Old Games you remember playing but can't remember the name of.

ChanKarik

Jan 25, 2015
mousecake said:
Hi Everyone. For years I have been tryng to figure out a game that left an impact on me, and now I have run into this website/topic. Thank you to all who read this:

I loved an snes game that my cousins and I had rented when we were 7(I'm 24 now). Though it's likely a platformer, the game art style resembles a cross of rpg and megaman. It has a character who uses some form tail(or staff) to bounce up and flying pet (maybe a blue bird of sorts?). I think he lived in a cottage, but something happens that it has to go through dangers and levels to acquire a special (gem?). However, after he does so, it is stolen by a thief(female?)right after you defeat the boss of a level. You then go after the thief, venturing inside a monster that looks like those giant monster desert worms with lots of sharp teeth. Once you reach far enough in that level and have avoided different parts of the monster that would kill you (ex. dripping digestive liquids),you see a corpse that resembles the thief. I think the character says something and you get the item(gem?) back.

I never finished the game, but that thief really imprinted into my memory. Other things I remember are the diverse level backgrounds-one which resembles ancient Egypt. It also feels like DK country since you select different structures to move your character to the level you want to play next-yet it does follow a story once you play a new level.

I hope these details will help.
Thanks again!

Note:posting again and hoping for the best~
Hey! That's Ardy Lightfoot!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ardy_Lightfoot

Mutant1988

Sep 9, 2013
szybqi said:
I have a tough one.
I'm polish, and when I was little i got a cd from magazine with demo of an adventure game on it. It was old I don't know which year it was when I got it. It had 2d pixel graphic, it was a point&click type. In the demo you were playing as a detective which got called to some high building where it turned out was a bomb. You defused it but the bad guys run away in a helicopter. After that you could go to map and drive to some other places but only one more was available. It was a garbage dump or something simillar where you found a heliicopter and a body of a woman, with breasts exposed, taken hostage in that accident before. That was where the demo ended.
I've been looking for this game for 2 hours now.
Hopkins FBI.

szybqi

Feb 2, 2015
Mutant1988 said:
szybqi said:
I have a tough one.
I'm polish, and when I was little i got a cd from magazine with demo of an adventure game on it. It was old I don't know which year it was when I got it. It had 2d pixel graphic, it was a point&click type. In the demo you were playing as a detective which got called to some high building where it turned out was a bomb. You defused it but the bad guys run away in a helicopter. After that you could go to map and drive to some other places but only one more was available. It was a garbage dump or something simillar where you found a heliicopter and a body of a woman, with breasts exposed, taken hostage in that accident before. That was where the demo ended.
I've been looking for this game for 2 hours now.
Hopkins FBI.
OMG, THANK YOU. It was driving me crazy yesterday :D

ashleigh03

Feb 1, 2015
I used to play a game when I was little, I've searched for it everywhere and I can't find anything!!
It was a Window PC game, around 1998-2002 maybe...
It was a game with hidden objects and the main character was a mouse who was possibly wearing clothes, cant really remember much from it but its really bugging me. I think it was a point and click game and I remember a water well and a witch, and the voices were quite echoey. I think the mouse had to find objects for other characters in the game to help them and so he could find something out? Please help me!

docdocdooc

Feb 3, 2015
I used to play a game on Windows 98... At that game you started at a beach with a kind of little boy or elf and a little rocket always goes behind you. You had to walk trough many islands that were connected by wooden bridges to reach one of the islands. The enemies on wooden bridges were dentures or teeth trying to bite you. Also were girls that gave you some hints like how to jump or collect some items (I remember only one item, similiar to a piece of green grass). I only remember this, anyone knows the game? Please help me! (the game was 3D graphics at that time)

Alcapone

Feb 3, 2015
I used to play this game somewhere 4 year ago, on PC, it's a online game. The game have 2 side, human and monster, human side have guns with hundreds of bullets, mines bombs flames and a lot of stuff. monster side you can produces bugs, looks like bugs in star strek some monster is bigger than the screen. I really like this game, thanks in advance.

UnicornCrazy

Jul 15, 2013
UnicornCrazy said:
UnicornCrazy said:
Heya, 9 or 10 years ago I played this game, where one controlled a marble and had to go through all these puzzles. The music and level backgrounds were always really nice, and extra levels appeared for Easter and Xmas and such, with music, level backgrounds, and sometimes extra puzzle components, all to match whatever holiday the set of levels was for.

I can't remember it much, (I was diddy at the time! xD) but sometimes I had to move the marble onto these pressure plates to toggle these yellow and black striped door things to get to the exit. I don't think it was possible to die, but some levels I found really hard, and I was never able to finish the game. It was a 2D game, just looking flat down onto the puzzle, with lots of bright colours. I think it had moveable blocks too, and I know each level was a tricky puzzle. It was REALLY addictive xD.

I don't remember much more than that, but if anyone knows what the game is called I'd be SO happy, cause I've been wanting to regain it for a few years now, and I just started searching but I've tried most search terms I can think of now and still haven't found it! :/
Please could someone help me find this game?

It was for computer and my parents said they found it for free download on the internet, and to say again it was completely 2D, and one looked straight down onto a completely flat puzzle.

I'll try to make a picture of what I remember of one of the puzzles and of the menu (I'll wait till I remember more for the menu though), but I'll describe them for now:

This one puzzle - I think it was puzzle 23? Had a blue background that I think was starry, and on one side there was a rainbow coloured waterfall with very basic animation. There were two pressure-plates toggling four yellow-and-black striped moving walls (They looked like doors to me, cause they moved on a hinge at one end). I think the static walls were completely yellow but I'm not 100% sure. I think the goal was a kind of hole or something that one had to get through the doors to get to. It had music that reminded me of being by a waterfall.

The menu had a blueish background, possibly starry again. I think it had the marble in it somewhere, but it might not had done. I think the menu buttons were a different shade of blue, with either white or gold lettering on them. I don't remember more than that atm though.

Still not found this game, but here is a rough picture of the menu I just did:

That's as best as I can do, I may not have it exactly right but it looked something like that.

To recap more briefly:
it was a 2d, top-down puzzle game for PC. It had a grid with various pieces, sort of like a cross between a maze and a puzzle. It is not Marble blast, Marble madness, Oxyd, Enigma, or Sansarom, I have checked all of those. It was a bit like Oxyd, but with larger squares a colourful background picture under it and no sidewalls. The board always covered the whole screen and it was very olourful/ I don't remember the game having had any plot. It was a free download my parents got, and probably made in the early 2000s. It was standalone and could be played without internet, but it was internet connected and regularly downloaded new levels, often special xmas or easter ones.

mousecake

Jul 21, 2014
ChanKarik said:
Hey! That's Ardy Lightfoot!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ardy_Lightfoot
Oh my goodness! That's, >exactly< it!!!! Thank you so much! You have no idea how long I have wanted to find the name of it! Now, for the hunt!! :]]]

Mayumu

Feb 3, 2015
I'm looking for this one game: it was a side-scrolling platformer. You'd control what I remember to look like a little dog, collect fruit and progress through levels and get to eventual bonus rooms. I remember it was very colorful. It's an old game, way pre-2000, I played it on my PC. Any hints would be appreciated.

@edit
Nevermind, after quite a bit of time, I found it~! It was Happyland Adventures

effarem

Feb 3, 2015
Somehow can't seem to find this in any list:

The game was from a top-down perspective, akin to Diablo 2 / 3, as far as I remember. You start as a young boy in a fantasy-setting village, doing the typical RPG stuff such as slaying rats in cellars and so on. Some catastrophe (?) happens, and you have to sneak out of the village to the next town, a sort of steampunk-y industrial town ... from there on out my memory is blurred.

Although it was - as far as I remember - from the early 2000's, it had quite advanced graphics (unless my mind is tricking me), and wasn't very grim, although I do remember quite a mix of magic and steampunk stuff. I played the game on PC, but might have been released on other platforms.

Guest Guestinson

Oct 21, 2011
effarem said:

The game was from a top-down perspective, akin to Diablo 2 / 3, as far as I remember. You start as a young boy in a fantasy-setting village, doing the typical RPG stuff such as slaying rats in cellars and so on. Some catastrophe (?) happens, and you have to sneak out of the village to the next town, a sort of steampunk-y industrial town ... from there on out my memory is blurred.

Although it was - as far as I remember - from the early 2000's, it had quite advanced graphics (unless my mind is tricking me), and wasn't very grim, although I do remember quite a mix of magic and steampunk stuff. I played the game on PC, but might have been released on other platforms.
Try "Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura".

Guest Guestinson

Oct 21, 2011
ktmsm said:
Looking for game:

ISOMETRIC LANDSCAPE with a JUMPING BALL.
Looks like old "Marble Madness" and "Q*bert" mashed together.
Ball is *always* jumping in place, up and down, and you use cursors to move it around.
Landscape "bricks" are all different sizes and placements and as your ball can only jump to certain height, you have to "navigate" through the landscape, always trying to go higher. There are different obstacles on your way. I kinda remember "skeletons" and some kind of "lawn machines" lol.

Possible Platform: ZX Spectrum/Atari/Amiga/C64

Any ideas?
Maybe "Diamond Ball 3". Second from the top. http://www.dosgames.com/g_puz2.php

effarem

Feb 3, 2015
Guest Guestinson said:
effarem said:

Try "Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura".
Sadly no, but thanks!

As far as I remember, you cannot choose your character, and you stay a relatively young boy (14-17ish?). It also had better graphics, at least Diablo 2 level (though not nearly as grim, but colourful rather), although my memory could trick me on that.

Vixous

Feb 3, 2015
i have a very bad memory but here goes...

i do remember finishing the game, but i don't really remember what the ending was. :p

-i remember that it was an rpg ps1 game.
-your charter was male.
-you wake up and you can roam around the house/hovel.
-i remember that the game was very long and it was kind of a puzzle/maze type of game.
- i think you were maybe a mechanic or an engineer.
- i remember passing through a desert maybe or like a canyon or maybe a mining town. To pass through the town or place, people would ask you for something like find the oil, then give it to this guy and the guy gives you a wrench so you can fix the thing that is blocking the exit to the town...something like that.
- i also remember passing through a fairy town...to pass through that place you had to race on a ladybug/beetle i think and you had to win.

sorry this was all i can remember not even sure if what remember is 100% correct, but i hope someone played this game. ^^

edunayev

Feb 4, 2015
Ok there's a game thats been bugging me for years but I can't remember the name for the life of me.

It was a racing/adventure type game for PC (either online or DVD) - I played early-mid 2000's.

You start with car options of like a van, a formula one type car that's fast but gets destroyed easily, and a few others. The goal is to beat the CPU's on various tracks (I can't remember how to beat them - I think by either destroying/beating by time/getting more points, not sure). Many tracks had ramps and yellow circles that you could drive through. Some of the cars that I can remember are the Nitrous Oxide (first car you unlock I believe - Charger type car); there was also this flatbed trailer truck car (google it if you don't know what that is), and one of the last ones you unlock was this insanely fast white car. White one started with an E, possibly had an 8 in the name as well. The final unlockable car was this basically indestructible monster truck. In order to unlock a car, you had to 'beat' the CPU using that vehicle on a map designed for that particular car.

Please help me find out the name of this game!

*****SOLVED********

I finally found it!!! Need for Madness!!!!!!!! So happy rn! Forget sleeping and going to school lol

Zep4

Feb 4, 2015
I mistakenly got rid of a favorite motorcycle, truck, ATV game years ago. It was either ps2 or 3. Had different offroad tracks for motorcycles and trucks. Motorcycles would jump huge natural hills and gaps. Remember doing Superman trick where riders feet would be practically in your face. Loved this game! Have all the MX vs. Atv games but none are it. Think it came out just prior to PS3 coming out, so probably was ps2. Excellent graphics, but can't find the game on game lists I see online. How could this have been so good yet not on any lists?

Zep4

Feb 4, 2015
I mistakenly got rid of a favorite motorcycle, truck, ATV game years ago. It was either ps2 or 3. Had different offroad tracks for motorcycles and trucks. Motorcycles would jump huge natural hills and gaps. Remember doing Superman trick where riders feet would be practically in your face. Loved this game! Have all the MX vs. Atv games but none are it. Think it came out just prior to PS3 coming out, so probably was ps2. Excellent graphics, but can't find the game on game lists I see online. How could this have been so good yet not on any lists?

DXMax

Jan 14, 2015
There is one game I have been trying to find that I played in the early 90s, but it may have came out in the 1980s. I didn't post it before because I remember so little about it.

It was on the Amstrad CPC and I played it on the Amstrad 6128+. I don't remember much about the game, except one part showed a map of the world and you were asked geography questions(I think the questions were multiple choice) and I think there was a hot air balloon on the screen that moved about at times (maybe it moved to where on the map your answer to a question was) Maybe the answer to one question was Lisbon.

The next part of the game I remember very little about, but it had a black screen with green trees and bushes on it and maybe benches, maybe you were in a maze and had to get out of it, or you were in a park and it was either side scrolling or a top down view. Possibly the level was a puzzle that you had to arrange the peices in a certain time period to make an image.

It was so long since I played it, I don't fully remember everything, but if anyone can even guess what this could be, please let met know as its been bugging me for years.

Vixous said:
i have a very bad memory but here goes...

i do remember finishing the game, but i don't really remember what the ending was. :p

-i remember that it was an rpg ps1 game.
-your charter was male.
-you wake up and you can roam around the house/hovel.
-i remember that the game was very long and it was kind of a puzzle/maze type of game.
- i think you were maybe a mechanic or an engineer.
- i remember passing through a desert maybe or like a canyon or maybe a mining town. To pass through the town or place, people would ask you for something like find the oil, then give it to this guy and the guy gives you a wrench so you can fix the thing that is blocking the exit to the town...something like that.
- i also remember passing through a fairy town...to pass through that place you had to race on a ladybug/beetle i think and you had to win.

sorry this was all I can remember not even sure if what remember is 100% correct, but i hope someone played this game. ^^
I remember a game like your mentioning, I don't know what it is, but I do remember starting the game as a male character and waking up in the morning in a bedroom, the desert/canyon area you mentioned, and the race in the fairy area and having to win a race to get past this area.

Do you remember starting the game in (I think) your bedroom in the morning? I vaguely remember something like that.

I would also like to know what this game is.

Tash10102

Feb 4, 2015
I had a game I have been trying desperately to figure out what it was. The only problem is I have so few details... google can't help. Maybe you guys can help me? I don't even know if the game was ever released or if I was playing a demo. I don't know what console it was on, I don't know names or anything. So this is what I have:

You played two boys...possibly brothers, you were tribal boys that ran through the forest (doing something).. can't recall what.

It was somewhere in the early to mid 2000s, I played the game when i was much younger at a Mcdonalds play console thingy.

This is driving me nuts, it was a pretty good game as far as I remember but oh my.. my memory is rough.

Please help!

I'm really leaning towards the console being a PlayStation also...

dontwannaname

Feb 4, 2015
did you ever figure it out?....im almost 100% sure we are looking for the same game...did the character start in a apartment? and in the opening movie it showed bad things in the world like famine and disease?