Old Games you remember playing but can't remember the name of.

oceanwilde

Feb 21, 2010
Dajosch said:
oceanwilde said:
I am re-posting this as I still haven't managed to figure out which game is haunting my memory.

The game came on an early 2000's European PC game magazine demo disc. It could have been PCGamer, PCZone or a Finnish PC game magazine.

What I remember is something like this:

You start out in a nomadic camp in a desert. The game is either an action-adventure or an RPG (possibly a hybrid). You (a male protagonist, I believe) go around the camp talking to people and completing tasks. It has a fantasy/sci-fi like setting. You are preparing to leave the camp for some reason. One of the tasks involves getting a rudimentary weapon (a sword or a stick?). Once you have left the camp and entered the desert, the demo ends. It is a 3D game, and I *think* it's in the third-person. You can jump. I remember some strange, alien animals (although the people in the camp were all human as was the protagonist). Everything was a very tan brown, "desert" colour. The buildings looked like brown stone huts or tents.
This is all I can remember. I'm not even sure how much of it is accurate, and how much of it my mind has made up over the years.
I remember being impressed by the "freedom" it offered and the graphics.
I was easily impressed back then.

It is not Outcast, or Heavy Metal FAKK 2 (as some people have suggested).

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. I may also have a surprise gift for the person that manages to find the game for me? ;)
Never played it, but the desert theme might point to Severance: Blade Of Darkness [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Severance:_Blade_of_Darkness]. That was the first game featuring blood realistically running down stairs if I remember correctly ;)

cadavera8 said:
The game I'm looking for was some kind of adventure RPG for windows 95 or possibly 98. You started by building a party from a few different typical classes (warrior, wizard, amazon, etc.) and assigning points to various stats. When you explored on the overworld, the game seemed to be in first person (in 3D), but whenever you were attacked your party would appear in front of you and fight the monster (in 2D). Fighting was difficult to control, the monsters were usually huge and the game was very difficult. I remember that it was on my computer when I first got it. Any ideas?
Could be Drakkhen [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drakkhen]. There's a rather nice video from the Until We Win series by LordKat about it. [http://www.lordkat.com/until-we-win?page=1]
Thank you for the helpful suggestion! Unfortunately, it wasn't the game I was looking for... I wish I could find the original demo disc I played this game on (but I believe my parents have disposed of that years ago). Sometimes I wonder whether my young mind made up half the details, as no one so far has been able to name the game...
Nevertheless, I appreciate your answer :). I do hope that I manage to find the name of this "mystery" game someday.

My offer still stands, if anyone can find the right game for me, I am willing to gift a Steam/GG game in return (from a list of giftable games I currently own).

Jansen345

Aug 18, 2012
Hey Im looking for a old game. Not sure what platform, I belive MS-DOS maybe? Not sure. Or some old arcade type like Atari or Nintendo. It's japanese made, anime kinda. You were a cyborg, like a dude in a blue armor, no helmet on he had like black hair. It was platform, so he walked sideways and everything was like futuristic, like a future city or whatever and basicly you killed a bunch of robots. Some were really big and took a lot of time to kill and had some spots that you had to cut with your sword in order to kill them. Yeah and he used a sword to attack. When I say platform I mean he walk and the camera saw him sideways. Yeah thats about all I rembember. Help! Ah and the music was like really groovy and kinda bluesy.

raptorhunter6

Aug 18, 2012
Hi, I just registered because I saw how well other people found the games of their past or so to speak. I have a question that has been bothering me for years. It was a game of the early 2000's or mid-late 1990's. It was a first person 3D-Environment PC game set in a medieval time, with enemy skeletons, giant spiders and if I remember correctly, a dragon inside a cave with lava, not so sure about the lava nor the actual color of the dragon, might have been red. There were swords, crossbows and crypts and dungeons. It was pretty scary. In the intro it would show a sword briefly shown between several cut scenes in which one I recall had some knights, with bows&arrows and swords getting attacked by the aforementioned dragon. I could say there might have been a giant in a town somewhere and dwarve-things but can't be so sure. There was a part that was set in the outside of a gloomy castle but can't remember much after that. I checked out Morrowind, and Daggerfall but definitely not it, nor StoneKeep either. If I remember correctly there was an option to completely remove the monsters, or it might have been a glitch, but I can't be so sure. Please help me find out the name of this game, as it brings back so much memories and I have been dying to play it for years. Thanks in advanced.

Rotnirik

Aug 2, 2012
Back Again!
I'm looking for another game that I played on a Demo Disc as a kid.

-It was an arena like game where you picked a character and fought against another character in an over head view, in some form of landscape.
-Very similar play style to The Unholy War, for those of you who have played it.
-I remember just one character, who sort of threw what looked like green blades of magic or air at his opponents.

Any suggestions would be great :)

Feb 18, 2009
kyjoko said:
I remember this game I played when i was younger on my PC. You where a little flying ball with a propeller, I was in 3D, a bit 3rd-person-ish angle. And you should fly, drawing lines and fill up the whole square you where on, without touching the balls rolling around. I remember pretty much exactly how it looked. But not the name :/
Think it was made in early 2000
Could it be Xonix, or Airxonix, or some other Qix remake?

Tanasren

Aug 18, 2012
Hi,

I can't remember two games on PC I think they are both before 2000 (or max 2002):

1) It was on PC. It was about the Lion King, i guess there were mini games like throwing berries to animals like hyaenas, but there was a mini game where you could play multiplayer local (on the same PC) and you had to win against the other lion in a maze with tree trunks. Lol. Every step you left footprints on the ground (red for player 1 and blue for player 2)
Lol that description is shit.

2) A point and Click adventure game on PC where the main character travelled between strange worlds. I think he pressed a button on a remote control and then he teleported to a new world.
There was a world with an Alien watching tv (in blakc and white I guess or green) and drinking "beer" like Homer Simpson. I also think there is a world where you are in a black and white world but it's the show that the Alien is watching on TV.
There was also a medieval world where you found a bag in a (dead) tree and there was a door of a tower or a castle in the same world.

The game box was blue and huge LOL.

lol i guess it's a bad game since I couldn't find it !

Feb 18, 2009
darkjead said:
darkjead said:
Hi guys how you doin? hope yall're ok, hm...

There was this game about a dog or something... that i don't really remember what was the goal of the game, but... he was just going around fighting with a lot of extrange things, his powers was changing his hair style on different ways like, if you get an spray your hair turns bristling red and if you find a machine to shave your hair style gets into a Mohawk... i guess i remember that the boss of the first stage was a giant bald eagle or a vulture or something i just remember it was a very big bird... it throws you eggs you have to find a way to kill it... i remember that in the start of one stage you find a megaphone and he scream and breaks the whole windows and kills the mobs around... PLEASE if someone knows the name of the game please tell me i really have to play it i NEED IT! for my gamer childhood i need it :/ i guess it was an SNES game... or SEGA i don't remember but it was one of those 2...
Impossible to find? :(
Rocky Rodent, maybe, for the SNES? Haven't played it myself, but that hairdo mechanic rings a bell.

Tanasren

Aug 18, 2012
Inalian said:
"First:
- platformer
- rather dark graphic
- your character can change to wolf to gain certain benefits (like higher jumps)
lol i don't think it's the game you search because you said "platformer" but Blood Omen : legacy of Kain had very dark graphics, 1996 and could change to wolf to jump higher.

------

Strawbs said:
Hey I'm trying to find what I think was an asian game from the 90's. 95-97 I think. I just had a demo on some free cd with lots of other demos.

Anyway you were this youngish bald/shaved character in an asian fishing village, I remember being bitten by small crabs. The game was named after your main character I think. There was some random person who you had to help find their umbrella. There was also a wise man on a nearby mountain you had to visit and wind-up penguins which you used to get past a guarded door? Really strange game, which makes it even more frustrating that I can't find it!

I'd be over the moon with any help. Pulling my hair out!
Fortune cookies ? I know it was very weird but I didn't play it much.

Danny Delic

Aug 18, 2012
Asian/Japanese Game For the PS2 (Think Capcom was the producer, but definitely not sure)

You start in a dark mysterious forest with basics.

There is a stage with a giant worksite and another one in sewers.

The game ends with a 1on1 Face-off between the main character and some character in the main-hub I think you knew the entire game.

The main-hub is afaik a giant tower.

You are a samurai guy and you collect like blue-orbs or some stuff.

You fought green like/red/blue demons. I think they were similar to those in Okami.

I think you had this menu where you can select 1-2 special skills of those special creatures you killed.

The game was slightly cartoonish

Thanks in advance.

Edit: Game had high-tech stuff. So it isn't a medieval game.

Solved: Game was Musashi: Samurai Legend.

Batou667

Oct 5, 2011
darkjead said:
darkjead said:
Hi guys how you doin? hope yall're ok, hm...

There was this game about a dog or something... that i don't really remember what was the goal of the game, but... he was just going around fighting with a lot of extrange things, his powers was changing his hair style on different ways like, if you get an spray your hair turns bristling red and if you find a machine to shave your hair style gets into a Mohawk... i guess i remember that the boss of the first stage was a giant bald eagle or a vulture or something i just remember it was a very big bird... it throws you eggs you have to find a way to kill it... i remember that in the start of one stage you find a megaphone and he scream and breaks the whole windows and kills the mobs around... PLEASE if someone knows the name of the game please tell me i really have to play it i NEED IT! for my gamer childhood i need it :/ i guess it was an SNES game... or SEGA i don't remember but it was one of those 2...
Impossible to find? :(
Dnyamite Headdy?

Jansen345

Aug 18, 2012
Hey Im looking for a old game. Not sure what platform, I belive MS-DOS maybe? Not sure. Or some old arcade type like Atari or Nintendo. It's japanese made, anime kinda. You were a cyborg, like a dude in a blue armor, no helmet on he had like black hair. It was platform, so he walked sideways and everything was like futuristic, like a future city or whatever and basicly you killed a bunch of robots. Some were really big and took a lot of time to kill and had some spots that you had to cut with your sword in order to kill them. Yeah and he used a sword to attack. When I say platform I mean he walk and the camera saw him sideways. Yeah thats about all I rembember. Help! Ah and the music was like really groovy and kinda bluesy.

raptorhunter6

Aug 18, 2012
raptorhunter6 said:
Hi, I just registered because I saw how well other people found the games of their past or so to speak. I have a question that has been bothering me for years. It was a game of the early 2000's or mid-late 1990's. It was a first person 3D-Environment PC game set in a medieval time, with enemy skeletons, giant spiders and if I remember correctly, a dragon inside a cave with lava, not so sure about the lava nor the actual color of the dragon, might have been red. There were swords, crossbows and crypts and dungeons. It was pretty scary. In the intro it would show a sword briefly shown between several cut scenes in which one I recall had some knights, with bows&arrows and swords getting attacked by the aforementioned dragon. I could say there might have been a giant in a town somewhere and dwarve-things but can't be so sure. There was a part that was set in the outside of a gloomy castle but can't remember much after that. I checked out Morrowind, and Daggerfall but definitely not it, nor StoneKeep either. If I remember correctly there was an option to completely remove the monsters, or it might have been a glitch, but I can't be so sure. Please help me find out the name of this game, as it brings back so much memories and I have been dying to play it for years. Thanks in advanced.
I found it, nevermind, it's Legends of Might and Magic.

Atila Keresturi

Aug 10, 2012
So, this is an older game...you have the ability to chose from a few characters...two of them are brother and sister...they're all like little colored hairy (fuzzy) balls...you use the keyboard to move, and the spacebar is for getting a speed up if I remember correctly...and there's some weird vampire on the end of the game, and when you beat him, you unlock some doctor...can someone help me?
I also remember that there are different designed leveles...one is a desert, another is a yard? o_O, third one is a cave...Anyone, please? *_*

Jordan23

Aug 15, 2012
Jordan23 said:
cloroxbb said:
Jordan23 said:
Can anyone please help identify a game that I've been trying to remember? I believe its a sega or nes game. It's a sideview game and you do puzzles in some sort of land and go through ants hill underground. For some reason, I keep remembering the color purple for some reason. Thanks.
sounds like Lemmings
No. That's not it. The game is very vague in my mind. I remember it mainly taking place on grassy areas where you have to avoid objects and then also go through underground ant hill like mazes to keep moving through the level.
The post below us mentioned a game called Little Nemo: The Dream Master. That seems to be exactly like the game I'm looking for. Were there any other Little Nemo games for NES or similiar sidescrolling games with green environments?

Jordan23

Aug 15, 2012
Little Nemo: The Dream Master seems familiar but I do remember more green environments with mazes in the game that I remember playing?

Durgiun

Dec 25, 2008
OK, so there's this one top-down isometric perspective, from the upper left, game from the 90s. You had a few characters (one of whom was a long-black haired woman, I think in a tank top), all the characters left little black footprints on the ground when they moved, the bottom of the screen had a brown control panel of sorts with a relief of the character you were playing as.

Later in the level you went underground and fought mutated bug-creature monsters. Then after that, you had to go back up top to the very first store you enter at the beginning and talk to the owner.

I think it took place in a junkyard, but I could be wrong on that one.

Lord Roach

Aug 19, 2012
Ok if someone already talked about his game I apologize, I'm new to the forum thing and don't really know how to search for stuff haha. I've played this pc game a long time ago, I think in 2001 or 2002, idk when it exactly was released since I was too young to pay attention to those things, like the title of the game. Anyway, this alien dude had this ship with a 'female' AI personality, and I think he was a bit in love with the ship. They crash landed on a planet, and he had to leave to search for parts to repair her with. I remember tht when u were closer to the ship she could help with battles by shooting at your enemies, which were wild animals and alien zombie-like guys with robotic arms and blinking antennas comin from their heads. Later u find a tribe of those same aliens, before the robotic changes, and most of the aliens are dead and a lot are displayed on spikes around. They were red and white in color if that helps. You then had to guard a surviving one which was hard because he always stepped in front of u and wound up getting killed. Then I remember some part where you see what happens to the natives, and u hear screaming and see aliens on cotts with missing limbs.
The main alien was green, and on his ship in the beginning u c a pic of a woman alien that was tan and wearing a teal dress that showed most of her butt. I assumed tht was the 'ship' but idr. Anyone ever heard of a game like tht? I really would like to know what it was called.