Old Games you remember playing but can't remember the name of.

ChanKarik

Jan 25, 2015
germi91 said:
ChanKarik said:
germi91 said:
It's definitely not Myst, though the gameplay is similar.
I've been trying to find it, going through a list of adventure games of that time, checking vids and googling for walkthroughs with things that you mentioned. I think I've seen 30 games or so so far, yet not a clue to your game.

Do you have any other memories?
Let's see...

The starting area as I've said is a rainforest of some sort and I remember spending a long time travelling through little paths in this forest. The game seemed sort of science-fiction-y, but with contemporary clothes and stuff. The protagonist suffered from amnesia, but the player would discover a sort of bunker in the forest or something like it, which had some sort of train-like vehicle, which would travel underground to a house/lab. It's in that house that you find books/newspaper clippings about a famous scientist (including a photo). When you look in the mirror, you find out that you are that scientist.

Unfortunately we never went beyond that point in the game.

I think The name of the game has something to do with the fact that a large part of the game happens in a domed-rainforest.

It really is annoying that I can't remember the name of the game.
I will keep looking for it with the new info. ;) It's a pc game, right?

EDIT: Found another guy who asked for this game on page 262 - "Hey all. I'm looking for a game i played in the 90's. I remember that you in the game woke up in this rain forest enviroment, and couldn't remember anything. This rain forest was inside these giant domes. The game was a point and click game, and you had to find something to eat and drink, and sometimes you had these flashbacks. Later in the game i remember finding a control room, and finding out that oneself had build and created these dome's with the rainforest inside, and you found out that someone had put you there. Hope this rings a bell for someone, thanks!

P.s I remember the cover to be a blue snail fossil shell, or something like that"

Ring any more bells?

diablo rules

Aug 14, 2014
germi91 said:
Hi there, I'd like to ask about an old PC game that I remember playing with my cousin, somewhere in the late 90's ( I can't for the love of me remember). The game in question, from what I remember had the following characteristics:

- It was an adventure, point-and-click, game with gameplay similar to that of the X-files FMV game, where you click at the end of the right/left screen to turn or in front of you to go forward. The backgrounds were, if I remember correctly, pre-rendered 2D.

- At one point you could look at yourself in a mirror inside a building of some sort and the reflection was a real-life person, a guy with a white beard.

- The premise, from what I remember, was that the protagonist had amnesia and didn't know where or who he was (he was a silent protagonist, but that's what you could gather from what was going on when investigating the areas).

- The game starts in a rainforest or jungle, which you would find out was inside a huge dome-like structure... like a big greenhouse. One part of the forest had been burned down and your character could not travel through that area unless he wore a gas mask or something.

- My cousin and I never actually finished the game, but we got to the point where we found a small statue that, when taking it would have a woman saying, "Look at the mirror" (the same mirror I mentioned previously).

Don't know if this is enough to go on, but I'm having a nostalgia trip here and I'd like to know if anyone remembers a game like this.
Biosys (1999)

http://www.mobygames.com/game/windows/biosys

diablo rules

Aug 14, 2014
AlexDC93 said:
Hi Guys, I've been looking for this game for a while.

Its was a spider/hover tank game in third person. You could wall up walls and leap quite high.
The vehicles had turrets. It was 3rd person. Played in a city landscape with various sized buildings.
Its been a while, but I remember playing against my friends so it had verses.
It was most likely on the PlayStation 1, but could also have been PS2 or xbox original.
I played it anywhere from around 2000 to 2004.

Watchdogs recently came out with a spider tank mode and so is flooding searchboxes whenever I try to look for the game.
The game basically resembles the new watchdogs spider tank mode except it was verses and generally more colourful and simpler aesthetics.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Maybe

Ghost In The Shell (1997)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fllxBaIe9aA

but it is single player only..

sids1188

Jan 30, 2015
This one would be quite old 15+ years ago I'd think. I played it on computer, but it's possible that it may have been emulated - I don't recall.

It was a turn based, capture the flag from a top down grid view. It had a sci-fi meets American football style. You would control a team of a half dozen aliens of different species to try to retrieve a ball somewhere in an arena and bring it back to your base. I seem to remember a werewolf sort of species, an arachnid/insect sort and a big ogre type called grunk or gronk or something like that.

Not sure if that will ring a bell with anyone.

germi91

Jan 30, 2015
diablo rules said:
germi91 said:
Hi there, I'd like to ask about an old PC game that I remember playing with my cousin, somewhere in the late 90's ( I can't for the love of me remember). The game in question, from what I remember had the following characteristics:

- It was an adventure, point-and-click, game with gameplay similar to that of the X-files FMV game, where you click at the end of the right/left screen to turn or in front of you to go forward. The backgrounds were, if I remember correctly, pre-rendered 2D.

- At one point you could look at yourself in a mirror inside a building of some sort and the reflection was a real-life person, a guy with a white beard.

- The premise, from what I remember, was that the protagonist had amnesia and didn't know where or who he was (he was a silent protagonist, but that's what you could gather from what was going on when investigating the areas).

- The game starts in a rainforest or jungle, which you would find out was inside a huge dome-like structure... like a big greenhouse. One part of the forest had been burned down and your character could not travel through that area unless he wore a gas mask or something.

- My cousin and I never actually finished the game, but we got to the point where we found a small statue that, when taking it would have a woman saying, "Look at the mirror" (the same mirror I mentioned previously).

Don't know if this is enough to go on, but I'm having a nostalgia trip here and I'd like to know if anyone remembers a game like this.
Biosys (1999)

http://www.mobygames.com/game/windows/biosys
Oh my god. This is it. You are incredible to identify which game it was with my vague description. Thanks a bunch!

Triin Michelson

Jan 29, 2015
ChanKarik said:
Sounds like Metal Gear Solid, but it isn't entirely first-person and you'd probably have found it already.
Actually, it IS Metal Gear Solid! I just kept adding things in my head that probably belonged to another old game I used to play at the same time. xD Oh my god. I just watched a gameplay of it, and suddenly it all came back. Especially the audio helped: "Huh, what was that noise?" from the enemies - I remember HATING that line XD And the audio you got when you picked something up, that zing - that definitely fits. I'm not sure which part I played tho, but it's definitely that game! Thank you so much for this! Now to figure out which part it was. The audio fits in almost all the gameplays, but the surroundings don't ..=/

EDIT: Solved! It was Metal Gear Solid: VR Missions. I knew that there was no story to the game I played, but rather different levels. And I was right. The VR Missions are exactly what I was looking for! =)

Eric Wijaya

Jan 28, 2015
ChanKarik said:
Eric Wijaya said:
ChanKarik said:
Eric Wijaya said:
Hi Guys...
Please Help Me...

I want to know the name of game i played when i was a kid...
It was PSone Game...
I played it around year 2000..
The game background was like in japan or china (an old era)...
The character can dig ground looking for money or item...
We can battle people with card (snake card with level and element)...
there are many town and we can travel it by walking...
And there was some mission in each of the town...
That what i could remember...

And Thanks in Advance,,
Sounds like Brave Fencer Musashi

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brave_Fencer_Musashi

Thanks for replying my post Mr Khan,,

But it's not Brave Fencer Musashi.,
In this game we don't play or fight with sword...
We just fight other people with cards...
The picture of the card just a snake... we battle with card power level and elemen of the snake (water, fire, earth, etc)
And Brave Fencer Musashi don't dig ground looking for money...

I can't explain much of the detail because i play this game in china or japan language...
Hmm I will try searching on the list of japanese-only games - I wasn't aware you played it in an Asian language. Any more details you could give?

EDIT: After checking some videos of JP-only PSX games, I believe I have found it! That was a great challenge :D

Suzu Monogatari:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ar5ZogdFEM

Thanks Dude..!! xD
You're Right...!! Reallyy..!! Many Thanks Mr ChanKarik~

Victor Nougues

Jan 30, 2015
Hi there. Im looking for an old game I played back in the mid/late 90's. It was a puzzle/ memory game played on windows 95 in which each level was a different minigame. The point was to get the highest score and this meant you had the highest intelligence at the end and you recieved the bigger crown. The cover of the game was black with a sort of black humanoid ant thing in the middle. Some minigames i remeber was a game based on the order of cars crossing an intersection. Another was guessing the way of a mailman using the route possibilities. What made it different from most games was that it was a 2/4 player game. You would just rotate the mouse to the next player after your round. I hope it rings a bell for someone as i would love to play it again.

tititott

Jan 30, 2015
Hi!

I'm looking for a old game that i rememberd by dreaming about it last night.

its a shooting game based in a fantasy world were everything is made out of toys and candy. with a dude running around shooting everything and shouting catchphrases like "fire in the hole"

I know this is super vauge, but i hope that someone will have an idea of what im talking about!!!!

Icicle Salamander

Jan 30, 2015
Can anyone tell me the name of the game like this:
the player control a car with wings and engine as a plane, drive and fly it in a (fake) 8bit ( it was 64 bit ) world with full of blue box.
the game seem very "8bit" but im sure it's 64 bit

DeadLikeNny

Jan 25, 2015
I'm gonna feel like an ass if my post was already made. I'm looking for a kids game. I know it's cheesy, but me and my sister got to thinking about it, and we wanted to know if it existed somewhere in the folds of the internet. All we can really remember is it was a Mickey Mouse game. It was basically like a Mickey Mouse paint. You could add like spaghetti and balloons to the art and they would be animated. You could use spray paints and such for the art. I wish I remembered more :/ Again, I know it's cheesy, but we just wanted to see if we could actually FIND it

ChanKarik

Jan 25, 2015
sids1188 said:
This one would be quite old 15+ years ago I'd think. I played it on computer, but it's possible that it may have been emulated - I don't recall.

It was a turn based, capture the flag from a top down grid view. It had a sci-fi meets American football style. You would control a team of a half dozen aliens of different species to try to retrieve a ball somewhere in an arena and bring it back to your base. I seem to remember a werewolf sort of species, an arachnid/insect sort and a big ogre type called grunk or gronk or something like that.

Not sure if that will ring a bell with anyone.
Mutant League Football?

ChanKarik

Jan 25, 2015
thedkm said:
Hi guys

I look for the name of an arcade game I reminds me only one level with a sort of ruined city.

What I am sure:

- The game has a futuristic atmosphere
- Two players can play both simultaneously
- The scrolling is not automatic
- You start the game with firearms and can be collected in

Here I have some doubts in my memory:

- Heroes can fly through can be a kind of jetpack or just float in the air

- It seems to me that the level in ruins there is a sort of lift or simply a platform that is moving

I had seen this game mode Attract but I could not test it

I was in an arcade in the 90s, it also had to the following games:

1989 Willow
Operation Wolf 1987
F-1 Grand Prix 1991

So the game must be certainly between 1987 and 1991.

Thanks in advance.
Sounds like Forgotten Worlds.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forgotten_Worlds

AlexDC93

Jan 29, 2015
diablo rules said:
AlexDC93 said:
Hi Guys, I've been looking for this game for a while.

Its was a spider/hover tank game in third person. You could wall up walls and leap quite high.
The vehicles had turrets. It was 3rd person. Played in a city landscape with various sized buildings.
Its been a while, but I remember playing against my friends so it had verses.
It was most likely on the PlayStation 1, but could also have been PS2 or xbox original.
I played it anywhere from around 2000 to 2004.

Watchdogs recently came out with a spider tank mode and so is flooding searchboxes whenever I try to look for the game.
The game basically resembles the new watchdogs spider tank mode except it was verses and generally more colourful and simpler aesthetics.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Maybe

Ghost In The Shell (1997)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fllxBaIe9aA

but it is single player only..
Thanks for the response.
I had found that game previously and it seams almost bang on. But like you mentioned it had no multiplier from what I can find and the vehicles were more angular and spider like.
If there is a very similar game except with multiplayer, possibly a spin off then that would probably it.

diablo rules

Aug 14, 2014
Victor Nougues said:
Hi there. Im looking for an old game I played back in the mid/late 90's. It was a puzzle/ memory game played on windows 95 in which each level was a different minigame. The point was to get the highest score and this meant you had the highest intelligence at the end and you recieved the bigger crown. The cover of the game was black with a sort of black humanoid ant thing in the middle. Some minigames i remeber was a game based on the order of cars crossing an intersection. Another was guessing the way of a mailman using the route possibilities. What made it different from most games was that it was a 2/4 player game. You would just rotate the mouse to the next player after your round. I hope it rings a bell for someone as i would love to play it again.
Braintalk (1999)

http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?p=448546

swedish game...

Amiga500

Jan 30, 2015
tititott said:
Hi!

I'm looking for a old game that i rememberd by dreaming about it last night.

its a shooting game based in a fantasy world were everything is made out of toys and candy. with a dude running around shooting everything and shouting catchphrases like "fire in the hole"

I know this is super vauge, but i hope that someone will have an idea of what im talking about!!!!
Sounds like Zool or Zool 2 (though I don't remember any catchphrases in that...)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEtGUVACBqs

JFpaes15

Oct 8, 2014
Vendor-Lazarus said:
JFpaes15 said:
Alright, I hope someone can help me, I've been looking for these three games and never found them, not even a single written line.

The first one is a futuristic racing game where you pilot some sort of cristal like, or at least I believe so, hover bikes. Not much to say other than most of the bikes had different color schemes, it's a racing game with a futuristic theme, you can't get more simple than that. Also, most of the racing tracks were on space stations and such.
<link=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ballistics_%28video_game%29>Ballistics?

Ceebee567 said:
Thinking about it there was another game, this should be easy to figure out.

It was an alien versus predator game on PC.
You could play as the alien and had to eat/kill a cat to grow to start killing humans.
Poor graphics, pretty damn old.

Thanks for help in advance :)
Sounds like <link=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aliens_versus_Predator_2>Alien versus Predator 2.
Nope, not Ballistics. I remeber the game mentioned had a third person perspective.

Naril

Jan 31, 2015
Hey guys. I've been looking for an old game that I used to play around 20+ years ago. I can't remember the system I played it on anymore, but it was definitely a desktop rather than console.

It was a puzzle game, in tones of pink and white. You controlled a little dude who had to go into an elevator to click on a floor that ended up being your level. Then you'd move him around (up, down, side keys) to get him to push boxes around in order to get to the other side of the room (I think, could have been to get to a door or to hit a button). The puzzles got progressively harder as there were nooks and crannies around the different levels.

Any ideas? I can't find it anywhere.

ChanKarik

Jan 25, 2015
Naril said:
Hey guys. I've been looking for an old game that I used to play around 20+ years ago. I can't remember the system I played it on anymore, but it was definitely a desktop rather than console.

It was a puzzle game, in tones of pink and white. You controlled a little dude who had to go into an elevator to click on a floor that ended up being your level. Then you'd move him around (up, down, side keys) to get him to push boxes around in order to get to the other side of the room (I think, could have been to get to a door or to hit a button). The puzzles got progressively harder as there were nooks and crannies around the different levels.

Any ideas? I can't find it anywhere.
Sokoban! There are many versions, but this might be the one you're looking for.

http://www.games4brains.de/sokoban_history.htm

Gijs Wiltvank

Jan 31, 2015
Hey everyone. I'm trying to remember the name of a game that i played a lot when i was young.
It must have been around 2000/2004 i think.
It was a top view racing game and you raced through quite long, futuristic tracks.
I think there were weapons aswell.
The only thing i know is that it isn't micro machines or Rock n Roll racing.
I hope someone knows because the game was awesome!
Thanks.