Old Games you remember playing but can't remember the name of.

Silver247

Feb 14, 2012
I'm certain this game was for ps1. Otherwise it's Dreamcast. It was a cartoony style game that had multiple disks to it. Basically your character is going through one of four doors or paths in a mansion or maze to escape from some kind of monster that will kill or eat you if you choose the wrong door or take to long to choose. For the life of me I can't find this thing. Links to House of the Dead or Parasite Eve keep coming up. But it's not them. The animation style was like a cartoon. Any info would be awesome.

Nidhoeggr

Feb 14, 2012
Hello,

im looking for a game which i played somewhere between '95 and '97

it was either for mega drive, genisis or saturn but im decently sure it was saturn, due to graphics

in the opening scene(i think) you had to run from some black puma, or it might even was some black alien animal(there is a cutscene i think which shows that thing, thats why i think it was on sega saturn)
the setting was a jungle and you had to run to the left, until you come to a cliff where you jump on a vine and swing, so that animal-thing doesnt get you
you swing around, past it and then run to the right and keep fleeing from it

in another setting you are imprisoned, until you manage to get out(i think its a cage hanging up in the air and then you just drop down)
you have a small lasor cannon and run through some futuristic giant building, fighting guards with lasor cannons too

hope someone gets it, this ones been bugging me forever now :)

kat0109

Feb 14, 2012
Hi, found this thread trying to find a game.

You play a girl and are new in town. There's a blonde popular bitchy girl with a chiuaua in her purse that you have "***** fights" with - a box pops up and you click on words to see who wins. You went on a date with her ex boyfriend so she hates you.

There's different areas of the town - your neighborhood, the city, and a shitty part of town.

Frenchcake

Feb 15, 2012
I used to play a game (I think in the late 90s or early 2000s) on my computer. I'm pretty sure it was on a disk. You were a robot on Earth and there were aliens there taking the people. The object was to save the people by touching them. In the first level, you were on a farm where there were evil tomatoes, onions, and corn that you had to kill. Does anyone remember the name of this game? I've searched all over and it's making my head hurt.

Bucht

Apr 22, 2010
I'm looking for a PS2 game:
You controlled a grey/silver car that could fire turrets and drop landmines, and if the car got to much damage it turned into a motorcycle (which also had the turrets and mines).
I remember the campaign being horrible but the local co-op was fun as hell.
I'm also pretty sure that it was a sequel (= it had a big "2" at the end of the title).

Pink Gregory

Jul 30, 2008
Nidhoeggr said:
Hello,

it was either for mega drive, genisis or saturn but im decently sure it was saturn, due to graphics

in the opening scene(i think) you had to run from some black puma, or it might even was some black alien animal(there is a cutscene i think which shows that thing, thats why i think it was on sega saturn)
the setting was a jungle and you had to run to the left, until you come to a cliff where you jump on a vine and swing, so that animal-thing doesnt get you

in another setting you are imprisoned, until you manage to get out(i think its a cage hanging up in the air and then you just drop down)
you have a small lasor cannon and run through some futuristic giant building, fighting guards with lasor cannons too

That'll be Another World/Out of this World, available on GOG.com if I'm not mistaken.

Alex Dunn

Apr 5, 2010
Roomate's girlfriend remembers a Playstation 1 game with large-headed, anthropomorphic characters that she believes were secret agents. Thoughts?

hobitu

Feb 16, 2012
I'm looking for the same game;i can remember that it had a bird eye view, that yellow car was actually a school bus;there was an green 4x4 with a red plus, like ambulance has in it's sides.Hmmm, there was also a car like a buggy, purple; i remember a map with jungle and had to pass a wooden bridge. It was 3d i think;I played this game @ 2000 or 1999.It had a nice Graphic compared to the rest of games.And also i remember a lightning was hitting my car sometimes but i don't remember why, was a part of the map, or a ability, i really wanna play that game again. Anyone any clue?

hobitu

Feb 16, 2012
famer said:
Gibboniser said:
An old racing game,, played it about 10 years ago I think, it was for pc and ps1. all I can remember was being able to choose a police car, and this one map, err, it had a high cliff, jungle bit, and I think there was a volcano in there somewhere.
I think you are after the same game I am. I tried to look it from here and through google couple of weeks ago but in vain. The game had a bird eye view and I have a memory about yellow car ? I absolutely remember the volcano and the cliff which had serpentine roads.
I'm looking for the same game;i can remember that it had a bird eye view, that yellow car was actually a school bus;there was an green 4x4 with a red plus, like ambulance has in it's sides.Hmmm, there was also a car like a buggy, purple; i remember a map with jungle and had to pass a wooden bridge. It was 3d i think;I played this game @ 2000 or 1999.It had a nice Graphic compared to the rest of games.And also i remember a lightning was hitting my car sometimes but i don't remember why, was a part of the map, or a ability, i really wanna play that game again. Anyone any clue?

Sram

Sep 3, 2011
hobitu said:
famer said:
Gibboniser said:
An old racing game,, played it about 10 years ago I think, it was for pc and ps1. all I can remember was being able to choose a police car, and this one map, err, it had a high cliff, jungle bit, and I think there was a volcano in there somewhere.
I think you are after the same game I am. I tried to look it from here and through google couple of weeks ago but in vain. The game had a bird eye view and I have a memory about yellow car ? I absolutely remember the volcano and the cliff which had serpentine roads.
I don't know it by the original name, as the German name for the Screamer series is "Bleifuss", but I think it's Bleifuss Fun, or Ignition
So look it up at google if it's the game you're looking for.

hobitu

Feb 16, 2012
Sram said:
hobitu said:
famer said:
Gibboniser said:
I don't know it by the original name, as the German name for the Screamer series is "Bleifuss", but I think it's Bleifuss Fun, or Ignition
So look it up at google if it's the game you're looking for.

MAN YOU JUST MADE MY LIFE HAPPIER...Thank you so much, i'm very happy i found the game of my childhood, i'll stick arownd this forum maybe i can help people like you did with me :D ..Thank you again, imma go play it now :D

Chanel Tompkins

Nov 8, 2011
Silver247 said:
I'm certain this game was for ps1. Otherwise it's Dreamcast. It was a cartoony style game that had multiple disks to it. Basically your character is going through one of four doors or paths in a mansion or maze to escape from some kind of monster that will kill or eat you if you choose the wrong door or take to long to choose. For the life of me I can't find this thing. Links to House of the Dead or Parasite Eve keep coming up. But it's not them. The animation style was like a cartoon. Any info would be awesome.
Could it possibly be Clock Tower or one of its sequels?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clock_Tower_%281996_video_game%29
http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps/196936-clock-tower/images

CD-R

Mar 1, 2009
Nidhoeggr said:
Hello,

Pretty sure you described Another World/ Out of this world

http://www.gog.com/en/gamecard/another_world_15th_anniversary_edition

CD-R

Mar 1, 2009
Pumpkin noodle said:
I remember playing A game in about 2002-2004 on an old PC. It was a game like you are in a concentration camp, you need to escape. You cannot be seen by any guards or be heard. A few plays in, you need to get a truck to blow up something...I don't remember a lot of details. It is not prison break or red orchestra. I believe it was a windows 2000 if that helps.
Is it the Great Escape?

CD-R

Mar 1, 2009
shadowbr2 said:
well speaking of old games,i have 1 played when i was seven years old maybe, its was a some sort of space combat dogfighting with lasers, missiles and all that stuff, i getting annoying since i started to play Starcraft 2 because i remember its kind similar(not the RTS stuff) about the hyperion, we are a organization,im inside a mothership, i have a commander to give me orders & missions, i cant remember about my ship. now about the combat i remember that we can either go to auto pilot mode to automaticaly skips to battlearea or we can go manually(but take a lot of time) i remember that i also could boost the speed of my ship temporaly. about the plot, i recall having a commander but after some missions we get attacked by another mothership with a woman as the commander. as we proceed to engage it, i receive a menssage asking me to betray my commander, this is where i can either betray or remain loyal proceeding to detroy whatever side i chose.

somewhat its is NOT related to star wars or star trek but i could be wrong.
played on pc windows 98 or 95
genre: space combat simulation
graphic: kind primitive 3D, better but still similar to FPS doom.
That could be Free Space or the Wing Commander series.

Chizzicle

Mar 11, 2011
Brandor said:
Then there was this fighting game on the PC. I remeber it quiet well. The idea was that you could play as tiny animals that had been some how cyberneticaly altered to turn into mechnaized warriors at the flick of a wrist. The main bad guy was a creepy old guy whole could turn into what looked like a mechnaized version of a battle toad. I could never beat do to my general lack of fighting game knowledge back then and the fact that the last boss was ridculously hard.
I'm pretty sure I'm looking for the same game and since this was posted 15 pages ago with no answer I think it's worth trying again.

edit: Found it! The game's called Battle Beast
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_Beast

SycoMantis91

Dec 21, 2011
I got two for ya. One you can probably help with, one I'm probably forever doomed to never play again.

The first is a 3D brawler on the PS1 (I'm pretty certain). I think it had two words in the name but don't quote me on that. You played as one of I think four people. The part that's actually helpful is that I can kidna remember the box (jewel case, w/e) are for it. It has all 4 characters but I can't picture the title. One of them is a huge bald dude in a wifebeater. Another is what I think its a brunetty chick, hair to probably her shoulders, a red shirt, and biker gloves. It had a sequel too, I believe.

The other one I think is also PS1, though it might be Genesis/Megadrive or something like that. I don't rememeber much of anything. One of the characters i believe was in a purple clown suit and I think had a staff. I think it was a side-scroller and I remember it being fairly high on the weird/quirky scale.

UltraStationJin

Jul 2, 2008
It's a Sega Genesis game.

It's 2 players.

Both players play as one of two guys.

It's a side scroller with the players running from left to right.

One player is on the top half of the screen with the other player on the bottom half.

The top and bottom stages that the players traverse are identical.

The point of the game is to get to the girl at the end of the level first to date her.

Along the way you're platforming and getting power ups to both help yourself and sabotage your friend on the other half of the screen.

I actually still have the game, but it's back home in a box in my room.

My mom and/or sister lost the actual Sega Genesis console with no explanation or anything as to its whereabouts. Nothing but attitude when I express concern and pissed offedness at their blatant disregard.

So I'll never play the game again.