Old Games you remember playing but can't remember the name of.

CD-R

Mar 1, 2009
urkemajkemi said:
I need a little help. It's an old space shooting game. You can navigate your spaceship right/left and up/down. You are constantly moving upward and shoot enemies. I remember that you have red weapon at the beginning and you can also pick up upgrades that change your shooting style and color. There are red, green, blue, and maybe yellow. And if you pick up upgrade with the same color, you gain extra guns on both of your sides, and you can upgrade color many times. There is a boss from time to time. I remember few details, one of them are some glass bulbs which crack when you shoot at them, and release many white bullets which you must avoid. I think it's name begins with 'v', but I'm not sure. Thanks.
Ok that sounds like every shoot em up ever made you're going to have to be more specific.

JDR5

Apr 8, 2012
I need help finding the name for this old game. It had a title like someone's heroes or a name and then heroes, it had vehicles on te front and the case was orange. In the game you could play as vehicles that were armed with weapons. You played on different levels with different objectives while fighting and opposing vehicular force. One level was like a radioactive wastelands were the opposing vehicles were black and green, and I vividly remember helicopters on that level that were also green and black but looked alot like insects. Also tha game was 3d I think it was ps2.

Joseph Mogavero

Apr 8, 2012
I remember playing a demo of this game when I was younger(1995-2000). It had a boy and girl in a dark graveyard, fighting off monsters that looked perhaps like giant spiders. It was a bit cartoonish, in a gothic way.

CD-R

Mar 1, 2009
Joseph Mogavero said:
I remember playing a demo of this game when I was younger(1995-2000). It had a boy and girl in a dark graveyard, fighting off monsters that looked perhaps like giant spiders. It was a bit cartoonish, in a gothic way.
Is it Zombies Ate My Neighbors or it's sequel Ghoul Patrol?

scorptatious

The Resident Team ICO Fanboy
May 14, 2009
I just remembered a game I played on a demo disc a long time ago.

All I remember is that the character you play as liked to talk a lot.

For example, in one level you were running away from something, when you were approaching an obstacle, he would say:

"Uh oh! Jump!"

I also remembered when he ran out of health he would say something along the lines of

"I'm sorry Princess"

Apr 9, 2012
I am looking for the name of an old Windows PC game.
When you begin you have to go to the store and buy food, potions, armor, weapons. Choose a character.
Then you enter a dungeon. Along the way there are rooms to enter. Sometimes there would monsters to battle along the way.
Along the way you pick up items, you can either equip it, keep it or drop it. You are only allows to carry so many things.
In order to gain more gold you must return to the store and sell your items.
You can upgrade your weapons, armor.

Would spend hours playing. Now cannot remember the name of the game. It would have been mid nineties.
Thank you

CD-R

Mar 1, 2009
Teressa Gunnink Bezenar said:
I am looking for the name of an old Windows PC game.
When you begin you have to go to the store and buy food, potions, armor, weapons. Choose a character.
Then you enter a dungeon. Along the way there are rooms to enter. Sometimes there would monsters to battle along the way.
Along the way you pick up items, you can either equip it, keep it or drop it. You are only allows to carry so many things.
In order to gain more gold you must return to the store and sell your items.
You can upgrade your weapons, armor.

Would spend hours playing. Now cannot remember the name of the game. It would have been mid nineties.
Thank you
That sounds like a Diablo clone if not Diablo itself.

http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/list-of-all-diablo-clones.62183/

CD-R

Mar 1, 2009
[/quote]
CD-R said:
Connor Standfield said:
Two games I'd like help with. One I barely remember, so bad that part of me thinks it was a game on a cassette (was there ever such a thing in the UK?), anyway, in this game you were on a horse and cart (the sheet/cover thing on the cart was white) in a desert and people on horseback (and maybe other means as well) were chasing you, it was a side scroller with really basic graphics, there may have been other stages but I can't remember. I'd assume it was a definite NES era game, if not earlier?

The second is weird. There's a game called Another World (also known as Out of this World and Outer World), I can remember this game looking like that, but I watched a Let's Play of Another World and it wasn't the same. This game was almost an rpg, you had to find weapons and escape from either the people or creatures there, really struggling to remember this one, for that reason I'm thinking it was a NES, SNES or Megadrive game.

Wish I could be more detailed but I really don't remember anything else about these games besides from this stuff, it may be that I've mixed memories of games up in my head and they are simply different games, if anyone can help/tries to help thank you in advance :)
Is the second one Blackthorne?

If it isn't Blackthorne it might be this game called Flashback.

KAHLID696

Apr 8, 2012
I remember playing a pc fighting game in wich you had diffrent characters with super powers a fire man, ice man, a fighter, a knight, a man with a bow... I played the game 2000 - 2002, but the game could be older. You could play, player vs player or you head your team and played against the computor, or you and your friend played against the computer i think you had 5 levels and to gain health or energy you had to drink from cans that were on the floor.

GiantRaven

Dec 5, 2010
mouzer94 said:
Ok i think this was for ps2 but you were this guy who is possessed by a demon who murders a guy in the bathroom At a restaurant .then you hide the evidence. But then you switch to being a detective with a chick partner and try to find the evidence in the bathroom. I remember being mini games like playing with a yo-yo to help the person think. Also the possessed guy meets a priest at a parkand kills him or somthing. Good luck
Fahrenheit/Indigo Prophecy. Same game but with different names.

josephaldridge123

Apr 10, 2012
I NEED HELP! This has been driving me crazy all day. Its a ps2 game, and all i remember is im like a human and i can turn into like an alien or a lizard type deal and that Im either in a cave or outside world and I go through rooms or something and i have some sort of powers i think and there is a blonde girl. Please help.

vangarde

Apr 10, 2012
Im trying to remember the name of this old pc game: i think i got it in '98 maybe later
it was an alternate history to WW1 and took place in russia where someone killed toe czar and took over the throne starting the war, you play as the character Red, a British pilot or soldier doing covert missions but then it turns out you are really the czar's son and rightful air to the throne.
theres a level where you fly a biplane but mostly its on foot, and theres a level where you blow up a poison gas factory
i thought the name was something like "operation: iron eagle" but i couldnt find it under that
any ideas? THANKS

Pyewacket

Apr 10, 2012
I used to watch my older brother play a PC game in the mid 90's. I was probably around 5 or 6 years old at the time. Anyway, he told me it was Quest for Glory, but I don't think that's it. This is all I can remember about the game:

The opening screen included a castle, the moon, and a wolf howling.
I'm pretty sure it's an RPG and it was horror oriented (at least I thought so).
The main player was a guy wearing a blue cape and a blue hat.
It was set in medieval times and when you spoke to characters, they would appear on the screen along with a scroll next to them that included text and other options.
I also remember the main character had to retrieve certain items to make a potion.
He also walked around an old town at night and I remember him being in a library at some point.

When the character walked around town, it was a view from above. When he entered a building, it was first person view.

And the weirdest detail:
I remember there was a certain point in which you play in the first person view and you're walking around in a dark castle/dungeon, and all of a sudden an upright coffin opens up next to you and there's a naked vampire woman inside calling out to you.

I was little when I saw this, and my brother tried to cover my eyes, but it was too late. Haha, I saw (and heard!) the naked woman. She might have been covered in blood, too but I can't quite remember.

I don't know if I'm mixing two games up with the whole naked woman thing, but I'm pretty sure it's all the same game.

It'd be awesome if someone can at least give me some possibilities other than Quest for Glory.

Thanks!

Shawna Denmond

Apr 10, 2012
Vault101 said:
animekenobi said:
Vault101 said:
Ok heres a challenge

this one I played on windows 95/98

It was an educational game, I think encyclopedia might have been in the title

it was one where you would go to different parts of the world and click on things

anyway your guide or main charachter was essentially a space frog, he wore a bubble like space helmet and had a lily pad shaped flying platform which was like a space segway (that could fly)

you could also go to his space ship, theres one thign I remeber where there was a song about the planets that went "Mercury now is the one...closest to the shining sun!" thats all I can remember from the song

now figure that one out

DUDE, I'M LOOKING FOR THAT GAME RIGHT NOW! Let me see if I can help you. The frog's name was Tad. At the beginning, he always said, "You can call me Tad."
You went to different habitats to see different animals. Like the farm had a pig and a cat. There was also the arctic as one of the habitats. I hope I figure it out soon! Oh, the song went like this:
Mercury now is the one closest to the shining sun. Venus, Earth, and then comes Mars, orbiting that burning star.... something about Jupiter and Saturn that I don't remember... Uranus is blue and green, it's COLD and minus 553 degrees! Neptune is the blue-ish one, it's atmosphere is hydrogen!.. and then something about Pluto.
Good luck!
yes! that sounds right, cant belive somone remembers it (and the song as well)

it was similar to anotherone I would play called "dangerous creatures" not the same game obviously but they were very similar
The game was called Microsoft Explorapedia. I still have the booklet that came with it but not the disk :[
[http://s285.photobucket.com/albums/ll79/Harp918_2008/?action=view&current=124106.jpg]

Vonstinkle

Apr 10, 2012
There's a game I've been trying to remember. It was a puzzle point and click type game with cartoonish graphics, geared more towards children I think. It had a boy, a girl, and i THINK a grey dog as the main characters, and it had something to do about them being detectives. I know this is vague but it is all I can remember of the game? Can anyone out there shed some light on it?

shamu21

Apr 10, 2012
I cant remeber this one game for ps1 it was rpg and you saved at a ghost and ur main character had a hammer for a weapon if any ideas please help

Convoy

Dec 30, 2011
I played this one game on Gamecube and it was a Gladiator turnbased fighting game. You could also, fight barbarians and minotaurs. Haven't played it in years. :(
Please help.

Mike Williamson

Apr 12, 2012
Wow, what an awesome thread!! I stumbled across this trying to use Google to find a game that I couldn't remember the name of. Let's see if the collective genius of this group can hook me up:

I used to play a PC game back in college, about '91 - '94 time frame, or thereabouts (first half of the 90's, for sure). It was a space-themed game with 2 players, playing against each other. Each player had a fleet of about 6 or so ships at their disposal, and you would fight one ship against another. Each ship had a special power. The combat was always centered around a planet, and the planet's gravity played a crucial role in combat advantages. There was this really tiny, nimble ship that looked like a stereotypical "UFO" that was not affected by the planet's gravity, nor did it retain any momentum, all other ships did. Its special power was to teleport to a different location. Another ship was big and bulky, and looked more or less like Battlestar Galactica, and it's special attack was to shoot itty, bitty ships outside of its launching bays that would home in on the enemy & attack. I can remember a few other ships, too, but don't want to ramble too much.

Outside of combat, the game involved jumping from one solar system (or maybe just 1 planet, cannot remember for sure) to another, trying to vie for territorial control of the area, not unlike in the board game Risk. When a planet was contested, the battles would begin, using ships & the set-up as described above. Does this ring any bells to anyone?

Thanks!
Mike