Old Games you remember playing but can't remember the name of.

LeBard

Oct 21, 2012
rickganfei said:
Hi. In thee 90's I used to play an arcade game about a boy (he kind of looked like Songoku when he was a kid. He had a similar red outfit). This boy shoots fireballs and he is in some kind of sewers I believe. He used to play against monsters. Its a 2D game, action/plataforms. Any clue? Been looking for it fo a couple of years and can't find anything about it. Thanks
........you don't mean mario do you? XDD

Sarcasm is my buddy

Oct 22, 2012
Heylo~ I dunno if this'll help much, but I remember playing a game way back in 2008ish (PS2), and I can't remember the title. I do remember though, it had a talking pig, and a boss battle in the beginning where these weird, (blue) tall aliens capture the protagonist's children (not sure if they were hers...). Also, I remember that you got to take this steamboat/motorboat around to go to different places and racing competitions. I guess in a way it followed a steampunk genre, if only in the slightest.
PLEASE help... I might just loose my sanity over this game... If ya know what I mean...

rickganfei

Oct 17, 2012
LeBard said:
rickganfei said:
Hi. In thee 90's I used to play an arcade game about a boy (he kind of looked like Songoku when he was a kid. He had a similar red outfit). This boy shoots fireballs and he is in some kind of sewers I believe. He used to play against monsters. Its a 2D game, action/plataforms. Any clue? Been looking for it fo a couple of years and can't find anything about it. Thanks
........you don't mean mario do you? XDD

LOL! No. This was an action game. The character was a young boy, with a red outfit kid of like Goku. He shot fireballs against monsters. It wasn't a very famous game, because I only played it in an arcade place, and never saw it again!

Curratum

Sep 26, 2012
Sarcasm is my buddy said:
Heylo~ I dunno if this'll help much, but I remember playing a game way back in 2008ish (PS2), and I can't remember the title. I do remember though, it had a talking pig, and a boss battle in the beginning where these weird, (blue) tall aliens capture the protagonist's children (not sure if they were hers...). Also, I remember that you got to take this steamboat/motorboat around to go to different places and racing competitions. I guess in a way it followed a steampunk genre, if only in the slightest.
PLEASE help... I might just loose my sanity over this game... If ya know what I mean...
Beyond Good and Evil?

windson7

Oct 22, 2012
Hey there, guys!
I reeeally hope someone answers me in my lifetime :*(
First off, I can very clearly remember only a few screencaps and I'll try to explain them as best as I can.
There was this old 2D-3D side scroller shooter:

1. graphics: 2000-2004 estimated. They were 2D-3D. Everything could move. Some powerups and effects were 2D sprites with only a few frames of animation. The game supported only 4:3 resolutions. The main menu was 3D, i think. I vaguely remember 3 stages - underwater, entering a space station and an orange/desert planet, but there were more because what I played was a demo version.

2. gameplay: side scroller shooter in space and different planets. You had different missions to do. The story was linear. There were different powerups you could get, and there was also a scoring/highscore system. AFAIR, there were 2 ships - one blue and one red (but there could have been a green one). One ship attatched powerups in his front and the other one - on the back. I can't quite remember what the powerups were exactly, but they were like double damage, different weapons, shields and such. The screen constantly moved to the right automatically and enemies kept coming from the right to the left. There were also cutscenes. Also, whenever enemies came, there were warnings (Like "Watch out! Enemies in front of you!") via text.

3. sound: the sounds were of pretty good quality. there was some intense music, i think. Sorry, I can't add more as all I remember is visual.

If anyone is so kind as to reply to me, please do in both the thread and in personal message.

Thank you in advance!

Kim Lundwall

Oct 21, 2012
Kim Lundwall said:
Ohh hi!

I've been trying to figure out the name of an old amiga arcade game.
All I remember from it:
You are a green ball with a "human-looking" face and bounches around in space/on planets.
It doesn't sound that fun, but I remember I loved it as a child. Haha.

Anyone?
I think it came out same time as "Terry" and the "Star Wars - Return of the Jedi" arcade games. Or later..

never mind! found it, Wizball :D

darkgamer98

Mar 29, 2011
I don't remember when it came out but I remember it was a turned based strategy game that 3 races, one was humans, one was the grey aliens, and the last I can no remember. I hope someone can help cause I used to play it all the time but when i changed computers I lost the CD and can't remember the name.

Doom972

Dec 25, 2008
Back in the DOS days, I played a side-scroller where you play this woman who resembles Morticia Addams to some degree, and I remember an instance where I found a lava pool out of which came three huge hydra heads. It looked pretty impressive for its time (early 90s, IIRC) and it used the "What letter appears first in page x, line y" copy protection.

Does anyone recognize this game?

Jerry Poon

Oct 22, 2012
A game played in an arcade around the year 2002. It is one of those shoot em up games where you choose your character which has a unique weapon. One character has a scattergun, who wears a red vest. Another character has a laser gun (i think he wears green). (others i dont remember)

You can jump which the character does a somersault and dodges every projectile.

each character has a special skill. the scattergun can throw grenades and the laser guy can detonate a laser thing which surrounds him.

first level boss is a truck (i think) which has a weakness at the front area. Before each boss fight, there will be a few seconds which the screen shows where to shoot the boss with the red target indicating the weakness.

I think you can have 2 players and can jump into tanks (similar to metal slug but i remember it is a vertical screen scroll)

Thanks

Clement Saggers

Aug 10, 2012
Ok, can ANYBODY tell me the names of these games?

One was where you were driving a car that you had stolen and you were taking it to the person who wanted it. It had a sort of top-down view, (like in highway persuit) and the cops were chasing you as well. I know it wasn't any of the driver, grand theft auto or need for speed games.

Next is another driving game were the passengers are robots (if I remember correctly) and you take them where they needed to go. I remember one was like a baby robot, another one was a sort of partying robot (or something), I would give a better description of that game, but that's all I can remember right now.

Finally one game I CAN remember the name of but can't find anywhere, Rifle Range, I think it was on a collection called "200 games compendium" or something like that, the game where you drive the robots around was on it too if I remember.

I've searched and searched and searched all over the web, but to no avail, it keeps coming up with board games most of the time for some reason.

So does anybody know (or even heard) of these games? I would like to have them in my collection again.

Yishmael

Oct 23, 2012
I'm really trying to remember this old car game with a top-down view (kinda like the first GTA, unless you're limited to your car) in which:

1. it was some kind of futuristic, free-roam car game where there were several worlds which you could travel to by means of portals

2. you could either be a merchant to get money, which then you would use to get new chars and guns (yes, there were guns attached to the cars)

3. NPCs lived underground and you had to open doors on the ground with your car and fall into them... In the starting world I remember these NPCs were worm-like creatures and one of them even kept saying ACHTUNG!

4. Your car could jump over obstacles.. it would "charge" your jump ammount if you kept the key pressed and then jump on button release.

5. Graphics were cartoonish and music was cool ^^

6. There were many other NPC cars in the world which would either attack, ignore or just run away from you... you could buy cars up to huge trucks which would 1 hit kill other cars you'd run over, from buggy like cars which could jump half worlds without falling down lol... one of these small buggys is forced on you after you reach the second world and are 'enslaved' by one of those underground NPCs..

That is all I remember, I know it's not much but after seeing so much success in this thread I thought i could give it a try ^^

Thanks guys

bowowser

Oct 23, 2012
I know this is a very broad description.. but there was a game I played with my dad when I was super young (I'm 18 but the game was much older than that) and it was a knight/peasant sort of game. You could move any direction on the screen to move around the map. There was a castle at one point that you could cross a bridge to get into but I don't remember much more than that. It was VERY old, big pixels and all. There may have been grass that you could cut up and collect stuff from or little houses you could go into but I'm not sure and I have no clue what it's called and neither does my dad. Help!

Sarcasm is my buddy

Oct 22, 2012
Curratum said:
Sarcasm is my buddy said:
Beyond Good and Evil?
YUS!!! Thanks LOADS!

caltona19

Oct 23, 2012
I'm trying to remember an old text-only RPG I played in the late 90s/early 2000s. There were no graphics. I just being able to choose your characters abilities (mine was a necromancer). I've been Googling for an hour and coming up blank!

Eternusx

Oct 23, 2012
Okay hopefully you guys can help me out. It's been chewing at my brain for the past week.

A PS1 RPG game about a boy in a crescent shaped village by the sea, that was blocked out from the forest. Beyond the forest lurked monsters and people told him it was dangerous. Then one day the monsters broke in and he tries to defend his village with his friends. Any bells?

Please, I need to know before I lose my sanity.

Rathilal

Apr 9, 2012
Not that old, but it was a game on the Xbox or Nintendo Gamecube, could be PS2, but it was a game where you went around in some kind of Italian-style town area in one of the levels, but I can't remember the mechanics. It had a Jack and Dexter art style.

Curratum

Sep 26, 2012
caltona19 said:
I'm trying to remember an old text-only RPG I played in the late 90s/early 2000s. There were no graphics. I just being able to choose your characters abilities (mine was a necromancer). I've been Googling for an hour and coming up blank!
Is this a text-only RPG as in, you only input text commands, or as in, your character is a @ and you're fighting monsters represented by letters?

Planeforger

Oct 30, 2007
HoneyBear said:
There's this old game I remember playing back when I was in grade school. Basically, the setting was a school and the main character, whose face you can't see and wears a purple sweater type thing and a red hat, and looks for clues within the school.
There was a faceless kid with a red cap in a lot of Super Solvers games.

I haven't played it, but does Midnight Rescue ring a bell?

courtneyxx said:
know not this game the characters are purple/blue and they dont have arms
Could they have been the Zoombinis?

Batou667

Oct 5, 2011
louis_boyce said:
I would like help trying to remember the name of a game on the playstation 1. I Don't remember much as I was quite young at the time but it was kinda like an fps strategy game I believe. You had a team of some space soldiers and you had to kill aliens which I believe had a pink/purple head and looked quite scary and big. I think you took it in turns to move or it had some weird system in place I think...sorry it's so vague. I youtubed 100 ps1 games and it didn't show up on there!
Space Hulk?