Old Games you remember playing but can't remember the name of.

Tigga Tiger

Jan 25, 2012
I have two that keep bugging me. The first one was on playstation one. It was reviewed on the uk gaming show Gamepad. It consisted of a (I believe) female lead that could turn into animals/have animals' spirit/powers . But you saw her body within the animal. It seemed like an open world game. With a grassy/mountain setting. it was late 90s/early 2000 it was around.
The second was an arcade game I played in my youth. It was in a bar in mablethorpe (if that helps) it was a 3d pakour/platform style game where you ran across a pier/bridge if you failed/hit something, the sharks got you. The further you ran the more points you got.
Thanks!

jakeyb25

Jan 31, 2015
Going to be a longshot but i'm looking for an old pc game in the late 90s.You were a knight and had a army and you would fight demons monsters warlocks to save the lands. you have other armies that joined you in the game and you can control them plus wizards. i cant remember on the top right hand corner of the monitor you would get a little scream come up with the face the knight and he would talk to and then sometimes a face of a warlock would come up and talet.would love to find out the name of the game is trying to buy if you could help me that be great many thanks

jakeyb25

Jan 31, 2015
Going to be a longshot but i'm looking for an old pc game in the late 90s.You were a knight and had a army and you would fight demons monsters warlocks to save the lands. you have other armies that joined you in the game and you can control them plus wizards. i cant remember on the top right hand corner of the monitor you would get a little scream come up with the face the knight and he would talk to and then sometimes a face of a warlock would come up and talet.would love to find out the name of the game is trying to buy if you could help me that be great many thanks

Kassidy Karnes

Jan 31, 2015
There was a game I used to play where you play as a cat and you go around on an island to complete quest like fishing, and you can buy clothes for your cat and everything. I don't remember what console I played it on. I'm pretty sure it was a PS2 but it could also be a PC. If you know what this game is please help. It has the same concept as Dog Island.

thedkm

Jul 24, 2014
ChanKarik said:
thedkm said:
Hi guys

I look for the name of an arcade game I reminds me only one level with a sort of ruined city.

What I am sure:

- The game has a futuristic atmosphere
- Two players can play both simultaneously
- The scrolling is not automatic
- You start the game with firearms and can be collected in

Here I have some doubts in my memory:

- Heroes can fly through can be a kind of jetpack or just float in the air

- It seems to me that the level in ruins there is a sort of lift or simply a platform that is moving

I had seen this game mode Attract but I could not test it

I was in an arcade in the 90s, it also had to the following games:

1989 Willow
Operation Wolf 1987
F-1 Grand Prix 1991

So the game must be certainly between 1987 and 1991.

Thanks in advance.
Sounds like Forgotten Worlds.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forgotten_Worlds
No it is not the game I am looking because there is no automatic scrolling.

I also reminds me that the game is in horizontal scroll.

jsboy

Jan 31, 2015
This one has been driving me crazy for soo many years:

The game is a racing game in which you are riding a motor bike. It's probably from the end of the 90s since it's graphics are probably 3D. You are riding along a street and a police car is chasing you.
When the police car catches up, you have to kick it with your foot. In case the police gets past you, there is a black screen with a green line in the middle, followed by a FMV in which the Player is shot or arrested I think.
Another point was that you could get off the bike and run into the nearby streets, but if you release the directional keys then the player automatically returns to the bike.

I'm sorry I can not give more information about that game but the last time I played this one was at a friend's house when I was a kid about 15-16 years ago.

mightygirl

Jan 27, 2015
Davis Kouk said:
mightygirl said:
Hi so i remember playing this game where there was a little man and the whole point was to get him across to the other side to go into a portal for the next level and there were other little men and to defeat them you would dig a hole and they fell into a hole but if you fell you would die it came with my pc it was either 1997 or 1998.
One of my all time favorites. Lode Runner: The Legend Returns
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lode_Runner:_The_Legend_Returns
no it wasn't that game the exit was a blue door and the little person was stubby:(

pandroid

Jan 29, 2015
jsboy said:

The game is a racing game in which you are riding a motor bike. It's probably from the end of the 90s since it's graphics are probably 3D. You are riding along a street and a police car is chasing you.
When the police car catches up, you have to kick it with your foot. In case the police gets past you, there is a black screen with a green line in the middle, followed by a FMV in which the Player is shot or arrested I think.
Another point was that you could get off the bike and run into the nearby streets, but if you release the directional keys then the player automatically returns to the bike.

I'm sorry I can not give more information about that game but the last time I played this one was at a friend's house when I was a kid about 15-16 years ago.
That could be Road Rash https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVjIHwVKRSI
I used to play it on 3DO

diablo rules

Aug 14, 2014
jsboy said:

should be

Road Rash (1996)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kItq4rXd0fI

Edit: oops, already answered, sorry...anyway check it out because there are many versions in different platforms.

Robert Ngo

Feb 1, 2015
Some help plz. I played this game release probably from 89 to 95. Start with 2 character for multi player fighting through each level you rescue another character that you may choose to play later. All I remember it was all in Japanese plz help someone

mightygirl

Jan 27, 2015
ChanKarik said:
mightygirl said:
Hi so i remember playing this game where there was a little man and the whole point was to get him across to the other side to go into a portal for the next level and there were other little men and to defeat them you would dig a hole and they fell into a hole but if you fell you would die it came with my pc it was either 1997 or 1998.
I know you said it was a guy, but who knows? Could it be Daisy's Garden?

https://archive.org/details/DaisysGarden_1020
haha noo:( thanks for trying though its somewhat similar i really don't think it was that popular

diablo rules

Aug 14, 2014
Kassidy Karnes said:
There was a game I used to play where you play as a cat and you go around on an island to complete quest like fishing, and you can buy clothes for your cat and everything. I don't remember what console I played it on. I'm pretty sure it was a PS2 but it could also be a PC. If you know what this game is please help. It has the same concept as Dog Island.
Maybe

Petz - Catz 2 (2007) (aka Catz)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgRaeOZA3uU

EasterlyArt

Jan 10, 2014
So there is a game I use to play way back when at school that I believe was on the Sega Genesis. The game was a space shooter, but you didn't actually fly around space. You were in some kind of robotic room trying to shoot at these bosses that kind of looked like cycloptic robot balls or something. Verytex has a very similar enemy, but I'm not certain that is the game. It is possible this game may of been on Sega Saturn or SNES, but I'm almost positive that it was on Genesis. I always think the game is some how connected to Centipede, but I'm not certain. I just know everything looked robotic and you flew around the boss shooting away layers to get to the center.

http://www.mobygames.com/images/shots/l/323015-verytex-genesis-screenshot-a-boss-battles.gif

I don't remember there ever being anything but the bosses. Somehow that was the game where there were not mini enemies, only the bosses with layers of robotic parts circling them as protection. You were not flying in space if I remember correctly.

cask04

Feb 1, 2015
I am looking for the name of a game that is a snowball fight game. What made it unique was you can build mines with logs that pop up and kill the incoming enemies, craft snowball catapults, and snow barriers. The game was a survival, round based game with enemies that got increasingly harder with bigger enemies. I think there was a bulldozer that would occasionally come in a wipe out a section of whatever you've built so you have to constantly build protection from yourself. It was a top down view and enemies moving from left to right. It is not "snowcraft" it is way better than "snowcraft" PLEASE HELP.
EDIT: i believe it was an MSDOS game because I remember I had it downloaded on my computer a long time ago and I remember the icon was a snowball. Also, the enemies were cartoon bullies.

Ichirare

Jan 23, 2015
Ichirare said:
Hello people. I've made an account on this forum so I can get some help from you. It's gonna be a hard one, it's something unusual. I'm looking for an old puzzle PC game, from like windows 98 era, where you steer red colored fluffy ball or something like this. It was probably a game for kids. It was in a 2.5D perspective. I remember that you moved mirrors to direct laser beam towards ice blocks and such to clear the way to the exit I suppose. If you accidentaly hit yourself with the laser, you'd become a pile of ashes, left with eyes only that were having a sad look. Sadly, that's all I remember. I tried googling a lot with no luck. I will continue to search but I hope somebody does recognize this game :) I really loved it as a kid.
Bump, still haven't found it :/ Darn, too bad I can't remember more of this game.

EDIT: Looks like I found it! Dweep. Looks very similiar to what I remember. Even though I was thinking that fuzzy ball was red, but it looks like my memory failed me ^^
EDIT 2: Yes, it certainly is this game. Finally :)

verszi

Feb 1, 2015
Hello guys!

I think this will be a very difficult one. In this game u are a boy who has amnesia since his little age, because your birthplace got attacked by some black knights i think, and u had a little girl friend who gave u a necklace maybe, and now u meet her again or i don't know and start to help her, u get to a ship where u have to fight with the captain to go to somewhere, and in the end u are in a flying castle and before the boss fight one of your mates get killed, and the boss is behind a big door which takes several days to unlock, on the day when u open it u are the lost one to get there and u find all of your friends wounded/dead on the floor. I think that's all.

I hope u can help me because I liked this game a lot and it makes me crazy i don't remember it's name.

Cem Ay

Feb 1, 2015
Hey guys,
im searching for a game, which i cant remember. The game was a platform game. There was a single player and a multi, means 2 players. First levels, there were rats as an enemy. And the boss is a giant rat king. Later the enemies change. Like there are coming dinosaur. And the endboss is a Giant Rex king. In the intro of the game, you see this giant rex king. And yes there are more levels, with spiders or ice on the groud. I rly forgot the name. I think someone of you know the game. The buddies you can control are as i remember correctly ugly goblins or trolls.

Thanks for reading.

ChanKarik

Jan 25, 2015
Cem Ay said:
Hey guys,
im searching for a game, which i cant remember. The game was a platform game. There was a single player and a multi, means 2 players. First levels, there were rats as an enemy. And the boss is a giant rat king. Later the enemies change. Like there are coming dinosaur. And the endboss is a Giant Rex king. In the intro of the game, you see this giant rex king. And yes there are more levels, with spiders or ice on the groud. I rly forgot the name. I think someone of you know the game. The buddies you can control are as i remember correctly ugly goblins or trolls.

Thanks for reading.
Maybe you mean http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battletoads_in_Battlemaniacs

Battletoads in Battlemaniacs, or another game from the series.

diablo rules

Aug 14, 2014
cask04 said:
I am looking for the name of a game that is a snowball fight game. What made it unique was you can build mines with logs that pop up and kill the incoming enemies, craft snowball catapults, and snow barriers. The game was a survival, round based game with enemies that got increasingly harder with bigger enemies. I think there was a bulldozer that would occasionally come in a wipe out a section of whatever you've built so you have to constantly build protection from yourself. It was a top down view and enemies moving from left to right. It is not "snowcraft" it is way better than "snowcraft" PLEASE HELP.
EDIT: i believe it was an MSDOS game because I remember I had it downloaded on my computer a long time ago and I remember the icon was a snowball. Also, the enemies were cartoon bullies.

Snowbrawl (2000)

http://www.homeoftheunderdogs.net/game.php?name=Snowbrawl

by Blackeye Software.

marke90

Feb 1, 2015
My girlfriend is trying to remember the name of a game that she may have played on a playstation demo disc from the magazine in the 90's, we've been looking for hours but can't find anything on it. Her information is vague and confusing so i don't know if anyone can help but here's hoping, the info she's told me is..
"2D game like sonic moving left to right, you play as a tiny warrior or a wizard or something, you have to go back and forth to houses in a village, it had awful graphics, mid 90's i think. It was a happy game. Pretty sure the main character had a japanese name and dialog boxes popped up when they spoke to people like on the Pokemon gameboy games."

UPDATE: She just found it, it's called "Tumba", if anyone else was looking for it.