 22, 2012
could you guys help me finding this ps1 game where you control a big vehicle but you can also let your pilot out to solve some terrain puzzles in the game. i think the game was in a cave-like/underground setting. also i think when the pilot is out of his vehicle he can shoot using a gun.

Batou667

Oct 5, 2011
scbwskydiver said:
now this request will be the most extreme hard to find! but i hope anyone can help me find this name of the game T.T. its ABOUT 15+ year old? its a sega genesis game. its an airplane horror type of game..you havethis airplane and its really hard to control. i remember you can go to a practice mode to practice the control of ur plane. but the more u crash the chances of dying will be high! u can get upgrades to boost up ur firepower which looks super cool( i believe thers only 2 or 3 differnt type of firepowr upgrade u can get. its 2d graphics btw and it looks pretty good. before each mission.. there's a short briefing on the mission, telling you what u need to do to acomplish it. and i remember the last boss that u have to fight was in a sea area setting. and the 2nd mission or 3rd, i have to fight a big face boss that looks like a monster or an alien, it floats in the middle of the area. please guys i really need help to find this game or i wont die in peace! T.T

btw here is a PICTURE of the airplane of the game! hope this gives a better clue for u guys T.T..
http://imageshack.us/content_round.php?page=done&l=img141/9232/ddddq.png&via=mupload&newlp=1

it looks something like that..
Sub Terrania.

paul123 said:
Guys help me!!! I can't remember a game((( All I remember is that u play a woman in red pants and she goes jumping on roofs.
Mirrors Edge? More details would help.

kjm

Jan 23, 2012
exealth said:
could you guys help me finding this ps1 game where you control a big vehicle but you can also let your pilot out to solve some terrain puzzles in the game. i think the game was in a cave-like/underground setting. also i think when the pilot is out of his vehicle he can shoot using a gun.
I am not sure of a PS1 game, but Blaster Master for the NES is exactly as you described.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blaster_Master

kjm

Jan 23, 2012
Ok, I'm at my wits (and sanity) end trying to figure out what this arcade game was called.

It was an upright game in an arcade in the early 90's (could be 88-89, though). It was a top down, military type action/stealth game. Not POW, but I keep thinking it is a Metal Gear game. I remember it looking just like it.

Thanks for any help!

tmeyer1985

Jan 23, 2012
I used to play a game when I was a kid for SEGA that was "awake from the dead" or "arise from the dead". I can not think of what this game was called. Any help would be nice.

Goodluf

Apr 14, 2009
Wow, didn't think I would see this thread again. Oh well, it's cool...

njrk97 said:
lets see my game was on ps2 you village was deystroyed by some sort of demon and kidnaps ya gf or something you have to venture into a cave but you also have to eat and drink the first cave was impossible to beat you pass out before you get to the end of the cave by thirst you r rescued by an old man and he gives you a water bottle then you can go through the cave since i only has a demo you could only do it for 3 days every time you left the cav you could rebuild part of the village also their was no voice only text so at the start you eneter your name then the character use your name
This kinda sounds like the beginning of Dark Cloud http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dark_Cloud. It does have your character get thirsty slowly and you need to drink to keep healthy. Food restores health obviously. Awesome game, shame they made only one more game after this.