Old Games you remember playing but can't remember the name of.

diablo rules

Aug 14, 2014
Derrick Ellerbrock said:
Okay I've been after this one for years now, I didn't see any mention of it while going through a couple pages on here.

It was def a ps1 game, you controlled a robot that kind of reminded me of Walle but you shot guns and missiles. It was in third person. Sorry I can't really remember all the details but that should be enough for someone to recognize what I am talking about.

Carnage Heart (1997)?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLEDPXBKYag

Derrick Ellerbrock

Sep 30, 2014
diablo rules said:
Derrick Ellerbrock said:
Okay I've been after this one for years now, I didn't see any mention of it while going through a couple pages on here.

It was def a ps1 game, you controlled a robot that kind of reminded me of Walle but you shot guns and missiles. It was in third person. Sorry I can't really remember all the details but that should be enough for someone to recognize what I am talking about.

Carnage Heart (1997)?

Sadly no, hopefully someone can find what I was looking for. It had to be decently popular because I remember playing the demo at walmart when I was a kid. It was a robot guy that looked like Walle or R.O.B. with tank treads as movement.

Johnny Denmer

Sep 30, 2014
Hello.

I'm looking for a quite old video game for PC, I think it might of ran on DOS. It was a rail shooting game (players use mouse to aim and shoot at approaching enemies); also the levels itself were static, meaning, you don't move around the space, you just see a static level and enemies come from sides of the screen or from different areas of the static level.

You get to choose one of three (I think, not sure about the number) heroes; you also can co-op (you will get two target aims to shoot); when you shoot some enemies, an icon of better weapons drop, and if you take a shot at them, your weapons upgrades.

There were also bosses. And as I recall there were a few episodes (maybe three as well) which had a number of levels. I remember one episode (or a level) being Chinese themed, something like the movie "Big Trouble in Little China"; also there was a level on a moving train. You can see the train which is static, but the landscape around the train wagon is running at high speed.

Anyone has an idea what kinda game this is?... I drew a picture, it might help.

Eloweasel

Sep 30, 2014
gamermole said:
gamermole said:
I just had to register as this game has been in my mind since junior/primary school (90s) and probably unknown as it may have been a school game..... I think it was a maths game where a stick figure stood on a ledge and you typed in a number which I believe was the angle and you pressed enter to make him swing on a rope.... The angles you typed in decided whether you made it to the other ledge or not............. Out of all the games I've played this one has stuck with me the most it's odd.

If this helps I'm from the UK just in case it was a school only game

Any help anyone?

Update I found a video on YouTube of a game with a very similar look to the one I mentioned although the gameplay is totally different but it looked a lot like this one.

http://youtu.be/SzfdKJxSnmI
The game you're talking about sounds a lot like Math Circus http://i.ytimg.com/vi/LwrV36uT9t8/maxresdefault.jpg
There are like 10 editions of the game, I'm not sure which version you might've played at school though.

I'm from Australia, so I also played this a lot!

Eloweasel

Sep 30, 2014
Okay, I'm looking for an old PC sidescrolling sprite fighter game from the early 2000s, possibly made in the 90s.

I remember it was fairly asian themed, possibly Japanese? There were two game modes, Multiplayer VS, and Single Player Stages - the characters were kinda like Tekken/Mortal Kombat type characters, basic fighting with a bit of fantasy thrown in as special moves, etc.

One character in particular who I remember was a guy with really light blue hair, he was wearing orange (or yellow) armour, I think it was one of the more advanced characters, he could use Ice and Fire attacks. I think he could make an ice sword if you pressed alt and down or something?

Another character was a thief-type (I think) his special attack was to clone himself, and I'm pretty sure you could do this as many times as you wanted.

Along the stages, you could pick up crates and throw them, and sometimes weapons would be lying around, etc.

The "stage mode" was where you went through a variety of screens/arenas/locations and fought each of the playable characters who would appear as enemies, and then as bosses I think?

For some reason "Dat" is ringing a bell. I'm pretty sure there was an additional file, as well as the .exe that you could modify to make cheats active, etc.

EDIT: I remember one stage was a reaaaaaally long castle hallway, and another stage was on a bridge, at night - and one of the characters was a dude with brown, spiky hair, a white shirt, with a blue jacket over it, and grey pants

Joshua Riches

Sep 30, 2014
ok the game i can remember is for sony play station
first off you start off by either waking up or something its a 3d survival game
you start off with no weapon and basic gear there is a helmet in the barrel at the entrance to the castle
you find an axe or sword somewhere else but there are monster in all the passageways and you can go up the stairs and some are there
maybe not ceartin it might be an island you start off on
100% sure there was slimes
maybe some skeletons and other creatures
you die alot and have to restart from beginning every time you die because you cant save till later but you can memorise where stuff is
to get when you die and hopefully survive
i cant remember anymore but ive searched for years and still cant find the game it had more than one word in its name and was single player only
it has a darker atmosphere to the game like nighttime or something i never got past the first part due to he game disappearing before i could play much
when i say 3d i mean its not a side scroller you can turn corners and the view snaps to the new angle

gamermole

Sep 21, 2014
Eloweasel said:
gamermole said:
gamermole said:
I just had to register as this game has been in my mind since junior/primary school (90s) and probably unknown as it may have been a school game..... I think it was a maths game where a stick figure stood on a ledge and you typed in a number which I believe was the angle and you pressed enter to make him swing on a rope.... The angles you typed in decided whether you made it to the other ledge or not............. Out of all the games I've played this one has stuck with me the most it's odd.

Any help anyone?

Update I found a video on YouTube of a game with a very similar look to the one I mentioned although the gameplay is totally different but it looked a lot like this one.

The game you're talking about sounds a lot like Math Circus http://i.ytimg.com/vi/LwrV36uT9t8/maxresdefault.jpg
There are like 10 editions of the game, I'm not sure which version you might've played at school though.

Omg thank you I never thought I would ever play this game again..... As soon as I read maths circus it rang a bell. The picture pretty much shows that it's the game but I will need to play it to clarify.. thank you

Palina Morozov

Sep 30, 2014
Hi! I have this game I don't remember it's name,so I remember there was a boy I think and there was a house,inside the house was the game there was me a little boy and I was doing tricks all over the house, in the shower in the bethroom and all over the house! I was doing it to this old grandpa,that's all I remember please help me to remember!

thedkm

Jul 24, 2014
Eloweasel said:
Okay, I'm looking for an old PC sidescrolling sprite fighter game from the early 2000s, possibly made in the 90s.

I remember it was fairly asian themed, possibly Japanese? There were two game modes, Multiplayer VS, and Single Player Stages - the characters were kinda like Tekken/Mortal Kombat type characters, basic fighting with a bit of fantasy thrown in as special moves, etc.

One character in particular who I remember was a guy with really light blue hair, he was wearing orange (or yellow) armour, I think it was one of the more advanced characters, he could use Ice and Fire attacks. I think he could make an ice sword if you pressed alt and down or something?

Another character was a thief-type (I think) his special attack was to clone himself, and I'm pretty sure you could do this as many times as you wanted.

Along the stages, you could pick up crates and throw them, and sometimes weapons would be lying around, etc.

The "stage mode" was where you went through a variety of screens/arenas/locations and fought each of the playable characters who would appear as enemies, and then as bosses I think?

For some reason "Dat" is ringing a bell. I'm pretty sure there was an additional file, as well as the .exe that you could modify to make cheats active, etc.

EDIT: I remember one stage was a reaaaaaally long castle hallway, and another stage was on a bridge, at night - and one of the characters was a dude with brown, spiky hair, a white shirt, with a blue jacket over it, and grey pants

Try this game: Sango Fighter (Panda Entertainment)

You have a bridge here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPaYJ1fcJJA#t=39m25s

Eloweasel

Sep 30, 2014
thedkm said:
Eloweasel said:

Try this game: Sango Fighter (Panda Entertainment)

You have a bridge here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPaYJ1fcJJA#t=39m25s
Nope not that one - I remembered the name "Firen" AND I FOUND IT.
It's a game called "Little Fighter 2"!!!!

Derrick Ellerbrock

Sep 30, 2014
Derrick Ellerbrock said:
diablo rules said:
Derrick Ellerbrock said:

Carnage Heart (1997)?

Sadly no, hopefully someone can find what I was looking for. It had to be decently popular because I remember playing the demo at walmart when I was a kid. It was a robot guy that looked like Walle or R.O.B. with tank treads as movement.
Bump

miggyp

Jan 31, 2013
repost. I just remembered I posted this about a year ago!

Hey guys! Hopefully I can give enough content for someone to identify this game for me.

So, I remember playing this game non-stop during the late 90's maybe even early 2000's. I was very young.(im 18 now)
I remember it was a game on playstation, or ps2 (not sure) and it was definitely a game that contained robots. Not really mechs, but a robot that acted more like a human being. And you would use specific patterns on your remote to execute moves and shoot weapons on your robot.
I feel like the robot you played as was either piloted or controlled by kids. One specific memory that I have that may help to identify the game is during a cut scene, two kids possibly teenagers, were tied up together and being held captive. They were shouting for help to the boy that you play as, then all of the sudden a big robot steps (Or something very large just drops on them) on them and you witness your friends being crushed. Kind of sad, but that was a memorable scene.

Thanks!

miggyp

Jan 31, 2013
repost. I just remembered I posted this about a year ago!

Hey guys! Hopefully I can give enough content for someone to identify this game for me.

So, I remember playing this game non-stop during the late 90's maybe even early 2000's. I was very young.(im 18 now)
I remember it was a game on playstation, or ps2 (not sure) and it was definitely a game that contained robots. Not really mechs, but a robot that acted more like a human being. And you would use specific patterns on your remote to execute moves and shoot weapons on your robot.
I feel like the robot you played as was either piloted or controlled by kids. One specific memory that I have that may help to identify the game is during a cut scene, two kids possibly teenagers, were tied up together and being held captive. They were shouting for help to the boy that you play as, then all of the sudden a big robot steps (Or something very large just drops on them) on them and you witness your friends being crushed. Kind of sad, but that was a memorable scene.

Thanks!

PuzzleOV

Sep 30, 2014
I remember this one game, I believe it was for PC. You are a rabbit, and you collect carrots around this cuddly 3D platformer. I remember there were spike obstacles in-game. That's all I can think of. Thanks!

Derrick Ellerbrock

Sep 30, 2014
PuzzleOV said:
I remember this one game, I believe it was for PC. You are a rabbit, and you collect carrots around this cuddly 3D platformer. I remember there were spike obstacles in-game. That's all I can think of. Thanks!
Jazz Jackrabbit? maybe Jazz Jackrabbit 2?

PuzzleOV

Sep 30, 2014
Derrick Ellerbrock said:
PuzzleOV said:
Jazz Jackrabbit? maybe Jazz Jackrabbit 2?
Nope, the one I'm talking about is 3D platformer.

EDIT: I think it was a white rabbit.

diablo rules

Aug 14, 2014
Derrick Ellerbrock said:
Derrick Ellerbrock said:
diablo rules said:
Derrick Ellerbrock said:

Carnage Heart (1997)?

Bump
Have you tried?

Tiny Tank (1999)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTfbwD2EDW0

it's a tank that somehow looks like Wall-E

gamermole

Sep 21, 2014
gamermole said:
Eloweasel said:
gamermole said:
gamermole said:

Any help anyone?

Omg thank you I never thought I would ever play this game again..... As soon as I read maths circus it rang a bell. The picture pretty much shows that it's the game but I will need to play it to clarify.. thank you
Just watched a video of math circus. This is the game 100%. I totally forgot about the other games on it tho until I watched the video. I remember making the clowns stand up was fun but I totally forgot about firing the cannon ball into the bucket of water....... First game I ever cheated on I used to fire the ball and place my finger on the screen where it landed then move the bucket to my finger then refire. Old school cheating before cheats became paid dlc

llhmg

Sep 26, 2014
diablo rules said:
llhmg said:
I am looking for a game that I played back in ~97 on SNES with floppy diskette. I never saw the actual cartridge or its cover photo. And, the game was in Japanese language which I could not read.

It is a strategy game in space where you need to conquer planets. It is probably turn base.

It is on 2d space (map) and there are planets on it (like X-Y graph). There were 4 groups of planets: blue, red, green and yellow (I think). You pick one of the colored group of planets) and play against 3 AIs. (I don?t remember if you can play against another player).

If I remember correctly, the red planet group is the smallest group of 4 but they are more powerful. There?s another group which is the largest but somehow weaker.

I think each group gets like 3 commanders/leader with ships which you use them to move around the space map to capture other color planet. Planets you have capture turn into your group color. Battle against another ship/commander/group is 5 vs 5 person to person battle ? not ships battle in space. I think they even use swords (not sure). The battle looks like battles from any classic Japanese RPG battle or like old Final Fantasy. You win when you capture all the planets.

Hope someone remembers this game. Thank you.
It seems to be:

Ginga Sengoku Gunyuuden Rai (1996)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RFo0uCXvMg

Japan only.
Yes! it is. Thank you so much. I have been trying to find this for a long time.

Derrick Ellerbrock

Sep 30, 2014
diablo rules said:
Derrick Ellerbrock said:
Derrick Ellerbrock said:
diablo rules said:
Derrick Ellerbrock said:

Carnage Heart (1997)?

Bump
Have you tried?

Tiny Tank (1999)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTfbwD2EDW0

it's a tank that somehow looks like Wall-E
OMG that's it! thank you so much, looolll I remember the american flag at the beginning!