Old Games you remember playing but can't remember the name of.

Jacob Mcbroom

Mar 25, 2013
I can't remember the year it was out, but i was like 9 or 10 (i am 22 now) it is a 2.5d game where you play a wizard and have to collect various pieces of a golden magic weapon to defeat the boss, and he have upgrades too the only upgrades i can remember are giant eyes that give you massive mana and boots that made you super light and fast. one of the levels has you running through a fortune cookie factory and you could eat the cookies for random fortunes/ health
the golden weapon when completed was a sword that shot out magic enemy seeking skulls It was a pc game i am positive of it

sids1188

Jan 30, 2015
ChanKarik said:
sids1188 said:
This one would be quite old 15+ years ago I'd think. I played it on computer, but it's possible that it may have been emulated - I don't recall.

It was a turn based, capture the flag from a top down grid view. It had a sci-fi meets American football style. You would control a team of a half dozen aliens of different species to try to retrieve a ball somewhere in an arena and bring it back to your base. I seem to remember a werewolf sort of species, an arachnid/insect sort and a big ogre type called grunk or gronk or something like that.

Not sure if that will ring a bell with anyone.
Mutant League Football?
I don't think so. The one I'm thinking isn't on a field as such. It's throughout buildings and rooms and such. And its an overhead, turn based controls, like the old SNES RPGs like Shining Force.

snagultoof

Feb 2, 2015
Hi Everyone,

I'm looking for the name of a one screen shoot em up from the early eighties, perhaps 1983. I played it in a fish and chip shop in padstow, cornwall, uk when on holiday one summer.

I think it had about 7 levels of different aliens to shoot, each shown in boxes at the top of the screen, and an end of level / game boss. You had maybe 3 lives and your ship would move left and right, much like space invaders, along a dotted line. Underneath the dotted line were two or three guys with spikes / spears who would also be moving left or right. Every few seconds they would stab their spears up through the gaps in the dotted line and if they hit your ship it blew up.

That's was the sole interesting thing about this game. The fact that you were being attacked from aliens above and also from men with spikes below. However, it was this one thing that made it very entertaining. I'd love to somehow play it again but it's pretty much impossible without knowing the name of the game.

I hope someone can help :)

snagultoof

Feb 2, 2015
sids1188 said:
This one would be quite old 15+ years ago I'd think. I played it on computer, but it's possible that it may have been emulated - I don't recall.

It was a turn based, capture the flag from a top down grid view. It had a sci-fi meets American football style. You would control a team of a half dozen aliens of different species to try to retrieve a ball somewhere in an arena and bring it back to your base. I seem to remember a werewolf sort of species, an arachnid/insect sort and a big ogre type called grunk or gronk or something like that.

Not sure if that will ring a bell with anyone.
Sounds a tiny bit like Blood Bowl, maybe a videogame version of the board game.

TommBR

Feb 2, 2015
Hey guys,

I'm looking for a game I played when I was in elementary school. Besides games like "Ski Free" or "Kye" there was this game, where you had like a square black surface. On that surface weird coloured lines were floating, and you had to cut lines/squares in that surface without touching those weird coloured lines. When you had cut a line/square that square would turn grey, and you had conquered that piece of surface. The objective was to get most of the screen grey, like 80%, then you win. This game is (I guess) based on the game Qix ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdEOH5O2kCo ), same objective, same kind of weird lines that are floating, but only a different version. I played it on the PC.

Thanks for reading (sorry for my bad English)

UPDATE: I finally found it! It's called FUSE and it is a microsoft windows game I guess.

Roman78

Sep 25, 2013
TommBR said:
Hey guys,

I'm looking for a game I played when I was in elementary school. Besides games like "Ski Free" or "Kye" there was this game, where you had like a square black surface. On that surface weird coloured lines were floating, and you had to cut lines/squares in that surface without touching those weird coloured lines. When you had cut a line/square that square would turn grey, and you had conquered that piece of surface. The objective was to get most of the screen grey, like 80%, then you win. This game is (I guess) based on the game Qix ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdEOH5O2kCo ), same objective, same kind of weird lines that are floating, but only a different version. I played it on the PC.

Thanks for reading (sorry for my bad English)

UPDATE: I finally found it! It's called FUSE and it is a microsoft windows game I guess.
Sounds more like QIX (when I google fuse I find a four-player cooperative action video game developed by Insomniac Games, but it could be that Fuse is a QIX clone. Sometimes games get names of already existing games, like Unreal or Fable)

tmanton1

Feb 2, 2015
Hi everyone! I'm desperately searching for a game that I downloaded to my PC around 1997 - 2000 (ish), it was a walk around game (kind of like Pokemon), and I have a vague recollection that it started with the letter 'A', and the logo was of a sword. The game started and your character lived in a house, with your parents, and you had 1 weapon at the beginning which was a stick, and you had to fight spiders in your room. Then you left home and went to learn spells and actions to fight people with. And there were various different worlds, like one made of ice where you had to find a princess. I think I'm going insane because I literally can't find it anywhere, but if you can help that would be greatly appreciated, Thank you :)

ZeroKylin

Feb 2, 2015
Okay... I can't remember the name of this game for the life of me... but I remember it was an old horror game for like the N64 or PS1 and it had a female protagonist, i wanna say she was a reporter of some sort... but the main part of the game you were being chased by a monster in some sort of house and I remember there was a part where you were in a bathroom and the monster was behind the curtains of the shower. And I want to say the main character was blonde. I don't Remember much because i was just a little kid and I never got past the beginning because I thought it was too scary x3 oh! and I'm pretty sure it was 3D...like the characters were 3D, not like actually popping at you xp

Pixelhunter

Dec 21, 2014
ZeroKylin said:
Okay... I can't remember the name of this game for the life of me... but I remember it was an old horror game for like the N64 or PS1 and it had a female protagonist, i wanna say she was a reporter of some sort... but the main part of the game you were being chased by a monster in some sort of house and I remember there was a part where you were in a bathroom and the monster was behind the curtains of the shower. And I want to say the main character was blonde. I don't Remember much because i was just a little kid and I never got past the beginning because I thought it was too scary x3 oh! and I'm pretty sure it was 3D...like the characters were 3D, not like actually popping at you xp
Maybe you were playing a game of the "Parasite Eve" series?

ktmsm

Feb 2, 2015
Looking for game:

ISOMETRIC LANDSCAPE with a JUMPING BALL.
Looks like old "Marble Madness" and "Q*bert" mashed together.
Ball is *always* jumping in place, up and down, and you use cursors to move it around.
Landscape "bricks" are all different sizes and placements and as your ball can only jump to certain height, you have to "navigate" through the landscape, always trying to go higher. There are different obstacles on your way. I kinda remember "skeletons" and some kind of "lawn machines" lol.

Possible Platform: ZX Spectrum/Atari/Amiga/C64

Any ideas?

ZeroKylin

Feb 2, 2015
Pixelhunter said:
ZeroKylin said:
unfortunately no :c it really wasn't centered around fighting and i don't think it was made by Square :eek:

szybqi

Feb 2, 2015
I have a tough one.
I'm polish, and when I was little i got a cd from magazine with demo of an adventure game on it. It was old I don't know which year it was when I got it. It had 2d pixel graphic, it was a point&click type. In the demo you were playing as a detective which got called to some high building where it turned out was a bomb. You defused it but the bad guys run away in a helicopter. After that you could go to map and drive to some other places but only one more was available. It was a garbage dump or something simillar where you found a heliicopter and a body of a woman, with breasts exposed, taken hostage in that accident before. That was where the demo ended.
I've been looking for this game for 2 hours now.

BaconSoap

Feb 2, 2015
This could be tricky, I couldn't find a scrap of information on this game anywhere on the internet.
The game was a 2D side-scrolling game that I played in 2003 or sometime near there at my friends place. It was on his laptop and it was in disc form. The game started you off in a space station(?) with a little dude that had a gun with very limited ammo and the way you viewed your ammo was to pause the game and there would be a thing telling you how many bullets you had left. The bullets were purple blob things. The levels were pretty short as I remember and the game was also pretty difficult. There were robots that you had to shoot and I remember that one was faster that the others and came over a hill to try and kill you. The game also had a demo mode where the game would show you how to complete the level or something and it would display in big letters 'DEMO' at the bottom of the screen. The game name started with a K and then an e I think.

Good luck trying to find a game with all this random information.

Pixelhunter

Dec 21, 2014
szybqi said:
I have a tough one.
I'm polish, and when I was little i got a cd from magazine with demo of an adventure game on it. It was old I don't know which year it was when I got it. It had 2d pixel graphic, it was a point&click type. In the demo you were playing as a detective which got called to some high building where it turned out was a bomb. You defused it but the bad guys run away in a helicopter. After that you could go to map and drive to some other places but only one more was available. It was a garbage dump or something simillar where you found a heliicopter and a body of a woman, with breasts exposed, taken hostage in that accident before. That was where the demo ended.
I've been looking for this game for 2 hours now.
ZeroKylin said:
Pixelhunter said:
ZeroKylin said:
unfortunately no :c it really wasn't centered around fighting and i don't think it was made by Square :eek:
Hmm... what about "Clock Tower"? Originally an SNES game it was ported to the PS1 as well.

bman0922

Feb 2, 2015
Ok this is going to be difficult to describe but here goes. There was a game I played when I was a kid and I think it was made in the late 90s. It was an single player game and it was a puzzle based game. You started the game off in a castle and it was during the medieval times. I'm pretty sure you were a wizard and I vaguely remember dragons helping out. I know this isn't much to go off of but I
can't figure the game out and I have been looking everywhere. Any help would be appreciated.

pjyelton

Feb 2, 2015
This game has been driving me nuts and I can't find any mention of it anywhere. It was an old puzzle game, 1980's I'm sure, and I am positive it was a computer game although which one I don't remember since I played it at my elementary school. The user is given a white square that gets fed into a conveyor belt type of machine. The user is also shown a finished square that had colored (green I think) stripes at various angles as well as different shaped holes. The object was to add machines to the conveyor belt so that you turn the white square you start out with to match the finished picture they were showing. The different machines you could add were a painting machine that painted one to three horizontal stripes, a machine that drills one to three holes, and a machine that rotates the square in increments of 45 degrees. For example, if you add in this order a machine that paints a single line, then another that rotates 90 degrees, then another that paints another single line, you would end up with a square that has lines in a cross pattern.

Any help would be appreciated! I remember finding it around 5 years ago but for the life of me I can't find it again and I've tried every search I can think of.

Cox Baigts

Feb 3, 2015
Okay guys, I really need help on these two games I remeber playing in my childhood. The first one was a Dracula game where your character moved left and right on its own, only changing directions when you bumbed into an obstacle. You could only jump or shoot your weapon. Certain weapons were used to kill the enemies, like silver bullets killing werewolves, crosses killing zombies. The goal was to get some keys to open the gates to the next level, ultimately killing dracula.
The otherone is a bit more complicated because I don't remember much of it. You were an animal (I don't really remember which one) that had the role of a spy of some sort and could turn into a superhero. What I most remember about it was a mini-game of some sort where you spied on some guy with a trenchcoat in an alley in dumpsters and at the end it asked you a question of what item he was carrying.
I hope I could get some answers on these games, thank you in advance!!

ZeroKylin

Feb 2, 2015
Pixelhunter said:
Hmm... what about "Clock Tower"? Originally an SNES game it was ported to the PS1 as well.
First of all, thank you for responding :) and... I don't recall the monster using any weapon... rather than what was on its body, and I wanna say the color of it was brown, but I don't think the game was a point n click :eek:

ZeroKylin

Feb 2, 2015
Cox Baigts said:
Okay guys, I really need help on these two games I remeber playing in my childhood. The first one was a Dracula game where your character moved left and right on its own, only changing directions when you bumbed into an obstacle. You could only jump or shoot your weapon. Certain weapons were used to kill the enemies, like silver bullets killing werewolves, crosses killing zombies. The goal was to get some keys to open the gates to the next level, ultimately killing dracula.
The otherone is a bit more complicated because I don't remember much of it. You were an animal (I don't really remember which one) that had the role of a spy of some sort and could turn into a superhero. What I most remember about it was a mini-game of some sort where you spied on some guy with a trenchcoat in an alley in dumpsters and at the end it asked you a question of what item he was carrying.
I hope I could get some answers on these games, thank you in advance!!
Okay.. I don't know if this will help at all but, the second game you described kinda sounds like Sly Cooper, but he was a thief, rather than a spy

mousecake

Jul 21, 2014
Hi Everyone. For years I have been tryng to figure out a game that left an impact on me, and now I have run into this website/topic. Thank you to all who read this:

I loved an snes game that my cousins and I had rented when we were 7(I'm 24 now). Though it's likely a platformer, the game art style resembles a cross of rpg and megaman. It has a character who uses some form tail(or staff) to bounce up and flying pet (maybe a blue bird of sorts?). I think he lived in a cottage, but something happens that it has to go through dangers and levels to acquire a special (gem?). However, after he does so, it is stolen by a thief(female?)right after you defeat the boss of a level. You then go after the thief, venturing inside a monster that looks like those giant monster desert worms with lots of sharp teeth. Once you reach far enough in that level and have avoided different parts of the monster that would kill you (ex. dripping digestive liquids),you see a corpse that resembles the thief. I think the character says something and you get the item(gem?) back.

I never finished the game, but that thief really imprinted into my memory. Other things I remember are the diverse level backgrounds-one which resembles ancient Egypt. It also feels like DK country since you select different structures to move your character to the level you want to play next-yet it does follow a story once you play a new level.

I hope these details will help.
Thanks again!

Note:posting again and hoping for the best~