Old Games you remember playing but can't remember the name of.

pandroid

Jan 29, 2015
Hi. I want to ask an old game from 1992. Well, I played it in 1992 but I don't know when it was originally released. The game is silhouetted, much like the recent games such as Badland and Limbo. The setting of the game is in the jungle if I'm not mistaken, and the background is like a kingdom, and our character is a knight, I assume, because he was holding a sword. Now I don't know if the whole game throughout the end is silhouetted, because I never get passed the first few levels (I think).

dnfangirl

Jan 29, 2015
There was this PC game that I used to play around 2007, but the game was much older than that, or was trying to look older than that. It was pixely and involved a horse, or a knight. I think it was a knight riding on a horse. It had 2d graphics and the game involved jumping, or trying to get away from something. I remember getting very frustrated because the game was hard. I think it may have been on the cartoon network website at some point, but I'm not sure.

diablo rules

Aug 14, 2014
ChanKarik said:
diablo rules said:
ChanKarik said:
Hey! First post here! The games I need to know are:

- This old PC,kids windows game (maybe from 1996), in which you had to help a clown to save his animal friends, I think - it was mostly point-and-click and the stages were minigames of different variety. I can remember one in which you had to cross a river in a boat, avoiding lightning and logs. I believe the game was American, as in that very stage, somebody would yell to the clown: Beware! or Be careful!

- A (japanese, maybe) game for the PSOne or N64, which had a similar idea to Smash Bros. There would be 4 characters (that you could choose before the battle) that were made of few polygons, but had distinctive features and one of them looked like the "Buzz!" quiz game main character. (http://g-ecx.images-amazon.com/images/G/01/videogames/detail-page/buzz.qw.01.lg.jpg)

The four characters would then be pitched against each other in a square arena, with platforms, ladders and many items that they could grab and throw at others, like big red missiles and rocks, which made them explode away and off the arena, giving a point to the attacker.
2nd.- Try

Blood Lines (1999)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nau_3a8GDtI
Thanks for your time, but no, it was more cartoony. Though the style of the game is very similar to Blood Lines, the camera angles etc.
Another possibility is

Power Stone 2 (2000)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXyNxEa9fhA

but it's for the Sega Dreamcast..

Eric Wijaya

Jan 28, 2015
ChanKarik said:
Eric Wijaya said:
Hi Guys...
Please Help Me...

I want to know the name of game i played when i was a kid...
It was PSone Game...
I played it around year 2000..
The game background was like in japan or china (an old era)...
The character can dig ground looking for money or item...
We can battle people with card (snake card with level and element)...
there are many town and we can travel it by walking...
And there was some mission in each of the town...
That what i could remember...

And Thanks in Advance,,
Sounds like Brave Fencer Musashi

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brave_Fencer_Musashi

Thanks for replying my post Mr Khan,,

But it's not Brave Fencer Musashi.,
In this game we don't play or fight with sword...
We just fight other people with cards...
The picture of the card just a snake... we battle with card power level and elemen of the snake (water, fire, earth, etc)
And Brave Fencer Musashi don't dig ground looking for money...

I can't explain much of the detail because i play this game in china or japan language...

AlexDC93

Jan 29, 2015
Hi Guys, I've been looking for this game for a while.

Its was a spider/hover tank game in third person. You could wall up walls and leap quite high.
The vehicles had turrets. It was 3rd person. Played in a city landscape with various sized buildings.
Its been a while, but I remember playing against my friends so it had verses.
It was most likely on the PlayStation 1, but could also have been PS2 or xbox original.
I played it anywhere from around 2000 to 2004.

Watchdogs recently came out with a spider tank mode and so is flooding searchboxes whenever I try to look for the game.
The game basically resembles the new watchdogs spider tank mode except it was verses and generally more colourful and simpler aesthetics.

Thanks in advance for any help.

thedkm

Jul 24, 2014
Hi guys

I look for the name of an arcade game I reminds me only one level with a sort of ruined city.

What I am sure:

- The game has a futuristic atmosphere
- Two players can play both simultaneously
- The scrolling is not automatic
- You start the game with firearms and can be collected in

Here I have some doubts in my memory:

- Heroes can fly through can be a kind of jetpack or just float in the air

- It seems to me that the level in ruins there is a sort of lift or simply a platform that is moving

I had seen this game mode Attract but I could not test it

I was in an arcade in the 90s, it also had to the following games:

1989 Willow
Operation Wolf 1987
F-1 Grand Prix 1991

So the game must be certainly between 1987 and 1991.

Thanks in advance.

Davis Kouk

Jan 27, 2015
mightygirl said:
Hi so i remember playing this game where there was a little man and the whole point was to get him across to the other side to go into a portal for the next level and there were other little men and to defeat them you would dig a hole and they fell into a hole but if you fell you would die it came with my pc it was either 1997 or 1998.
One of my all time favorites. Lode Runner: The Legend Returns
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lode_Runner:_The_Legend_Returns

Triin Michelson

Jan 29, 2015
Hi, everyone! I found this thread whilst trying to search for an old game that I just now remembered playing when I was a kid and I can't for the life of me remember it's name. I'm not sure if it's been searched for before, but I really cba to read through over 500 pages XD

It's most probably a PS or PS2 game, since I don't think we owned a PC back then (90s end, beginning 2000 (?)). Basically it was, as much as I can remember, a puzzle strategy, not sure which type (either puzzle-view or first-person or such.. not sure). There were definitely enemies with guns going around, and you could see their view-range as a green triangle in front of them. There were also cameras with the same kind of view-range, and I remember that you had to get past them without them seeing you (might be that you could shoot them down, not sure about that tho.. if I'm not mixing this up with another game, then you could plant bombs and such as well, but also - not sure XD).

I really liked the game back then and I'd like to see if I can find it again now. Any help would be appreciated, my memory really is very bad apparently o.0

mbatog14

Jan 29, 2015
Ok so I'm looking for this game I played around 2003 on a pc.
The detailed I remember from it is your ship crashes on a planet, and you have I believe 4 ball like characters that you use to move forward. Each of the characters has their own elemental powers and colors so like the green character had control of vines and so on. I could be a little off on how I explaned it here
I really can't remember anymore about it then that any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Drathnoxis

Became a mass murderer for your sake
Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
Triin Michelson said:
Hi, everyone! I found this thread whilst trying to search for an old game that I just now remembered playing when I was a kid and I can't for the life of me remember it's name. I'm not sure if it's been searched for before, but I really cba to read through over 500 pages XD

It's most probably a PS or PS2 game, since I don't think we owned a PC back then (90s end, beginning 2000 (?)). Basically it was, as much as I can remember, a puzzle strategy, not sure which type (either puzzle-view or first-person or such.. not sure). There were definitely enemies with guns going around, and you could see their view-range as a green triangle in front of them. There were also cameras with the same kind of view-range, and I remember that you had to get past them without them seeing you (might be that you could shoot them down, not sure about that tho.. if I'm not mixing this up with another game, then you could plant bombs and such as well, but also - not sure XD).

I really liked the game back then and I'd like to see if I can find it again now. Any help would be appreciated, my memory really is very bad apparently o.0
Beyond Good & Evil maybe. There were a couple sneaking missions.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fd7T9wIrIFY

pandroid

Jan 29, 2015
Triin Michelson said:

Is it a strategy game? Sounds a lot like Commandos. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_d1BY53Mb8

But it couldn't be it if it was a first-person game.

pandroid

Jan 29, 2015
pandroid said:
Hi. I want to ask an old game from 1992. Well, I played it in 1992 but I don't know when it was originally released. The game is silhouetted, much like the recent games such as Badland and Limbo. The setting of the game is in the jungle if I'm not mistaken, and the background is like a kingdom, and our character is a knight, I assume, because he was holding a sword. Now I don't know if the whole game throughout the end is silhouetted, because I never get passed the first few levels (I think).
I think I may have found it myself, but I'm not quite sure because I don't remember there was a lot of enemies like in this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgIKO8uG6lo

This game is called Blade Warrior. The release date is 1991, which seems quite a match. Maybe this is really it and my memory is just a little distorted.
http://www.mobygames.com/game/blade-warrior

germi91

Jan 30, 2015
Hi there, I'd like to ask about an old PC game that I remember playing with my cousin, somewhere in the late 90's ( I can't for the love of me remember). The game in question, from what I remember had the following characteristics:

- It was an adventure, point-and-click, game with gameplay similar to that of the X-files FMV game, where you click at the end of the right/left screen to turn or in front of you to go forward. The backgrounds were, if I remember correctly, pre-rendered 2D.

- At one point you could look at yourself in a mirror inside a building of some sort and the reflection was a real-life person, a guy with a white beard.

- The premise, from what I remember, was that the protagonist had amnesia and didn't know where or who he was (he was a silent protagonist, but that's what you could gather from what was going on when investigating the areas).

- The game starts in a rainforest or jungle, which you would find out was inside a huge dome-like structure... like a big greenhouse. One part of the forest had been burned down and your character could not travel through that area unless he wore a gas mask or something.

- My cousin and I never actually finished the game, but we got to the point where we found a small statue that, when taking it would have a woman saying, "Look at the mirror" (the same mirror I mentioned previously).

Don't know if this is enough to go on, but I'm having a nostalgia trip here and I'd like to know if anyone remembers a game like this.

ChanKarik

Jan 25, 2015
germi91 said:
Hi there, I'd like to ask about an old game that I remember playing with my cousin, somewhere in the late 90's ( I can't for the love of me remember). The game in question, from what I remember had the following characteristics:

- It was an adventure, point-and-click, game with gameplay similar to that of the X-files FMV game, where you click at the end of the right/left screen to turn or in front of you to go forward. The backgrounds were, if I remember correctly, pre-rendered 2D.

- At one point you could look at yourself in a mirror inside a building of some sort and the reflection was a real-life person, a guy with a white beard.

- The premise, from what I remember, was that the protagonist had amnesia and didn't know where or who he was (he was a silent protagonist, but that's what you could gather from what was going on when investigating the areas).

- The game starts in a rainforest or jungle, which you would find out was inside a huge dome-like structure... like a big greenhouse. One part of the forest had been burned down and your character could not travel through that area unless he wore a gas mask or something.

- My cousin and I never actually finished the game, but we got to the point where we found a small statue that, when taking it would have a woman saying, "Look at the mirror" (the same mirror I mentioned previously).

Don't know if this is enough to go on, but I'm having a nostalgia trip here and I'd like to know if anyone remembers a game like this.
Myst?

ChanKarik

Jan 25, 2015
Triin Michelson said:

Sounds like Metal Gear Solid, but it isn't entirely first-person and you'd probably have found it already.

ChanKarik

Jan 25, 2015
Eric Wijaya said:
ChanKarik said:
Eric Wijaya said:
Hi Guys...
Please Help Me...

I want to know the name of game i played when i was a kid...
It was PSone Game...
I played it around year 2000..
The game background was like in japan or china (an old era)...
The character can dig ground looking for money or item...
We can battle people with card (snake card with level and element)...
there are many town and we can travel it by walking...
And there was some mission in each of the town...
That what i could remember...

And Thanks in Advance,,
Sounds like Brave Fencer Musashi

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brave_Fencer_Musashi

Thanks for replying my post Mr Khan,,

But it's not Brave Fencer Musashi.,
In this game we don't play or fight with sword...
We just fight other people with cards...
The picture of the card just a snake... we battle with card power level and elemen of the snake (water, fire, earth, etc)
And Brave Fencer Musashi don't dig ground looking for money...

I can't explain much of the detail because i play this game in china or japan language...
Hmm I will try searching on the list of japanese-only games - I wasn't aware you played it in an Asian language. Any more details you could give?

EDIT: After checking some videos of JP-only PSX games, I believe I have found it! That was a great challenge :D

Suzu Monogatari:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ar5ZogdFEM

ChanKarik

Jan 25, 2015
diablo rules said:
Another possibility is

Power Stone 2 (2000)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXyNxEa9fhA

but it's for the Sega Dreamcast..
Mmmm that one is quite close, but not it. I'm pretty sure it was for the PSOne...with a certain chance it could have been N64, too. And it may have been a JP-only game.

ChanKarik

Jan 25, 2015
germi91 said:
It's definitely not Myst, though the gameplay is similar.
I've been trying to find it, going through a list of adventure games of that time, checking vids and googling for walkthroughs with things that you mentioned. I think I've seen 30 games or so so far, yet not a clue to your game.

Do you have any other memories?

germi91

Jan 30, 2015
ChanKarik said:
germi91 said:
It's definitely not Myst, though the gameplay is similar.
I've been trying to find it, going through a list of adventure games of that time, checking vids and googling for walkthroughs with things that you mentioned. I think I've seen 30 games or so so far, yet not a clue to your game.

Do you have any other memories?
Let's see...

The starting area as I've said is a rainforest of some sort and I remember spending a long time travelling through little paths in this forest. The game seemed sort of science-fiction-y, but with contemporary clothes and stuff. The protagonist suffered from amnesia, but the player would discover a sort of bunker in the forest or something like it, which had some sort of train-like vehicle, which would travel underground to a house/lab. It's in that house that you find books/newspaper clippings about a famous scientist (including a photo). When you look in the mirror, you find out that you are that scientist.

Unfortunately we never went beyond that point in the game.

I think The name of the game has something to do with the fact that a large part of the game happens in a domed-rainforest.

It really is annoying that I can't remember the name of the game.